Can somebody explain to me why there are no real life engineers just inventing a free energy type magnetic motor?

Can somebody explain to me why there are no real life engineers just inventing a free energy type magnetic motor?
I just don't get it, why wouldn't it work??

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hT1hNAIMk7U
youtu.be/uKCEceWs-Gc
youtu.be/3bUYx8h8TwA
youtu.be/sT_bTnkwLuE
automobile-catalog.com/make/peugeot/205/205_electric_prototype/1984.html
thebarchive.com/b/thread/793801746/#793808033
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hmmm?
youtube.com/watch?v=hT1hNAIMk7U

Because the permanent magnets are losing in potential difference of the charges that are causing the magnetic field due to the electrical exitation from the movement.

The system also loses energy by friction (heat dissipation).

You can not create a machine that produces more or even an equal amount of work than the energy you have to put into it to function.

Unless you're dealing with high energy natural sources of energy IE magnetism in a closed environment (IE a vacuum)

That wouldn't solve the problem of the loss in potential difference of the charges.

thermodynamics.
there is no such thing as free energy

... to be continued ...

>has to be plugged in to charge
>numbers fluctuate
>2 minute demostration
must be legit

magnets repel and seek to reach the lowest, most stable point (minimize entropy). energy is excerpted as work, but once it reaches it's most stable state, i.e. lowest point of entropy, little to no work is done.

youtu.be/uKCEceWs-Gc

?

The second law of thermodynamics

I read a book once where a guy invented wormhole technology in his garage and beat the first SpaceX shuttle to Mars. When mankind took the first step onto the planet he was standing there in a decades old spacesuit he bought online.

FFW a few years, he started discovering planets and claiming them as his own. He was outside of the shit-show which is Earth where individual countries can't even get their own internal shit together, let alone any sort of cohesive or united planetary movement that could stop him. Some of the less-nice planets he found he auctioned off to the highest bidder/consortium/corporations on earth and then charged them transit fees to travel using his proprietary wormhole technology to said planets. This alone made him a fortune, but the wholesale of a new planet(s) full of resources, habittible, ready for some rich billionaire to claim and become king to lord over, and a new frontier for the adventurous to experience life on a new planet with all sorts of oppertunities. It was a fantastic enterprise.

Anyway, one interesting use of the wormhole technology was how it was used on Earth for power generation. A whole bunch of solar-panels were placed all over the sun-facing side of the moon and the power was transfered to Earth using a series of zero-sum wormholes (essentially a wormhole that wasn't large enough to open earth to the vacuum of space, but still allowed power to transfer through. [This is probably too advanced for you engeeniers, we really need someone samrter like a physicist or astropysicist in here to explain the sciene behind it.

Anyway, that was how the power of energy production was solved on earth once all the fossil fuels ran out. The solar panels were closer to the sun and were always generating power 24/7 because the sun-facing side of the moon always gets daylight. They had more power than they could use.

free or zero energy machines that have been invented, tested and even attempted to get a patent were seized by the government and electrical companies.

to my understand the simple concept of the "taurus" is the design of these working devices.

Attached: Torus_alone.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

Cuz they kill all the niggas that make it work

HAHAHAHAHA LOL NO

cool story, bro.

Attached: 1486937627373.jpg (474x595, 111K)

Believable. The same thing happened with the electric car for over a century. It wasn't until elon musk came along and was too rich and independant to be sold off or shut down that things finaly changed.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x372, 969K)

It does work. The magnets demagnetize as it translates their "permanent charge" to work energy. It's like flaming swamp gas that is around for centuries but once mined as a power source it is depleted quickly.

No, it wasn't until people realized that pumping billions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere wasn't such a good idea.

Electric cars were invented but weren't massproduced in the 19th century, because people didn't know about the catastrophical influence of climate gases in the atmosphere. And they weren't energy and cost efficient AT ALL.

Also Elon Musk basically just jumped on the E-Car train when it was already rolling.

God doesn't allow shit like this.

This: and

Electric cars dont save the environment, they allow middle aged activist women to feel superior and preach thier nauseating 'environmental consciousness'.

In truth, electric cars are just as bad as petroleum driven ones, given the horrible chemicals that make the batteries and the coal-burnt electricity used to fuel them

Only applies to closed systems.
Free energy devices aren't closed systems anymore than a solar panel is.

Magnetic motors are closed systems, even on a larger scale the magnetic poles of Earth are. Open systems depend upon external power, like solar power. Wind power is open because wind and weather are directly relative to the solar power inducted upon the Earth by solar power.

>sun-facing side of the moon

uwotm8

This is solveable by mostly or only using renewable energy for production and recycling of batteries.

The chemicals in the batteries don't have any effect on the atmosphere, they are a potential danger to ground water and plants though.

But so is petroleum. You just can't completely exclude the possibility that these batteries will break in an accident. So you can't with tanks. You can only try to make them as safe as possible.

but what about capacitors

Have you ever seen a capacitator that didn't lose its capacity over time?

Because the first thing real engineers learn is free energy is impossible. If it was simple or easy to figure out then we wouldnt be worrying about fossile fuels right now.

Its the ses lawl of thirsty dynamics... Yo bitch ass ran outta purple drank and y'all bout to be trippn

Attached: GbGMTf3w.jpg (1252x1252, 129K)

In all fairness, "permanent magnets" are capacitors of sorts and do demagnetize when their energy is used a lot.

BUT DE GUBBERNMENT AN DE OIL COMPANIES!

>The chemicals in the batteries don't have any effect on the atmosphere, they are a potential danger to ground water and plants though

Have you seen the state of lithium (and other resource) mining and production? Its environmental massacre. The energy input is all before the car is even assembled and its a hot debate if its lower than the lifespan of a petroleum fueled car. Adding in the electricity input and electric cars are no better.

And dont get conned by renewables. It's a noble idea, but does not scale to the total energy demand. We are stuck with fossil fuels, unless you are willing to lead by example and not heat your house or toast your bread

Yes, and the idea behind magnetic motors is they somehow utilize some unknown external source.
The magnets don't do the actual work, they're supposed to direct some virtual particle flux or something.

Attached: quantum physics.jpg (231x347, 35K)

Lol sure wasn't the people making billions off oil

Attached: 1548993438587-b.jpg (1280x695, 190K)

Yeahh, Elon Musky...you was all time

Attached: a6xbyb4ad34qicdp1227896971200.jpg (1524x1103, 116K)

>Have you seen the state of lithium (and other resource) mining and production? Its environmental massacre.
Is it worse than coal mining and oil pumping though?

>The energy input is all before the car is even assembled and its a hot debate if its lower than the lifespan of a petroleum fueled car.

The current state of battery technology suggests a stable compensation within 2 years.

I would reply to the other things you wrote, but I have to go now.

>fossil fuels
Kek

Attached: 1548481090005-b.jpg (1070x733, 240K)

Exactly. And THAT idea is the con behind it, the "free energy" sales pitch, the "something for nothing" sucker bait.

There isn't a sun-facing side of the moon. The moon is tidally-locked, and one side always faces earth. The other always faces away from earth. The bit of the moon that the sun shines on changes in a month-long cycle.

You can easily verify this by LOOKING AT THE FUCKING MOON.

Notice how the bits you can see because they're lit up are always in the same place? This shows the moon always points towards the earth. Notice how the bits that are lit up change? This shows the moon doesn't have a "sun-facing side".

Attached: 4L_jq7WnF2y.png (732x510, 154K)

Can someone pls explain how do magnets work to a complete engineering noob?

Because harvesting energy from the vacuum can be detected from orbit, and Solar Warden has satellites searching for it.
If you turn on a working prototype, you're going to get suicided.

Attached: space benis.png (1470x825, 1.51M)

This is Fox News level stupid in the understanding of fossil fuels.

>electric cars are just as bad as petroleum driven ones, given the horrible chemicals that make the batteries and the coal-burnt electricity used to fuel them

one thing every environmental ignorant dude tries to do is oversimplify everything. there are way more factors to consider when comparing fossil fueled cars to electric ones. Also you have to clarify what parameters you're watching at

Big electric cars with huge batteries indeed may cause as much co2 equivalents as fossil fueled cars in their lifetime of around 15 years, you're right. but smaller cars that don't try to drive 1 mio km with one charge are already more environmental friendly after 3-5 years, regarding emissions.
Furthermore it makes a huge difference if you burn fossil fuel in distributive way (cars driving around) or if you burn it collectively in a multi-million dollar power station that provides high-tech emission reduction with a much higher effienciency factor than a car could ever have.

Also you need to consider that invensting into electric cars means investing into better energy storing technologies and better power grids. both are things we desperately need in our future of renewable energies and so called smart grids. even if you're stupid enough to deny climate change effects and the likely connection to anthropogenic causes, fossil fuel WILL end or become so expensive that you can't afford it one day, so we need alternatives. better start investing into that shit now than later.

regarding the absolute worst case, electric cars (in certain terms) are at maximum as bad as fossil fueld cars, regarding the environment. but even then you need to consider the things I just mentioned so its way more logical to buy the electric one. also keep in mind, that in the better part of possible terms, electrical cars are more environmentally friendly.

Imagine actually thinking bones turn to oil
With zero evidence
Just because someone in a lab coat told you

Attached: 1548769237539-b.jpg (1600x1720, 153K)

If a machine cannot generate more energy then it produces.

In the age of YouTube, the government and particularly electric companies couldn't do shit if you invented and provided blueprints/calculations.

If anything I think that electric companies would want to monopolize it themselves rather then outright stop it with the cost of coal and government incentives for green energy.

Yup

>with zero evidence

Well its carbon that turns into fossil fuels. Mostly your fleshy goodness rather then your calcium rich bones.

I'm an environmentalist

I live in a desert and dont have air conditioning by choice. I have solar panels to reduce grid load, although I'm realistic about those too. I have a massive carbon sink and bunch of horrible chemicals attached to my roof and I'm hoping that somewhere down the track my footprint will go positive. Maybe.

What I am is a realist.

There is no way to make personal transport have a small footprint. It's just at odds with logic. Electric cars may be the future... but there again it might be something else and by the time we arrive at that point we will have sunk sooo much energy into electric cars that we will look like fools.

Dont underestimate energy inputs in advance of consumption. That is the first mistake of an idealist

>fuel free
>plugs it in in the first 3 seconds

youtu.be/3bUYx8h8TwA

this idiot thinks the earth is flat.

Yes. Zero. Go look kiddo, you wont find any. Wasn't like Rockefeller paid off the scientists at the Geneva convention. People don't lie for money in real life.
Must have been a fuckton of them dinosaurs. Over century burning that fleshy goodness still ain't no shortage.
This idiot thinks people went to the moon with a gameboy wrapped in tin foil.

Attached: 1551177280000-b.jpg (640x620, 43K)

Carbon (like wood) + oxygen + heat = fire. (carbon dioxide)

Tree + carbon dioxide - oxygen = carbon (wood)

Trees are mostly built from carbon taken from the air. This is 5th grade science

gameboy?

You don't even need that. All you need a tank fuel of fuel, a button that says "burn" and an understanding of mathematics and orbital mechanics.

Big Oil is suppressing the tech.

Attached: big eyes blood mouth.jpg (1024x640, 72K)

>my footprint will go positive
you may be an environmentalist, but you don't seem to know what you're talking about. that's really not how the footprint works.

>we will have sunk sooo much energy into electric cars that we will look like fools
also that's not how science works. if the findings of military research wouldn't be applied to commercial consumerism, you would not have a smartphone or even use the internet.

post pics of your home to proof you're not a troll because right now you look like one. I've got a masters degree in this shit and I'm telling you, regarding the whole fucking life cycle, electric cars are environmentally less harming. it's not idealistic to say electric cars are the future. of course I know the most environmentally friendly future is one without mankind or only 1mio of them living like the apes did, but that's not very realistic. you need to realize that you're idealizing here, too.

>Go look kiddo, you wont find any
I'm a scientist and an engineer and really just want to to shut the fuck up. I don't think you can learn something at this point so it's only important that you don't infest others with your stupidity.

take a pic of your science penis please

Attached: 1551214079400-b.jpg (1024x722, 129K)

why tho

So petroleum is bad for the environment? We should get rid of it then. I suggest we burn it and make energy out of it instead.

Attached: Clown_-_Spawn_movie.jpg (360x480, 44K)

Not the person you were talking to, but I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Humans are the best animal. If we ever colonize non-life planets and introduce life, we'd have done more good then bad.

>We are stuck with fossil fuels
And here is as thinking nuclear power plants existed... boy is my face red
And the answer to what you want to respond with, is fossil fuels are mined also you retard

for research purposes

>5 >>
The loss in potential differences wouldn't matter if you were tapping into a natural source of magnetism (like that which surrounds our planet) in a vacuum, like that of space which conveniently also surrounds our planet.
The only issue is transporting that energy from high orbit down to the planet below.

Attached: (You).jpg (546x562, 31K)

The thing about that is that anything in the public domain can't be patented, so while they could copy the technology and sell it, they could never create a monopoly.

The electrons all spin aligned in the same direction.
Opposing magnets spin against each other and hook like velcro

Nuclear power produces a few percent of the planets energy demand

80% of environmental damage is caused by electricity generation

Cars are a small part of the remaining 20%

have my hairy science penis

Attached: zozzle.jpg (1337x752, 273K)

Cold fusion someday hopefully though

Heat is lost energy.

But it makes good click bait for a youtube video.

I always ask if they still pay a power bill.

I kek'd tho

It doesn't have to be lost, though. Excess heat can be collected and transformed back into raw energy.

small/10

Included in my data. Thanks science man.

>Cold fusion

You would have better luck with OPs machine or growing magic beans

fortunately I'm a grower my dude

np mate glad I could help

not if we just go and destroy another planet I guess. often have to think about that matrix quote about mankind and viruses

Its the sex law of swerveee dynamics, if her bitch ass naked in the pool, then you best bout to be skinny dippn

Attached: Remember_4c80e9_5726422.jpg (673x750, 85K)

Electric companies make most of their money off of grid maintenance as is. They pretty much charge you exactly what it costs them in fuel to create electricty.

The less you use, the happier they are since they can then charge you for having a wire attached to your house and not actually making electricty.

That's because its a few percent of power production facilities.
It's still the least environmentally destructive mass power production method available

Agreed. But it doesnt scale

>80% of environmental damage is caused by electricity generation
why do you lie

Kind of a double edged sword, because it can be the cleanest, or the worst in doomsday scenarios.

Cold fusion isn't real.
The act of fusion itself is always going to produce a lot of energy in the form of heat. Considering using heat to drive turbines is the only way we know of to generate huge power loads, it's about the only thing that makes fusion useful your right now.
We don't even know how we would convert fusion energy into electricity if it didn't produce heat

Its the second pause of little girl gymnastics, dat overseas Asian bitch come in wit some 360 midair shit, bes believe yo ass bout to be doin sone flippn

Attached: 2v2D8LP.png (1920x1080, 1.49M)

No, it really cant

Yes, it really can.
Not being able to do it yet =/= never being able to do it.
If you'd been alive 120 years ago you would have said planes were a pipe dream.

You know they don't actually involve nuclear explosions, nor can they produce one in any way?
The only times they have ever fucked up, have been 100% avoidable.

Of course it does.
More plants=more power
If all power plants were replaced with nuclear, there wouldn't be less power, so it clearly does scale

Yeah, nuclear gets a bad rep from a couple of drunken Russians and stupid Japanese building reactors on the beach in the most earthquake prone area of the planet. It's a sensible power source if we are smart about it.

Don't talk about things you don't understand as if they are fact

it's not clean tho. the radioactive waste needs to go somewhere and will have an effect right there and especially in the upcoming few hundreds and thousand years. also a lot of people don't realize that nuclear power is also fossil fuels. there is a limited amount of uranium on our planet and it already gets very scarce. it's no long-term alternative. also nuclear power needs high-tech, which results in high developed countries only. problematic tho are the lesser developed countries since they multiply so much. those dudes are the real thread of upcoming energy use and they don't have the tech for nuclear.

you just described why cold fusion could work and say that's because it doesn't. do you think the sole fact of an energy transformation process to generate heat makes it environmentally harming? that'd be retarded.

you both have no idea what you're talking about. samefag?

youtu.be/sT_bTnkwLuE

It's not plugged in to charge, it's plugged in for the initial startup. Once the big magnetic motor is spinning at full speed, it can be unplugged. Then the magnetic motor will keep generator running as long as you want via belt and pully.

The 3 laws of thermodynamics

There was a lot of people attempting to build planes 120 years ago.
120 years ago is only 4 years before the first recorded instance of a plane actually flying.
You're an idiot

the north/southpole of the moon has near permanent exposure to the sun.

This would make australia and Russia happy. Make all the worlds power generation utterly reliant on uranium, and they have more than half the worlds reserve between them

why does it have to be plugged in? Why not some sort of hand crank?

Forgot to put them
The first law, also known as Law of Conservation of Energy, states that energy cannot be created or destroyed in an isolated system.
The second law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of any isolated system always increases.
The third law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of a system approaches a constant value as the temperature approaches absolute zero.

You either don't understand what the concept of cold fusion is, or you don't understand what I posted
I'm thinking you likely don't understand any of it based on your replies

Cold fusion would generate heat.... massive amounts of it actually. The reason it's called cold fusion is because the only way to currently cause fusion is through nuclear fission which is uncontrollable.

The goal would be to create sustained fusion which would to put bluntly us the same as burning a log made of gas at about a million degrees and releasing other gasses while doing so.

We can create fusion with nukes but we can't control it

I see 20 years old electric cars occasionally.

for example:
automobile-catalog.com/make/peugeot/205/205_electric_prototype/1984.html

1. These cars were expensive.
2. Short range
3. annoying to charge
4. tidious

Just like tesla. They were available 20, 30 years ago. Though nobody wanted them.
It all changed with SJW era and billion dollar Musks bubble.

>Who cares if we destroy the planet, as long as we profit from it

Err, nukes create a fission reaction. Splitting atoms, not combining

No one wants to die because of big energy.

No more than earths, which is only 50% of the time, and the absolute worst places when it comes to converting sunlight into energy

We are already destroying the planet. Nuclear power may buy us some time because it doesnt spew carbon into the atmosphere

well let's start then
>always going to produce a lot of energy in the form of heat
>always
already bullshit, it depends on the element, just like not every nuclear fission is exotherm. this alone shows you have no understanding of the most fundamental physical processes

>heat to drive turbines is the only way we know of to generate huge power loads
I'll just answer this with
>what are water powered plants and how much power do they generate

pls explain to me why using the heat of cold fusion in turbines is not a solution?

You are so wrong you wouldn't understand if I tried explaining why
Fusion is the complete opposite of nuclear explosions

See thermonuclear bomb.

Aka second stage/third stage fusion bomb.

They discovered fusion on accident during castle bravo when the bomb dropped was way more massive then anticipated because some fuel inside of it started a secondary fusion process they weren't expecting

>using the heat of cold fusion
Because you're talking about fusion, not cold fusion
Stop posting you fucking retard

It obviously needs some energy to initially start. Do you think this is DBZ or something where they can create energy from their hands or some shit?

All very true.
There has been raised the idea of luna girdling tracks that support mobile platforms that track the sun (or the lunar night) around the globe. Because the moon rotates so slowly it's far more "feasable" than on earth.

Dunning Krueger
every fucking science based thread on Yea Forums, every fucking time

Solar energy per area of land drops off in a tangent curve as you go towards the poles. This is why Africa is hot and Antarctica is cold.

Attached: 4L_gGK8TYy2.png (3333x1946, 171K)

Fusion is what's currently happening in the sun at this very minute. It generates heat.

This is also 5th grade science

The magnetic field you describe is permanent and will never weaken. But this doesn't create any energy changes at all. For energy to be transferred something has to move through the field; that is the energy input.

You know what isn't happening in the sun...
Cold fusion.
You aren't even on the same page of what you're replying to, hence proven the post you replied to correct

The friction doesn't matter. I'd have to find it but a couple guys did a demonstration showing how the decoupling force of a magnetic field is at least the same as the coupling force. So, all you need is properly aligned permanent magnets that couple and decouple. The coupling force costs you nothing, then you can use the decoupling force to power the device.

In their little demonstration, if you align everything well, you actually get more decoupling cycles than coupling cycles. (Ex. Put a couple magnets on a metal bar, use the magnets to attract the bar. One couple cycle. Reverse the polarity (like in a motor) then you get two decouple cycles when it disconnects.

Their suggestion was that you could even harness that perpendicular force without any movement (which rather makes sense). The 'stator' would just be a stationary solid core (like what is in a magneto) and you would just have some properly aligned permanent magnets inside it then a coil where you could change the force and use the perpendicular forces.

No one makes that core. It would cost literally of millions to produce those magneto cores. Far out of reach for garage engineers.

So it's a complicated flywheel power storage device. They're well understood and used but not free energy.

nice that you didn't respond to all the other things I said you don't get right since you know you're wrong

also cold fusion only means that it's not happening at 200mrd degrees but at lower, more technologically usable levels, dipshit

Free energy does not violate thermodynamics. Solar power is 'free'. All you're doing is using a properly aligned set of magnetic fields to pull energy from the electromagnetic fields of the universe.

more energy to run than is created

>electromagnetic fields of the universe.
didn't know we're getting on spiritual shitpost level now

>Solar power is 'free'
No it's not. Solar panels dont grow on trees

You think it's called cold fusion because the only way we can make it is with fission bombs...
Fusion reactors exist, right now, we have built them. They can only run for a fraction of a second, because if they ran for any longer they will literally melt themselves because we can't contain or convert the heat they would produce.
This gave people with poor scientific understanding the idea that if we could manage fusion, without generating the heat, problem solved...
Except it doesn't solve anything, because the heat is the only practical way we have to produce electricity from fusion. Cold fusion would be nothing more than a really bright light that gives off no heat

The cold part of cold fusion has to do with it's creation through non-nuclear explosions.

We can create fusion, we can't do it without blowing shit up. We can't do it in any sort of way that is controllable.

Trying to create fusion without any heat is such a retarded concept I can't even imagine why you would think that's what it meant. Hurr, maybe the atoms will fuse together and create energy if we state at them

Stop posting Timmy
You're embarrassing yourself again

>No, it wasn't until people realized that pumping billions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere wasn't such a good idea.

That and we got decent battery technology Li Ion batteries have come a long way in even the last 20 years

>Also Elon Musk basically just jumped on the E-Car train when it was already rolling.
This.
He's a lot like Steve Jobs tbh. Finds a growing trend and does a good job packaging and marketing it. Ecommerce (PayPal), electric vehicles (Tesla), commerical space (SpaceX). nothing anyone else couldn't do. He just did a good job of making it "sexy" at just the right time.

You're real stupid.

You have a radio and a cell phone. Why don't you have wireless power? Because there's no way to charge you for the power that is deployed to a device within the field potential.

>in the age of youtube
Because youtube doesn't fucking monitor everything that goes on that fucking website. Even it some how ended up on there by accident it would just get thrown into their "conspiracy theory" category and no one would pay attention to it.

Attached: lsaf.jpg (300x223, 11K)

The only other thing you said was references hydroelectric, which while useful, is too geographically limited to be adopted worldwide

Technically fossil fuels are renewable, given a long enough timespan

Tidal has potential

I am aware that we can't control fusion. Did I somehow state that I wasn't aware or that fusion was impossible?i

How is that spiritual asshat. Light is part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Read a fucking book.

Why are you still saying that fission is fusion
You are backwards on this
We have fusion reactors, and they have nothing to do with explosions

Neither is a magneto that would capture em fields.

what about that part where you actually thought core fusion is always exotherm since you don't even understand the basic concept of energy conservation?

All those actually show the govt is REALLY BAD at keeping shit secret when it does fucked up stuff.

>We have fusion reactors
Link

You really have no idea about what you're saying
Are you just making up what you think is real, or do you actually believe this?
IF you actually believe it, WHY do you think this?

>magneto
>mfw

Attached: mag.jpg (493x348, 56K)

And greedy yanks cutting corners...

Are you actually retarded?

You have a cell phone and you pay for your 4G connection that you're not going to get for free.

You can bet your ass that if there was some way of powering your phone remotely they would have made it and you would only be allowed to connect to it with the proper equipment + monthly service fee.

Book is Pandora's Star by Peter Hamilton, great book

Fusion will produce heat
Your agreement is irrelevant
Energy conservation is what confirms it you pompous faggot

Look up ITER, and Tokamak
Not useful for.energy production yet because it takes more energy to run than they produce even with fusion occurring, but they are function reactors that produce fusion.
I might add without any explosions, and in a controlled way much to that retard spouting nonsense earlier

kek what a loser
here to embarrass you the most effective way, here is the seventh sentence in wikipedias article about nuclear fusion:

'Fusion of light elements toward these releases energy (an exothermic process), while a fusion producing nuclei heavier than these elements will result in energy retained by the resulting nucleons, and the resulting reaction is endothermic'

if you don't understand how that shows that you're wrong, it's even more pathetic

because in this particular Universe the fucking energy is fucking conserved

Why are you stating that cold fusion wouldn't create heat? Do you think that fusion without heat is possible?

Fusion isn't fission but the heat from fission can result in fusion. I hope that clarifies it for you

>Do you think that fusion without heat is possible?

see

You can read the words, but you can't understand them
This is the problem with self teaching via the internet

>Cold fusion

In 1944, Enrico Fermi calculated the reaction would be self-sustaining at about 50,000,000 K

>Cold

kek still not realizing that you're wrong
I'm 6 months away from my masters in energy engineering so you might want to rethink that for a second

Yes, it clarifies your misunderstanding that was already apparent

Post pic of your bachelor's or gtfo

that's pretty cold in comparison to the 200.000.000 K that this process runs at normally

Weren't you the guy who was claiming that fusion wasn't even possible 30 minutes ago?

I'm glad you are reading up on it though

I'd rather see his tits

He's a few different guys, that way he has a better chance that one is actually correct, and he can sleep well knowing he won an internet fight

Free energy machines are a scam and if you think otherwise you’re an idiot

because magnets lose power over time, by making any kind of magnetic motor youre essentially creating a low efficiency system that drains the electrical energy out of a magnet like a very weak battery

and thats assuming you manage to design it in such a way as to counteract the negativeforces of the magnet for less energy than youre getting out of the positive energy. (protip, you cant)

there you go

not that guy

don't have

Attached: DSC_0001_5.jpg (3096x5504, 897K)

>the sun required no energy to construct and will run forever

The stupid in here is really thick

Yeah. Thats the charge part. If you extract work out of it, it will slow and stop (friction not withstanding which makes things worse). Flywheels are a kinetic energy battery.

Are you describing my cock?

Pretty interesting name for a dick. I named mine the patriarchy.

I think we can attribute the use of li-ion batteries in everything to this. It wasn't until electronics came down in size and price (along with batteries) that electric cars became a thing. Elon is heading the gigafactory battery producing plants, which will extend (they already have infact) past use solely in vehicles.

>needs some energy to start
>free energy
Yeah, nah

my point being that there needed to be a widespread market/use (culture even) before any of it got off the ground. Oil and its products is used in EVERYTHING, and still will be used in a ton of things after we shift over.

You're aware that nuclear power is in fact fossil fuel, yes?

Because CIA would take away your plans like they did with tesla

Because all women dislike it?

>Ctrl F "hydrogen"
>Zero results

Why is no one talking about hydrogen in this thread? Why are you people still prattling on about electric cars? Electric cars are not the future, for the reasons already discussed. Mining material for batteries, where the energy comes from, etc. Furthermore, all batteries have a lifespan. When those batteries are dead the car will be junk. The most environmentally friendly car you can buy is a 30 year old car that already exists and those won't be electric cars 30 years from now.

Hydrogen on the other hand is fucking everywhere, comes out of water, can be pumped into a car just like gas, has no harmful emissions, and those cars could still be on the road in 30 years. All we need is the infrastructure.

>You can not create a machine that produces more or even an equal amount of work than the energy you have to put into it to function.

What about women, amirite guys?

Good grief. There are the people who understand how physics works and there are the "maybe trolls or maybe idiots" in this thread. Either way I can't believe any of this has to really be explained.

The moon is not tidally locked (yet)

Nah because quality women don't care but they all are getting fucked by it.

Eh? It's been tidally locked for a billion years

I like your attitude but unfortunately you have no idea what you're talking about

the only possible use of hydrogen as fuel is for fuel cels that convert the gas electro-chemical which means electrical cars. you can't just burn hydrogen, my friend. burns way too hot and is way too dangerous.

Clearly you've never been married, they are expensive AF. They pretty much run on credit card debt

Yeah it is. Lots of moons in our solar system are. The moon is in a 1:1 resonance

You are both right, i was thinking of a double tidal lock.

I thought my model 3 awd dual motor uses fhis tech?

Thing is comfy love it.

>they called einstein crazy

>Hydrogen on the other hand is fucking everywhere

you clearly need to read up on something before discussing it. it's literally fucking nowhere. it's the only element on our whole planet that does not exist naturally in a pure form. also it's very fucking dangerous, it can't just simply be pumped like gas. also it's very difficult to be stored.

>you can't just burn hydrogen
In the same thread people are arguing that cold fusion could become possible, could it not be possible to build an engine that can simply burn hydrogen?

Could a hydrogen fuel cell electric car be built without batteries? This would also eliminate the problems cited with electric cars.

American nuclear fatalities when?

>buh... muh 3mi island

Three Mile Island killed literally nobody. Unlike Chernobyl or Fukushima.

>exist naturally in a pure form
Oh look, something I never said. Neat.
I did say it's everywhere. Which it is.

MODS!
Why TF would you even post that?!

I named mine "Privilege".

I think the 3:2 resonance modes are really neat

White?

Kek

>Could a hydrogen fuel cell electric car be built without batteries?

unfortunately not. those cells need to provide constant power to work, but driving a car needs different levels of power (accelerating, brakeing), thus you need a buffer -> battery (and some condensors).

>could it not be possible to build an engine that can simply burn hydrogen?
definitely possible but on no level ever affordable or reasonable. fusion reactors work because the heat gets kept in check by magnetic fields instead of just having a casing that widthstands it. a motor with moving parts that realizes that would never make sense in a car, it's too expensive

Cold fusion doesn’t work.
Having said that, actual working devices have been produced out of research into cold fusion. There are a few companies trying to commercialise it like Brillion, Black light power, and Andrea Rossi (can’t think of his company) with his E-cat. You can follow all the latest news on LENR (low energy nuclear reactions) at ecatworld. com

Why don't we just put a magnet on the front of a car, and then hang another magnet on the end of a stick that sticks out from the front of the car?
The car magnet will be attracted to the stick magnet and be pulled toward it, but the movement of the car will cause the stick to move with it (of course) so it will roll forever. The farther out you stuck the stick, the faster the car will go.
(Requires super strong magnets of course.)

Also, strap a piece of buttered toast to the back of a cat. Toast always lands butter-side-down, but cats always land on their feet. Drop this cat-toast hybrid and it will never got the floor. It'll just spin in the air right above the floor. Attach that fucker to an axle, and BOOM! Free energy, motherfuckers!!

That's basically a kinetic battery they charged with the plug they used in the beginning.

yeah but just because it's 'everywhere' doesn't mean it's easy to use. only because there's co2 everywhere doen't mean we can just simply take it, pull the C out of it and burn it. same with hydrogen. it's like you think you're the only person that had the idea that hydrogen could be the solution and eveyone else is just dumb. There is a reason it's not a thing, and it's not even big oil this time.

So fucking fake you had to delete it
You printed that you dumb fuck

>being this delusional
I deleted it because I'm paranoid. I'm an engineer in energy technology, specified in renewables. believe it or not, I don't care anymore

So retarded

I can actually answer that as an expert
1. generators convert mechanical energy into electrical energy; they do not magically pull energy from the atmosphere, or create it from nothing
2. the system shown in most "free energy" generators has massive losses: mechanical friction loss, heat loss, "copper" loss, flux loss (each one would take several pages to explain completely but they are real and a part of my job I deal with every day)
3. electromagnet generators work by induction as a conductor cuts across the flux lines of a magnetic field not just because the wire is near the magnet ( this is like rubbing two objects together to get heat, it works because of the movement and friction not just because the object are near each other)
4. magnates are not a source of energy in and of themselves

T. electronics tech and marine electrician for 26 years

there is a youtuber called Electroboom that goes in to detail and does a very good demonstration on all of this

Extracted from water by electrolysis, which requires electricity you fucking mong

and how do you mass-produce hydrogen? you pump electricity through water. electricity made by burning coal'n'oil, mostly.

Whats the motor gonna run on?
1st off - cuz energy doesnt come from nothing.
2nd - it already exists. Buy solar panels

There are a few trial buses running around our city burning nothing but water

Sure the equipment is the length of a bus, but the technology is real

this post is funny because nuclear power actually is fossile fuel, you dipshit. fossile in this case doesn't mean it's made of old organic material but that it's limited. and it already got scarce, faggot. experts say 40-50 years left. this number may increase with time since there will be better technologies found to harvest it (i.e. difference between 'reserve' and 'ressource') but it will use up. soon.

you can't burn water. maybe you meant hydrogen? you need to put in energy first to make hydrogen out of water. I'd like a link anyway.

Paranoid?
How fitting since you're also delusional

Attached: 1551362342964.jpg (3096x5504, 897K)

I invented a car powered by pendulums, it had infinite energy. The big 4 bought the patent, only to never use it. It's what they do. Buy every better idea, and keep it, So that no one can use it. Check out a short film called "who killed the electric car"

Which is why you're retarded
Fossil fuel, does not mean limited

If this was real, why the fuck wouldn't he build 100 of them, plug them into the grid and get paid thousands of dollars a month?
It doesn't add up, if I invented that I'd be scaling that shit up x1000

hydrogen is not "running off water"
the hydrogen might come from stripping it off of water but that is not the same thing mo matter how well the PR people lie about it

The entirety of earths core is plutonium and uranium. It is a giant reactor. Time to go back to school

>it's not even big oil this time.
No, it's the people who want to keep us hooked on batteries and tethered to their power plants.

It's not limited
Well just make it with that crazy guys cold fusion reactor

want to know how I can tell you're a liar?

>generators convert mechanical energy into electrical energy; they do not magically pull energy from the atmosphere, or create it from nothing
False. I've seen the ZPM function on Stargate Atlantis.

yes I'm paranoid on a clinical level and I know it's stupid and irrational, but that doesn't mean that I don't know what I am talking about.
also gj on saving that

do you even hear yourself talking?

>imagine you bring up harvesting the eath's core
you're a new level of stupid

Its filed under Davis patent co. But go ahead lol

kek
a little naquadria will go a long way

Fossil fuel does not mean limited fuel
You have mental issues user
>solar energy a fossil fuel because stars don't last forever

You deleted it before I saved it, or even saw it.
Everything's saved you paranoid Fuck
That's how we keep track of you
thebarchive.com/b/thread/793801746/#793808033

THERMODYNAMICS!!!

ok, I'll give you the rope
How did you eliminate the friction loss?

KOLD FOOSHEN

I'm an engineer and I agree with this 100%. The length of time it took to start spinning while being powered by the outlet directly represents how much mass the internal flywheel possessed and the sheer torque that the electromagnets needed to overcome before it had enough built-up momentum to keep spinning on its own unaided.

Flywheels are mechanical batteries that has been used for centuries, but to many people it just seems like pure magic.

Attached: 1523566477045.gif (500x375, 148K)

Itll run for long enough and it wasnt u who invested the energy into it

Pressurized hydrogen is dangerous

inb4 WD40

didn't know deleting has no impact on the archive, good to know

looked it up now and I could have sworn being limited is the definition of that no matter the origin, so I learned something new. your argument with dying stars is stupid tho. ofcourse even solar energy isn't limited but we're defining it as such in engineering and human scale. means, nuclear ressources are very fucking limited.

Splitting it out an inert storage device just prior to use is not.

Let's call this inert storage device... water.

You are so special and edgy. "hey guys, it's happening! omfgojsdig this guy might be the real deal. Someone screenshot this!" *cough*

Attached: 1531477438474.jpg (736x552, 70K)

>and it wasnt u who invested the energy into it
Fascinating. I see that you are a retard. The phrase "free energy" in this context does not mean "energy that costs me no money." It means "energy that comes from nowhere or is self-sustaining in its own production." Solar power is not that.

Because physics

So?

>_

that's not how physcis work my dear dude.
if you take water, split it and use it up again, you cannot harvest energy from that process. you'd need to put energy in. where does this energy come from?

U what, nigger? U gonna be using post reaction product as a source of energy already spent on creating it?
How r u gonna get the hydrogen out of the water? Is it gonna be by spending energy?

Yes. The trick is to have high enough efficiency that you can drive both systems, which is already a working prototype

Considering you've been claiming your own loosely understood assumptions as fact this entire thread, making up definitions does not surprise me.
Was also good at pointing out that you were also 1 other "poster" I hadn't picked up on yet.
I think that's 4 you're samefagging as in total

I am an enginner and have grown sick of this discussion but I will try to itterate again.

1. It’s impossible. The examples you see are temporary perpetual motion machines. What you need to generate power is an infinite acceleration machine because you must be able to take energy out of the system or it does nothing.

2. True perpetual motion is impossible. Magnets need a lot of force to create and even permanent ones do not retain the same flux power forever. Inevitably these systems dip and the motion stops. You can try it yourself, just get one of those desk thing with the magnet on a string and arrange the magnets below it so it never stops. Leave it alone and forget about it. You’ll notice you always come back to it stopped. This is because any pattern you create will cause wear on the magnets and the reduced flux field will eventually cause it to fail. This is why no one recommends sticking powerful opposing magnets on a guitar pickup. You can ruin their sound.

3. Infinite acceleration would be needed because you’d need the motion to turn a turbine generator. If your mahine cannot power a generator because it cannot lose energy, then it’s crap. I’d be much more impressed by youtube videos of people making a machine that gets faster and faster and they need to aply breaks to it. That would be interesting at least.

4. No system is lossless or frictionless, even your precious magnets wear out over time.

5. Most of the “successful” machines showing volts in and more volts out are intentionally misleading. Electricity has many properties and volts is just one of them. You can change properties into one another. This device is well understood and called a Transformer. It’s those boxes infront of houses and on poles. It’s more efficient to transmit power at different properties long distance and we use transformers to convert it to home plugs and more transformers to convert that for specific devices.

It’s all fraud right now

There isnt

Solar energy is jsut nuclear reaction. It will stop when their will be not enough hydrogen to keep it stable.

But what about gibbs free energy? Huh? It is literally free energy

And let's call the device that does this a battery, or a motor.
Have you considered what is running those?

My car doesn't need gasoline. Well it does need filled up in the beginning, but after that it just runs...

Yeah man
Like those electric cars that have generators on the wheels which power the motor when they spin so you never have to charge them because the wheels charge the battery and the battery drives the wheels so they go forever
Dude weed bro

Even 100% efficiency wouldn't do that

>I think that's 4 you're samefagging
again, delusional, I've no idea who the fuck you think I'm larping. I'm just the science dude.

>making up definitions
didn't. pretty sure a professor said this once and I just remembered it. should have looked it up tho. pls don't hang on to such fucking small details that don't mean nothing and don't change anything of what I've said

how about you start contributing to the fucking topic

... you can see half of it. That half gets lit and dark. The other half does the opposite. None of it is in permanent sunlight.

>inb4 someone says rust is a slow burn

Crayons, pls. I love coloring!

You can't get something's from nothing. The Energy is something , a machine only capture or converts energy it really doesn't create it.

Moving parts create friction, friction=energy loss which creates a net loss of energy

You've seen one too many HHO videos on YouTube, haven't you?
>dude, it's two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom
>but in a different order
>so it's like water
>but, like, different, right?
>put it in the car and the electrical system electrolysizes it
>the hydrogen goes into the fuel/air mix
>my mpgs went up like, .5 AT LEAST!

Making a claim, determine the claim, being wrong
Yeah user, that shows that you believe things because you think they are correct, not because you know they are.
That puts doubt on the credibility of all other claims you have made.
>Claims to be working on a master's of energy engineering, and doesn't know what fossil fuel is...

>inventing a free energy type magnetic motor
You can't patent perpetual energy devices so what's the point.

I'm glad to see a well written response to this question. I normally wouldn't bother because its Yea Forums but it's nice to see someone trying to explain this.

1. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's impossible, but clearly this "black box" device must put out perpetually increasing energy, not "high efficiency" or zero-sum, otherwise it will not work.

2. Permanent magnets are not exactly permanent and it's field's intensity and shape can be "reprogrammed" with any sustained counter magnetic fields.

3. Agreed.

4. Amen.

5. So basically ohms law.

Doesn't work, the only high enough efficiency for something to just maintain, is 100%, which is impossible. For it to drive something, it needs to be in excess off 100% , double impossible.

that sloppy belt is causing so much friction

you're such a tryhard and wrong on so many levels with this post alone that I don't even know where to begin
instead think whatever the fuck you want, I'm very good at this and will have a 1.5 maybe 1.4 degree in it. hope you've something similar for you instead of being just bitter, now fuck off

>I wouldn't go as far as saying it's impossible
You should, because it is

>but there again it might be something else and by the time we arrive at that point we will have sunk sooo much energy into electric cars that we will look like fools.

>A magic thing that your imbecile dumbass can't even imagine let alone comprehend or create
>A magical hail-mary which 'might/maybe/cross-my-fingers' MAY be better than the best known currently available technology
>End up looking like fools.......
Don't worry about us, you are the fool here.

>Doesn't understand hyperbolic quoting

Thanks user, I read it years ago but couldn't remember the name. There was a whole series if I remember correctly, although the later books got a bit meh.

I agree, a great book.

This. It saddens me too, because my father was one of the most creative and sharp people I have ever known. He taught me a fuck of a lot of critical thinking, improvising, and troubleshooting skills. (He grew up during the Depression and his family had to make due under extraordinary bad circumstances.)
But one of his pet projects over the decades, and one I had a lot of hope for was his magnetic motor. I believed in it. The way he explained it made sense. He built all kinds of different prototypes. He used the relatively low-power magnets he had, and constructed some very clever models with low friction bearings that would run for minutes at a time.
But that's the thing. They all always eventually stopped. Every single time.

When I went into IT, I started having access to dead harddrives. Harddrives have two really cool features that he took great interest in: Really good bearings and really powerful rare earth magnets.

He passed away almost 4 years ago. He didn't get out to his shop much in later years. I visited my mom a couple weeks ago. There was still a massive stack of old harddrives I had given him probably 10 or more years ago. Got a little emo.

I don't know how many of those magnets he ever actually used. And it's not like he wasted his life on it or anything. He had other shit going on that actually paid the bills and such.

But I had thoughts of millions of dollars based on his revolutionary magnetic motor when I was a child. He (and I at the time) didn't understand how truly limited the "unlimited" power of permanent magnets really is, and how eventually they would have worn themselves out.

This is a road I've not been down, but walked parallel to. By all means, if someone can prove me wrong, have at it!

>By all means, if someone can prove me wrong, have at it!
I'll have a try

>ur mom gay

> that I don't even know where to begin
The fact that you did begin was your problem
>uranium and plutonium are fossil fuels
>let me tell you about cold fusion

Kek, this isn't really why the whole story about why Africa is hot and Antarctica is cold. Also antartica is in the south pole and your drawing is showing the north pole....

Look at Australia, that place is a shit hole of heatwaves and it's southern states are in a similar latitude to NE USA, but there is no snow or ice down there.

Time to read about meteorology.

>ur mom gay

Nah, but my fiancee is bi. We left our wives for each other.
(The determination of my gender and/or the gender of my fiancee is left as an exercise for the reader.)

>Must have been a fuckton of them dinosaurs
there really were, the abundance of megafauna for well over 100,000,000 years is astounding and there was plenty of life before them and obviously after.

no u

We're both futas and we got each other pregnant.

Ignore this idiot user >>> That's a touching story. Your dad sounded like a dreamer, and it's nice to hear how he taught you valuable skills in how to be a man. Although his theory may have been slightly wrong, he was probably right on more parts than you know. I'm sure it will come to light at some point in the future that he has the spirit of the correct idea but was missing one or two crucial elements / items / additions which are necessary to be successful with this concept.

It may be that we need another piece of critical technology to be created and made available to the massses (rather that bought, archived, and hordered by the global "elite") or a greater mind to make the connection between x and the missing link.

Why would I be bitter?
You've ranted the entire thread, now you're frustrated because you were wrong about something so simple, and fundamental to the field you are arguing about
It's pretty amusing to see you resort to such a childish fuck you post after all your pomp

>That's a touching story
Ha! Gay!

Gender is a social construct
You are both fossil fuels

Almost none of it is from dinosaurs
It's from the forests, not the animals

what was the books name?

>Your dad sounded like a dreamer
Dreams about touching his penor

I wish Yea Forums had more of these threads nowadays. The retardation is delicous.

Steve

Just because free energy, both Gibbs and Helmholtz, is a finite and usually rather small as well.

>Also antartica is in the south pole and your drawing is showing the north pole....
Holy shit what kind of idiot are you. The drawing does not need to show both poles for us to understand that they are equal distance from the equator and that the angle of the sun would be similar

Just start a thread asking a question about black holes.
Suddenly 100 qualified astrophysicists appear, and they all talk nonsense

Thxfam.
Eh, ya never know. I kinda wanted to experiment with it myself, but thermodynamics is an unforgiving bitch and all energy eventually runs out.
But just in case I'm wrong, maybe some of the details I shared will encourage someone else to try it. Maybe they'll find something that can operate in a narrow energetic profit margin that'll actually make it work.
But as for my dad, absolutely no complaints about how he raised me. He did an incredible job, especially considering the uphill struggle that was his life. He was a true artist in every sense of the word. And there wasn't much he couldn't fix. I have a guitar stand that, after it broke, he welded back together. It's tougher now than it was when I bought it from the store 20+ years ago. I also have a guitar that he literally built.
I'm able to do my own automechanical work when necessary, mostly because of what he taught me. I can only hope I'll be half as good a father to any child I might have someday.

>wrong boundary of a definition that has no impact on scientific understanding at all but is just a word
>fundamental to the field
kek

why the fuck would I be frustrated that you focus on that? I see people not prioritizing the right things every day, I couldn't give less fucks. eventho I question myself a lot I do know my shit and there's nothing you can do about it.

Might do that. Would make a change from all the flat Earth bullshit of late.

Fossils don't real. They was put in the ground by the devil to trick us.

>determination of my gender and/or the gender of my fiancee
Faggot and faggot
This is deduced from the simple principle that there are no girls on b. And because I doubt you found a girl who was lesbian enough to get gay married and then leave for a guy. So, both faggots.

You people are fucking retards. High school physics will tell you why free energy doesn't exist. Fucking kill yourself

because you can't break the laws of thermodynamics, at least white people can't

k
;-)

and than that would be part of your system nigger

What if we learn to jump?

>I'm sure it will come to light at some point in the future that he has the spirit of the correct idea but was missing one or two crucial elements / items / additions which are necessary to be successful with this concept.

>Entire thread discussing how this concept is physically impossible
>You chime in with this retarded shit because it sounds nice

Because money.

No, white people head that law all the time! That's why physics are raysiss.
PoCs get caught breaking laws of physics, they get SHOT! No questions axed.
Neil Degrassi High Tyson is an Uncle Tom that the white science establishment allows to exist as a token puppet for plausible deniability!

>uranium is a fossil fuel
>No it isn't
>duhhhh fossil fuel means limited
>no it doesnt
I KNOW MY SHIT!!!!

Uranium too?

An energy engineer not understanding the difference between fossil fuels, and heavy radioactive elements further enriched by technology clearly shows an impact on scientific understanding considering the most fundamental aspect of your field is energy sources.
>but is just a word
What a retarded argument