What are you currently reading Yea Forums and why?

What are you currently reading Yea Forums and why?

Attached: IMG_20190226_152148.jpg (1944x2592, 848K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp79b00752a000300070001-8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

reading your thread lord knows why

I'm reading a novel about all the different kinds of penises and the ways suck them, you would like it OP

Yes

i hate it because i cant concentrate woth a fuck

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 12.04.28 PM.png (616x217, 26K)

Love and other trainwrecks

I don't like all kinds of penises, i prefer them uncut and thick

Damn, it's a treat for insomniacs

Antifragile, because I've very bad at making decisions and have become sheltered, so the idea of benefiting from volatility would be a game-changer to my life.

Attached: Convexity.jpg (1556x2400, 253K)

I had thought about trying stuff like that to fall asleep, but I heard another guy somewhere say that he developed a pavlovian response to reading biology where he would immediately fall asleep no matter when or where, even in class. So I don't want to do that lol

Taleb is a genius, his other book "Fooled by Randomness" was in out course for Stochastic Systems. Give that book a read too,it will change the way you think. Another good read would be "Thinking fast and slow" by Daniel Kahneman. James Glieck's "Chaos: Making a new science" might appeal you as it also caters the topic.

I have developed this response with religious scriptures. I used to recite them whenever i needed to calm down, specially before sleeping. So, now i can't read more than a page before i start to dose off

lmao that's pretty funny. Yeah I definitely don't want to do that with stuff that I really need to read through

Rereading the count of monte christo. It's still my favorite book of all time

Don't think I'll read any more Taleb. His ideas are great but they're too hard to put into practice outside of finance and actuarial assessments.
I need something that I can apply in my ordinary life.

>Another good read would be "Thinking fast and slow" by Daniel Kahneman
I'm already familiar with his research into framing effects and his theory of the two systems and semantic and other forms of cognitive priming in general

>James Glieck's "Chaos: Making a new science" might appeal you as it also caters the topic.
Just googled it. Doesn't seem like it's what i need right now.

Dark tower book 5. Almost done with series, and looking for something new to replace it. Any recommendations? I'm feeling like a space opera.

Attached: wolves-of-the-calla.jpg (455x700, 288K)

Your not going to like what it's says and yes you will die soon as everyone will sux I know
cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp79b00752a000300070001-8

true grit

Because I can relate to it and I need to turn my life around.

Attached: cant_hurt_me.jpg (907x1360, 121K)

Attached: 3328423601.jpg (2308x1616, 154K)

is this book as dumb as it sounds?
>cowboy must go to dark tower
>to fight villain who is evil because he is evil!

Yes, most books you'll find on this topic are either highly scientific and field-specific, or pathetic self-help books. There is a dearth of books that could be considered the middle ground, and help apply those scientific ideas on a daily social life. There are a few quality books dealing with managerial and corporate sector , and a few authors tried successfully fusing big economic theories and daily life.

is it good?

Yeah I truly recommend it!

Start with mistborn, user. It's amazing. Don't Google too much to avoid spoilers. Go straight into it. Rn I'm reading stormlight another work of Sanderson.

>There are a few quality books dealing with managerial and corporate sector , and a few authors tried successfully fusing big economic theories and daily life.
Care to name some and why they might be applicable to daily life?

Looks like a good read

Give it a try. You won't regret it!

What does Yea Forums think about making a kik group to discuss books?

Attached: 2-21617_hummingbird-hummingbird-jude-angelini.jpg (820x1334, 571K)

Freakanomics, hidden order, tipping point, outliers, blink, undercover economist, predictably irrational, and again I highly recommend Fooled by Randomness

Why do you recommend them though?
If I invest my time and concentration in any of those books - what can I realistically expect to gain from the process?

Which one had the most discernible impact on your life or career and why?

These'll help you understand the underlying patterns, and connections between various fields of life. Politics, human psychology, economics, market, history, and ultimately let you see through various illusions to improve your responses. No single book will present to you everything in a platter. You'll have to read various books. You can also read books on related topics like Sociology, anthropology, philosophy,etc. The thing is, it's not really an exact science, the human condition. There is no absolute answer, no social objective reality. What you can do is read various conflicting views Ideologies and school of thoughts. And to pick what makes sense to you. I think you can't exactly "use" the volatility in an institutionalised manner, as it is against what volatility it. You can observe patterns, read a lot of books on the topic, and develop a trained intuitive response? I dunno if it makes sense what i am trying to say

Not a single book. A lot of books made me, even an uninteresting piece of shit book had an impact on me,for better or for worse. all these ideas from different books , and the corelation of all the info as a result , it all collectively makes who i am today. I don't believe in the notion that a single book can change your life significantly, i mean it can, but the change is highly corelated to the kind of books one has been reading previously and the kind of ideas one had. I do have favourite books though.

A Edible Hstory of Food, not a bad book. Tad bit dryer than need be.

It's a weird read, and definitely not the best book in the series, but its good. The premise is bizarre as fuck, tho. I will agree that. Stephen king can tell a damn good tale, but the series suffers from lackluster and inconsistent worldbuilding. If you can get past that, it's actually pretty damn good.

There's a Yea Forums board for a reason, mate.

Kind of a tough read though.

Attached: ARTK_CT0_9783446446267_0001.png (378x550, 143K)

Jack dies for reals at the end :P

>There's a Yea Forums board for a reason, mate.

And you still haven't figured out the meaning of Yea ForumsRandom, have you ?

Warhammer 40K

There is only war.

Fancy

Nice quick stories to read while taking a shit

Attached: 51P6hClxdML._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (328x499, 34K)

Just starting to read this

Attached: 20190313_095920.jpg (1080x1996, 807K)

I read haruki murakami while taking shits. My bowls movements haven't been better

Attached: Patricia_Cornwell_-_Cause_of_Death.jpg (220x334, 20K)

On a related subject, do you know where i can find something like an archive of a shit ton of bootleg ebooks? I like to discover new things and with my current sources, I have to pick a book by name, one by one. I'd like like a whole library i can dl in a single click.

I enjoyed this. Is there anymore like it.

To better understand how we got into the shit swamp we are in.

Attached: 81QBEaG64PL.jpg (1549x2385, 281K)

Libgen.io
b-ok.xyz

Moby Dick. I love Melville's diction from reading his short stories, like Bartleby the Scrivener.

Love Dumas. Good choice.

Ohh sorry, i misread your question. You can download huge book collections off thepiratebay.org or other torrent sites. I don't know of any single click libraries though.

i must be a tard because idk where to get a whole collection of books there.
For what i know, you have to single handed pick books there?

Yes, i am sorry, i misread your question. No mass downloads there

For those anons who are looking for self-help books, what particular skill or process do you think would be most valuable/helpful to you right now?

Attached: 1471310141655.png (623x465, 251K)

Saramago is a great writer.

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-075958_Firefox.jpg (1058x1632, 498K)

I have only read his "Blindness", it is one of the best post-apocalyptic novel, surpassing Cormac MacCarthy's "Road".

Three Body Problem. Reading to expand the mind of course

Attached: 220px-Threebody.jpg (220x318, 27K)

Attached: 2116295472.jpg (2450x1344, 200K)

Fuck. I had totally forgotten about it. Best Chinese sci-fi thriller. Infact, one of the best sci-fi thrillers ever written.

This thread because I saw it.

Actually, I was gonna start reading a new book today. This is the first thread I saw today on Yea Forums. What a coincidence!

Anyway the book I'm gonna read is called "Kokoro" by Natsume Soseki. It's an old book from 11th of August 1914. The book is closely related to an another famous author's book, "No Longer Human" which is made by Osamu Dazai.

As far as I've seen the theme of the book is depression, suicide and so on. That's why No Longer Human came up on Google after I searched for Kokoro. I have read No Longer Human so this new book that I found will be very interesting.

Also just found out that this book has an anime surrounding it. Huh. I hope the anime is good.

Attached: Schnitzler James Capote Ini Roth 006.jpg (1049x1600, 320K)

Also dubs!

ENDERVERSE BABY

Attached: 51hXDdflGML.jpg (329x500, 43K)

Look at 'em go!

Attached: check'em.gif (365x359, 1.2M)

Looks quite promising and insightful.

Oh Lord, spare me the drudgery of endless Japanese depression honor and suicide. It does not translate into other cultures.