Are there actually people who avoid things/situations that make them happy?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aversion_to_happiness

Are there actually people who avoid things/situations that make them happy?

Attached: 1446733814940.jpg (600x803, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1aAyPJhQlIg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's okay honey. AOC isn't going to jail.

yes, it's complicated
long-term depression can lead to that
or psychological trauma

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.

>McChicken sauce
that's mayo

Fuck u kid stop ruining that guys happyness. Jealous fuck

i avoid them so i don't have to lie to nice people about being unhappy

I'm dying laughing at this conversation

no, it's sandwich sauce

Yes, generally the product of an abusive childhood where any good feelings were punished by the parent.

source: Me and my psychologist of the past 12 years.

Good thread. Happiness can be addictive- like anything that makes you feel good, after a while it makes you feel worse. It's a "depression thing" for sure, but a thing none the less.

For the first time in years, I'm going to do something that might produce actual happiness, and not the fake from drugs and drinking.

And already, I feel like bailing out of it, because it would make me cry and "look stupid"...

Don't be a pussy

Yeah I know... But it's so damned easy being a pussy.

Tits or gtfo

Heehaw, you wanna see my manly tits ? They're magnificent due to weight gain from medication

It's easy because making a difference is always hard.

This post is like a sculpture carved out of pure cringe. It's not a real thing; it's something crafted to resemble a real thing, and the artistic medium is social awkwardness. It belongs in a museum.

Hey what's up up 3 for free? How are ya buddy? Long time no see.

Your shrink is taking you for a ride for bullshit for over a decade. If they're so damn good why the fuck you need em for 12 years. Give me your money instead. I can do absolutely nothing for you in return as well. Jackass weak fucking people.

Yeah. But that's growing up. Being a mature adult is the difference between putting your happiness ahead of your responsibilities and duties.
Yes, I will be happy about walking into my job, taking a shit on the floor. Blowing my savings on drugs and hookers. But at the end of the day, my kids won't have a place to live, or anything to eat, and my wife will have caught chlamydia.

Attached: 1550978155691-b.png (436x428, 264K)

Feminists.

Since my late wife died I've been evading girls that show interest in me, I'm completely conscious about that, because I feel like if I was cheating my wife if do otherwise

That is a dilemma that has always made me wonder, since my father died...

Wouldn't the dearly departed still wish ultimate happiness for the ones left behind, if there is an afterlife, even if that meant they found someone else to live life with ?

As in, you can have eternity with each other, after you both are at the same level of "conciousness"... if you know what I mean.

Then again, isn't the line "'till death do us part ?"... That must mean something, if you are a believer that is. Otherwise, I'd say your spouse could easily "Wait a day in Nangijala (Brothers Lionheart by Astrid Lindgreen)" while you live your life to the fullest.

But there is indeed a LOT of metaphysical questions being raised in this dilemma.

Do you feel fine doing what you do ?

you're here ain't cha?

Don't live in america,

Psychologist is completely paid for by my insurance which already was covered within the base insurance (available from €80 a month).

If you don't make money the main issue between you and your psychologist they might take the time to actually try and heal you. Sometimes it takes long. Here I won't go bankrupt because of it.

Nicee one...Elon.

Attached: ephad5vcm3bzuvd5n22988782500.jpg (1690x1175, 123K)

There's plenty of people who do it. Because they know that if they're happy they won't have anything to bitch and complain about, so they can't get validated by feeling like a victim, so they avoid being happy in lieu of bitching and complaining.

You don't know jack to make those assertions.
For all you know the guy lives in a place where healthcare is free of charge, started out really bad, got better over a few years and now just has occasional checkups every six to twelve months. Not saying that's the case but without detail how the fuck can you know that he's being taken for a ride and had nothing done?

Ah knew it, posted in the meantime. There was more to the story.

I live in America and I have a job that pays for my health insurance

Why is that such a difficult thing for so many people here. You don't need free health insurance you need a fucking job. Go get a fucking full time job. It will literally solve most of your problems.

check out comments from women

youtube.com/watch?v=1aAyPJhQlIg

>Go get a fucking full time job

lol never

I agree in that if I was the one on the other side nothing would make me more happy than see her having a happy life with somebody else, but even when I know that I still feel remorseful by even looking at other women, Im happy knowing that the results of my efforts in everything I do have its roots on her, since she was the one that motivated me to always do my best and even more, and that line of thinking make me feel as if she was there with me

Yes, people with depression.

Ok then you don't get health insurance

Have fun being poor and complaining about things that the rest of us have without much effort.

One day you'll be older and have nothing in your life but the regret that you didn't try at all

These fuckers exist. And not always just depressed fuckers. My ex wife was a narrcicist, and basically made my life hell. Looking back, it was due to my family being like that - essentially I married a carbon copy of my mother.

Cost me 18years, my kids and most of my working life. And I'm Still paying.

Avoid these dirty fuckers at all cost. Tybee will leach the life out of you.

Rock bottom can be comfortable to some. I think it’s an insecurity of losing something you don’t think you deserve, or bracing for it to not last forever. Like not getting a dog because of the pain you will go through when it gets sick/dies/runs away. By not getting a dog you don’t have to go through that sadness but are still generally sad because you still want a dog.

Do you want me to explain you?

I am 2 steps from killing myself so trust me when I say I know what is like.

When your life is shitty, and I mean really shitty and when you best tentative of turning the table backfire badly then you stop looking for those situation that boost your hopes only to make you feel worse later.
You try to avoid the rollercoaster, to take chances of getting hurt futher.

It is gradual first you avoid the club then avoid talking with girls then friends family etc.
Your life gradually turn into your room and your futile tentative of escapism.