I have a very strong desire to pray, but my prayers are always recited from a booklet or website...

I have a very strong desire to pray, but my prayers are always recited from a booklet or website, they are not original prayers I came up with myself. I was wondering, does God even care when I recite these prayers? Would I be better off coming up with my own prayers?

Attached: angel.jpg (650x800, 283K)

Ask him.
If he cares enough he'll tell you.

God jerks it to your prayers

Bare your heart. Then you'll know.

Pray for cum!!!

Romans 8:26 - Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

"god" as you know it isnt real
Im sorry to wake you up but christianity is a lie
There is no "god" overlording this world, this reality is pure, unadulterated existence between your next death and your next life

Your prayers go unanswered because there is nobody to answer them. Instead of praying, go forth and create the change you oh so desire with your own hands
Mold reality as you see fit, for you are a more powerful being than you can ever know

Attached: The Reason Project.jpg (704x929, 105K)

Heeeeey edgy teen is here! What up?

Attached: 2Z8BJjm.jpg (781x960, 102K)

>christianity is a lie

t-take it b-back m-mutherfucker

Attached: crying.jpg (225x225, 9K)

2 John 1:7 - For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Yes and maybe. Coming up with your own makes you think about what you want to ask him and what’s really important.

Pick a mantra and just go with it. Fucking just go with ohm I don’t care. Prayers are mediatation time nothing more.

God is real. I've met God. I haven't met you. You aren't real.

This, except there is no next life. When you for, you completely cease to exist. Nothing matters and nobody is watching over us. An asteroid could obliterate the human race tomorrow, and it would be like all of history never happened.

I hate that this position is considered edgy

Attached: 1551150938470.jpg (250x209, 10K)

Just talk to it man. It already understands and loves you. I met it a long time ago. No words can describe it.

1 John 4:3 - And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

You mean the "I'm going to take a joke seriously with muh atheism"?

Attached: ZhDASht.jpg (600x420, 64K)

What do you mean you met it long ago?

I'm just curious, what was it like?

If you were a True Christian you would pray in tongues.
I pray in Tongues and have seen others do the same and perform miracles. God answers all our prayers.

God will never take your prayers seriously until you become a True Christian and be Baptized by the Holy Spirit and you will know this because you too will pray in Tongues.

You just proved yourself an amerimutt twice
Can you not see that your storybook dosent make an iota of sense?

Attached: 1539751633245.png (648x494, 201K)

Post boipucci

Hail Satan.

1 Corinthians 2:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I'm not the user you were asking this to, but God isn't a person, not even shaped like a person. Hard to explain. "Made in his image" refers to our souls, not our bodies. Meeting God is something that lots of people have done, but not many talk about.

How do I go about meeting god? I know it’s probably very hard to explain if you even know how but I’m very curious and would like to know more

My dear Frodo:
You asked me once...
...if I had told you everything
there was to know about my adventures.
And while I can honestly say
I have told you the truth...
...I may not have told you all of it.
I am old now, Frodo.
I'm not the same Hobbit I once was.

Easy
You'll need a rope
Are you good at knots?

Its not
is just retarded

1 Corinthians 1:18-31 King James Version (KJV)
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

You’re better off farting into the wind.

Honestly, I'm not even sure how it happened. I was fully awake when it happened, fully aware of my surroundings yet I was in another place at the same time. Attempting to talk to God directly gave me the worst headache I've ever had in my life. Turns out we don't talk directly to God for a reason. I wasn't given any special mission and it didn't add any more or less meaning to my life. It is nice to know that the afterlife does exist though.

Attached: 1525602201973.jpg (453x576, 47K)

Seek the Lord, and his strength:
seek his face evermore.
Psalm 105:4 | KJV |

This helped me a lot when I started praying then one day it all seemed fine and accepted and positive regardless of how it happened. I got a thought inside my head that was not mine telling me what I was doing was good and I was being understood either way. Just the massive ball of feelings I was offering was still completely understood.

Attached: 1540823615397.jpg (610x368, 44K)

OP, sounds like youre wanting to grow spiritually. Or get more in touch with that part of yourself at least.. I can respect that.
I'm no expert but..
>become still and at peace
>pray from the heart, not mind

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-24-22-16-53.png (704x587, 382K)

There is no good reason to believe there is a god in the first place, let alone that it has prayer preferences. Insofar as we can tell, prayer works at the rate of placebo.

>quoting my book of fairy tales ought to do it

Romans 8:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

As the emo fags used to say when I was in high school.

You worship an omnipotent being capable of doing anything and all knowing. That means all of your needs, wants, desires, strifes, and pain. All of it, your god knows about. So tell me what good is prayer? Why is it necessary? Does your god celebrate excess? Does your god dabble in pride? Prayer is something to keep the poor and stupid hopeful and busy. It was invented by the church.

all thoughts are prayers

>does god care about copypasta?

yes he does why do you think most prayers go unanswered?

>you want him to change his whole plan just for you and you can't even ask in your own words.

Attached: 1548043025870.jpg (480x635, 34K)

>prayer was invented by the church

prayer might have been popularized by the church but the church does not have a monopoly on prayer, prayer is just talking to god (or whatever else you want to call it)

Matthew 6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

nah you gotta pray out loud or else god won't hear you

God is everywhere and everything. "Split a piece of wood and I am there, lift a stone and you will find me." You don't need to pray. Just go find a hungry person to feed.

Ayy God is literally shit.

Here is the thing.
I have a full belief in prayer.
I'm spiritual, not religious.

When you pray on your own and your will is honest and true, you'll find direction and guidance.

If it's not (man please let me win the lottery, there is this hot girl help, etc), won't work.

Bare your heart.

Prayer is literally a placebo.

Jeremiah 17:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Romans 6:12-23 King James Version (KJV)
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What does God need with a starship? - Captain Kirk

nobody with half a brain is taking your bullshit fictional book seriously
fuck off

rekt and checkt

Attached: local man checks em.png (308x339, 124K)

Prayer is like a monkey paw wish: It doesn't work if you pray for something for yourself. You have to pray for God to help other people.

That's been studied, and it doesn't work. If the person you're praying for doesn't know you're praying, nothing happens. If they do know you're praying, it can actually hurt them from performance anxiety.

yeah you're right, my mom tells me she prays for me and i just want to slam her in the fucking face for making me feel like i should be doing better just because she prays for me

Pray in tongues
“.Think gibberish” – “>Which is what it is to the mind.”
“> works thru Christ.”
Like when actors in movies like “The Mummy” pretend to speak ancient Egyptian.
Ps.. this is my very best advice I have – “>The biggest live lessons I have learned.”