Running a red-light traffic violation help (USA, TX). Just got home after getting pulled over for "running a red light"...

Running a red-light traffic violation help (USA, TX). Just got home after getting pulled over for "running a red light", I would like to fight the case but need advice on how I can succeed in representing myself against this corrupt city. Here are the facts: I entered the intersection while the light was still yellow, but the light did turn red while I was in the intersection. The officer that pulled me over was stopped at the lane perpendicular to my light and claimed that her light turned green as I was in the intersection and is why I am at fault. Seeking all advice. Will bump with fap folder.

Attached: light.jpg (275x183, 6K)

Really need help guys please

Attached: eyeliner.jpg (960x1280, 279K)

Attached: flexible.jpg (166x250, 5K)

Attached: Blow.webm (608x1080, 1.56M)

Aren't you supposed to stop the car when the light's yellow?

Cop should have dash cam video that would show the lights and you driving through the intersection. that would be the main evidence presented. since it's dark, it would be easy to tell if you ran the light or not. most cops don't bother showing up in court, so just go to court and fight it. judge will almost certainly excuse you quickly for such a stupid case.

depends on the state. usually if you enter the intersection while the light is yellow, then it's fine. even if the light turns red while you're in the middle of the intersection, so long as you enter while it's yellow it's fine.

If you are anywhere past the white stop line when it turned red whether you were there when it was green earlier you're at fault.

The plane of the vehicle must completely pass the line where you stop, before it turns red. Meaning, you can't speed up to make it.

Take it to court, plea no contest, get court costs which are cheaper than the ticket usually and no points. There is no point to try to fight such a pissant charge.

i just got a speeding ticket the other day too, what are the odds the cop won't show up to the trial? seems counterintuitive if the state/county wants people to pay their fines

It is odd to be punished for your captor.

this. a cop isn't gonna bother showing up in court for such a common traffic violation. if you enter the intersection while it's yellow, it's 100% legal. it's called a passive yellow. hell, there are people who enter the intersection to turn left, wait until the light is red if the other lane is busy, and finish the turn after the light turns red. this is still considered legal.

it's usually better to just pay speeding tickets than fight them. odds are the cop stated your speed lower than what they actually clocked you at. also even if you were 1 MPH over the speed limit, you're gonna lose. speeding fines are usually cheaper than most tickets and fighting it can result in harsher punishments.

Female cop. Fuckable?

The cop will likely show, it's part of their job. That said, do the second part here: . This is doubly important for speeding, bigger fine and more points if you don't. The only tricks I've seen traffic court lawyers do for speeding tickets are saying your speedometer is out of calibration, in which case you would have to prove you fixed it or calling into question the cop's equipment upkeep, they have to calibrate every so often and if they don't it's inadmissible.

in most places the cop gets time allocated and is paid to be there

you'll still lose. like i said, cops usually ticket you at a lower speed than what you were at. if you take it to court, they'll reveal your real speed and you'll get punished more. speeding tickets are usually cheap compared to most traffic violations. better to just bite the bullet.

OP here, Thanks for the input, I feel like pleading not guilty would be the best option. If the officer said I was in the intersection while her light turned green that means I entered the intersection while my light was yellow right?

OP's story isn't about speeding.

I don't have the option of taking it to court and plea no contest. I either take it to court and plead not guilty or I do no contest and fine/driving class

no, lights turn red at least 2-3 seconds before adjacent lights turn green. if the light turned green while yours was yellow, or even if yours just turned red, then the intersection is hazardous. there's always a delay between light changes to reduce wrecks from people running lights.

you are retarded as fuck and clearly dont understand the topic itt.

Fuckable I guess, kinda want to strangle her to death.

i've already given my advice to OP. read the thread and realize im talking to the dude about a speeding ticket samefag.

Just say you were sneezing, and because sneezing forces your eyes closed, after they were closed for a split second and open again the light was yellow, but you were to close to stop in time without it being a full on emergency stop. And it was safer just to roll through the yellow.

Oh god, traffic school. That takes me back. Don't knock it dawg, there are cute girls there and they show gore movies.

That's the idea behind traffic lights, but they are not perfect and I am firm that I was in the intersection while the light was yellow, if she claims that her light was green while I was in the intersection that means the cycle must be quick and one after the other

Nah I was just trying to get through the intersection after already driving 300 miles today, I wasn't even going fast either 35 mph

i know. what im saying is your advice sucks

if you entered while it's yellow, you're good. sounds like the cop was trying to make quota since February is so short.

In the shithole city of Arlington Texas, ( the poor city stuck between Dallas and Ft. Worth in the middle of the DFW metroplex. The whole city is corrupt, priding itself as an "entertainment sector" cutting money from the school for sports stadiums. Shits trash, city is full of cops that only care about making a quota.

nope. i've done my research after getting a $175 ticket for "blocking an intersection" while being in a crosswalk. speeding tickets are almost always marked lower than your actual speed and cost less than $100. unless you super-speed, the cop will help you out. do your research bud.