/Phone thread

/Phone thread
>general discussions recommendations
>are chinese phones any good
>should we all get nokia 3330s?

Attached: apple_ipood.jpg (640x353, 50K)

Jailbroken idevice is the way to go. Better than android tbh. Also, dont buy chink phones.

what's the benefit of jailbreaking iPhone nowadays?

how does it work

does that mean you dont need appple store for apps and music

fuck apple is so closed

cant you drag and drop on jailbroekn idevice

and can you do it yourself or need some muslim phone hacker shop to do it?

Whats the drawbacks?

Anything you do on an android, you can do on a jailbroken idevice and more. Including completely forgoing the app store, itunes, and other weights apple tacks onto its tech to fuck over the users. You can totally redesign the U.I with Cydia as well. The only thing is waiting for your software update to be jailbroken, and that your warrant is void as long as your device is jailbroken. Which you can fix by just reverting your device back to factory settings.

so you have to buy an apple first
theyre too expensive to begin with

the android phones outclass them in screen and internal performance though

theyre overpriced to begin with

you mean get an older ipohne device and run it?

I mean right now you can just downgrade ur phone to 12.1.1 beta 3 I think it was and you can jailbreak even if u got newest software installed, but was wondering if I should, used iPhone for like 3 years now or so, didn't jailbreak, I don't really miss too many features from android in general

then earn money you fucking poor shit

1000$ for an overpriced nigger worship phone that android does for $400

no thanks

>poorfag
>reddit spacing
You have to go back.

All Iphones can be quick charged in the microwave
Most users do not know about this

Attached: ICharge.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

whats reddit?

It's called a paragrpah. It isn't spacing. It's a new paragraph. This is a space
You illigetimate cunt

>being this new
You have to go back

back where what the fuck are you talking about

and btw I googled reddit. It's a news sites wtf has that got to do with anything? I never heard of it before why would I go there for help?

>trying this hard
You have to go back.

ignore this autist

Back on track OP.

Any good phone recommendations?

Google Pixel 3?

iphone SE is objectively the best phone

I got an S9 for free on a $70 per month 2yr contract.

Good deal?

lol what a shitty thread.

....or you could just get a pixel

Google read everything

did someone say shitty?
we got all available turds right here!

Attached: 44535435367.jpg (600x646, 265K)

Heyy! nice Elon Musky...

Attached: bvys0l12umwmo34cj229196494100.jpg (1592x1191, 143K)

Asus makes great, affordable phones. Taiwan knows their shit.

Jolla JP 1, or any Sony Xperia w/ SailfishOS (called SailfishX then) - a Linux phone being evolved from Redhat Linux - Fedora Linux - Moblin - Meego Harmattan - Sailfish w/ Android support (use .apk without being or emulating Android). Bought 3 JP1 and always will, still more useful than colleagues' Samsungs 'n iPhones. Rooted by design (no jailbreaking needed, so still warranty and full lifetime updates). 50 Euros - why ever buy overpriced China trash? I'm not jelly towards anyone, got all I need (full Linux usability and tweakability, full multitasking, I run Metasploit/Wireshark/Iptables/any VPN service without problems). Wife bought S9 a week ago - I'm not impressed. Same with my brother's new iPhone

>Anything you do on an android, you can do on a jailbroken idevice and more.
i have two perhaps dumb questions.
1. if I jailbreak my iphone (I have 4S) I'll still be able to make/receive calls?
2. can I open local html files in the browser?

>1. if I jailbreak my iphone (I have 4S) I'll still be able to make/receive calls?

Of course. As long as you have a sim card. Jailbreaking your phone only modifies your calling / texting if you want it to.

>2. can I open local html files in the browser?
Yes. Look into iFile. You download it via cydia.