>story can be told in 60 seconds, movie needs 136 minutes
>feelgood movie for fucks with low expectations
>soybois love it
>movie is basically propaganda to obey authority
>depicts mental retardation as a good thing
>gumps retardation feels like an excuse for stupid and uninspired dialogues
>"muh look at me, i'm tom hanks i'm a genius and morally superior to everyone"
i fucking hate this movie

Attached: 1534280067106.jpg (700x734, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_BwsKjX0X1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=uzwOXl7Qaww
youtube.com/watch?v=xq-M4JA3fIU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But he never went full retard

gump didn't but tom hanks did. This pathetic excuse for a movie is proof enough that he's just a narcisstic fucker who thinks he's jesus himself

any robin williams movie
>every protagonist is a good guy in a bad world
>protagonists are so good it's cringeworthy
>"muh look at this lovely clown, he's such a good person"
>repeats his jokes over and over again
>robin williams is just a clown and even the clowns in circus are more funny than him
>robin williams was most likely a pedo

> Watchmen
> Liberals win
> Rorshack, the most redpilled, conservative, and badass hero killed for literally no reason other than fill the liberal propaganda
> Blue Man good, (blue = Democrat)
> Boring

Oh you guys are so cynical. If you don't like it don't watch it

Fuck off nigger

i agree that movie was horrible. not even because of it's message, the characters have no real characteristics, storytelling is a mess and yes, it's boring af

>enter a hate thread
>"Why are you guys hating on things?"

lmao

I enjoy watching pulp fiction as much as the next guy, but don't kid yourself into thinking it's a really good movie. It's Pulp, thats what it is supposed to be, that's what it delivers. There is basically zero plot to the entire movie, nothing is resolved in the end. It's an action movie and that's it -- its more in the league of Die Hard.

fucking tarantino faggots. Why dont u go jackoff to Uma Thurman's feet, loser.

i hate them because they got attention they don't deserve. these movies just suck.

I'm sorry but are you fucking retarded or did we not watch the same movie

Pulp fiction is also trash

Fair enough

>different people have different opinions
>muh autism

>Why dont u go jackoff to Uma Thurman's feet
that's actually a good idea, she was hot af

Attached: uma_thurman_pulp_fiction_iogtviy-sized_2.jpg (650x364, 45K)

All comic book movies are shit.

Raiders of the lost ark
>good looking white guy
>vs nazis
gee wonder what the fucking outcome is gonna be. Could have predicted it as soon as the sides were announced.
Also goodfellas
>literally no plot
>just a compilation of mafia related activities
>tommy is one of the most unlikeable characters in movie history
>Henry is a fucking yes man NPC with no personality

why don't you tell us what's so good about these movies?

I never understood why she is supposed to be hot

yeah maybe it's trash but the movie doesn't want to be taken serious. it basically says trash in the title and the characters are hilarious but that's just my opinion.

I thought Pulo Fiction was good because of the chemistry between Sam and John. Haven't even seen the others lel

So this is what happens when a 12 year old Trump supporter watches a movie

Goodfellas is fucking amazing. The movie is based on a guys life story.

she's got that bad girl look.

>Sam and John
You sound like a faggot

same i like the character interaction a lot

You did literally nothing to refute any of my points, and you cant because you know it's true
Also idgaf if it was based off a true story, they should have picked more interesting/likable people

agree about Raiders.

Usually people are like, "the first 3 indiana jones were good, but the 4th was just unbelievable"

Then I remind them about how its literally GOD who intervenes and kills the nazis in the end.

Inexplicably the US gov approaches indy to go stop hitler from getting artifacts n shieet. The subtext of the whole movie is that the Jewish god is the true god, that the arc of the covenant is real etc. And its whatever.

>Raiders of the lost ark
agree
>goodfellas
don't agree. While it's definetly not my favourite movie it is a great mafia epic with good storytelling and even some humour without being clownish

Hmmmm...whoo think was him..?!

Attached: csnjp2ecxs55ahh94228339785900.jpg (1516x1156, 92K)

yep situational comedy is genius in this movie, most other tarantino movies are mediocre at best imo

yep but he's right

Tommy is one of the most likeable characters in movie history. "You aint allright Spider" Scorcese has some great movies

and don't forget the sound track

>Dislikes goodfellas for not having interesting or likeable characters
>Criticizes raiders for having Nazi badguys

Do you enjoy the taste of leather jackboots in your mouth, user?

Yeah I mean I dont really care about that other stuff tbh.
But when you have a disney where nazis are the villains, you know whos gonna win and whos gonna lose
Theres no stakes in any of the fight scenes bc you know Indy is gonna win. It's pointless

>The Fisher King

a good character doesn't has to be likeable. Jordan Belford for example, he's a fucking dickhead in the movie like he was in reality but he's still a great character

The dude's entire personality was literally killed everyone for no good reason. It's not "epic" or "cool", he just comes across as an oversensitive baby. A GOOD mafia character should be calm and collected and only uses violence to make a statement, like Michael Corleone.

Isnt Indiana Jones just kids movies?

and naw man, goodfellas is a great movie. It's has so many real life lessons. Lessons about
1: controlling your emotions (Joe Pesci gets killed because he loses his temper)
2: Not being a fucking moron and flashing your cash (how de niro has to bump everyone off after the Lufthanza heist)
3: Women fucking love toughguys (henry's wife has a hardon when he asks her to hide the gun)
4: The importance of never ratting on your friends/family. (the end of the movie proves this, since Henry regrets it all since when he was a goodfella he had it all but now he's a schmuck)
5: How your life can be ruined by drug abuse (pauli said never deal the drugs, he eventually becomes a cokehead and fucks things up)
6: Never trust a cokewhore (his GF doesnt cleanup any of the paraphernalia
7: Never break people's balls over money who will literally kill you (mary kay woman's husband)

and many, many more. All the while these lessons are presented with pretty steady action and drama, some sexy ladies, and a fucking excellent soundtrack. (like when they play Clapton's Layla as they are discovering all the bodies.

Great film. Definitely up there for the best ever.

A Quiet Place
>7,6/10 IMDb, 95%Rotten Tomatoes, 4.6/5Facebook, 89% liked this film
It was the most boring, plot-holy, unnecessary drama-filled piece of shit with fucking ass-backwards retarded characters I ever wasted time on. The only thing that made it bearable was watching it with friends & yelling at the tv.

shit movie, all points are valid for this too

Im literally jewish dude. I didint like nazis as the choice of the villain bc it was generic and predictable, not bc I love nazis

austin power or what ever this shit is called
>trys way to hard to be funny
>many jokes fall completely flat
>generally annoying
but i will admit there are some funny ones in there but it was so annoying the entire thin stopped watching it half way threw

nope that's a clichee

>ignoring part that it portrays american history from 1960-beyond in a funny way
>looking at the tard isn't funny
the moral of the story is "look how much shit happened" not "look at this tard that defied all odds. Tom hanks is retarded to make the movie entertaining and less pretentious. watch a tard in the vietnam war and participate in every important event in american history, its great. you are a fucking idiot

agree austin power movies are clown comedies for no-brainers

Honestly I found jordan to be much more likable, except the scene where he fired the guy for cleaning his goldfish bowl.
I agree with your point, but Tommy was objectively a manchild which made him both a bad person and unlikable

I’m not that user but are you Jewish by choice?

Black Panther. Racially charged /pol/ bullshit aside it was just a very underwhelming and poorly acted movie with no tension or stakes or sense of danger that feels real. Everything seems like inconsequential fluff like almost every other super hero movie made in the last 20 years.

austin powers films are for sexually repressed teens. I thought this was common knowledge.

your argument
>MUH AMRICA

It was kinda dumb, but it looked and sounded cool

i think an eight hour documentary about american history is more entertaining and less circle jerk

Look up the real characters that Deniro and Pesci are playing. They actually toned them down and made them more likeable for the movie

No, just born into it. I dont practice it bc religion in general does not interest me.
I just brought it up to prove that im not a nazi sympathizer, thats all

Bohemian rhapsody
and I haven't even seen it.

Attached: wheeew lad.gif (300x182, 1.23M)

still annoying, still stupid jokes, still low production value, still shitty movies. It doesn't matter for which group it was made for.

the motivation on why i wanted to watch the movie was that some influencer referenced it and claimed it to be funny. but it was such a shit experience. but yeah guess i know more about now

DeNiro was the best actor in the whole movie. But he's the best actor in any mafia related movie.

>I dont practice it
shame you'll never get that foreskin back tho :(

Final Cut
Identity
World's Greatest Dad

This is a good point, but I really dont watch movies for the morals. Plus most of these are basic morals that were taught since a very young age

Queen is overrated too. Freddy Mercury was good but not as good as people think he was.

Dick cheese? Gotta go...

i remember when Austin powers came out. I was like 7. I got a raging boner the first time I watched it. Alotta Fagina was super hot. So was mrs. Kensington.

WHO DOES NUMBER 2 WORK FOR?

lmao.

>No
Then you’ve got nothing to be worried about.

Wow, you autistic retards have some of the worst taste in movies.

Its all personal preference obviously, but your reasonings are so shallow and retarded.

In which case I'll rescind my comment. Just sick to death of stormfags, man.

>is
are overrated*
maybe so but their greatest hits shits all over bowie,prince et al

>soap doesn't exist.

Attached: anon ffs.gif (244x200, 937K)

i probably can't understand that. My older cousin gave me his playboy magazine collection when i was young

can you at least address a post so WE know what your are talking about you autistic faggot

TOO MANY GRUGS LIKE ROCK
THIS MEAN ROCK AM BAD

Attached: 3b6.jpg (353x400, 20K)

>I like having the best psrt of my dick cut from me as a child

>reasonings
>I think this is reddit

There was an potentially interesting idea, that could've been a fun short story.
But it made no sense at all in the movie.
>must use cloth monopoly pieces or the monsters will hear you, but they can't hear a heartbeat or heavy breathing 20cm away because there is some water running
>must be super quiet, but they let the fucking 3 year old walk at the end of the row instead of in front
>they sink in corn, even though the silo is closed, but the monster doesn't
>monster effortlessly rips through the metal silo, but can't get into a car
>the army couldn't deal with them, but a mom with a shotgun can
>why not live near the water if it's so safe
>why not have speakers all over to distract them instead of single use fireworks
>monsters turbo-sensitive to sound, nobody thought of using sound as a weapon
>there was no reason at all for the dad to sacrifice himself
Etc.

"Whats that, somethings popular? Heh, tough luck kiddo, now no one can ever criticize it"
Go kill yourself, fucking retard

>to many logical plotholes
it just falls flat

ROCK BAD
GRUGS LIKE ROCK
GRUGS SMART LIKE ROCK

Inglourious Basterds

Good action, very cool costumes and stuff, and the "jew hunter" actor does a splendid job, but its just the next tarantino film of the same, worn out rag.

Think about it.

Jackie Brown -- Stronk woman defies the odds and wins, despite all these people holding her down.

Kill Bill -- Stronk woman defies the odds and somehow murders the father of her child because muhh female revenge.

Inglourious Basterds:
Jews get revenge on Nazis

Django Unchained:
Blacks get revenge on slaveowners

>Who you should never invite to your party, the thread

I really dont like any of the star wars movies. Empire is OK. They are all just so so. Most over rated movie franchise in history

just for some good autism concerning the military on how they could have killed all the monsters
if for an example there skin/armor is impenetrable but there insides are vulnerable why dint they just fire hesh rounds at them they are design to damage internally and could have killed all of the very easily

>Jews get revenge on Nazis
strange thing about that movie is that tarantino didn't even used the jew death squad in the plot that. The story derailed to a simple heist movie at some point. But christoph waltz did an excellent job playing a stereotypical nazi general.

Here's one

>some bum sneaks onto a boat
>tries to get it in with some rich ho
>boat sinks
>some romance shit to do with a door
>Celine Dion

As a non-American I really appreciated to learn about your country's history while watching a movie, though.

>muh look at me i like anything that the mainstream likes. I'm a normal human being without any own thoughts and that's why i'm entitled to pussy.
Don't even want to be at the same "parties" you're invited to.

lol

yeah titanic was terrible. Its 3 hours long just so u can see that steamy sex scene. I saw it in theaters with my family and the only thing i really remember was thinking "oh shit the poor got fucked" when they close down the lower decks and they are all like begging PLEASE let us to the upper decks and they're like naw.

The movie is probably somewhat responsible for the deep seated classism taking form in US politics.

Just some flashbangs would've been enough, the high pitched noise that kid made with her hearing aid was enough to make it drop the armor.

Also
WHY THE FUCK DID YOU MAKE A BABY IN A DOOMED WORLD
A LIVING LOUD NOISE GENERATOR IN A WORLD WHERE YOU NEED TO BE QUIET TO SURVIVE

donnie darko.
napoleon dynamite
every adam sandler movie

>It's Pulp, thats what it is supposed to be, that's what it delivers.
And that's what I like about the movie which does make it to a good movie for me. Are you retarded or something?

yeah its all pretty dumb

They really are shit plotlines but I'm still a fanboy because I lived the space wizard shit as a kid and nostalgia. Rewatching them as an adult is always disappointing and ever since Disney took over I don't really bother.

>muh look at me im a special snowflake with a superiority complex who is so much higher up that your average individual when in reality I'm lower IQ and an insufferable prick who no one wants to be around

No one would want you at the parties. Plus you're wrong as shit, I prefer foreign horror films, dramas, and thrillers. I'm not a big hollywood buff but I'm also not so self absorbed that I can't "relate to the common folk" as you might put it. Fag.

Yeah, that's its biggest selling point I think.
Its an ode to Americana and its "highest" points. Hell, the soundtrack is almost as big as the movie itself. You can't seperate CCRs "Fortunate Son" from war imagery just because of that movie.

>every adam sandler movie
I hate his face so fucking much.

titanic. was about to write about that.
>ship goes
>muh murica
>gottagofast.mp4
>wroom wroom
>rich chick gets fucked
>ship vs iceberg
>ship rolls natural 1
>ship sinks, everyone dies
>rich chick throws unbelievable valuable gem in ocean
>wtf.exe
>bcs fuck it i'm rich
>fin

I've got to watch the movie again. Thanks for reminding me of the good scenes!

I think I remember Cameron saying he only did the movie so he could lead a dive to the wrecked ship. But yeah its overrated.

>horror films
basically the trashiest, most superficial genre of them all. congrats, you outed yourself as a retard.

Attached: 1543683773938.jpg (704x528, 47K)

and then in the Oops I did it again music video, Britney spears boyfriend goes down to the bottom of the ocean to get that diamond.

not over rated
not really over rated
never happened in a film
nope not really at all bullshit it is a better put together film
great characters rather timeless
it's a black comedy it kind of doesn't
no that is not the moral not every story has a moral
no the story can not be told in 60 seconds that is asinine
it's not a feel good it's a black comedy
there really is no such thing as a soyboi
no the movie is a black comedy based on a book that is quite funny with a not too bad sequel
no it doesn't not at all
nope again it doesn't
yeah never happens
you are fucking moron who honestly does not have a fucking clue how to actually enjoy a good movie

Also because... you know, it's a song about the Vietnam War.

Fucking smooth brain.

Basically any Marvel/DC or Harry Potter movie. It's all I hear when I ask people for movie recommendations. They're all shit and overrated, no question.

No shit, but we're talking about movies you fucking nigger.
The actual imagery of war is attached to that song- VISUALLY.

I liked it when Seinfeld said ehh. Basically the old lady was a whore

>You can't seperate CCRs "Fortunate Son" from war imagery just because of that movie.
True! Whenever I hear it I automatically think of helicopters and the Vietnam War. But as a big fan of the Doors I'm pretty happy that their music was featured like five times in the movie.

yeah lol

Still though, its pretty sweet them flying into Nam with the helicopters with the first chords in Fortunate Sun playing. And then they arrive on this huge party on the beach.

We always wanted a log ride, but we never got one

>no the story can not be told in 60 seconds that is asinine

>be retard
>have childhood gf
>turns out she's a massive whore
>go to nam
>fren dies
>found company
>get rich against all odds
>whore gf comes back
>whore gf is pregnant but aids
>dies
>be me still retarded but now with an aids child that's prob not mine
>fuck it all i'm retarded
>fin

You need to ask adults for recomendations

yeah but what about Lieutenant Dan?

Evil Dead 1 and 2 are amazing though.

Forest Gump is dumb and you cant help but hate that diseased whore. The book is even dumber. The retard goes to space

Local retard is surprised a song about war is associated with war imagery.

just a stereotypical nam veteran character. Nothing special about him

youre probably the type of fag who diddles his prostate everytime he hears the word "Godfather"

>Any movie made by a YouTuber
>Do I even have to explain why?

The best part of the whole movie is when he falls out if the chair and the whores laugh at him. I saw it in the theatre and laughed my ass off. I was the only one

>hate that diseased whore
i think that character was written to be hated. That's what i mean with black/white moral. Gump is nonplusultra good while whore is nonplusultra bad

>Comparing Forrest Gump to The Godfather
>imagine being that retarded
The godfather is overrated too but it's actually a good movie that's a bit overrated while Forrest Gump is a trash movie that's overrated af

Attached: 1543683549296.jpg (533x388, 30K)

When I was a kid all the Nightmare on Elm streets came out. I never understood why it was scary. I thought they sucked

That duckspeak though

hey oldfag

this. Horror is the worst genre. 99% of the movies are pure garbage

I know. Born in 78

nonplusultra is a valid word in my native language. Idn't know it's considered duckspeak

what of him he is a veteran who lost his legs
who come to terms with his life through forest and is left in charge of the shrimp company

1 summer when I was a kid I decided to watch a bunch of horror movies. Hellraiser, Friday the 13th all of the shit I could get my hands on
The only good one was the Excorcist

Lieutenant Dan, Ice Cream!

i'm trying really hard to remember a horror movie that was actually good but i obviously never saw a horror movie that i would consider a good movie.

Excorcist is well done. Its the only one that ever scared me. Saw it the first time when I was 5. Fucked me up when I was little

marvel movies.
>ridicoulus heroes
>evil characters are evil for the sake of being evil
>SJW bullshit
>franchise is jewed af
>fans will buy everything jews sell to them

no h8 but i didn't enjoy that one. Alien was pretty good imo but just because i'm into retro scifi. Story was horrible

Love Alien. It came out the same time or even earlier than Star Wars and I think the effects and everything else is superior

That's why he played a toy cowboy in a Disney film, because he thinks he's amazing right? You are the soy boy

Not him, but Hanks has an heir of superiority. Ever since he flailed around like a retard he thinks he is americas moral compass. Fuck him. Im old enough to remember when he dressed like a chick in that shitty tv show

>"Played"
Why wouldn't he? he's a pretentious dickhead and synced an animated character like all the cash hungry Hollywood fucks do for easy money. Your reasoning is bad.

This is your brain on autism

Saw 1 was pretty good.

Also you might be able to classify The Thing as a horror movie.

Thank you!

you ever seen IT? the old one not the pedobait remake

The Thing is definitely horror. Love that movie. I like to watch it when there is a snowstorm outside.
Having said that the film is old enough that the effects suck

Sorry I'm not trying to be a hater rn but what bothers me about saw is that it's focused on cruel torture devices but stuff like this doesn't really get my attention. Played some good horror games though for example dead space 1

Nope prob gonna check that one out

>moral of the story is "be good and everything will be fine" which is bullshit

The woman who Forrest loved was molested, turned into a trainwreck, then died, leaving him a single father. Everything did not turn out "fine".

Dont get your hopes up. It was a made for tv miniseries

The Shining is top level and horror

you sound like you pieced together a bunch of hostile, empty bullshit from your older brother and his friends, all freshman at the local college.

Daisys Destruction. Ive seen it 46 times and I still dont get it

Eh. Kubrick did better stuff

Thats a pretty impressive peice. Do you know the entire interior of the hotel are sets?

>this

Movie was entertained and shit but didn't say nothing about the real life about Freddie, they changed a lot the real story there wasn't any high gay sexual impact scene, etc, etc.basically the movie is a rise up for Queen music and nothing else. Last 20 mins or 30 are the recreation of a concert that contributes anything to what really matters even the scenes with the people watching the event in pubs were unnecessary argh I'm so fucking mad that Rami even won an Oscar which also find those awards a completely bullshit ...

I don't get it, she got aids while or after fucks Forrest?

Yeah like the "landing" on moon, he was a really good redpilled guy.

Insomnia

>forest gump
>overrated
I hope this is bait you absolut nigger

Watchmen the comic and the movie is pretty heavily anti-conservative.

Nixon becomes a dictator and most of what you see of the state America is in is a hyper-authoritarian caricature of conservatives' politics (gays are in concentration camps, everyone's an ignorant warhawk with no grasp on how to do anything, Ozy is basically the only person with any wealth or influence that's anything but a cartoony moron)

Worlds greatest dad. Directed by bobcat.

Do you want a hug?

Temple of Doom is the best Indiana Jones movie by far. Best gross out scenes, children get whipped and murdered, racist as hell, wall to wall action, best villain, hearts ripped out, lava, girl actually has tits, shirtless Harrison Ford, and don't forget the Short Round shota.

The worst part about that movie is it wasn't remotely scary. Same with Annihilation.

Mom? Is that you?
Who the fuck thinks a tardo mumbling through american history is a good movie?

These movies seem like bullshit SJW tropes until you realize the "good guys" in them are scumbags an the bad guys are more interesting and human.

That's a really fucking high bar though.

forrest gump is gay and based
pulp fiction is pretty good but i dont know if its acadamy award worthy

Which I think is the entire point of his films. Subverting the trope of an interesting protagonist, and making it their job to be badass, while making the villains seem much more human and fleshed out.

everything star wars.
>bad acting
>bad story
>bad characters
>bad fighting
>bad movies

“OMG BUT ITS STAR WARS”
kys

Side thought. I dont understand what "based" means these days. I remember that shitty rapper, but how are you guys using it now?

All movies suck and y'all fags for liking them

Kek, this niggers probably the type that listens to death metal and counts the hairs daily on his neckbeard

Ugly?

Too lazy to read all of these but current Marvel movies are fucking awful and Thor: Ragnarok is the biggest piece of shit.
>Hurr hurr stupid statements
>Facing your ex co-worker in a life or death situation for the entertainment of alien creatures you dont know
>You know that hulk is essentially the god of the stadium with how much it's hyped up
>"Hurr hurr hey man hows it going haha look guys my ex co-worker "
Marvel movies have so much stupid banter that the writing ruins any action.
Soyboy marvel cucks eat that shit up and laugh like retards

The mastermind of the movie is the monkey. The Nazis don't start losing until the monkey dies.

Winter Soldier was decent, it had the least bullshit superpowers and magic the other movies had.

Are you saying that Spielberg cast Hitler as a spider monkey?

Ok Yeah Winter Soldier was a diamond in that rough of bullshit

Its the nostalgia of the originals. Birdman made fun of this wonderfully- "Give the people what they want. Some good old fashioned apocalyptic porn. Birdman: The Phoenix Rises. Pimple-faced gamers creaming in their pants. A billion worldwide, guaranteed."
If you think Marvel and DC are doing good, can you imagine how big the Pokemon movie(s- because I bet they'll make plenty more, and for other video games) will be? Pokemon is the highest grossing franchise- so you can bet they'll wantto milk that as dry as this regurgitated comic book shit.

I liked the scene where he stops running and tells everyone to go home

Guess I'll be the one to call these two out...

>A Clockwork Orange
>2001 A Space Odyssey

I liked the part where Forrest and his baby have AIDS.

Bird Box
I didnt really hate it at first and thought it was average but the more i thought of it the more i fucking hated it

Is that part a metaphor for people mindlessly following people like Jesus mindlessly?

I watched forest gump as a kid when my parents where still together so I kind of like it for that reason, but other than that it's just a mediocre film with some nice moments.

Robert Zemeckis is kind of a terrible director. His movies are plastic approximations of a good film.

how rarted do these people have to be to not notice partisan propaganda in comics

Attached: 1474997951210.png (368x657, 257K)

Mk i know Hereditary is new but even the most fucking cynical people i know are like OH EM GEE SO SCARY!!!

>Gore in the first 10 mins for shock value
>If the little brat lived the movie wouldve been 200% worse so good riddance i guess
>movie attempts to portray mother's confusion, is just confusing
>why is there a cult?
>mother obvi fucking nuts
>thats why things string together in the way they do i guess
>why did the son not kill himself when he had the chance?
>end of movie is just more gore for shock points
>husband on fire
>mother gets garatted
>crawling body a la Dead Space
>final scene looks like r/surrealmemes fucked a 1800s painting of witches dancing in the forest

The gore was fucking rad ngl but the movie wasn't scary. It tried its best to be confusing in a spooky way and failed. Fuck that movie.

>In Bruges
>soyboy autistic cuck redditors love it
>Insanely cheesy cgi of obese man falling to his death
>probably the worst use of colin farrell in a movie ever done
>director of movie is desperately trying to be QT
>makes fun of midgets and is funny, but then keeps doing it and kills the joke like an autistic 1st grader saying the same joke over and over
>terrible cinematography
>overall terrible direction
>laughable edgy script equivalent of the writings of a community college English major student or professor
>terrible editing
>someone gets called an inanimate object and that's supposed to be creative and funny

The movie is absolutely trash and so is everything in the directors span of work.

The closest he came to something decent was 3 billboards and even that tried way too hard

Attached: 1516149617003.jpg (1080x1080, 461K)

That's why "Filmographers" like them. They can be entertaining but they're not masterpieces.

Movie wasn't supposed to be scary, it was just unsettling and throws curveballs at you constantly. It also has masterful cinematography and direction. It's not a masterpiece, but it's a good movie at the least.

just checking

youtu.be/_BwsKjX0X1Y

When I was in jail this movie was on constant repeat on the barracks TV set. I fucking hated it so much. Buncha niggers watching it for the 7th time still acting surprised at the jump scares. I would literally use my anger to jerk off in my 2nd story bunk bed at night

i hate him, but world's greatest dad was good

Loved it the first time, liked it the second. Reminded me of Rosemary's Baby and those 1970s devil worship movies like The Omen, real dreadful kind of shit. People didn't like the ending but "HAIL SATAN" is a perfectly good way to end a satanic cult movie.

>didn't say nothing about the real life about Freddie
Borat was originally going to play him, but then he got kicked off the project because he demanded a scene where he would do cocaine off a tray balanced on a midget's head at a party. Apparently that's some real shit Mercury used to do.

Attached: 6b4.jpg (640x902, 102K)

Wait, that was a parody? I saw the whole "Nixon's third term" thing and thought "Holy shit, this universe is the best universe ever!"

They took out the midget coke scene and it still won an Academy Award? The Oscars are a joke.

Fight Club. This movie fucking sucked and everyone thinks it's the best thing ever.

OOoooOOO, there's a twist at the end, I think I'm going to jizz in my hand!

youtube.com/watch?v=uzwOXl7Qaww

off the top of my head: run lola run, traffic, captain america, blair witch project, the begotten, paranormal activity, gravity, avatar, crash, no country for old men

i agree

same, only empire is worthwhile

agreed

kubrick was better than the shining: doctor strangelove, a clockwork orange, full metal jacket; even eyes wide shut was better and that one wasn't very good

it was

agreed on 2001, but the middle was great if you get rid of the beginning and end hal 9000 made the movie

I just like seeing Brat Pitt without a shirt UwU.

it was better than the book, ironically his best book was made into a really terrible movie, choke

youtube.com/watch?v=xq-M4JA3fIU

Cohen on Stern talking about why he didn't play Mercury.

I knew I was forgetting one! Fight Club for sure overrated

Kubrick and Peter Sellers was a magical combination with Dr. Strangelove and Lolita. Sellers would have been perfect as the protagonist in Eyes Wide Shut.

Titanic.

i didn't like lolita, it was better than reading through the book but i didn't care for either

never saw the jeremy irons version so i can't judge that, but considering i didn't like the source material i probably wouldn't enjoy it

it's a shame, i liked the afterword better than story, it made me feel bad because nabokov seemed like a cool guy and i wanted to like his book more

full metal jacket is my favorite kubrick movie, but i think strangelove was his best

>The Grifter
great flick but fuckin' haunting.

forest gump sucks, but pulp fiction is way worse.

My only issue with Strangelove is the comedy is overt. A Clockwork Orange and The Shining are hilarious if you tune into the subverted comedy in the films. Even 2001 has comic moments, like the zero gravity toilet scene or HAL playing the jilted lover.

i liked the overt comedy in strangelove, it went well with the subject matter same reason i liked full metal jacket (i'd love to read the book it was based on at some point, it's a shame it's out of print) malcolm mcdowell really made a clockwork orange what it was, moreso than kubrick i think that movie wouldn't have been the same without his presence

the shining was good because of nicholson, but it wasn't him at his best (one flew over the cuckoo's nest was a way better movie), but i'm bias against it because i dislike stephen king

>i liked the overt comedy in strangelove
You're right, Sellers, Slim Pickens and George C. Scott were funny as hell, as was Sterling Hayden. I need to watch that again.

Kubrick shit all over the novel. See the scene where scatman drives by a wadded up vw for the hell of it. Jack drove onw of those in the book.

It's literal dick and fart jokes. It's too much effort to hate and is never a divisive opinion to hold outside of second grade in 2003. I can't imagine how bland the person behind actually passionately hating a spoof movie has to be. So many things in this life worth giving a damn about, and you choose this. Let me guess. You were that second grader in 2003 who said he hated Austin Powers, solely because the entire class was quoting it and you hadn't seen it so you felt left out. Now, after the negative childhood memories, you have to hate it or you would be betraying your past self.

Birdbox on Netflix

>Old immoral white guy is racist and dislikes outsiders hurr durr
>Old white guy says "we will make the end of the world great again!" in the movie
>Sandra bullock has to have a love interest with a black guy because every movie and tv show now has to push race mixing because PC culture
>Everyone's character is boring as fuck everyone is the perfect person because you can't make a black or asian guy have any flaws because that would be racist

>all over the news (nbc, cnn, npr etc) "OMG BIRDBOX IS AMAZING ITS A PHENOMENON

Birdbox was boring and nothing but liberal propaganda.

Kubrick switched the colors of the 70s VW Bug Jack drove from the book to the movie, and wrecked the book VW. Stephen King eventually came around and praised the movie.

>Queen is a band
>The band is overrated
>Queen is overrated
At least don't be wrong when you're correcting someone.

>No one really wins, just narrowly avoid nuclear war
>you mean the mentally challenged murderous psychopath?
>Manhattan isn't really any morality, dude barely interfered with anything around him
>I'm sorry the fights weren't as flashy as Marvel's

I'll admit the graphic novel was better, but from the sounds of things I'd be surprised if you read it.

If you have read the book the bug never gets wrecked. Also in the book the hotel is the bad guy, not jack

This
Every single thing in that movie was meant to convince the audience that being a liberal/Democrat is the right way to be.

i read some of the novel, it was better that kubrick shit all over it

Read the whole thing. Im not a book or horror guy, but that is the best fiction thing Ive ever read

"They Live". Not a bad movie if you take its designed simplicity and its walk on the edge between A and B-movie standards into account, but people give it too much credit on exposing conspiracies and opening your eyes.

then you need to read more

stephen king is a terrible writer

clive barker has a much better writing style, i'm not into horror either, but i'll read anything if i can appreciate the style or it's interesting enough

I read the book the summer it was published. The Overlook has always been the "bad guy".

Attached: CE54CC6F-2063-4D61-BAE7-A58715370879.gif (680x499, 1.64M)

i liked it, it's campy and a wrestler is playing the lead

it's good the way total recall (original) and demolition man are good

I read alot. Just check it out. Its before s. King sucked

Since I saw it praised in this thread
>The Exorcist.
I was really getting into horror a few years ago. Like, one a day. Not because they're frightening. I just find practical effects to be charming. Poltergeist is great. Evil Dead, Return of the Living Dead, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, all great. All movies I saw before The Exorcist. I read stories of people running out of theaters screaming, puking in the isles, whatever, so I thought the only true way to watch it would be alone and in the middle of the knight with the lights off. And it ended with me thinking they missed a comedy tag. I mean, the scene where the little girl is stabbing a crucifix into her vag, screaming, "Let Jesus fuck you!" is gold. "Your mother sucks cocks in Hell." Gold. The movie is fun, and infinitely quotable, but not scary. Just neat.
Shut the fuck up you autistic mouth breather. No one who likes They Live does so because it exposes anything. They like it because it's got good quotes, is simple, but was just weird enough to keep its mainstream appeal down. Quick and action packed, it is the perfect flick if you just want to root for somebody to succeed.

Poe's Law in full effect on this post.

I'm not a huge fan of Forrest Gump, but there's no moral to the movie. It's all about how fucked up life is.

i read up to the part where the ghost chick is chasing danny around, got bored after that because it was just like "oh look more not so subtle pedo shit thanks stephen king"

his writing style just doesn't appeal to me

what else do you like? so i know whether or not to even trust you

as far as movies based on his stuff go i only thought stand by me was worthwhile, my mind was blown when i found out it was rated r and not a kids movie though

You get it.

Attached: carpenter-john-56fce6376a358.jpg (1000x1000, 307K)

I gotta disagree. They Live is good aimilaely to how 1984 is good. It's not telling you who to blame, but reminding you that things are not always as they seem. It reminds you that there are powers out there that would take advantage of you if you let them and that they come in all shapes and sizes. We live in a time when people just don't care enough about shit like that. So I think it's a solid movie and deserves the cred it gets. Plus it's the right amount of camp for the message they're trying to convey. Its kind of surreal because the way people look right past cultural conditioning is kinda surreal.

i thought the exorcist was really boring, could edit out more than half of it and not miss a thing

suspiria is another overrated horror movie

i like the original night of the living dead, but i'm partial to zombies

the night eats the world (pretty sure it was called that) has one of the most unique percussion music scenes i've ever seen in a movie in it, worth watching just for that + zombies

Night of the Living Dead is a masterpiece.

Pulp Fiction is overrated as fuck dude.
>Non-linear story that makes no sense
>goofy ass dialogue, half of which does nothing to forward the plot
>trying to portray Uma Thurman as sexy
>They literally tell you in the first seconds of the movie its gonna suck (the explanation of what "pulp" is)
>Tarintino's mandatory self aggrandizing roles and foot fetish
On the plus side, it has two of the most hilarious/racist lines ever
>Take your foot off the nigger
>Dead nigger storage

Cloud Atlas was worse.

Yeah I agree with this. Pulp fiction is way overrated.

Forrest Gump is too, to be honest. Still good but overrated.

Pretty much every live action Disney Channel movie. They’re all awful, and I was forced to grow up on them cause my sisters loved them and wouldn’t let me have the remote. I especially remember having to watch them in the evenings when I was in a psychiatric hospital as a teenager. especially hated that Zombie one. It did an awful job using Zombies as an anti-prejudice and fear message. There’s an animated short on YouTube which used the concept so much better.

Whatever you do, dont trust me. Shawshank is pretty good.
I like in the Shining towards the middle or so when he is at the party and hangs out with Grady

Along the same lines
>The Gate
I know it was a lot of people's favorite movie growing up. Those people are in their thirties now and remember it from their childhood, but I didn't see it until I was twenty. It had potential, but I hated how disgustingly neatly everything was wrapped up. I mean, the kids unleashed a horde of demons. But everything was resolved completely and no one was hurt. They even brought the fucking dog back to life at the end.
Haven't seen Suspiria, but I will second that Night of the Living Dead is great. But I saw it when I was eleven, and not again since, so I know I would appreciate it more now. I'll look into the night eats the world. I'll watch anything with zombies. I put up with eight seasons of the walking dead because it had zombies, but even the zombies couldn't keep me stuck to that shitshow.

Live action disney movie with zombies in it?

the original is, the remake was bullshit

pulp fiction made sense, and the dialogue was just meant to be character interaction which is what tarantino does

real people don't talk in a way where they're always pushing a point, they just make noise talk shit and banter usually

uma thurman is hideous but i'd fuck her in that movie, but in the same way gravity had me thinking i'd bang sandra bullock from behind

i cant comment on shawshank, i'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen it

>Also, the whole story of where Bruce Willis got the watch is at best a family guy style cutaway gag, with no punchline

No gore. Despite in the comic book exposition opening the main character states it was the goriest time. They’re just painted a grey-ish green. All have a name starting with Z. They all have watches to keep them from eating flesh. By the way it’s a musical and the songs are god awful. Look at the fucking trailer for a laugh at how predictable it will be.

15 minutes of a Christopher Walken monologue into the camera about sticking a watch up his ass was worth that.

suspiria has great scenery, but that's about it

ive rewatched night of the living dead a few times over, it's actually better than i remembered it being when i was a kid

watch rammbock berlin undead too, it's short but it's great

night eats the world is mostly silent, but the protagonist is a percussionist and so there's scenes where he's using household items and shit to make music

Im not paying to watch characters balance their budgets or just have a casual conversation about something completely tangential. i paid for a story. if i wanted character development and obtuse dialogue id watch an Aaron Sorkin show, and he atleast manages to keep the plot going while the characters explode words like a 4yo hyped up on candy.

It was vital to the story. He goes back for the watch and kills Vincent, which implies an unseen effect on Jules. Jules was questioning what he was doing with his life after miraculously avoiding a full clip. He decides to retire and find god(implied) because life's not qorth risking on a job like this. The scene about the watch sets up the counter-weight to this which is Vincentdying doing the exact job Jules just quit. It's almost comically ironic.

I’d bang Sandra Bullock from any angle.

you made it through way more of the walking dead than i did btw

thats all well and good, but i didnt need to know it was in some guys ass through 'Nam to know it was important to him. Literally 15 seconds of BW saying "it wur mah papas wotch, him done got it home tru da 'Nam war" is enough.

>I’d bang Sandra Bullock from any angle

So you're gay?

i like some tarantino pulp fiction included, but i could see why someone else wouldn't

i don't like her face

Growing up I called her Sandra Buttlock.

i oly thought she was attractive in Demolition Man and idk y.

That scene was funny as all fuck, m8. Walken's monologue is priceless. And again it was necessary to show the significance the watch had to Butch. He wouldnt have gone back if it was just any watch and it wouldnt make sense to the audience that he would if we didnt know all this shit about it.

watch gravity, it's terrible, but her ass got me through that movie

In the sense that I am a femanon, then yes.

Growing up buttlock is what I called it when you sat in one position too long and your butt fell asleep.

Forrest gump is great

do you usually like women? she seems like the kind of ugly a straight woman would find attractive

You never go full retard.

Attached: Screenshot_146.png (466x466, 479K)

I just found her really hot in Demolition Man.

Robin Williams wasnt linked to pedophilia from anything except an insane person with a crazy conspiracy theory

yeah that's what i mean, only someone who doesn't normally like women would like her

demolition man was great though

I think we all agree that movie was shit regardless

Nah it was pretty good

Oh so you just like slightly ugly, weird looking people

I normally do find bothe sexes attractive though, may type is ugly women I guess.

I guess, my first female crush was a chubby Mexican girl with acne.

Fuckin busted his shit

i'm bi too, what other chicks do you like?

Petit girls, any one you could describe as small.

got any instagram hos you follow?

You clearly haven't even seen the movie you fucking retard, it's not in black and white

kek

or maybe the whole point is that people who obey authority like "be good boi be good" are FUCKING RETARDED and the smartest person in the whole damn movie is the fake ass bimbo who realized she'd never be a rock star or marry a rich man so she settled with a sure thing: the incel she met in high school who is now a disabled veteran with half the use of his brain.

that said, it's totally ok to hate this movie, it's stupid as fuck.

lol.

Attached: 1543450049008.png (350x420, 91K)

Inception was shit. Just a bunch of "confusing" dream mechanics w/ nice sfx. Main character is sadboy that couldnt accept the now of his life

Its also based on a Donald the fucking Duck comic. They straight lifted like 70% of their story and dream mechanics from a kids comic

He's not incel. Dude wasnt looking to fuq once in the whole movie

All the Indiana Jones are anti Reich propaganda. Ford should be executed for his betrayal of the white race

This.

Fucking all day this.

Bahahahaha we are not alone. The majority of the world is this. Knew it 5min in the vaguely interesting goth looking chick dies and we're left with some boring ass narrator and the rest of the boring characters, oh which aren't supposed to be boring because one of them happens to be a black stereotype.

Fuck off Tarantino. If Weinstein can fall, you better make sure you don't piss off the wrong people because you are def about as talented as Jennifer Lawrence. Ha.

Attached: 1547699351487.jpg (651x711, 116K)

i didnt find it confusing, its better if you watch it high

jennifer lawrence doesnt need talent, havent you seen her nudes?

It was a cooler movie than Forrest Gump, but not a better movie.

Attached: 1176.gif (260x152, 1.98M)

Attached: vcpPZ_d.jpg (640x785, 59K)

How dare you speak ill of happy Gilmore