So what does fooly cooly actually mean?

So what does fooly cooly actually mean?

Attached: 41vNXyEIrML._SX425_.jpg (425x319, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fooly Cooly
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it means "shitty anime"

Take that back

Attached: hvqyl6un7rux.png (401x522, 222K)

/bread

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fooly Cooly

you misspelled "fandom". just like with everything.

>comes to anime forum
>hates anime

Attached: autismo.gif (256x144, 352K)

i dont hate anime, i just dont like flcl

It means you're a moron for being stupid and foolish enough to ask what fooly cooly means.

>/thread

Why don't you like it user?

fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly fooly cooly

Attached: 1550796340265.png (960x960, 1.21M)

>Being this news
>Doesn't know it's /thread not /bread

Yeah you do smell like a brand new Red-dit mobile!

You don't know what it means either. (I do but I'm not telling you so fuck you!)

Guitar
One major reoccurring symbol within FLCL is guitars. When looking at a guitar on a surface level (its literal meaning) it can represent a musical instrument. However, a guitar on a deeper level (its symbolic meaning) can represent youth and rebellion and can also represent strong emotions and desires. Therefore, the viewer can state the assertion that one who possess a guitar is still holding on to or doesn’t want to let go of their youth. Put two and two together and the guitar is a symbol of youth and the strong emotions and desires that come with it. If applied to FLCL, the viewer can see that due to Haruko’s possession of a guitar, she is still holding on to her childish ways of thinking, pursuing Atomsk regardless of her failing each time, and her strong emotions and desires towards Atomsk continue to make her chase after him. Haruko never moves on which further proves she still hasn’t grown up yet.

The Writer’s Message: I don’t believe the writer is trying to tell us to give up on our dreams after failing as you should never just give up on your dreams after failing a couple of times. However, I do believe the writer is telling us that there is always a point or something that signals when an individual should move on. In Haruko’s case, that signal is when Atomsk hugs her and leaves. When put into words, Atomsk is trying to say that he is sorry for not loving Haruko the same way she loves him and that if she truly loves him she will set him free. This is the reason why Jinyu appears after he leaves because Jinyu wanted to protect Atomsk’s freedom and saw that the only way of obtaining Atomsk’s love was by setting him free.

Bird (Atomsk)
A bird, in a literal sense, can represent an animal with feathers, wings, and a beak. In a symbolic sense, a bird can represent freedom since a bird is able to go anywhere it wants. When applied to FLCL, the viewer can make the assertion that if Atomsk were to stay with Haruko he would lose his freedom. In this situation, instead of doing whatever he wants, he would be forcing himself to love a person that he does not, thereby giving up his freedom.

The Writer’s Message: Nobody wants to be forced to love a person that they do not actually love. With that being said, everyone should be able to choose the person they want to love. However, if that person does not love you back you should not force them to love you. Haruko does not follow this mindset so the writer is trying to tell the viewer that they should not follow in Haruko’s footsteps.

The Cage (made from the rollercoaster)
A cage, in a literal sense, can represent a structure of bars or wires that is used to restrict the movement of something. In a symbolic sense, a cage is a representation of losing freedom. In terms of FLCL, the viewer can claim that the cage created by Haruko is a representation of Atomsk being forced to stay with Haruko and, as a result, loses his freedom.

Titles (Progressive and Alternative)
NOTE: I do not listen to rock so please correct me if I am wrong about the characteristics of progressive and alternative rock.

Progressive Rock
Progressive rock is a form of rock that uses complex composition and instrumentation that involves elements of blues and/or jazz.

Alternative Rock
Alternative rock is a form of rock that utilizes outrageous, heavy, and powerful sounds and lyrics.

Meaning of Titles
To be determined. I have listed some theories from other people as well as myself.

Theory #1 by Mrwright96
Hypothesis: Meaning of the titles could reflect the genre of the music, and the overall feel of the show.

The confusing and awkward reality of adolescence. It makes no sense for a reason

It's okay not to get it.

it's nonsensical for the sake of being nonsensical. i find that obnoxious

What did find nonsensical?

There's meaning behind the madness. Just read what user posted above

Well, of course, everything that requires a bit more effort than family guy is pretentious bullshit...

It doesn't mean anything. That's the point. The whole anime is about the absurdity of life and the transition from the mindset of a child where everything is supposed to make sense to becoming an adult and realizing nobody has any clue what they're doing.

Naota's confusion about the expression while everyone else seems to know what it means is another strong point in this case. Everyone's just acting like they know what Fooly Cooly is because that's what mature people do.

The real answer is that Fooly Cooly is whatever you want it to be. It's the meaning of life, it's sexual innuendo, it's just a stupid phrase; no matter what you decide, you're still right in some way.