Did antidepressants work for your anxiety?

Did antidepressants work for your anxiety?

Attached: 1424576307495.jpg (1000x664, 549K)

Antidepressants and antianxiety meds are two different classes of medication. Of course, in practice you may see improvement in one area from dealing with the other. Shit's complicated, but there's different meds for each.

Attached: 1532184618571.jpg (862x807, 109K)

No

nah medication is poison, horrible drugs.
wanna be emotionally numb with a plethera of side effects go ahead

Nope. tried all 3 generations of SSRIs, and wellbutrin. No effect. benzos in low dose have no effect either; in higher doses, or being drunk, actually increase my anxiety.

only coke/meth/opiates calm me down so i can act normal.

ssri antidepressants are usually the first line treatment for some anxiety types

No. And what's worse, the anti-anxiety drugs that replaced them triggered dissociative episodes that had not been an issue previously.

Somewhat... When they added beta Blockers on top of it that's when my anxiety really went away.

Had better luck with psychadelics honestly.

No but Testosterone did. Game changer. Seriously, if you have anxiety get your T checked.

Antidepressants helps my depression and anti anxiety meds helps for anxiety (but only take the latter ad hoc so not often at all)

No

Had mine checked and it came back normal.
Still suffer from debilitating anxiety and insomnia.
I was never this bad before i went on psych meds.

Psych meds? For what?
I'd recommend almost anyone try psilocybin at least once if they have debilitating depression or anxiety.. but not if you have schizophrenia or psychosis or take lithium..

No it didn't it did make me pretty fat though
I don't really recommend taking them really it slows you down quite abit up stairs gives you issues with simple problem solving such as counting by 2's it freezes you up

Do psychiatrist really help?

Psychiatrists are medical doctors, and all they do is diagnose and prescribe. They don't do anything else. In that respect yes they're extremely helpful.

A therapist on the other hand, depends on the therapist, and if you get a good one, then it entirely depends on you. You fix you. They just show you how. But you have to do the work.

Anti-depressants are fucking stupid and a terrible idea.

It's really just a bandaid solution and most pyschologists today admit that the "chemical inbalence" thing is bullshit. In years to come we will look back on SSRI's and cringe.

Thanks user. i have been thinking about going to one, but they cost so much.

No but Beta-Blockers did.

Take Magic Mushrooms.

Chuck out your pills

>Most psychologists say chemical imbalance is bullshit
That isn't true. Mood is 100% chemical... If your mood isn't right, the chemicals aren't right.. it really doesn't get much simpler..

>Bandaid solution

Correct.. it helps relieve the symptoms of lack of motivation and hopelessness and elevates your mood to give you a baseline to make it easier for YOU to BUILD the attitudes and lifestyle that would support you indefinitely in the long run.
They were never meant to solve your problems, they just help you solve your own.

My partner got put on them for her anxiety and they made her bat shit crazy...... fucking talking to herself all day, randomly screaming at the top of her lungs. It was like she had tourette's syndrome. Scary times they were. The meds turned her into a fucking nut case!

I never said that it wasn't chemical...

I said that the idea that there is a chemical inbalence is bullshit

May I offer some information for you to use at your discretion... The FDA is back pedaling hard on psychadelics. Mdma, psilocybin, LSD, all of those drugs are being rescheduled from schedule I to schedule IV (schedule IV being, harmless, not addictive, therapeutic benefits).

The interest around them is they're proving to be damn near miraculous treatments for PTSD depression and anxiety.

I would highly recommend anyone with ant of these to a fuck tonne of research (on the national institute of health, it's a .gov website.) To make sure I'm not bullshitting you, then research how to safely consume psilocybin mushrooms (which is statistically the safest drug there is, even more than weed or alcohol), have yourself one very good trip, then see if you want professional help.

Cheaper possibly much more effective route. If you're worried about legality look into research chemicals. Similar compounds manufactured in accredited labs that vary slightly making them legally grey.

lexapro has made me worse

Chemical imbalance is an extremely broad term and meaningless.. in fact I don't think any doctor actually says that unless they're trying to quarter ass explain it to a patient with zero neurology knowledge what's happening.

what do you mean "even more then alcholol"

bro...

Exactly?

I'm typing fast and I just woke up sorry if things are jumbly.

It's safer than alcohol.

No, you're not arguing purely that chemical imbalance is bullshit. You're saying psychologists are "admitting it" as thoough that blows the case wide open and proves the medications are useless..

Going to the gym helped me with anxiety amongst other things...

I just want to be true to myself that i cant seem to do, since i was in highschool i'm already eaten by my depression. i cant feel jack shit and i just pretend to be happy and be okay with everything. even the worse is okay with me. i'm always making things positive when its highly negative.

yes. they're only part of the solution though.

>True to myself
That's kind of what it does dude.. psilcybin is an ego killer. It opens communication between parts of the brain that don't normally talk, and it dampens the sense of self.
Which means for a moment you stop seeing the lies you tell yourself about yourself and the world around you.and see things for what they are.
That's just one of the effects.

Ketamine has been finally been approved as an antidepressant (esketamine) it's a nasal spray and injection.

Costs a boatload though.

Yea, they made me numb enough so I could put myself into the situations where i felt highly anxious (chairing meetings at work and gigging, being in big crowded areas) so I could stick it long enough to 'show' my brain that nothing bad would happen. It took a year or so of this to rewire myself. As for the depression, I went to group therapy and had a one on one counsellor for 6 months. That combined with exercise and I'm a new man.

Ye m8.

They are.

You fucken' druggo.

No it was very clear that you were stating that it is safer then alcholol. What I am trying to say is...

No fucking shit alcholol is an actual poision comparing things like shrooms to alcholol just makes them look bad..

Pretty much everything is better for you than alcholol. Herion is better for ya.

jezuz

Nice! Thank you for this news. My friends have thought I was insane when I was telling them the FDA is rolling back on psychadelics for their anti depressant properties.

>anxiety

Anti-depressants OPENLY state they cause symptoms of depersonalization, suicidal thoughts ectra

It's common knowledge psychedelics can often do the opposite

besides if you did lsd or mushrooms in small doses everyday vs taking SSRI's everyday it is a fact that the first option would do less harm to your brain

Oh, well of course. I wouldn't go as far as heroine, but I always drop in alcohol because there are still at least some people who correlate legality to safety. And alcohol is fucking awful and people just don't realise it's a drug.
Kind of a conversational habit, sorry to state the obvious for you.

I'm microdosing as we speak.

Nope, made it worse

>Anti-depressants OPENLY state they cause symptoms of depersonalization, suicidal thoughts ectra
they also openly state that you should talk to your doctor and get off them as quickly as possible if anything like that occurs (which it doesn't in the majority of cases)
psychiatric meds are far from perfect, but their malignment has almost reached irrational antivaxxer levels

Have you read literally any medicine side effect ever? They all openly state what COULD happen. I took a smoking cessation drug that OPENLY STATED I could develop psychosis... The FDA will OPENLY TELL YOU that peanuts can cause anaphylactic shock.

Everyone's brain is different, you'll react differently to anything. The risks are listed for you and the doctors knowledge, and you are to go to your doctor if any side effects occur.

So you dumb things down for people?
Okay then your choice I guess.

But you are corralating legality to safety right now! Heroin literally is way safer then the vast majority of drugs, legal or illegal. Do some research.

It is non-toxic and does very minimal allmost next to no damage whatsoever in resonable dosages. The reasons its such an epidemic is because people get addicted to it and have to resort to shady deals and buy shit full of impurities with no way to tell how pure it is.

Pure H is legit one of the safest things you can take. Not really helpful for much other then pain relief though and it is really addicting.

There are no such thing as side effects, just effects.

whoa dude, like, it's almost as if it's in the word "side effects" that they indeed ARE effects, jeez man why didn't i see that before, the practical use of separating the wanted from the harmful results caused by a drug is totally bullshit bro

And effects we categorize into "target effects" and "side effects" as a scale for you and your doctor to measure how the medicine is affecting you and if it should continue.

You could have side effects and none of the target effects, you could have target effects and a tolerable amount or zero side effects. That's why we list them. So you know what to look for to ensure your safety and well being. If it the drug isn't working try another.
You people act like they're legit trying to kill you sometimes.

If medicine's actually worked to make people better then doctors would be out of a job

Attached: tumblr_npy6iol3HL1s516d0o1_500.gif (500x300, 1.67M)

if medicine never worked doctors would also be out of a job
next time you're injured in an accident, pray to allah instead

There's no such thing as column A or.column B.. only a list.

For fuck sakes man not like we use different words to separate things for easier understanding..

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my entire life.. I need you to go write that out in a journal over and over and over again until you understand why that's so incredibly retarded ...

Had strep. Went to the doctor. Got anti biotics. Strep cured.. the medicine worked.
Do you then suppose I never got sick or injured ever again in my entire life? I'll bet you think it was a great argument anyway

No we don't. Sorry I meant
No No No.

want sum fish to go with that bait nigger?

Attached: 0548f5e2dbb13a02835c76c69329f71d--scene-hair-mermaid-hair.jpg (639x960, 95K)

problem is, the anti-medicine, anti-doctors, anti-science and especially anti-pills stance is pretty damn pervasive in western culture now

i hear things like "i never take pills under any circumstances" from people i'd never expect to say it. so yea even if it's bait, this shit has a non-bait IRL existence that's hurting people and their kids

no, because they dont work if you take em and drink alcohol
and they definitely dont work if you take em and drink a LOT of alcohol

Attached: 1549881171044.jpg (320x246, 9K)

how is it?

You don't need pills lol just have a whole foods plant based diet and you have all the nutrients you need in fact far more then the average person

All of those drugs either made me feel like I'd end up on a murder spree or feel nothing at all. Fucking garbage.

Quitting stimulants (mostly caffeine) and cutting WAY back on jacking my dick and achieving orgasm, pretty much got rid of my anxiety. I've been eating healthy, getting good sleep, and exercising, as well. When my symptoms were the worst I couldn't tolerate my mind racing very well. I had to slow down and pace myself when browsing the internet.

Fucking hell! I need to get some!
I've managed to partition the shit out of my mind to the point where my emotions are stuck in there with no way out. I can tell they're in there as I have some of the physical effects I used to experience, but the more obvious effects are missing.

Well shit. This is a convenient thread.
I was going to start my own until I saw this.
Currently having a massive panic attack in a bathtub trying to bring mgself down.
Bpm is like 180 and I have tunnel vision amd all that other fun shit.
Halp.

Attached: ms-v9OSyV.gif (166x126, 217K)