If you've ever been convicted of a felony come in here and tell me what sort of job(s) you've gotten since you've been...

If you've ever been convicted of a felony come in here and tell me what sort of job(s) you've gotten since you've been out of trouble or offer advice.

I was convicted in 2017 for an incident in 2015. No, I am not black. I have got my shit together now and I'm staying out of trouble but I'm finding it basically impossible to get a job. As soon as they see the felony they tell me "no bueno."

Would love to hear what jobs you've had and whether they were decent. I'd like to do something that isn't particularly physically demanding but at this point I'd be happy with anything.

If it makes you feel better about yourself to come in and troll and call me names or stupid or lazy or whatever you want then come on in. I've heard it all.

Attached: download.jpg (243x207, 5K)

play stupid games get stupid prizes. you deserve to be shunned.

Completely deserved. Fuck you for breaking the law, should have seen it coming.

It's not exactly news that no one, understandably, wants to hire felons.

>You have felony
>You get no job
>This is America

Attached: 1536343184901.jpg (624×474).jpg (624x474, 26K)

What exactly was this felony?

op: hey I'm going to knowingly commit a crime
op: *gets punished*
op: WHY AM I GETTING PUNISHED

You're absolutely right that I fucked up. I'm trying to make it right by being a productive member of society again and walking the straight and narrow.

Depends on your felony and how you present yourself.

I was convicted back in 2008 and served three years. Since release I’ve had a few jobs, but mostly janitorial. Again, it depends on your crime but some employers will let you work the night shift and clean certain facilities.
I worked five years in a shitty job that treated me like a slave until I applied for another one that makes me feel human again. I get a good wage, insurance, paid vacation/holidays etc as the janitor of a manufacturing firm that produces parts for companies like Boeing. Just keep trying user. It’s hard but possible. Pick a niche and stick with it.

Don’t tell them you’ve got a felony stupid. What’s the worst that could happen? They fire you from a job you wouldn’t have gotten anyway.

>assault felony 2014 for stabbing a guy.
>probation ends in October
>felony will be on my record
>lawyer can get it removed for $6,000

That doesn't even remotely resemble my post. I'm not whining, just asking for experiences and advice.

you committed a crime severe enough for a felony. you do not get a chance - you willingly opted out of society.

This. Most smaller companies don't even do a background check.

Thanks user. Appreciate the advice and encouragement.

I busted into someone's house and beat their ass. Was a stupid moment of rage that I regret.

lol worthless scum

Damn. Did they hit you with multiple or did you plea out?

The oil drilling business doesn't give a fuck if you're a baby raping nut job. If you stay off all the dope and don't be an idiot with your money, you could be sitting on 300k in 3 years.

With that you could pursue your own business and give no fucks about your record. Well, you may not ever buy a house in an exclusive area, or rent a place except in shitholes.

The system doesn't want you succeeding. It just wants you back in your can. You have to decide if your will or their schemes are stronger.

Anyone coming at you with rehabilitation talk is likely about to fuck you over. There is no second chance in America. In all reality, you're on your first and only chance still, because you ain't dead.. Yet.

That’s a pretty bad one. You’re probably going to have a really hard time getting anything to die with the public. I feel that most felons are confined to manual labor type jobs, so you’re going to have to more than likely find something that is labor intensive. With that being said, if you learn a trade, you can make pretty good money and if you’re skilled enough go into business for yourself.

Sorry for the world being suspicious of you. By commiting a crime, you have proven to be someone to be careful of. You will have to work extra hard to convince people of your good standing.
Its not impossible though. Good luck dude.

Pled to residential entry and one count of serious assault. They originally threw criminal confinement and several counts of assault on there that they dropped.

Find a job at a mom and pop store and be honest with them.

Wtf is with all the judgemental shitwads thinking they're perfect? Unless you're a derranged serial killer or something of the like, everyone deserves a second chance.

You mean all those mom and pop stores that walmart put out of business?

Good ideas I hadn't thought of. Considered trying to be a truck driver, seems decent but not sure if trucking companies will hire me and don't want to go to all the trouble of getting a cdl if I can't get a job.
Thanks bro.

Yeah, I figured that was the case. They usually float a few in front of you to grease you up into accepting a plea of only one charge so you aren’t spending the rest of your life in a box.

Mom and pop stores can't afford to hire anyone for a wage or hours anyone could survive on.

Did you kill your number or are you on parole?

Yep. The criminal confinement was the grease - that's like 5-10 years.

Trucking is only a real option if you're over 25. They usually won't hire younger due to insurance reasons. The real money in trucking is HAZMAT, but is now a no-no for felons. Besides, most are paperless logs, so you can barely make ends meet.

The modern world is utter bullshit. It would be better to burn it all down and risk extinction.

100% off of paper.

I bet construction would take you. Or go to welding school or some shit. One of my buddies literally stabbed a dude and he still makes a killing on his welding rig

I am over 25 so I'm cool there. I don't know what you mean by paperless logs and how that means you earn less. Can you elaborate?

Good, that makes things much easier in my experience. Trucking is a viable option but you can’t do Hazmat as a felon. I’d encourage you to pursue it because it’s actually a sound idea.

I'm assuming he means digital logs so you cant forge your numbers to earn more

My friend needed a ride home from a party, I was tipsy but not drunk. I offered to drive him home. We got hit by a car from behind at a stop light. My "friend" claimed injury. I was under the influence, car hit us from behind, passenger injured, that's a felony.

>Good, that makes things much easier in my experience. Trucking is a viable option but you can’t do Hazmat as a felon. I’d encourage you to pursue it because it’s actually a sound idea.
yeah get in to commercial trucking literally 5 years before 98% of all trucking will be done by autonomous vehicles

No pun intended?
Thanks. Are gasoline tankers considered hazmat? Strange rule but whatever at least I'm not totally banned from the industry.

I have a felony for misuse of a credit card over 300. I worked at several part time jobs (auto parts, pizza delivery, etc) before I decided to get a business license. I now own a successful computer repair shop after a few years of work. If I have to actually go anywhere to fix something others cant I bill $80/hr plus travel. Pretty worth it, I only work a couple days a week, still smoke weed, still party hard, still have fun. The only physical labor is carrying my bag o tricks (laptop bag) and sometimes a desktop machine. I am looked upon with respect by the big business owners I work for, their employees say yes sir and no sir, completely oblivious to my past. Own 2 houses, a bunch of toys (cars, quads, machines), and am married to the love of my life with our 19 month old. Couldn't be better. Dont listen to nay-sayers, their opinions dont matter anyway.

Yep dui is a felony. Not paying child support is a felony here. Lots of things you'd think wouldn't rise to felony level actually do, at least in my state.

My long time girlfriends grandfather was a truck driver after Vietnam. He’s very well off. He has a nice big house with a unground pool on a river with a dock. He also has a half million dollar RV that they go all over the country in for months at a time. He’s retired now, but has one dump truck that he has someone drive for him to make some income from. I don’t know how the trucking industry is now but he was wise with his money over the years and it’s paid off.

I can worry about that in 5 years and I can get my record expunged in 8. So better than working as a jizz mopper.

I’ve got a felony and I got hired to be Andy sixxs personal toilet. I get payed in Sixx logs an hour

Yeah, I’m pretty sure gasoline is considered hazmat. You’d be transporting material goods for the most part.

Create your own company.
Work as a consultant.
Have had no issues with it.

You are all a bunch of fucking niggers. Go back to jail, bubba misses you

And how does a “consultant” work?

Contractor work man. Learn a trade. Join the electricians union would be my advice. They’ll hire a felon.

Nah just kidding. Goodluck out there user

learn to weld you fucking retard.

Attached: Screenshot_20190207-171644_Messages.jpg (1440x2560, 1.68M)

Doing your time doesn't redeem you. You will have to work as the lowest of the low, 80 hour weeks for minimum wage, live in shit areas, eat only the cheapest food you can buy at the grocery, take the bus to work, until you can save up enough money to get your record expunged. Prove you can survive like that, then we are ready to let you back in to society.

I got caught up for a misdemeanor amount of weed (>90gs) and because I happened to be driving down a main road with a school within 300yds it got upped to a state jail felony. Took the plea and it got reduced so I guess technically it’s not, but the way criminal backgrounds are done is very complicated and uncertain. I got a job as an axe throwing coach making 12/hr plus great tips, so I probably average somewhere closer to $17-20/hr depending on the weeks. Pretty dope, granted I didn’t get any type of background check/ drug test.

Do you have a degree?

>Axe throwing coach
What the fuck?

Call centres, warehousing, delivery driving (UPS, fast food, whatever), a kitchen somewhere maybe? I have no ideas about these industries, but they sound like sort of thing could help for short term cash. Longer term, a trade like building, plumbing, electrics, auto mechanic etc, could work

Pussy

But you’re wrong.

Nope. Just a few certs.

Worked for UPS. They’re very picky about their drivers and it’s competitive for it. They do hire felons, but if they see OP had breaking and entering they wouldn’t even consider him for delivery drivers.

Before big brother got up everyone's ass with GPS and spying equipment that would make the Stasi blush, truckers had paper logs, two of them.. Both reasonably legit. One you showed cops at weigh stations and stops, another you turned in for your paycheck. The paycheck one was the more honest one, the cop one was honest, but "interpreted" for legal purposes. They wouldn't actually vary much, but that difference was the gap between paying bills or the electricity getting shut off.

They're trying to get a rise out of you, newfag.

Yeah we can keep playing your way.
Until everything goes sideways and faggot sheep like you find out what happens when you get full of yourself and the shepherd ain't around to abuse the wolves anymore.

You'll be slaughtered not for food, but sport.

Stupidity has consequences indeed. Remember that bitch.

They have axe-throwing ranges in some cities. Plywood targets against walls in gated rows. It's supposed to be fun and "manly". If that's what you need to feel manly, then that's sad, but it's supposedly a pretty cool activity. I'd rather go to a shooting range, but in cities where you aren't allowed to own guns, it can be a good release I guess.