Is using waterboarding (or other forms of torture) ever morally justifiable?

Is using waterboarding (or other forms of torture) ever morally justifiable?

Attached: 3542B126-E43B-4EE1-93B2-BCAD512BEB32.jpg (636x488, 58K)

yeah it's fine, stop being a bitch

if they're muslim, yes

well there was 1 guy who died of hypothermia and after looking to his past he was 100% innocent, so no

Is half the shit we do as humans morally justifiable?

waterboarding is inhumane to the viewer since it's so boring.

try it then decide, warning its a bit of a shock to the system even in controlled circumstances

Yea it feels like you’re drowning but in fact you’re not.

I'm not sure torture is ever justifiable. Punishment is usually just to placate the emotions of those dishing it out and torture isn't reliable at getting good information. As far as establishing dominance through fear; i don't see how that's ever benefited society.

>waterboarding is inhumane
>muslims are not human
So yes it is morally justifiable OP(in the case against muslims) we could add niggers too

Morally, absolutely. It is not immoral to hurt evil to save average people. You can't be part of an ideology who has a primary mission devoted to ending lives without being evil.
Remember, Western morality is Christian based. So you can bring down the wrath of God on terrorists.

So if you were in charge of the CIA’s department for human intelligence operations before 9/11 and you got someone who had information about it, you wouldn’t at least try to force it out of him?

Torture is not reliable means of obtaining information. The person being tortured knows that giving up information is the only way to make the torture stop, so they are compelled to make up whatever the torturer wants to hear. Moreover, it gives the one in power reason to inflict suffering regardless of intent.

If you're in a consensual relationship where waterboarding is an agreed-upon part of foreplay with a clear safe word.

>If
hypotheticals are bad ideas to base world policy around.

That's the kind of thinking that leads to talking in anecdotes and saying shit like
>if we can save just one life

What i said in my first comment stands.

torturing folks is bad

define morals
also water boarding is nothing compared to real torture
this thread gonna be full of moralfags preaching thinking a perfect utopia where everyone acts perfectly is possible, shit is unreal, will always be outliers, will always be that one psychopath

You’re not answering the question, so that means that part of you believes that situation would justify torture.

i didn't say muslims were human, i said the torture method was boring for us to watch. not sure if bad reading comprehension or just autistic?

It just gets you the answer you want to hear. So kinda pointless unless the damp person is just confirming data you already know.

yes

If it consistently worked, maybe. But torture often doesn't even work.

The flight school the camel jockeys were training at had already called it in. They weren't bothered about learning to land, triggered alarm bells apparently.

I already answered the question
>humanity is not served by emotional people placating their anger on others through acts of violence that serve no real purpose
The information is unreliable and the act is not moral. Suffering is to be mitigated by good people and leaders.

Don't bother inventing scenarios or use anecdotes and then ask me to respectfully answer you back, you lonely person.

I'd say torture is like the death penalty.

1. It doesn't doesn't as intended, in that it doesn't prevent crimes for which you'd get such punishment.

2. Sometimes you get an innocent person.

Does it make sense to use an ineffective tool, especially when it sometimes accidentally gets used on an innocent person?

So why collect human intelligence at all (torture or not) if the measure of standard is always hearing the truth?

Its better than how they used to torture people...

We know that people will confess to anything under the duress of torture, simply to make the torture end. It's not really effective beyond forcing somebody to agree to whatever you're demanding they do or say.

Attached: 2216-Waterboarding-Seals11.jpg (600x319, 59K)

It was never implied that the reason not to do something is because it has the potential to fail. You're now putting words in other's mouths. Shame.

Prove to me the information attained through torture is more reliable than all other methods and then i'll entertain the notion that causing intense suffering to people has it's place.

You are missing the question. Morality is good and evil, not comparing wounds. Violence is evil, but with one exception, fighting evil. Terrorists are inherently evil. How is it immoral to torture evil for information to do good for humanity? You have the burden of proof. We don't have to prove it is good, or indifferent, because either would be moral.
Good people can't mitigate suffering if the source of the suffering is not curbed. The presence of good people doing good things is neither here nor there.

I was referring to very drastic situations where if you don’t at least try to force something (anything) out of someone then a lot of people get killed, like in 9/11, and you’re telling me that “being humane” should force people to not take drastic measures. That tells me that you have no regard for the lives of good people out of fear that you’ll look bad.

So that means you’re a coward

You're suppose to keep it short and sweet, user. You're showing your bullshit.

Is doing it better. Less room to be caught ironic shitposting online.

1. Remember Bin Laden, and how we got him? How we figured out how to get close to him? Torture.
2. The overwhelming majority are not innocent. That ended the dialogue about shutting down Gitmo under Obama.

it’s a good way to stay hydrated

>Remember Bin Laden, and how we got him? How we figured out how to get close to him? Torture
Source?

Then call it out, pussy. Where is the bullshit?

If it was effective in getting information, then yes, but it isn't. There are other better alternatives

Stop pandering and insulting. Makes you look bad. We done here? you seem to have ran out of consistency if you're the same poster. You have a good one, user.

>The overwhelming majority are not innocent. That ended the dialogue about shutting down Gitmo under Obama.
>That ended the dialogue about shutting down Gitmo under Obama.
>That ended the dialogue about shutting down Gitmo under Obama.
top fucking kek

I think you’re done because you have no counterargument

If it's for fun, yes.

Too much 24, that's what it is.

McCain, the poster boy of anti torture, acknowledged that torture techniques helped get Bin Laden, but still said it was a mistake. Meaning that there was a price for that success, meaning that success is acknowledged to have been a product of torture. That's most recent memory of govt acknowledgement, from someone entirely opposed to torture, who was a torture victim. It's common knowledge, I don't have to source jack shit. Check any rules for citations, common knowledge is exempt, i.e. major historical events within the context: Bin Laden assassination.
Let me guess, you need a source for him dying too? McCain and Bin Laden or just McCain?

Torture fuck no. Beating someone, raping, all that is. Waterboarding is like talking to them is all.

>Let me guess, you need a source for him dying too?
I never said that, you strawmanning piece of butthurt chicken shit.

Why not both?

Underrated comment that will be ignored for being fact

Lol look at you ignoring all the meat to get straight to the fat. Is that why your blood pressure is so high? Don't be a little shit, and get mad when someone slings that shit right back.

It's ignored, because the point is how psychologically damaging it is to have your body fooled into thinking you are dying in one of the most painful ways possible. Reinforcing the potency of functionality does not prove something immoral or moral.

>Lol look at you ignoring all the meat to get straight to the fat. Is that why your blood pressure is so high? Don't be a little shit, and get mad when someone slings that shit right back.
You call that shitposting?

Attached: evil dogger.jpg (960x960, 78K)

Shitposting is for try hards. Bullshitting is where it's at. Who knows what you actually feel or believe?

Take a look at the Joe Rogan experience. Specifically the episode with Tim Kennedy. He has an interesting perspective on the issue.

Attached: 257.jpg (640x540, 54K)

go away evil dogger

This. Force a glass chemistry tube into a persons penis and then approach them with a pliers. Work your way from the head up, you’ll get your answers. Of course make sure you have a blood pressure monitor to make sure they don’t stroke out. Also make sure you tape their head down or they will knock their head on whatever they are tied to until they are unconscious. This is very effective. Now this my friends is torture. Water boarding is weak.

It's mostly useless.

There's a reason the best nazi interrogator used to go on walks with you.

t. Dean Corll

That's literally the entire case and point being made. I mean, it's super effective at being psychologically damaging. It's not just the way it's being used is effective, but any situation it's used is effective as a means IN AND OF ITSELF. Regardless of being captive by hostile forces or training in a controlled situation.

It's not like sex that in context can be degrading or spiritual. There's only one setting for water boarding, and it's extreme.