How about that boycott, huh?

how about that boycott, huh?

Attached: IMG_0337.jpg (749x766, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/
boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/worldwideopenings.htm
boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/worldwideopenings.htm?sort=domopen&order=DESC&p=.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I liked it.

Boycott? For what? I'll probably watch this next weekend at a drive in or something

>he watches and supports hollywood enough to defend specific movies against other ones
hurr looks like the product i like did better than your product!!!

HURR DURR INCEL SKAREDED OF TEH WIMMENZ! HURR DURR IVAN MAEK ALL MERIKA GO HURR DURR H8 TEH WIMMENZ!

Пpивeт Ивaн! Я вce eщe cocy пeтyхoв зa кoпeйки. Ивaн, твoй бocc нe coбиpaeтcя плaтить тeбe зa тeмы, кoтopыe ты пyбликyeшь. Bepнeмcя к хлeбнoй линeйкe для тeбя, Ивaн! Hикaкoй aнтифpизнoй вoдки Ивaн!

Yeah and the Last Jedi made a shit ton of money too. Then Solo flopped.

That's really funny looking English

You think Endgame is gonna flop?

Oh no not at all but it will be the last hurrah of Marvel

keep moving those goalposts!

What goalposts did I set?

That's a very simplistic view of why Solo failed.

I hope they go full political and ruin Avengers: Endgame, allowing the entirety of the MCU to collapse.

Fuck Brie Larson, she's an obvious racist and sexist, and fuck the regressive cunts that support her.

And fuck you if you're so retarded you can't do the 10 seconds of research to see this shit for what is is.

folks predicted Captain Marvel would fail.
Now they're saying actually it's just the beginning of the end.
just amusing is all.

You can deny it all you want but it is the reason for Solo's failure.

Yeah well those people are stupid. The MCU has as rabid of a fanbase as Star Wars and it has insane good will. Though make no mistake it is the beginning of the end for it.

The Avengers was always political, way back in the original comics. You dumb fuck.
I think Marvel will be praying that you mouthbreathing retards boycott and review bomb every one of their movies, considering the success you've given to Black Panther and Captain Marvel. Hilarious.

I didn't deny it. It was a factor. But it wasn't the only factor.
Solo was too soon, too expensive, too pointless, poorly cast, poorly promoted, and was aimed at precisely the kind of Star Wars fan that TLJ had pissed off.

Heyy...he was behind of this...

Attached: q3nx0zf5ja6hijdmx228665915400.jpg (1514x1146, 143K)

Who said they were going to boycott?

153 million is shit

I disagree. Solo was never going to be a blockbuster (the aforementioned problems you listed) but it would have made a profit if The Last Jedi hadn't killed the franchise. The more interesting thing will be how episode 9 plays out.

This. What was it's budget?

I saw this film and masturbated to the main slut in the back of the theatre. Left cum all over the seat in front of me.

After I got out of jail I started plotting the next steps.

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING.

150 million

Captain Marvel cost $150 million to make.

Damn so it only made back it's budget in the opening weekend? That's not really a good sign. It's not a flop but it's certainly not a profitable film.

uh. that $155m was its domestic total in the first weekend.
$455m is the global first weekend take. Which is the 6th biggest opening total of all time.
the budget was $150m, so it made three times its budget in 3 days. movies usually do 2.5x or so their opening weekend. So it will almost certainly make a billion dollars and be one of the most succesful and profitable movies in history.

oh boy.

yeah,so did black panther.doesnt make up for the fact they are both sjw piles of horse shit

it is hilarious how utterly clueless you are.

>watching movies to begin with

Try drugs you movie watching faggot

>Which is the 6th biggest opening total of all time.
Where are you getting those numbers? Are they adjusted for inflation?

>global

but you do not look at that
the where it matted was the US

there wasn't a global boycott not just is the US
so look at the US the movie failed horribly

this is a culture war, and you're losing.

it was the 18th biggest US box office opening of all time.
but sure, if that's "failed horribly" for you, fella, you run with it.

what is historic about a marvel movie making over 400m globally?

what does it matter when all superhero movies suck ass?

boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/worldwideopenings.htm
not adjusted for inflation. but still impressive nonetheless.

dude it cost 150 million
but made 153 in the us

that pretty bad yo stop looking at global numbers and account for the dam cost to make it too..

imagine being so littlebrained to not realize this is all staged 'boycotting' and 'reviewbombing' to start controversy... must be sad to be this jewish controlled

biggest worldwide opening for a female fronted film.
and it did those $400 million in a weekend.

In a weekend, you fucking moron. It's still playing!
Jesus christ. you know the global figures are still profit? How dumb are you?

drops to number 24 when you sort by US box office

boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/worldwideopenings.htm?sort=domopen&order=DESC&p=.htm

delicious. now it's the jews fault.
you guys are just a delight.

Since when is 153M historic? That's pathetic

the figures on the other one must be out of date.

Because if the US people boycott something
D U M B A S S
it wouldn't effect the "global numbers" over seas

what you would look at is the US numbers
HURR DURR

nope its right you change to the sort from global+US , just US

You know what's the saddest of all this? the movie is so goddamn boring that it didn't warrant a boycott to begin with. Had this been left alone to begin with, those numbers probably woulda been much lower without people going to the theater in reaction to showing boycotters wrong. It is what it is.

Attached: Rhyno Shrug.webm (500x626, 1.01M)

Don't matter until the bullets fly

you guys crack me up.
this is a new character in the MCU. Never been in a Marvel flick before. it's an origin story. March release. Not peak movie going season.
And it STILL was enormous. Beats out every other non-Avengers Marvel movie, apart from Black Panther and Iron Man 3. This is an unqualified domestic and global success.

What boycott? Were people boycotting? I haven't paid to go to the movies for like a decade so I definitely wasn't in the loop.

that's why it's called a culture war, you dumb fuck.

Only social justice warrior faggots spend good money on jew propaganda.

Attached: 1551997024926.jpg (2532x2108, 692K)

1st 26 minutes paint drying is more entertaining
Samuel Jackson is the only saving grace
in the last 20 minutes it finally perks up
but then the last 10 of action get real fucking cheesy

I wouldn't pay $1 to see this at redbox

3 million over its budget in the us is not great

so it it cost them a billion to make you would think its hot if it made 1 billion and 1 dollar Right lol

shit like this certainly complicate everything. However, despite all of the signalling bullshit, I am worried about a real review. Is the movie actually good?

I heard that, all bullshit aside, the new ghostbusters movie was just boring and underwhelming. In my opinion, the worst thing a movie can be is boring. People can watch campy or "B-movie" content, but nobody wants boring. This guy is right in that controversy like this may be the only thing to save a boring movie from flopping. A good movie doesn't need controversy to thrive, it's just *good*.

Ok, I'm gonna explain this real slow to you, because you are a retard.
that total is for the opening weekend. domestically. ok?
almost all successful movies, like this, go on to make at least 2.5 times their first weekend total. oddly enough, they don't pull the movie out of the theatres after three days.
That would give it a domestic total of $382million. so a huge profit.
But globally, that would give it a total box office of $1.13billion. a gargantuan profit. About the same as Civil War, but costing $100m less.
Does that make sense? This movie is a phenomenon.

you are not a smart man.

When it mentions historic, historic for what? Historic all time? Looking at this list it would have bumped Hunger Games (Another female lead series btw) to take over #17th all time opening weekend. But Marvel's Infinity War was #1, Avengers was #5, Black Panther #6, Avengers Ultron #7, Captain America Civil War #8, Iron Man 3 #10.

So considering it was Marvel it basically got a free pass into the same category. When you consider how it was meant to follow up Infinity War, by far the biggest movie all time, which ended on a cliffhanger, and how Captain Marvel was promised to lead into it from the end credits of Infinity War, this is FAR FROM historic. Maybe if you say historic because of woman lead, but even then, Hunger Games Catching Fire has that beat. So WHAT THE FUCK IS HISTORIC ABOUT IT?!?!?

go find a trump thread faggot

There's not an incredibly direct correlation between movie quality - aggregate reviews, both amateur and professional, depth of the plot, maturity of the plot (separate from mature 'content', by the way) and profits.

The real correlation comes from how aggressive the marketing is and profit. Better known actors, directors, studios = more profits. More marketing, more commercials, actors doing the "press junkets", which just means a publicity tour, doing the "talk show circuit" promoting it - all of those are directly tied to profits.

There was some Adam Sandler movie - I think Grown Ups 2, that made legitimately half a BILLION fucking dollars, and got a rating in the 20%. Some of Michael Bay's Transformers movies are similar.

They are clearly not concerned with reviews. If you, as a producer, can make 500 million off of Michael Bay, you don't care if the stars brainwash the masses into wanting white genocide, you make smart investments. As a producer, you go with Michael Bay. As a fan, however, you stay away from him.

It's just how it is. There are many pieces to the machine.

biggest global opening for a female fronted movie.
it only did *really* well domestically, not historically well. I'm sure Marvel can live with that.

I still remember that first week where WB tried to spin Batman vs Superman as a success too

>the stars brainwash the masses into wanting white genocide
I was with you right until you donned your tinfoil hat. so close.

If I was to venture a guess, I'd say that the movie is likely pretty underwhelming. The shills, much like the press coverage, is just PR pulling a Bioware.

OP here, and you know what, that's a fair point.
but it'll depend on genuine word of mouth. and not review bombing on rotten tomatoes.
my hunch is that this will do well. a billion dollars well? I dunno, maybe.
but the word is that people are enjoying the movie and coming out feeling positive. that usually points to a decent multiplier.

i didn't mean that's actually what's happening, I mean that if you can make 500 million off of one financial investment, you don't really care what the after effects are.

I'm sure a lot of us think we are moral, but 500 million is just such a stupefyingly large number. 99.9% would throw their morals out of the window for that kind of money.

true, but this is a Disney movie. And Disney movies now regularly make this kinda money. And it's based on the fact that people trust Disney movies. Morality is a part of that. It isn't a one time shot. You don't get to go in and spend a studio's money on something if it's gonna fuck the brand.

How about not acting like a bitch because a children's movie upsets you?

Not even the guy you’re replying to. But the Jews have an ethnic monopoly on the entertainment industry, it’s not even a conspiracy.

When the Jews were leaving Europe before WW2 the only jobs for them were in entertainment.

Likewise, the Catholic Church forced Jews into finance in the early centuries AD because “usury is a sin”.

It’s history, it’s not some Nazi conspiracy BS

Some things on this list are mind blowingly stupid. Also nothing there is adjusted for inflation or takes into account global marketing and access to movies.

Weird, because I had thought that ending sexism meant not making distinctions between men and women, so why does it mean jack shit if a woman lead movie does this or that? That makes the left the sexist ones...

Now no one gives a single fuck about a female lead movie, because that's why Hunger Games was female lead and did fine before without all this fanfare. People care because this was a FEMINIST movie. I don't recall Hunger Games pushing any feminist bullshit like Captain Marvel did, and I don't remember a single fucking negative outrage over the Hunger Games because of it. But when you make it about feminism, people go to fucking movies to escape to worlds with super heroes and shit, not for some bullshit political faggot agenda.

Disney has been buying out tickets

Attached: 1519841472806.jpg (480x480, 69K)

Its a fucking kids super hero movie which has the benefit of years of leg work by Marvel done for it in the current year with a female lead. Why the fuck wouldn't it be a decent time overall? Its not even close to a great Marvel movie but its not a bad one either. Its literally just a middle of the road super hero introduction movie that Marvel makes for any character someone wrote about at some point.
Captain Marvel will be far more interesting when we see her bant with the other characters in End Game.

Ending sexism has nothing to do with egalitarianism. The egalitarian aspect of feminism was achieved in the 20th century.

If you read their post modernist philosophy, they’re very keen on distinguishing right and wrong objectively, nothing and all about equality.

I wonder how it feels. knowing you dont fit in this world. You feel cold, huh? You will probably pass away feeling the same way.

I pirated the movie. It was pretty dog shit. I don't think it had this "agenda" people were trying to push along with it, just a standard movie. It was as boring as the comics. I'm just happy I didn't pay for it

Kek this worthless uneducated white nigger doesn’t know what a culture war is. Ohhhh and everyone’s so scurred of you fat useless dumbshits and your pussy threats. You retards have been calling for a civil war for decades yet nothing. Nada. Zero. Zip. Just big talk from sissy low wage white niggers who wouldn’t even know who to shoot

They compliment every marvel movie it’s like the 6th time I’ve heard “Everyone loves (blank)” “Critics are saying (blank) is Americans favorite super hero” you’re stupid if you though a marvel movie would flop

I liked it (:

Wasn't Black Panther actually good though? I heard this one was actually pretty sucky, mostly due to a piss poor protagonist holding the movie back from being as good as it could've been.

Black Panther was objectively decent. The ending was a bit sloppy. The rest was fine.

still isnt the 180+M they projected before. 30 million is still a significant boycot

Haven't seen the movie and probably wont. Never cared much for Captain Marvel and now I just hate Brie for being a racist

Do you have , ANY, modicum of proof to back that statement up?

Attached: image.jpg (780x547, 55K)