Alright fags, about to start taking online classes and I desperately need a new laptop...

Alright fags, about to start taking online classes and I desperately need a new laptop. Figured I would get one that could also play games. Doesn’t have to play the most hardcore game on full 4K double imax vr max or anything. Just one that can will be about to run things at a good setting. Looking to spend around $1000 but I’m willing to go a little higher if there is a good deal. Give me some good recommendations.

Btw, I don’t want to hear any “mehhhh laptops are for gaming, mehhhh!!” I need it for school and I don’t have time for these 8 hour games sessions. If you post that stupid shot I’m just going to ignore you.

Attached: 3F8BDAA2-4C2D-4714-AB37-FD2F465F5E94.jpg (1234x1885, 724K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/i7-8750H-Processor-GeForce-Gigabit-Windows/dp/B07F6K21HJ
laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-x1-carbon
youtube.com/watch?v=P523zzforPI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mehhhh laptops are for gaming mehhhhh

1060 GTX is bretty damn good for that price, you aren't going to get anything really good for under $1500 tbh

thij

Attached: 1518619197662.jpg (562x781, 393K)

Here you go:

amazon.com/i7-8750H-Processor-GeForce-Gigabit-Windows/dp/B07F6K21HJ

It's pretty much the best machine you can get for less than $1000.

I like this one.

It's a great laptop. With its six-core processor, 16 GB of RAM and a GTX1060 (6GB), it's superior to most desktops. And yet, it manages to stay pretty quiet even under full load. It's bulky, but no more so than any other gaming laptop.

laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-x1-carbon here's a good laptop user that isn't a gaming laptop

That’s the difference between the one I posted and the one he did. Unless I’m missing something I only pay an extra $100 for a little faster processor and an ssd.

Attached: 08419FC9-255D-4550-9BEA-D207AEF44D91.png (1242x2208, 449K)

Had a Lenovo like this once. It didn’t deal well with heat and I ended up getting rid of it. It’s a good price but it’s not made for getting rid of the excess heat.

Not OP but I'm considering something like this or perhaps a "2 in 1" tablet style. The latter I consider only because I assume it uses significantly less power. I live in an RV and my power comes from solar panels so my computer use is limited by its power consumption. Do you know if my assumption is accurate or how I could compare power consumption? It's not a spec that is generally advertised.

Asus is better because it's an Asus and it has better wireless connectivity. I find their shit more reliable than Acer. It's worse because slightly slower CPU and one less usb port.

Acer is better because the storage is SSD which is pretty importand and slightly better CPU.

other than that, yeah there's not much difference.

The Asus one comes with a 256 GB SSD and a 1TB hybrid drive, both of which are upgradable.

I just realized the difference in size. shiat. The Acer is 10.5 inches wide while the Asus is 15 inches wide. That's a pretty big difference. That's important. Measure and see what size laptop you want.

nevermind. wtf, the dimensions are reversed in the specs of those two.

no wait, I'm smoking crack or that acer is really 10.5 inches long. That's a fucking netbook lol.

Laptops are garbage, get a desktop PC.
Sage

I hope you're enjoying living in a bubble.

Unsaged.

I’m a retard and didn’t realize it came with both slots. This is probably the one I’m going with.

It's not just a regular SSD either. It's an NVMe, so it's roughly 5 times faster than a regular SSD.

I'm with that guy, laptops are for faggots and niggers such as yourself
kys sage

No, they are for people who go outside. I can see how something so obvious escaped your feeble mind, though.

Don't do it. I'm still investigating it. It may have an i5 not an i7. Look at the comments.

nevermind, I'm retarded. You can select which one you want. So you can configure it with 256 GB ssd instead of the hybrid drive for same price if you want.

There's an i5 option, so it's the same comment section. The i7 version is on sale for the same price, normally it's $300 more expensive.

youtube.com/watch?v=P523zzforPI

Here's a review on that model laptop. Says don't get it but his model for some reason has a 1050 ti but his other points may apply. Not sure.

>I can see how something so obvious escaped your feeble mind, though

Attached: 762.jpg (300x450, 23K)

You guys have been a big help. Hopefully this will be here for the weekend and I can finally play games for the first time in years.

So basically this guy is saying that the CPU is pretty much always throttled because the power draw goes down. Some thing like that. After my investigating, I would personally start looking at the Acer. I was looking at the ASUS for the most part up 'til now because I liked it better but would strongly consider hte other one.

That review is kind of old because the thermal throttling issue was solved with a bios update.

No one wants to help the gypsy. :(