Overrated musicians thread

Overrated musicians thread

Attached: 68D1D0AE-5063-447F-8E1F-7CAA18D85EFF.jpg (500x672, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uoERl34Ld00
discord
youtube.com/watch?v=3uneA-cstZs
youtube.com/watch?v=HzTlB-TjAzM
youtube.com/watch?v=VR90gQ-SIaY
youtube.com/watch?v=4adOz_tps_4
youtu.be/3bklFIanHdk?t=16
youtube.com/watch?v=KH1D1pcQ7Og
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=who is a really good musician&go=Go
google.co.uk/search?client=opera&hs=oiN&ei=Jy90XIu2JrKd1fAPg46y4Ag&q=who is a really good musician&oq=who is a really good musician&gs_l=psy-ab.12...22851.26541..29395...0.0..0.56.146.3......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.50OsF5StrNM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kill yourself faggot

This

Poor bait. Try again.

this dude look like some kinda meth head fam

>meth head
He was. Well, amphetamine junkie. Near enough.

Attached: GettyImages-72291000-920x584.jpg (920x584, 103K)

Nope. Weed and acid. You’d like megadeth pal

Attached: U2.jpg (1548x1024, 896K)

Not bait. Genuinely don’t think they are as God tier as everyone says they are

Attached: 3859A58A-2A2D-4EC5-BEC3-E74EF25307DD.jpg (220x220, 12K)

Attached: p01bqy2j.jpg (960x540, 57K)

I don't see the appeal either, maybe they're just a bit outdated and I don't understand

I totally agree, overrated and fuckin boring.

Beyonce

Musicians. Not niggers

Hate these faggots

Attached: 80FCF987-3571-48A5-BCD3-7E6A20072805.jpg (1000x750, 123K)

Massively overrated. Didn't do anything that other bands hadn't already done, and better. Just managed to get lucky and hit mainstream popularity with it all.

I love Cliff, and I wanted to take offense to this, but I kind of agree. He was a great metal bassist, and by far the best one Metallica has had. But in terms of raw ability, he's really not that high up, even in terms of YouTube bassists.

That being said, I'd still listen to him over the many more skillful players, because his music moves me more.

It's the same with Elvis, and modern day pop stars. Their appeal was to horny young women, who are the worst impulse spenders.

Varg is overrated as a musician & is also WAY overrated as a human being in general.
The cult-ish retards who think that he's some sort of wise prophet, or something, seriously need drink some of that Jonestown "special" koolaid.

Attached: 78dgz16za8q01[1].png (1620x1080, 1.58M)

is this bait??

You mean to say people rate this shit head highly? Next to Randy and Zakk?

Not saying he's shit, but the band could have been fine without him

Case in point: Foo Fighters

Attached: Nirvana-Kurt-Cobain-630x420.jpg (980x653, 65K)

Speaking of

Attached: 220px-Megadeth_performing_in_San_Antonio,_Texas_(27420120171).jpg (220x329, 20K)

Jimi Hendrix.
only considered great because he is black.

>this

He can't sing, his riffs are good, but not mind-blowing. I just don't get why people treat him like a god. Especially when:

>kirk hammet too much waaaah

Have you ever listened to anything before the black album? He was prolific back then, especially compared to ol davey

Dave is not even overrated bruv. A lot of people hate him

Agreed to a certain degree. I think he was massively influential in psychedelic rock, but he can't sing to save his life.

Agreed. Fuck those Beatles faggots. Elvis invented Rock

Dave created thrash metal. Metallica didn't.

These faggots.

Attached: 796D48DE-7DFC-4768-B201-861189A8558E.png (500x500, 187K)

Can’t fucking stand any jam band bullshit
Fucking proto-hippies

Foo fighters suck ass too

Agreed. Being high and a hippie faggot doesn’t make you a good musician.

Yeah, just ignore the other big 3. Dave did it all.

100% agree

Everlong isn't bad, but yeah most of it is trash.

When you can play upside down and left handed you don’t need to sing.

The band isn't so amazing, but Freddie is really mind blowing. Listen to a vocal track of "Don't Stop Me Now" and tell me you could ever come close to that level of control and power.

You can't have overrated musicians if they're dead. It doesn't mater how much attention they get, they're still a corpse. Overrate the ones that are so full of shit they can't open their mouths without sounding like Paltrow steaming her vag.

Kanye was overrated as fuck until he went to the WH and become Trump's honorary Slave

Should’ve rode off into the sunset a long time ago. Now they are just annoying, mainly Grohl.

Freddie was a child prodigy on the ivories, and they still study his vocal abilities and the octaves and vibrato he was able to conjure up.

Attached: images (1).jpg (451x680, 24K)

>playing left handed is more impressive than playing right
>when you're a lefty

Michael Angelo Batio did that same gimmick, but his audience wasn't so loaded on acid that they didn't notice his music was shit

Exactly. I know friends who've spent years training their voices, and the vibrato just doesn't compare. RJD was another one who had immaculate control, especially for the power he was putting out.

Sounds like you got a problem with the fact he was half black.

who tf actually thinks that. i agree he's massively overrated as a musician, and while i like to listen to some burzum and i can appreciate his impact on black metal, i can barely listen to his self titled album without cringing.
his philosophy is a fucking meme and he's basically just reliving his mid-twenties because he couldn't pump out the typical pseudo-subversive bullshit that people in their twenties usually post on on social media.
but then again, there's family varg, nature varg, and not being a fucking burden on society and mostly self sustaining varg, and i honestly admire his way of living. i'm too lazy and spoiled to pull that shit. gotta give credit where credit is due.

Fuck you nigger.

Despite his alcohol and drug use, he has aged well.

well yeah, his dick wasn't a full BBC, and so all those white wimminz he was impregnating didn't get the proper black seed

Disgraceful

0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 6 5 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 ....

That's because he was always an ugly bastard. Emeril Lagasse looks great too, because he was fat and old at age 30.

Attached: 2651B6B6-20E1-4B93-B917-9A794D87B4D1.gif (400x200, 1.76M)

He's literally the greatest guitarist alive though.

Poopy di scoop

Attached: images (36).jpg (660x450, 27K)

Surprised RHCP isn’t in here yet

who is this niger virgin mustage fag?

They're only overrated by alcoholics who never wanted the '80s to end

He is the greatest at using a guitar to emulate 80s video game music.

Shred is so retarded.

>op
>a fag
yeah Jimi Hendrix only gets props because he's a black guy and also other guitarists give him props for his guitar but only because he's a black guy

> greatest at using a guitar to emulate 80s video game music
Wrong, and Buckethead writes in virtually all genres.
youtube.com/watch?v=uoERl34Ld00

>Literally any modern nigger rapper

Musicians anons

discord
==========
.gg/23f82x

Spot on. Metallica fanboys are just fucking worst, when it comes to being objective about technical perspectives on music.

They think Lars Ulrich is the best drummer ever and Kirk Hammett is the best guitarist ever. Just because Metallica, which is one of the most overrated and banal bands in the whole existence of metal music.

Attached: kekkerino.jpg (442x426, 27K)

00 00 30 00 03 000 78 8- 000 00 00 03 00 30 000

>be me
>VIP tickets at festival
>hear that there is a VIP meet and greet for Megadeth
>not a fan, but it's free for VIP so why not
>fully advertised as "MEET MEGADETH"
>ask the handler who is supposed to be there
>she says [paraphrasing] "the whole band"
>first in line
>first into tent
>it's just Chris Broderick and the bassist (lol)
>Chris was a swell dude
>hear that since the signing didn't have AC Dave didn't want to show
>fuck Dave

Queen as a band was phenomenal. All of them could sing, compose, play their instrument to compliment each other, they played as a whole and did fucking epic songs that nobody else could recreate.

Queen is top-notch rock band with exquisite musicians and Freddie Mercury is one of the most best singers in the rock music history. And that is really a technical standpoint, when it comes to range, delivery, power, performance, consistency etc. He did have his bad habits, but even when he was dying of AIDS he still pulled off song 'Mother Love', which was the last track he ever sung in studio. And that song is fucking hard to sing and most of the modern singers wouldn't sing anything like it, if they were so weak that they couldn't even stand. So there's a reason, why Freddie has cult following as a person and as a musician.

And about overrated musicians, let's see:
Ed Sheeran, The Beatles, all modern metal core bands equal shit, Katy Perry, Christina Aquilera, Disturbed etc. you name it.

Attached: oh_fuck.png (1246x925, 1.04M)

Phaggots

...nah bud, imagine it's the 60's and you live in fucking rural Nebraska and the only music you have to listen to are fucking showtunes and gospel choir.

Jimi was like actually seeing Bigfoot for those people in that era.

Listen to his Colma and Electric Tears albums. Also Heaven is your Home, which he wrote for his dead dad. It'll make you cry.

He's known for shredding, but his actual music is pretty far from it most of the time. You can thank mid-2000's guitar community for that, which appreciated speed over everything back then.

Foo fighters are fucking trash.
nigger-tier tastes
Agreed, Queen is aids

Just a boy band that's it.

Fair enough, they were a great team, but without Freddie they wouldn't have been half as good.

They would've been successful musicians for sure, but not in legendary status. Freddie made sure of it by his skills as he brought the songs to life.

slash

Attached: IMG_2264.jpg (1000x1505, 327K)

You know what you need for a Beatles reunion? A pistol and two bullets.

His album work was great with GnR, but he was too much of a drunk to perform like that routinely.

Who are these Faggots?

I don't even know who those faggots are, but I can already tell I fucking hate them.

This user gets it

agreed
but back in their day they were really BIG shit
you have to consider it

>dat edge

Varg himself never ever said he was any of a great musician, but some of the melodies and riffs he put in Burzum are really sweet. Simple and all, but still manage to put an image and somewhat tell a story.

Looks like he's trying to deal with the entire killing a 25 year old kid in cold blood by making those videos and seeking the acceptance of young people by telling the same story over and over, with weirdly different details every time.

They were big because they were hooked by a decent record company that pushed their faces on every media.

If shit is all you've been served to eat all your life, you'll think shit is the best thing there is to eat. Beatles were on tv, paper and magazines, just like the boy bands of the 90's and on

I like them. Their shows are always a lot of fun but I don't understand the massive devoted following they have.

Agreed. I'd say Freddie was 85-90% of their talent, Brian was like 10-15%, and the other two mostly just played their roles well.

I assure you, if Lars had died instead of Cliff, he would be remembered as one of the greatest drummers of all time.

Who are they? They look like accountants

tell me user whats your taste then?

>weirdly different details every time.

His story has stayed consistent, I don't know where you're getting this from?

But cliff was actually GOOD at bass. Lars has always been mediocre and this has always been a thing.

Imagine dragons is niggerfag tier trash as well.

hey, it's fine to have unpopular opinions but you should at the very least bother to make an argument for them. lazy bait.

It’s not about what I can or can’t do. It’s about what’s overrated garbage. And queen is at the hieght of normie trash.

Also Freddie died of gay aids so yea....

Wish he would get lynched already

These fucks are overrated as shit. Had like three good albums and the rest us garbage. Also buckethead is a God!

Attached: 1200px-Metallica_at_The_O2_Arena_London_2008.jpg (1200x914, 185K)

>normie trash

In other words, it's not a no-name electronic music hack or shit-tier metal band.

First four albums are incredible though. Plus their garage days stuff. Plus, there's plenty of high-paid acts who would kill to have even stanger on their discography.

Compare Slash youtube.com/watch?v=3uneA-cstZs
To someone actually good like Clapton youtube.com/watch?v=HzTlB-TjAzM
Slash is a total joke

Any rapper ever....

Fuck this guy. Slash is garbage. He has been hyped, thanks to guitar hero, to the point that people do see him as a guitar God, when he is just an okay guitar player.

Sorry user, the hate for him clouded my comprehension abilities.

Yeah, and then everything else after that has been a smoking pile of shit. Their best shit was everything Dave Mustaine was involved in. He was the brains and it shows.

Eh, Clapton bores me. I'll give you, he's talented, but his music just doesn't move me. I can't really get into blues in general. But that's more of a personal preference than anything.

Not defending Slash's talent, btw.

Couldn't disagree more. Dave was only involved on Kill 'Em All, and only in writing. Dave is a decent guitarist, and a shit singer, and his current career shows it.

Same. I recognize his talent, but I am not a fan of all his music.

Clapton did a LOT of genres youtube.com/watch?v=VR90gQ-SIaY

Which is why I said I dont like all his music. But indo like it.

Not bad, good psychedelic vibes. Admittedly, better than what I've come to associate him with. But still, it wears thin by the second chorus for me and the final solo just sounds like so much else I've heard.

Though I will concede on my last point, that's mostly because he's been hugely influential.

Burton shreds. You;re a fucking idiot

Yeah it feels trite because it was so emulated afterwards. Like era defining but generic in a modern ear because it all gets lumped together as an era.
It is hard to think about music in the sense of its time to a point where you can follow a chain of influence

Eh, there are a lot of rappers who get exactly the amount of respect they deserve. For every Kanye or Eminem, there's an amazing lyricist like Joyner Lucas or Ubiquitous who gets more average responses.

If you can’t appreciate Burton you don’t know enough about music

Dime bag darryl is a piece of shit

Agreed. I did amend my statement here
But yeah, I am from a younger generation so it's hard to hear the influence in reverse and make fair judgements. My dad did a good job though. Played a lot of The Doors, and Steppenwolf, and Creedence. So I'm not totally hopeless. lol

Love how they acted super hardcore when they started as glam faggots

Attached: Dimebag-Darrell-pantera-3263884-1049-809.jpg (1049x809, 159K)

Oh nigger please. They still put on the best live show going on today. And the new Atlas Rise album was kickass. Kill yourself, fucking edgelord FIRST 3 ALBUMS DUDE faggot.

It's all show business man. You find an image that works, and you stick with it. It's like that faggot from Stain'd. He made his fuck you money, and then said fuck you.

Unfortunately, he said as much to the fans as the industry, which is a douche move, but still.

People who think the Beatles are over rated are retarded. The Beatles are one of the best bands ever, because they did a variety of musical genres well. From boy band, to psychedelica, to country, to folk, to rock. And they did it all in less than a decade.

T ° H ° I ° S

But yellow submarine cannot be forgiven

Clicked this thread knowing some brain dead faggot would try to claim he doesn’t secretly like the greatest band of all time.

Nope, Iron Maiden are doing that. Metallica are still busy putting piercings and make-up on.

The band IS overrated, but Bono is a great singer and lyricist at times. He's also a self-entitled douche who preaches politics constantly, but I try to separate the art from the artist.

Brian, Garrett, and Vinnie are alright.
But fuck Jesse Lacey. He's a prick who literally deserves assrape.

Attached: Nand Brew.jpg (301x168, 10K)

Over rated musician? Frank sinatra. He's such a mediocre, lazy singer, that got fame through good looks, and mob connections

Yeah, but if you take away his sunglasses he loses his power.
Of you take away The Edge's delay pedal, he loses his.

I hear there are two other guys in the band too.

Yellow submarine is OK. Not great, but ok. Drugs will do that

>normie trash
Retard alert.

Queen was a band of misfits creating songs not suitable for the radio or albums, by misfits, for misfits, which resulted in music so lovable it had something for everyone.

Go listen to fucking Rolling Stones if you want normie trash

Bruce Dickinson is pathetic live. I just saw them last year, and I can put up a video to prove it if you'd like. He can't hit any of his screams. Plus, the stage show is super corny with guys in goofy mummy costumes and a giant eddy hanging from strings. I just saw Metallica for my birthday. James put up crazy screams during Whiplash. Their pyro is second to none. And they're doing amazing things with technology to step up their stage show. Like an army of drones flying in unison to the song Moth to Flame.

eh i won’t rant... george harrison was the only one really onto something. they were more brilliant in the studio with ingenuity and creative recording techniques that now a lot of people copy and use... ringo was shit

aw :( 4/4 fag spotted

That may be true, but it's not like we'll ever find out.

Attached: 220px-KRichards01.jpg (220x338, 26K)

I'll give you serious props for Iron Maiden. But Metallica is clearly an on par peer. However, Bruce can't hit the highs any more and they're about to go the way of RUSH.

Fair enough. I enjoy Finnish industrial metal when I'm drunk, so I can attest to drugs making shit music sound okay.

Go fuck your dead mother you piece of shit.

Jerry couldn’t handle the Persian, so all their fans and their fans children have to listen to something that kinda but not really resembles what the only true jam band ever put out.

If you aren't from Richmond VA, you probably haven't heard of them, but they're starting to blow up and I have no idea why.
Three instrumentation is great, but the vocalist's voice is flat af. Even Courtney Love could sort of pill that off, but this chick can't.
Her connections to promoters has helped them get good press, but their shit is lackluster. The RVA scene had some great music once upon a time but it's fucking dying and "bands" like this are why.

Attached: Pres Sam.jpg (300x168, 9K)

>this

everyone is impressed that Jagger can still sing his tunes. Meanwhile, I'm like
>who CAN'T sing his tunes?

You want to see a really impressive old dude, look at Fogerty.

Disagree. Was breaking the mold for black players to play the blues without standard format and limitation. He was free and soulful.

paece and loov
paece and loov

*was

Harrison is my favorite beatle. I'm not a huge Beatles fan, but his songs were Mt favorite of them.

Signed. I love Iron Maiden but Bruce just can't do it anymore. Same with Geddy Lee of Rush and someone else who just left my fucking train of thought, holyshit once you hit 50+, everything goes to shit. Your voice, your eyes and your memory. Fuck me.

Yea look at Fogerty, by himself on stage cause he fuckin hates everybody.

>implying one only listens to eletroshit or shit metal

Kys

NO MORE AUTOGRAPHS AFTER OCTOBER TWENTY. I SAY THIS WITH PEACE AND LOVE.

peace and love peace and love

youtube.com/watch?v=4adOz_tps_4

What do you guys think of this? I want to hate him, but I fucking love that voice for some reason

Yes sir. He was also the only one who took the india trips, and hallucinogenic period to actually grow as an artist an expand his mind without it just being hippy stoner drug addict music.

I can never forgive Clapton for sacrificing SRV.

Here comes the sun was the definition of hippy stoner music

(IMMUNITY POST - If you say Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray Vaughan, David Gilmour, Zakk Wylde, Edward Van Halen, Tony Iommi or Randy Rhodes - You must leave 4chins. If this post is dubs, you must KYS).

> pic related

Attached: trumpjuice.jpg (652x800, 200K)

Annnnnnnnnnd you failed.

the feels. THE FEELS.

*it's floodin down in Texas....ALLLLLL of the telephone lines are down*

I'M WARNING YOU WITH PEACE AND LOVE

Possibly the funniest rant from a musician besides James Brown high as fuck on CNN

I love when Howard Stern gets on a roll with that clip then they start doing it in the studio. Funny shit. I love it.

>Tony
>Randy
>Zakk

And then he had to work with chicken head...

Queen was ok, Freddie is the GOAT though, I challenge you to find someone better.

Thank god Zakk is back. Fucking GODLIKE.

Hell yeah. I miss good Stern. Bits like that are getting rarer all the time. I really miss stuff like Wood-Yi or Daniel Carver. Where is the Bill Cosby impersonator doing date rape jokes? I just don't care about the new staffers like I did with Garilla or Boy Gary.

Oh well, at least we've got 30 years of tapes to pour over.

That guy is really incredible. Anyone can shred, but to do it with that much feeling is insane. He's a worthy successor to Randy Rhoads.

WAKE UUP WHITE PEOPUL! One of my favorites was Billy West back in the day. Man his impressions especially doing Marge Schott were fucking insane hilariousness. I even loved Artie's schtick. Hated to see him burn out. But you're right, thank god for the newsgroups and their retention. And a baba booey to you all.

In terms of raw power and control, I think Dio was second to none. But he just didn't have as many gems in him as Freddie.

These faggots objectively sound terrible

Attached: soad.jpg (807x366, 37K)

ITT: millenial garbage with 0 perspective about music

yall are fucking clueless

I agree. People talk shit (people who've never played guitar) about how he's just "quickly playing notes" but holyshit to those of us that play guitar, the dude is a BEAST. Check this out, just freestylin. Holy fucking shit.

youtu.be/3bklFIanHdk?t=16

WAKEUP!
BEJJABEEJABOOJABOJJA MAKEUP!

Or ignore the whole NWOBHM scene, or Venom as laughable as they were

hehe what a virgin

>im salty because i lost a battle of the bands to them

Oh maaaan, Billy West. I gotta go listen to a compilation of him. Raymond Burr, Marge Schott, Frank Sinatra, Larry Fine. Plus that generic black voice he did by shoving cotton in his mouth. That guy easily deserved Jacky's seat. Although Artie definitely earned it too.

HEY MOE.. haha shit i miss those shows.

FUCK YOU CLIFF IS GOD STEVE HARRIS IS A ONE TRICK YRIPLET NIGGER, YOU FUCKING DYKE

Kurt I’m a faggot Kobain

And to think he's got hundreds of videos like that... as a fellow guitarist, it makes me feel like I'm not putting in anywhere near enough work. LOL

One way to tell a great guitarist is to listen to covers of their songs. Just try to find a decent cover of the solo in Stillborn. Nobody gets it right, because it's just so damn impressive. And it's hardly his best.

Admittedly Chop Suey is insanely overrated, but some of their stuff I love. Like Holy Mountains.

He's a great guy personally. I've met him 4 times over the years and he's super humble and very funny. Great guy, great guitarist. Hope he hangs around for many more. Glad he got off the sauce.

see
I think more and more people are starting to wise up that he wasn't all that great, he just died and that gets you more cred than actually being great.

Lars is best metal drummer 1989, but that's about it. My favorite guitarist is actually Tony iommi

I've heard that. I've also heard he's a damn giant. He definitely has those hard-working-dad sausage fingers.

Tony got lucky though. He could have just been another average rock and roll guitarist if it wasn't for his accident.

Still, his influence is legendary.

Completely overrated and the only electronic musician that normie NPCs even know that isn't some wubwubwub EDM rubbish along with Boards of Canada.

Attached: aphex.jpg (900x900, 56K)

John and Paul were good songwriters from the get go, Harrison was next to useless until he got into India and Hinduism, and Ringo was a solid drummer. They do have alot of "firsts" when it comes to experimenting with musical concepts.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-24-01-27-16.png (720x1280, 803K)

Haha no. Go listen to "Pink Cloud" and tell me that bitch is on key.

I think the Eagles and Led Zeppelin are overrated garbage.

Any nigger rapper with a tattooed face
any pop whore
any non classic hard rock piece of shit

kanye is fucking garbage,and he's even worse now being trump's house nigger

Just listen to modern music and then listen to led zep, and you still will be thinking like that then you are just an underage fag with an absence of taste

The first album was decent. A variety of sound and intriguing enough but then they immediately sold out and started making heavy radio music. Bought into that easy pop money

I’ll watch some of the all time greats and then turn on SRV live back when he was still getting throwed off and just fuckin blows my mind Everytime. Al Collins said it best. SRV played the guitar like he was bustin out of jail

Zeppelins sound is good, but their thinly veiled sexual references just didn't age well. I get that they were edgy back then, but fuck is it boring now.

Fuck the eagles

There's a reason 99% of their radio play is Hotel California

I met the guy at Ozzfest back in the day at the autograph booth, he's actually just about my height and I stand 6' even. But he's got a big personality, grabbed me and my girlfriend in each arm and literally poured beer down our throats while he yelled woo-hoo or something. He's got a friendly biker redneck vibe going on, like somebody out of a Smokey & the Bandit movie.

>Ringo was shit
Pleb-tard opinion. The way Ringo played fit the band perfectly. His beats/fills had a lot of character, and were a good match for the songs. Plenty of their songs could be recognized through the drum track alone.

And according to his bandmates, only about a half-dozen recording bloopers in their entire career were because of Ringo. He was reliable, steady, had impeccable rhythm, and brought a lot to the songs. What more do you want? Do you think The Beatles would’ve sounded better with Neil Peart or John Bonham pounding away at an oversized kit?

Soo...he was behind that!?

Attached: pk32bjpckpi7bt7c4227856082600.jpg (1596x1124, 130K)

(01) Elvis Presley
(02) Michael Jackson
(03) Home Free (all of them)
(04) Metallica (all of them)
(05) Eminem

..... if you need a more extensive, erudite and well informed list, you only have to ask.

truth told

how are 2, 4 and 5 overrated?

They're fucking shite.

autistic monkey explain why you think so

Literally who?

Who the fuck is Home Free?
And I never liked Eminem, from the day he came out. He's talented, sure. But I just never could get down with his perpetual pity party about his daughter or whatever.

Greta Van Fleet

Attached: 430522BF-FF93-495D-8228-2A664022F31B.jpg (557x861, 188K)

I just looked it up on Wikipedia
and it confirms the widely accepted opinion:

> Article Title: Overrated Musicians
> (01) Elvis Presley
> (02) Michael Jackson
> (03) Home Free (all of them)
> (04) Metallica (all of them)
> (05) Eminem
> Artistic Credibility: total shite

--
PS - Google does not disagree.

At least they can play their instruments and sing
youtube.com/watch?v=KH1D1pcQ7Og

Jimi Hendrix

Yep the beatles fucking blow

Michael Jackson definitely, also molested a bunch of children

Oh wow, so I'd actually be taller than him. But then again, the rock world is filled with manlets, to be honest. So he probably just looks big by comparison. He does sound like a blast to meet though. I met Shaun Morgan from Seether one time in a rock bar, and he was way cool. Nobody else in the room recognized him, but he also wasn't performing that night, just checking out other acts. Bought me a drink, we talked about the bands that were on. It was a cool down to earth experience.

At least I'm pretty sure it was him. He said he was LOL but it could be a similar looking guy just getting kicks by pretending.

Michael Jackson is actually really good though

GET YOUR OWN CAB!

Attached: DeAegq1U0AAJBv4.jpg_large.jpg (271x209, 14K)

As can most of the musicians in this thread. What's your point?

Proof?

Eminem is overrated just because he's a rapper. Their only talent is lyrics. They don't make their own music, they just pick a pre-made track and fit a verse to it. Usually, anyway. I'm sure there are some who are more involved, but they're probably underrated by comparison.

>Overrated
>stop liking what I don't like

Metallica is a really talented group, and they have some amazing songs, but they're "overrated" because nobody could live up to the adulation they get. Literally name any musician who is worthy of that level of praise. There aren't any.

I actually enjoy their music, but I get why a lot of people don't like it. I will say that hardcore Phish fans are obnoxious almost to the level of Juggalos, and I hate being around them.

>They don't make their own music
>They
>literally all of them
>there has never been a single rapper in all of music history
>who created his own beats
>or music
>ever

He is crazy good but his music is so soulless

yeah, at the end of the day they're just people.
I've heard Danzig is a real dickhead, though.
And Yngwie Malmsteen is supposedly such an asshole that it's become legendary at this point.

Moldy Peaches deserve twice the adulation of Metallica. "Who's Got the Crack?" is one of the greatest songs ever written.

Bono had a great voice in his youth but they got too political.

Not according to Wikipedia or Google.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=who is a really good musician&go=Go

google.co.uk/search?client=opera&hs=oiN&ei=Jy90XIu2JrKd1fAPg46y4Ag&q=who is a really good musician&oq=who is a really good musician&gs_l=psy-ab.12...22851.26541..29395...0.0..0.56.146.3......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.50OsF5StrNM

There's such a thing as being overrated. I like a lot of the bands in this thread, but there's no doubt they get praise that's way too over the top. I try not to put any musicians up on a pedestal like that, although sometimes I succumb. Can't be helped, but I also don't demand that everyone else praise them the same way.

Cliff did an amazing version of Wheels on the bus.

He was mostly just a self-important little fucktard who hated life. Most people who idolize him are the same kind of people in my experience.

Basically if you enjoy life or are at least a reasonably well-adjusted person, and don't think that the entire universe revolves around your feelings, you probably won't get Nirvana.

juno from xtreme. c.c deville from poison is also a guitar god.you clearly have no love for the old stuff when music was music

Like I said, I'm sure there are some who do, but they don't get Eminem levels of attention.

Perfect example:
Timbaland is more known for songs that he produced than his own music.

gonna have to disagree a bit. elvis did change how we listen to music. much like that faggot michael jackson and i really hate admitting that.

>Immigrants to the US
>Complain about the US

Fucking kikes

Wrong

remember the Napster days when these idiots went full-tilt capitalists? They had more money than God, and were still crying they were losing money. Fuck 'em. Shit-tier music anyway.

Oh lord!!

You could pretty much put any rapper on this list. Ever since black people decided to stop playing instruments and start writing illiterate poetry about wearing expensive watches and shooting each other, they voluntarily relegated themselves to the back of the music bus as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, but I would be bitter too, if I was Yngwie. He influenced metal in a huge way, but his music never got any attention except from other musicians.

Can't really blame the public though. You gotta appeal.

The original bassist of Metallica, died in a bus accident in 1986, roughly 20 years before you were born.

Dave's stuff is so hard to play

Well now you just sound silly. Stop it.

t o o
s o o n .

Their songs are all novelty. Freddie mercury had a great voice, but they were like a joke band.

Wasn't he like half native american?

They should have been heavier.

It should have been Lars

Fair point. But I like Linkin Park, and Chester's lyrics could fit that description too. (Kind of surprised they're not in this thread yet actually)

I think with Cobain, it's a combination of things. He sang all those whiny sad lyrics with an air of not really giving a fuck. And that just comes off as pretentious.

You rotten swine.

You're right, he was a real "musician's musician," like Steve Vai or Satriani, but unlike them he never got a lot of credit or big movie deals. Michael Angelo Batio kind of falls in that category too, but he's all smiles. Never was a huge fan, but I met him at a guitar clinic and he had the best personality of all time.

If you listen to actual blues from around the turn of the century through the 1940s or so you might like it better, most of the 1960s British guitar kings that emulated the blues like Clapton and Page and were worshipped at the time haven't really aged well imo.

half Cherokee, yes.
His grandfather on that side of his family was supposedly a medicine man, and his grandfather on the other side was some kind of voo-doo witch doctor. Who knows though, that could all be rock&roll mythology.

I preferred him after 1986

Yngwie was your classic fretboard wanker and no one could take him seriously

everyone is overrated in this thread

uwu
You smell silly!
:3

Narduar the Human Serviette is the best music journalist of all time!
Simon Says is the best punk band of all time!
PDQ Bach is the best composer or all time!
Morris Day and The Time is the best Time of all time!

This is literally the best summation of U2 I've ever heard.

True, but I honestly think the movement could have taken place without him. Just maybe not as quickly. Rock and roll was destined to be great, he just got the best seat on the ride because he was handsome, and did things that were outrageous and sexual for the time.

So in a way I agree, he did solidify that rock-star image in a totally new way.

>la la la la la la
>na na na na na na
>hey hey hey hey hey
>ooh baby
lyrical FUCKING GENIUS.

Attached: 1529977990463.gif (460x500, 591K)

Lars

Aww, I love Cliff, but that got a solid kek

Steal This Album is still one of my favorite records. Everything else they did was pretty meh.

THIS

But Tiny Tim tops them all, I'm sure you'll agree.

>he just died and that gets you more cred than actually being great.
he was overrated before he even died. he was just a moody, entitled, selfish prick who appealed to an entire generation of the same kind of people.

MAB is really scary talented, but yeah it's that thing where you still need to wrap it up in an easy to digest package to get the public to listen.

But hey, at least he'll give YOU the keys to the lamborghini.

He had the most hardcore death, after Dimebag Darrell. Keeled over on stage, in the middle of his set, fell into the audience.

If Kurt Cobain hadn't died, 95 percent of the people on this board would have no idea who the fuck he was.

Buckethead is one of the best.

Attached: queer.jpg (700x575, 102K)

Elon Musk was overrated as fuck. That "Manhattan Signature" album was pure garbage. I googled that shit and did NOT thank him later.

I saw that album on vinyl in a store.

I almost did it.

But then I chickened out.

>how is Eminem overrated
You have to be 18 to post here.

It's mostly noise and the political ravings of some guy of questionable sand-nig/jew ethnicity.

No, wait, he had the 3rd most hardcore death. I forgot Great White. They literally burned alive on stage.

I heard about that. A true performer till the end. Didn't he break his uke in the process?

I remember Howard Stern saying he's one of the few people who actually looked the same in his casket as he did while he was alive. Which was mean, but damn if it didn't make me laugh.

said the faggot.

Attached: helen-keller-m.jpg (375x500, 57K)

Only one of the band died tho. Whole shitload of people in the audience, however...

Attached: 1545302233184.jpg (800x640, 103K)

Honestly, Armenians have a right to bitch. The Turks haven't even admitted to the Armenian genocide.

Not saying their music isn't crap, but still.

>Not saying he's shit
I am and foo fags should eat the shotgun, too.

Jimi Hendrix, Freddie Mercury and every single "rap artist".

Yes
Funny story, he signed my girlfriend's shoe that night with "keep moving forward!" or something and an arrow pointing forward. Later that night, she got whiskey drunk and arrested after a bar fight. Said she sat in the holding cell all night just staring at what he had written.

He was shit, only retarded teens liked nirvana.

I shoot my head hur dur , now im famous.

That video is fucking terrifying man. People all jammed into the doors, flames shooting out around them. After seeing that, I always look for multiple exits in clubs like that before the show even starts

Don't get me wrong, if I had an armenian and a turk, and a gun with 1 bullet, I'd shoot the turk and bash his head in with the pistol for good measure, and they didn't even genocide my people.

Attached: aaaa.jpg (400x265, 18K)

Good analysis. I never paid any attention to Queen, and went to that stupid movie with my lady. I spent a long car ride listening to their catlog on spotify, and didn't really like maybe 87% of what I heard, but credit where credit is due. Those guys were all talented, and Freddie had a serious set of pipes. Too bad their songwriting was such an inconsistent mess.

His whole "I don't give a shit" image was carefully constructed and maintained, and I think that's what irritates me about him. He was one of those guys who probably ripped holes in his own jeans. I read a biography about him and he was insecure and narcissistic as all fuck. He used to call MTV stupid and pretend to be some kind of anti-rock star that didn't give a shit, but he was always calling his label to complain that his videos didn't get enough airplay, and he was obsessed with how his albums were doing on the charts.

He didn't invent shit. He stole it from others.

Attached: 21b502e51c553169a4c0df4d07607598.jpg (1020x677, 24K)

I mean... Yeah! DUH!

I just figured that went without saying... But you're right to spell it out.
Tumblrinas and twitterites don't get subtext, and you have to sell things out for them. And that goes 10x for Yea Forumstards.

THIS.
I can play that kind of style but I take more influence from Pearl Jams guitarist or frusciante. The civil rights movement definitely propelled him as well.
Even for black musicians he isn’t good, he’s no BB king or Buddy Guy.

well that's some goofy shit. guy just wanted to shred but fell in with a bad crew lol.

>heavy metal
>musician

pick one

Attached: 1546693838917.jpg (740x707, 73K)

Fuck yes.
Sacrifices to the rock gods.
That was some real Dethklock level shit.

Attached: ActuallyThats...Um...Hmmm.png (636x440, 115K)

He could play left handed AND upside down, too, meaning he could take a normal guitar and play it left handed. He was a master of the instrument and effects.

brutal dubs, user

Attached: 1547636224314.jpg (693x960, 62K)

>ITT

a bunch of trap listening zoomer faggots who wouldnt know a real musician if they punched them in the face and shat in their ear holes.

KEK
He's definitely a cheeseball, but he does seem to have a great attitude, and he appreciates being able to do what he loves.

That picture is perfect for the message

every person who gave a genuine answer should be banned from this site for being a very obvious underagefag

found the boomer

Attached: 1528680862729.jpg (600x480, 38K)

Truth. Chuck Berry is the kind of rock and roll. Elvis is just a white guy who took what blacks were doing and repackaged it to be palatable to white people.
And I'm a right wing redneck and I don't even believe 90% of the claims like that, but that one's pretty fucking indisputable.

Fuck you he was the shit!

>Metallica is clearly an on par peer

no. metallica is trash. i never saw them live back in the day, and after the black album, i wasn't sorry about it.

i did however see them do a few songs at the chris cornell tribute show, and it was amatuer hour, which is not acceptable for those guys. sloppy picking, too much wah - lol, and why the fuck does lars keep standing up from his drum kit? sit down dude, you're just the drummer. then there's james new singing style....fuck. talk about butchering their older material. fucking james trying to sing, guy was never a good singer, just an appropriate singer . i still don't get why they did no just start a new band if they wanted to play shitty shit.

>Even for black musicians
found the racist

Chuck Berry* FTFY
Also, elvis was nothing more than a cover artist. A great one. But nothing more than a guy copying others music.

>being this triggered
sorry dad

Attached: 1551051195148.jpg (1125x825, 901K)

000-000-000-000-000-000-000-000-000-000-000

FUCC YEAAAAAH MAAAAAAHSH WITH ME BROOOOO

I'm 42 and I listen to trap, dubstep, electro house, and a lot of EDM in general.
How tf am I a zoomer?

I like a video of his I saw on Youtube that I'd really have to search for where he's playing at some backyard party and does a shitload of different styles. I can't rate any one guitarist as the best but he's on the list of the best.

because you're obviously emotionally stunted

You're not. You're just a faggot.

But that's okay, you're amongst friends

I'm 35 and unironically listen to Lil Peep pretty often.

Attached: 1528727985613.jpg (633x636, 23K)

Well... You're not wrong! Kek.
But I'm on Yea Forums so that's a fuckin gimme, now isn't it?

I'd use my "haven't seen this much projection since my last IMAX movie" line, but I already used that in another thread, so...

>hello fellow kids!

> Has writing credits on 4/10 songs on KEA
> 2/8 on RtL and just single riffs/melody lines
> Arguably one riff on MoP
> Praised by idiots as the genius behind old school Metallica

I love Metallica and I love Megadeth, but saying things that are blantantly untrue only makes you look retarded

> hurrdurr Dave Wrote 'Em All

Funny you're saying that, seeing as it's kind of a B-side of Toxicity, which is clearly the stronger record. Love both, though.

the shirts for the average poster here

Attached: 1.jpg (3024x4032, 1.46M)

Redpill time: All famous musicians are overrated.

The truth is that making music and being good at a musical instrument isn't really that hard to pull off, it just takes time and repetition. Unless you're writing symphonies or something, most music is structurally pretty simple. Even more musically complex stuff like jazz and prog rock isn't so sophisticated that the average middle school kid can't figure it out if he's willing to put enough time and energy into learning it. I've met people who play guitar as a hobby or who give lessons on Craigslist for $15 an hour who are as good or better as any of the artists mentioned in this thread. It's just a cult of celebrity that started in the 20th century when kikes figured out that you could record music onto discs, and people would buy them if the person whose picture you put on the album cover was attractive enough. The whole thing just spiraled out of control from there, and it's beginning to wind down because A) commercial pop music just plain isn't that good anymore and B) YouTube and shit like that is making people realize that learning a few scales and being able to play them really fast isn't that impressive or unique of a talent. For most of human history, musicians were seen as a source of cheap entertainment who had about the same social status as prostitutes.

Also, Pearl Jam.

Attached: Pearl.Jam-band-1993.jpg (420x300, 26K)