Reparations for slavery

Reparations for slavery.

Who should pay? The States? The families that owned slaves?

Who should receive the money? The oldest living relatives or everyone alive today?

Paid how? Money? A cotton t-shirt?

Thoughts?

Attached: 6a00e55107d144883401b7c7128517970b-400wi.png (400x300, 266K)

Any living former slaves would be paid by any living former slaveowners.

If you started with letting people go to the doctor when they're sick, not allow people to discriminate with regard to housing, employment, and public services on the basis of race, and promoted education in black neighborhoods, the reparations debate would evaporate along with the nigger problem. If you don't want to fix the problem, fuck off. This is dumb.

The people who owned em shouldn't pay a damn dime nor their descendants. Reparations should come from the origination from which they were sold. So Africa needs to pay them, for selling their ancestors as an apology.

what's in the pic?

the fed gov't should take care of all this

gov't should fully fund HBCU's and give free rides to top (amount undetermined) of students

no federal taxes on black people

land grants for black people

end drug war and completely rethink how "policing" in the usa works

among other things.

If they demand reparations for slavery, they should be paid with a one way trip to some shithole in africa, so they can see how good they actually had/have it here. I'm not saying slavery is wrong, Or that slave owners in this country did some mighty fucked up shit to their slaves. But they would likely have it far far worse in their motherland.

you must have not know american blacks. they will never stop asked for free.

method man (net worth $14M) raps about waiting for reparations.

Reasonable.
Better answer.

the fed government already paid with the lives of union soliders to free them.

because american blacks are the only people who ask for free shit

arabs.

Reparations are absurd. I've struggled to figure out my lineage further than 5 generations, it isn't feasible to accurately determine whose ancestors were and weren't slave owners and slaves, which if reparations were to be approached, should be the only individuals to pay and receive reparations. Plus, the descendants of slaves still have it better here, than they would have in their ancestral homeland.

Insert proverb about sins of our fathers and shut the fuck up about it

reparations for slavery are the rights bestowed upon the negro by the grace of the white man.
No one in this day and age can conceivably be held accountable for slavery in the days of yore.

Garth Brooks sang about living poor and scraping by. What's your point?

Attached: garth-brooks-lists-malibu-home.jpg (700x393, 316K)

I could get behind paying a lump-sum settlement to any living American citizens who could document being enslaved prior to a relevant date in 1867.
As for everybody else, WTF do you think Affirmative Action and all the associated drama is FOR?

and then immediately allowed all the effort and loss to be squandered during reconstruction and jim crow

he isn't asking for a handout.

so the democratic party should pay?

>people should have to pay for services rendered.
>already illegal.
>can't do it without the support of the community, which for the most part, doesn't give a fuck about education.

reparations shouldnt target specific slave or slave owner families, because the effects of slavery and jim crow far outstrip those who were immediately affected.

black africans, black carribeans, etc. still deal with the remnants of slavery and the continued presence of white supremacists whether their ancestors were slaves or not

LOL

If people who moved here with nothing and can make it in one to two generations....

So yea, absurd. Concept is I give away money for votes.

Now the real question if they want to get down and dirty. Blacks were not the only slaves in the US. The Irish were being sold to the US by the British. All Irish descendants as well? Should be, and more.

Yeah or you could make excuses. It doesn't help but it makes you feel good, right?

AA doesn't go far enough and it also is an umbrella that doesn't specifically target black people (any minority, or women, also benefit from it)

the police specifically target black people. so they get that added benefit.

Africa.

They're the ones who enslaved their ancestors in the first place.

Negated because Black people keep committing crimes at a high rate.

Okay, no excuses.
>people should have to pay for services rendered.
>already illegal.
>there is nothing preventing black people from attending public schools. they choose if they want to participate. play the game, or fuck off.
FFS is all the far left bullshit being pushed here in the last few years a concerted effort to stop "wrong think"?

The DNC was the slave party. They put it in the Constitution. They fought to preserve it in the Civil war. They founded the KKK. They passed Jim Crow laws on segregation. They filibustered the CRA (civil rights act) and the VRI (voting rights act). Sen Robert Byrd (D) was a decades long committee chairperson until his death. The man sho shot MLK Jr. was a Democrat.

The DNC, which has NEVER apologized for slavery, needs to fund reparations.

There are no surviving slaves so nobody deserves anything.

i would vote for you.

so if you were alive in the 1970s and saw that france was still demanding reparations from haiti for slave liberation, despite haiti literally being the poorest country in the western hemisphere, would you still hold your sentiment and call out france for their bullshit?

Ladies & Gentlemen we have found our future president. Whats your view on middle class america and the fact that we support 80% of welfare cases due to the fact we make most of the money that is taxed to pay for welfare

>The DNC, which has NEVER apologized for slavery, needs to fund reparations.
So you support reparations? Awesome.

I have an Irish slave in my family history, and Spaniards wiped out the majority of my South American ancestors, can I have reparations, toooooooooooooooo? Dur dur dur.

the blacks should have to pay for enslaving jewish people

wuz kangz

Pay a load of money to a group of people because some dead people did some bad things to some other dead people a long time ago.

Makes sense.

Nothing. No one alive today was a slave, no one alive today owned slaves. It happened hundreds of years ago. No one should get paid, or have to pay someone for something their ancestors went through, or put someone through, because they had no control over it.

Fed.

Give all black adults currently living in the united states that can trace their lineage to slavery a one time pay-out of $50,000-$75,000. By getting this money you absolve slave owners of any damage to you or your future kin (meaning none of your children will be able to make the same claim.)

$50,000 is a life changing amount of money if used properly. It could easily get you out of whatever social class you are in if invested wisely. This would "reset" the lives of those people so that they had just as much opportunity as anyone else.

Most will still fucking blow it, but at least then we could get this racism bullshit out of the way.

>Reparations for slavery.
>Who should pay?
Slave owners
>Who should receive the money?
Former slaves

Attached: 136548741256.gif (344x226, 46K)

Any person alive today who can trace their ancestry back to a slave that helped build the Egyptian pyramids should be given a pyramid by the Egyptian government.

If you believe otherwise then you are racist.

How about a one way ticket back to Africa. That sounds fair.

Best I could see is huge tax breaks or no taxes at all

Former slaves should get money from former owners
All dead now? Who cares

humans are niggers, no one owes anyone anything other than what advanced society fails to give the planet, which is a chance to thrive alongside it rather than constantly compete against it.

Funny thing is all the mutts would have to pay reparations to themselves as they have both slave owners and slaves in their lineage
>most black Americans are mutts and not real African negros

will the live performance of Africa by Toto suffice?

If niggers voted based on issues and not blindly democrat maybe they'd be in a better place. Their being "stuck" isn't my fault.
>step 1 get a job
>step 2 get a bank
>step 3 get a credit card with the bank because you can't afford a loan yet and we aren't relying on people to cosign
>step 4 pay for gas with it and/or buy a car if you don't already have one
>step 5 when you can succesfully apply for a loan, look for a job an hour in any direction (an hour is a safe distance close to what you know and not so far that moving is too difficult but move as far as you want you growing monkey)
>get the job because AFFIRMATIVE ACTION your skin is dark which makes you more important than someone that is smart enough to be succesful on their own
>step 6 get the modest loan typically 3k for a downpayment on an appartment, and to cover expenses of a uhaul to move to said appartment
No matter the origional income of the first job and no matter where you are you can still aim for a job that makes 13-15$ an hour for assembly work. Thats more than enough for annindividual to oay living expenses and pay off their loan. It just doesn't leave much room for fun, but what monkeys don't understand is fun will always be there later and you're setting up future generations for success. But they aren't forward thinking. Once that loan is paid off you go to a tech school for a trade and make 80k a year. Then you can have fun. The whole process maybe takes what, 3-4 years? At the end of the first year you're already in better standing tham you ever were.

let Jay-z redistribute some of his wealth.

No one responsible for slavery is alive today. Black slaves weren't kidnapped, they were sold by their own brothers so you've got no one to blame but yourselves

Give all blacks (proof of at least 25% heritage) $10,000. It should cost us about 600 billion dollars.

Here's the condition, abolish affirmative action, and whites are absolved for slavery for all eternity. No more blame game.

Make it 50%-75% slavery is recent enough that its achievable and you won't have a 10% brotha walking around like he has verified suffering now

That's fine. I don't give a shit the cost, give them their money on the condition the race card can no longer be played. Declare us all even.

Could you imagine how ass blasted they're going to be when they blow it all on crack and televisions and have nobody to blame

Any living slave owners or slaves in current day United States?

The people who personally owned slaves should pay and the recipients should be the former slaves themselves.
Assuming that you mean the western slave trade and since none of the people involved in that are alive, deciding what who pays to whom is a moot point.

, No pay all blacks.

On the condition that all whites are forgiven forever. They won't take the money. They need to blame whitey for all the problems until the end of time

KEK

It's true. Could you imagine if we offered reparations today on the condition that affirmative action be abolished, and that there would be no more welfare considerations based on race?

White liberals would shoot that shit down in a moment because it would kill their ability to blame wypipo whenever they need social capital.

But but but they switched.

how about reparations to men for chivalry, feudalism, serfdom, the crusades, the ottoman empire, the draft, the napoleonic wars, the civil war, WW1, WW2, vietnam, the middle east, income tax etc. etc. yes the 1% richest were men but 99% of men throughout history have been the poor and expendable masses dying for women and children and their politicians and nobles

Dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. Why the fuck would you pay today’s ignorant useless nigger bc their hard working ancestors went through hell? They don’t deserve a dime.

reparations for holodomor?

If you don't pay them, then there is no forgiveness. Blacks need to forgive white so we can all move on, and if crack money is what it takes, I think it is worth the cost

The group that should pay 90% of reparations is the same group who owned slave and who enacted Jim Crow who rebelled against the US to keep there slaves and that is the Democrat Party. They did more then any other instantiation to keep slaves and fight against their freedom so when the party of slavery the party of the KKK and the party who fought for Jim Crow pays 90% of any money then talk about getting it from somewhere else the Democrats are responsible. And before you claim that LBJ started cavil rights he signed the legislation that over 90% of republicans voted for and 90% of democrats voted against

So many spelling mistakes. You sound retarded.

Im white and I need reparations. My ancestors lost their slaves. They paid damn good money for them negroes and all of a sudden they had to turn them loose. Who is gonna pay me back for my ancestors lost slaves?

If I'm paying reparations for my part in slavery then I want a discount for mypart in abolishing it too

>who should pay
Two things.
1. No federal taxes of any kind on black people for a length of time equal to the total number of years slavery was legal in the USA
2. Every tax paying white person should pay into a fund that goes to every living black person, each year, for the same length of time, to make up for the catastrophic and still lingering effects slavery had.

That implies that only former slave families should get reparations and only former slaveowner families should pay, which is totally inadequate. The effects of slavery and Jim Crow are still powerfully felt to this day by any and all African Americans, and all white people here have benefitted from the economic effects of standing atop another group of their fellow human beings to get ahead. Every white person should pay, every black person should receive reparations. End of story.

All white people in the country. We all benefit from the same society that favors whites. If you're not actively protesting and/or funding advocacy groups, you owe.

While I think nothing should be done about this becuase its fucking stupid.
BUT
those are two unique economic solutions. I think one of those would be sufficiant if such a decision is needed. One would just have to consider which one would be more or less economically harmful or beneficial.

>every single black person
>50k
That would cost close to 2 trillion dollars, just fyi.

Yes. You can't just make random people pay for what others did before they were even born. Besides, nearly all races have been slaves. It isn't about your race, but your social status. Nobody is innocent when it comes to this, so nobody has any right pointing fingers.

Attached: 1520187411926.jpg (404x270, 32K)

How do you forgive something that wasn't done to you?
I mean it's not like I'm harboring any grudges about the Barbary slave trade enslaving people who looked similar to me.

Germanic people were enslaved by the Roman's. So I'll be needing some motherfucking pizza pies Luigj.

The white man is the loser in slavery. We are paying their reparations in the form of welfare. The blacks always cry slavery as an excusr for being completely worthless. If I was black I would thank the white man for all the handouts and my ancestors for their struggle

Fuck you. I pay my taxes. The blacks need to contribute to society instead of crime statistics

Fucking faggot moron, where do you think the Federal government gets all their funds?

Holy fuck, imagine living in this fantasy world.
It's like a self induced nightmare, pathetic.

And also make them all ineligible for any type of welfare payment for the remainder of their lives. No assistance of any type.

Fucking retarded. How many white people never even made it to this country before slavery was abolished? My family came in the beginning of the 1900's, none of us should have to pay a fucking cent to those useless leeches.

This post has surprised me, I never knew so many niggers were Yea Forumstards.

Attached: You-hate-black1.png (500x375, 221K)

Not the families that owned slaves!!! Not fair!

Attached: 1523399082014m.jpg (741x1024, 82K)

But you should have to pay to native americans? I don't see you bitching about that through your taxes.

nothing should happen it was generations ago
get over it

No nigger should get any reparation money. They did not experience slavery and the whites alive today did not benefit from it. All it is is a ploy to try and get money for free.

Nicee one Elon Musky...

Attached: bagk1755uzbhjc9yz22973823100.jpg (1522x1143, 124K)

But not every white person was a slave owner. What about descendants of people also crushed by similar systems such as indentured servitude? Why should they pay? What about recent white immigrants coming from countries never owning slaves? Why should they pay? Go fuck yourself.

>Reparations
For giving them a better life than they ever had in Africa?
Who should pay?
No one, all the people who were slaves have already died.
>Thoughts?
Millions of immigrants from all around the world succeed and do better than African Americans year after year. Teaching Blacks to have a victim mentality and that everyone owes them freebies doesn't help them. Why should they work if they're given free housing and food?

Every group in history has tried to conquer and kill the others. We're not gonna apologise for being better at it, and we're damn well gonna expect respect for not castrating you like the Arabs did.

If someone enslaved you, that person should pay you say $30 an hour (more than you're worth, but exemplary damage) for as long as you were a slave, then put them in jail because slavery is illegal.

If no one enslaved you, fuck off and better your life instead of whining about what long dead people have done to your long dead ancestors.

Nothing. Im black. Go earn your shit and stop expecting handouts. This is why people call us niggers to our faces and even more behind our backs. Stop being niggers.

Maybe, we can settle it with the compensation by the murders, armed robberies and rapes. I think we'd be more than even.

Reparations for the -$600 gdp for black families last year.

Who should pay? The state? The families that didn’t work?

Who should receive the money?
The highest income tax payers?

Paid how? Money? Services?

Thoughts?

Attached: 0EBBC480-0E46-4506-A5D0-36BBCCD39265.png (587x570, 703K)

>black
>people
Ok than..

They already get affirmative action and welfare. Even if all the stuff you said is true I still don't give a fuck because they definitely have it better in other areas.

This.

Blacks at the turn of the 20th century were doing great for themselves. Education rates were skyrocketing, black unemployment was below that of whites, and black wages were approaching white wages. They were hard working, honest people.
But sometime between them and now they have become obsessed with the idea that they are owed something by life, and the government has only served to subsidise this state of decadence and anger.

Blacks have the potential of being huge contributers to society, I just hope that they can sort out their shit culture that damages both themselves and the rest of us.

Anyone sincerely shilling for reparations is a literal retard. What a cohencidence, they're all niggers and nigger lovers.

Anyway, the major slave trading companies were owned by jews, so jews should pay.

Shut up and don't bother people with what their ancestors had done. Most people alive today don't even know their heritage.

if there is any estate still active from some one who owned slaves
that estate could be sued by the descendants of all slaves that they owned
but as slavery was legal, it is a hard case due to ex post facto protection
and the descendants would need a shit tonne of paperwork spanning almost 200 years

You can thank LBJ for that one. The great society it was called. It incentivized single mothers and unemployment