What's the sunshine story about black society? Did they ever have a golden time with great architecture...

What's the sunshine story about black society? Did they ever have a golden time with great architecture, philosophers and scientists? Today all we hear from black countries is starvation, war, rape and horror, but there must have been a time they did something good. Even when they are found in other countries they almost allways end up at the bottom.

Attached: 1390553888029.jpg (800x600, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Revolution
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1179/009346983791504228
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's a aborigine. They didn't ask for Britain's criminals to genocide them. Dont be a nigger.

Yes..Timbuctou was a center for higher
learning..The great mosque there is an
architectural wonder..It was a center for
trade of gold and salt and knowledge
from around Africa and the Middle East.

In Ethiopia there was a kingdom of African
Jews that lasted for centuries, and had a beautiful castle.

No. They largely didn't need to as a society. There were less of them congested together in a small place to fight for resources. That lack of conflict decreased the need for innovation.

>black society
Well, first you'd have to define black society. Since you clearly don't know too much about history, start with the democratic government in Iran and go from there. You can click wikipedia articles all day to come across their philosophers, economistz, culture and laws, then branch to other countries from there. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Revolution

It's there if you really want to look for it, OP. Besides Ethiopia, black state-level civilization is mostly centered around West Africa and the Swahili coast, although the Upper Nile and East African Plateau had its share of kingdoms.

Attached: BOWDICH(1819)_p341_PLATE_8_-_COOMASSIE,_PART_OF_A_PIAZZA_IN_THE_PALACE.jpg (440x318, 32K)

Timbuktu was part of the Mali empire, which an user had mentioned earlier. At one point it was actually richer than all of Europe, and a good portion of Europe's gold has its origins in Mali.

If you haven't been living under a rock, there's the oft-repeated story of Mali's tenth Mansa, Musa I (a picture of him from Age of Empires II is the poster child of the We Wuz Kangz meme) spending so much gold on his Hajj that he wrecked the economy of North Africa via inflation.

Attached: barthtimbuktu.jpg (800x468, 110K)

There never was a golden age for black people. This is way most black people are ashamed of their skin colour. It also doesn't help that their average IQ is extremely low compared to all other races.

Who gives a fuck?

The Swahili city-states such as Zanzibar and Mombasa encouraged a westward trade network that extended to West Africa, and middlemen would profit from this, creating civilizations of their own. Around Zimbabwe and Tanzania, some areas gained a lot of wealth and power that quickly centralized into state societies, and fortified themselves using that new state power. Here you find places such as Great Zimbabwe, which although is one of the most well-preserved of its kind is not the only one.

Attached: khami_reconstruction.jpg (800x553, 214K)

African culture took a big hit in the colonial period, and Europeans really didn't care about the achievements of the existing kingdoms or the more distant past - as far as they were concerned, there wasn't one and that's the way they tried to keep it. By making it look like Africa didn't have any history worth mentioning, it became easier to justify fucking over the inhabitants.

Attached: manhyia-in-1896.jpg (600x541, 175K)

Bumping for interest because you seem to actually have a knowledgable background on the subject.
Recommended readings?

Native Australians are basically neolithic. they didn't invent the wheel, metallurgy, etc because they didn't need to.

We were kingz n shit niggaz i swear to god man i my fucking family member from each iniquity i was an ancestor egypt man you telling me that that their emblems over there aint black? look at they skin man they black. hey you think you know man like im saying man we tryna go space n shit man like fuck man nigga these goddamn white peple man i ain't sayin man these white peple be ruinin our lives mane shit mane lemme lemme tell you mane my gran grandmama she part Egyptian mane you tellin me little king ta tu ta tut thats my great great great great great grandpa mane and you tellin me that these goddamn egyptians ain't black shit nigga look look man Julius Caesar's was black I don't know why this history books be lyin to you Julius Caesar's was black he wasn't white he Romans were ruled by by black peple shiet mane I tell you what I swear let all the black people in America go back to Africa they're gonna be god knows what.

Attached: kfc_fried_chicken_emoji_crop_by_epycwyn-dbeyooz.png (894x894, 472K)

You have got to admit it has to be horrible to be born black. Especially if you live in a country with other races. You're almost certainly going to be stupider, uglier and poorer than the average and you'll probably grow up without a dad.

Damn they have wakanda

Attached: 17bdef4.png (617x1404, 173K)

Back when humans barely understood the idea of fire, black people didn't get as hot as other people because their skin absorbed less sunlight.

This the pinnacle of their 'society'.

Sources?

The sunshine story is that they are the REAL "God's chosen people"... and you white fucks... along with your fucking bretheren the Jews, Arabs, Gooks... are gonna be destroyed by the Biblical God and THEY will rule over you with a rod of iron in the Kingdom of Heaven saith the lord.

Attached: 01-michaeljordan2-bulls-feb.jpg (656x371, 305K)

> black
> iranian
Choose one

True, but then you get free shit from the government and take jobs from people much more qualified.

As for why all this wasn't more common, better than it was, etc...this was part geography and part cultural choice.

Since humans, y'know, evolved in Africa, we're more or less ideally built to handle it in small population densities. Civilization is mostly an adaptation to live slightly outside humanity's comfort zone. There were parts of Africa like that, but the biggest civilizations were in response to trade.

Most non-cradle civilizations started out that way too. It was easier for them because there was a more open connection. The Phoenicians, already influenced by Egypt and Mesopotamia, could spread civilization all around the Mediterranean and go form there. People can go by horse and ox to India, where it can receive civilization from both Mesopotamia, China and itself.

To cross Africa, you have to cross the Sahara. Humans alone can't do it, horses and cattle can't do it, and camels weren't used in the Sahara until fairly recently in history. Sea voyages took too long to be of any worth. So very few people bothered.

Even if you made it to the Sahel, there's only so few people worth trading with and so any trade would be minimal (until you get camels). If you wanted to go further south, you'd have to pass the Congo rainforest...which is, of course, a big no.

So Africa in general didn't get to participate in the smorgasbord the rest of the Old World was sharing with itself, didn't develop as intensively, and got opportunistically exploited as a result.

For what it's worth, they didn't do half bad under isolation and poor geographic conditions for civilization. It's even possible that they independently developed iron smelting around 700 BC, without developing any kind of bronze.

tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1179/009346983791504228

Attached: loada.jpg (686x560, 92K)

Aw, shit man, I'm more of a pre-Columbian American guy (though I love early world history in general as well), but thanks!

Some friends of mine might be able to give you some more precise books that they like better, but here's some that I liked.

The Civilizations of Africa: A History to 1800 by Christopher Ehret

World Eras: West African Kingdoms 500-1590 by by Pierre-Damien Mvuyekure

An African Classical Age: Eastern and Southern Africa in World History 1000 BC to AD 400 by Christopher Ehret

The Swahili: Reconstructing the History and Language of an African Society, 800-1500 by Derek Nurse

Africans: The History of a Continent by John Iliffe

You must understand that black people never needed to evolve. White people lived in cold inhospitable places and only the smartest survived. In Africa being smart wasn't needed. You wouldn't freeze to death if you didn't build a house. But other stuff like running fast so you could catch animals was important. Hence black people can run faster but have low IQ.

Screencapped, I appreciate it. I love history, politics, anthropolgy/sociology, etc. So I appreciate the references!!

good thing there are egypt no we wuzzers in this thread

>You have got to admit it has to be horrible to be born black. Especially if you live in a country with other races. You're almost certainly going to be stupider, uglier and poorer than the average and you'll probably grow up without a dad.
I’m black and this isn’t the case for me. I’m considered hot, I’m definitely smart but you got me on poor. My family is lower middle class. Being black is fine, people over exaggerate it, both black and white people alike. A lot of black people make the mistake of calling assholes racist when 90% of the time, they’re just assholes and race almost has nothing to do with it, like if they experience an asshole white person they walk away thinking “what a racist piece of shit” but that guy probably goes and is an asshole to other white people too, so he may be a racist and racism definitely does still exist but the simpler way of putting it is he’s just an asshole and his assholeness manifests in racism. Same thing with sexism, homophobia, etc.

I have a question.

>I’m considered hot
Picture please.

I’d really prefer not to on Yea Forums of all places

On a final note, Afrocentrism - the whole "we wuz kangz" thing, taking obviously non-African civilizations and saying they were African - is really dumb and close-minded. Here you have all these fascinating pre-colonial states and civilizations, but they prefer to steal the achievements of others like Egypt, Mesoamerica etc.

It's really sad, and I wish they knew more about the history of their own continent than they claim to know about others.

No probs, broseph!

harlem renaissance?

Shut up kyle

niggers built the USA

Thanks for this, really appreciate your posts!

Tits / gtfo

I never imagined a civil exposition involving Africa would take place on Yea Forums

IDK why don't you ask the black guy fucking your wife?

I'm the one who asked for reading material, and I'm still surprised I didn't get hit with 50k replies calling me a samefag with antisemitic memes

Attached: D9458C29-9155-4AD3-88CD-EA494F9783FD.jpg (1280x960, 182K)

It's never too late, user!

Kingdom Of Ghana
Kingdom Of Kush
Land Of Punt
Axum Empire
>pic related

Attached: emperor-yohannes-monks-and-others-depicted-on-mural-in-abreha-and-atsbeha.jpg (525x350, 95K)

This, pal, is a living Hell on Earth...

Please tell me this is a joke?

Not bad, bub.

I liked your response earlier.

Enjoy your Saturday, friendo.

Jesus Christ

Mah nigga

>why would anyone be proud to be black
>your whole fucking race is addicted to crack

Attached: 1546448565782.png (989x984, 767K)

>the only time people on Yea Forums decide to believe what a Jew has to say about anything is when it's calling blacks savages

Attached: giphy (1).gif (411x263, 481K)

Fake bait. See first line "Austrian Aborigines". LMFAO

Attached: 279591B9-1EDA-4930-963A-4ED4B445EBED.jpg (450x338, 23K)

Everywhere. Read.