In this thread, us boys are spending the day on an island together

In this thread, us boys are spending the day on an island together.

Come on in, pull off your shorts, and talk about life, bond with your brothers. Here are some topics to perhaps get us started. You can answer any or all of the questions, or even put forth your own ideas for discussion. Share with us your art, your projects, your fears, or just tell us about your day. Be sure to take the time to respond to other people's answers and anecdotes, this isn't just a conversation between you and the OP. Don't give simple answers or 'yes' or 'no' answers. If you don't have much to say about it, why should we be interested in listening?

>What is a childish aspect of yourself that you actually appreciate or enjoy?
>What is a childish aspect of someone in your life that you appreciate or enjoy? (Hard mode: Not some girl you idealize)
>What is the scariest nightmare you had, and why do you think you had it
>What is a block you have currently hit in life, do you have a plan on how to get out of it?
>Who is someone you haven't talked to in a while that you wish you have, why haven't you talked to them?
>What is your favorite TV series?

Attached: 1921 - Morning Splendour.jpg (1111x835, 495K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JC9FbGcZXik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You know, there really is nothing like a cigarette after supper. I'm not sure what it is... so satisfying.

Attached: 6e46d6b7389d7af83f0811ab248c12669fe1ab1c06b18e01533565d27819e079.jpg (1600x1200, 400K)

>why do i have to pull off my shorts?

Attached: 1496887036429.jpg (1222x722, 63K)

I shall start us off.

When a friend cam

>What is a childish aspect of someone in your life that you appreciate or enjoy? (Hard mode: Not some girl you idealize)
When a friend of mine came to visit for a month I told him that he wouldn't be able to sleep in the living room and that he would have to share my room. This did not bug him in the slightest, he got excited at the idea that it would be like one long sleepover. He and I have bonded over the nostalgia for sleepovers in our youth.

I have a hard time picking a single scary nightmare, but one I have frequently that I am not happy about is the one where you keep losing your teeth. In some of my dreams I try to put the teeth back in but it just makes more fall out, then I begin to eat my teeth. I even filmed a recreation of the nightmare:
youtube.com/watch?v=JC9FbGcZXik

Attached: 6ba3901b0c1b1103cc7efc6094154526.jpg (1395x1800, 1.09M)

>pull off your shorts
you dong gazing son of a bitch...

You don't have to if you wish not to, I am just thinking back to days of skinny dipping in Guam before we were old enough to really worry about such things.

I cannot say I relate, but I imagine it feels similar to having a cold beer in the shower. That's what I think of when I hear the word 'satisfying' at least. Any other rituals of that sort that inspire that feeling? I feel like that particular form of satisfaction is sort of a 'nostalgia' of physicality. Does that make sense?

Attached: 0000 - Charlie on the Beach.jpg (1814x1177, 1.06M)

Attached: 1902 - Noonday Heat.jpg (1247x777, 477K)

A similar feeling, perhaps would be the sensation of a perfect fit, or an exact match. I see satisfaction as a matter of aesthetics, beauty in completion or consistency. A zen garden comes to mind.

Attached: 98e04cb3db89d794c3074be7b9032998.jpg (640x480, 224K)

Something like that. It's one of those feelings that are hard to put into words. Perhaps it exists in other languages and they know exactly what we are talking about, like that German word that means missing a place you have never been. Have you ever had that experience? I have a similar 'false nostalgia' experience that I struggle to explain when I watch the anime FLCL.

Attached: 0804181619 - Copy.jpg (1560x2080, 1.44M)

haha, trying a different angle from the boys-together-cozy-thread? Gotta get more of this homo shit going !

"It's not homo though!!! Just boys together!" hahaha

Attached: 1503658109661.jpg (520x520, 66K)

I'm sure anytime you're on the beach you're having gay sex, but for the rest of us, it's just a cozy day. Women are welcome in the thread too I suppose, I just don't imagine a lot of femanons on this particular board.

I'm strangely interested in this thread. I heard op saying this in a smooth voice in my head. I'm here lol

I can assure you my voice is far from smooth, I am sick with a cold and my voice is so raspy from all of the coughing. Sorry to disappoint.

Attached: 1532596133057.jpg (1920x1080, 217K)

I am ultimately altruistic. I may hate the world for it being cruel and grotesque, but it doesnt have to be ugly ya know. I know even face my cold self I deep down care for others, even if I am watching from the sideline.
>What is a childish aspect of someone in your life that you appreciate or enjoy?
I love it when a friend will always message back even if they dont know how to reply, Just sending something that tells me they acknowledged me to some extent
I usually have really weird dreams where I can live for like 3 real time days in a dream and wake up 8 hours later. It really fucks me up. But one nightmare I had was driving with one of my highschool crushes to school with me and al of the sudden we get into a crash. I blacked out and woke up in a hospital not knowing what happened or who I was. I knew something had happened to me but I forgot everything. When I got out a "day" later I went to school and no one remembered me. With my memories of what happened, I too was forgotten. As if I was a new person and not a ghost. teachers introduced themselves to me and classmates didnt know who I was even though I had a feeling of deja vu. But then I woke up when I went to bed on the third day and I was in cold sweat.
>Who is someone you haven't talked to in a while that you wish you have, why haven't you talked to them?
my buddy Joe, Left a year ago and still have no answer. I looked over the tristate area to where he might have gone, asked everyone every town for public records for maybe an arrest but after a while, I knew he just left and decided to want to not be followed. I tried everything and expended all the resources I had looking for him to no avail. Best buddies since the 2nd grade and now its just empty here.
>What is your favorite TV series?
House MD hands down, funny and I love medical jargon

I've know her for years and we've pretty much been friends with benefits. I love her. she's had excuses on why she can't hang for weeks. She's complaining about me not wearing condoms and shit shot and a pregnancy scare. Idk she's pissing me off. I really want to punch her I'm the face.

>What is a block you have currently hit in life, do you have a plan on how to get out of it?

Recently I realized how unfilled I feel and realized why. I can keep busy with work, but when I have long periods of down time and waste it, I feel like shit. I realize that to really be happy I need to work towards my goals. I've resolved to do this.

>I love it when a friend will always message back even if they dont know how to reply, Just sending something that tells me they acknowledged me to some extent
Interesting, I did not think of this as a childish quality, it seems rather common in today's world.

>I usually have really weird dreams where I can live for like 3 real time days in a dream and wake up 8 hours later.
I have experienced this once or twice, it is crazy how long those dreams can feel, and they give it that sense of real life because of it. That entire story is spooky. Could you imagine having such a surreal experience in real life? I'd watch that movie.

>House MD
I watch this once or twice a year, though I suppose what I do is closer to 'listening' to it. I like to put it on as I fall asleep or while I am editing a video or some other thing that doesn't require full attention. Unlike most people, I actually enjoy the later seasons more than the earlier ones. The earlier ones you can move around and not much matters, but I appreciate the character journeys of the later season. I think more people should look to HOUSE and Wilson's final arcs for inspiration on friendships, they tend to be very shallow in today's entertainment.

>My buddy hoe
I believe we spoke last night about your missing friend, is that him?

That's quite the roller-coaster you took us on in just 6 sentences. Do you have a plan for this?

Finding fulfillment is important, though when you try to force it by doing work simply for the sake of finding fulfillment, it can still feel hollow. I hope you find what you are looking for regardless.

Attached: 1549903096510.jpg (1169x827, 204K)

>weird dreams
Yeah I get them a lot and its really bad when I get out of school for a break or something like it because my body just knows I can rest for a long time and I'll sleep a whole day and a hlaf or even more and Ill experience a whole month in my dreams
>House MD
I love it, I also loved the ending too, It brought a tear to my eyes. But I took medical terminology in highschool and I can understand like 95% of what they are saying and I love knowing that too.
>My buddy Joe
Yeah, we did dabble a bit on him. Joe was the reason why I became altruistic to some extent, We've seen eachother at our worse and best. been in trouble together, even talked our way out of trouble together. We met on a field trip together to a planetarium at our local community college. We shared food together I had gogurts and he had home baked cookies and we traded. Thats how it started out.

nigga this is gay af

Attached: 1548966366051.jpg (1311x929, 296K)

Goodnight anons. Caught this thread right before bud unfortunately this is comfy. Have a good day/night.

Goodnight user, perhaps in tomorrow's thread.

Attached: 1550342306369.jpg (1433x866, 1.12M)

One last bump before I give up for the evening.

Attached: 1550897543694.png (1200x675, 1.46M)