Humans are not bodies with faces

Humans are not bodies with faces.
Humans are brains. Massive Metroid-looking blobs of self-centeredness that belong in the ocean.

Suspended in brain juice, the brain moves the body like the pilot of a Gundam, Metal Gear, or Eva. It takes in information from the eyes, and imagines what’s going on with relative accuracy. It measures the movements in the hairs in your ears and decides what other information to pay attention to. It feels whatever component of the body may be in danger, or is serving its purpose very well...

It lives in a reality that is not necessarily the world we live in. The human lives in its own world, where it can vaguely receive information from other brains and hence interpret it in its own unique way.

We are jellyfish-like creatures that are all completely alone, yet with no self awareness, associate humans with their faces and bodies. The world is so different from what we thought it was.

Attached: 31CCF87B-7E96-473E-A03F-BCC99566D355.jpg (770x770, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=C4l1o0SZL6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think about this every time I eat a walnut. Its like the tree's grow little brains we eat that feed our brains.

Attached: 1539630918748.jpg (603x598, 204K)

Brains driving body cars dude we know already go take some psychadelics

your brain aint looking too good there, OP

>if the voice in your head is you, who is listening to it?
Umm, you? Since when are you unable to talk to yourself?
If I say to myself out loud “damn, this is a stupid post”, who is hearing it??????? oh wait me

no you tard

that's not how zoological taxonomy works at all

A hominoid, commonly called an ape, is a member of the superfamily Hominoidea: extant members are the gibbons (lesser apes, family Hylobatidae) and the hominids. A hominid is a member of the family Hominidae, the great apes: orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, and humans.

fag

Yes, all of those things are brains as well. They’re not their bodies. They operate bodies, and we classify them based on the bodies they operate and the types of brains they are.

That doesn’t detract from the fact that your arm is not you. I could cut off your arm and you could still be you. I could cut off all your limbs, torso, and remove your brain and put it into a vat of lifejuice and you’d STILL be you. Wanna know why? Because YOU are your brain. Not your body. Your body is a component to you, and it’s the you that everyone can see, but at the end of the day, you, humans, all of animals are brains housed in moving armor suspended in a vat of brain juice. YOU are THIS! m.youtube.com/watch?v=C4l1o0SZL6c
An ugly, pathetic looking worm-like ball of ideas, desires, wishes, and feelings.

Everyone from your mother to your father to Hitler to Moussolini to Ghandi to moot to Neil Armstrong to the first human is THIS! Not a body! Disgusting!

Ackshually, basing your consciousness around a physical container is pretty misguided since it's the information and connections that are made that are the most important.
Hence, if your mind was cloned, then you would have a divergence point and two instances of yourself, slowly growing into two separate people.

You have to brains, one that was not the clone and the one that is the clone. In that situation nothing happened to you. There are now two people.

Would you classify yourself two seconds ago as you now?
I guess this is where the paths part.

go to sleep, timmy, stop posting shit on the internet

Nothing changed for you. A new person was created using the exact same information as your current self.

ITT: Weeb being deep after his first DMT trip

You're close, but you have not gone deep enough.

What aspect of the brain makes you experience life? Electrical and chemical reactions do exactly what you do - they calculate all those bodily inputs, and inputs from the brain itself, and turn them into body/brain activity. The structure of the brain decides what output every combination of inputs will give - it is controlled by the laws of the universe. Our living experience is not what controls the brain - we simply observe what the brain is doing, we live what the brain is doing.

We are matter, and we experience electrical and chemical interactions. But how could we be ALL the matter in our brain, or even just the conscious matter? That would imply we were created when the brain was, and that just does not add up - how can something that doesn't experience anything, suddenly start experiencing? It must be that we are "inside" a single unit of matter, be it a particle or quark or atom or electron or something else, and whenever it interacts with electricity or chemicals, we experience that, because we are the information, we are the unit of matter, and when we physically change, our experience changes.

We're matter, amongst numerous other matter, inside a brain, being controlled by it. We have always been around, and we always will be.

It is really refreshing to hear this exact thought from someone else. Perhaps some force or particle in the universe is what we consider to be “alive” in the sense that we are the ones observing what these brains do. Could it be that this is God? Could it be that we are all God?

The other question is why is this the case? What does Mother Nature benefit in having two yous: the brain that does each of the action, and the particles (God?) that does nothing but observe the actions and goes along for the ride? Why does this happen? Is everything alive?

>the brain moves the body like the pilot of a Gundam, Metal Gear
>Metal Gear
I fucking knew it

i do not see what any of that has to do with god

for one thing, it means we don't have free will, which would mean christianity isnt real

Humans are nothing more than a social construct that they created in order to sell cars and hamburgers

Attached: 1529857143631.jpg (630x478, 66K)

Not god as in the Christian god, but god as in the only thing in the universe that can have a universally unique perspective and experience the first person in the sense that you and I do

>tfw you smoked weed that one time and thought you thought something profound
If you have no self awareness then you couldn't have come to your conclusion. The brain also needs the body to give it the essentials for it to be a living organ, you retard. The content of information attained by your brain comes from your sensory perception, which comes from your body. Dumb ass. Humans are the entirety of their body.

our ability to experience is a "product" of the universe, not of nature.

"you" are a single particle, amongst other particles, who experience what the conscious brain does. Humans have possibly billions of "souls". Nature "benefits" in that it had to use matter to make the brain, and this is apparently how matter works.

No your brain relies on your body to supply it everything that it knows. All your sensory organs, and the hormone producing organs, major systems and structures, all the billions of gut bacteria that are essential for regulating the bodies major functions. Your brain literally couldn't function and would just be nothing without those things.

If you just somehow grew a brain in a lab and didn't provide it with the essential functions that a body provides it would just be an empty dead shell, it wouldn't just automatically have a conscious personality that developed independent from a body.

Attached: 1426925786536.jpg (232x185, 13K)

carbon atoms are gods?

It's just pattern re-recognition(-cognition, - ognition, - gnition)

Yet if I ripped your brain from your skull and put it in a vat of futuristic brain supporting juice that mimics blood, your mind would live. Are you trying to in good consciousness tell me that that is no longer you? Are you this attached to the body as what it is not?

on, n,
n,
no.

>i do not see what any of that has to do with god
>
>for one thing, it means we don't have free will, which would mean christianity isnt real
all words in the english language are made up. including the word 'god'

I remember how cringe it was hearing a person that was more/less biologically worthless use the word 'god'. you know... when someone tries to use a word they don't understand and you can sense it.

some people are simply better then others. there's eons of brutality in all of us.

i had a stroke 2.5 years ago and it's impressive that the neurons in my brain are still producing consciousness.

i cant tell if your a slightly above average 15 year old or a 26 year old thats really late to the party

Who said anything about carbon atoms?

>no self awareness
Speak for yourself faggot

>Ackshually

Attached: 1550769507606.gif (352x264, 1.99M)

The soul

I did

WAIT
if we’re even having this conversation right now and are able to articulate it, then that means that the brain is aware that it is being observed by a unique perspective.

Wouldn’t this suggest that the unique perspective IS an active part of the brain, as the brain is able to be made aware of this and affect its outward environment given this observation?

Shouldn’t this suggest that either we are not alive in the sense that we think we are, or that it’s NOT indeed quarks or whatever the fuck that allow us to have a unique perspective?

Attached: A905E12B-EE22-43DB-9F2E-25DFA385362B.gif (500x375, 628K)

fk

Yup

so you just graduated middle school?

Attached: 1521955392586.png (285x279, 151K)

it dosn't count if you do that after the fact the brain had a chance to grow and developed inside a normal persons body.

Also ripping away all sensory organs all of a sudden would have a major impact on your conciseness and your brain would freak the fuck out. Also if you brain didn't die right always it will still try to communicate with your body even if it complacently gone because its major purpose is still regulating major body functions. Thats why people experience shit like phantom limbs and cybernetics prosthesis for amputees actually work by reestablishing the connection to the signals the brain is putting out.

if you did that to an undeveloped immature brain you would have jack shit.

How about somewhere in the middle?

Ultimately your body is nothing without your brain and your brain is nothing without your body. One cannot function properly without the other.

op is always a retarded faggot

You’re trying so hard to make reality not the case. Why does this idea terrify you so deeply?

Autism. You are holding onto an idea that does not hold with logic due to an emotional attachment to the normal.

Lmao

Attached: 1551638005332.jpg (358x358, 14K)

Attached: Marijuana+junkies+are+stupid_95e34f_5274293.png (460x568, 246K)

ok then tell me how exactly would a brain without a body would develop on its own then smart ass?

That's what the brain wants you to think!

Since when is that what any of this about?
You’ve argued yourself into a hole. If you read the original post, it has nothing to do with what you’re talking about now.
Is it really that hard to accept?

There are 2 selfs.
The self that is observed and the self that observes the self.

> good consciousness

It’s good conscience, you fucking posure. Don’t worry, you’ll get it eventually.

go on i'm interested to hear about this soul-particle theory

That pile of crap you tried to write is is just you claiming the body is separate from the mind.

multiple people in itt have explained to you why that's simply horse shit

since you ignored the actual facts and science behind it then we have to assume you don't actually want to have a real conversation about the subject and your just another ignorant child looking for attention.

Why does this anger you?
Why are you so afraid of the truth?