Guys is college worth it

guys is college worth it

Attached: LAWR8367.jpg (736x920, 118K)

No.

Unless the credentials of the college are legit and there's actually a demand for the field you're looking into, no. Fuck no.

Attached: 1550017674514.jpg (720x480, 213K)

Depends on what you want in life. Sometimes it's necessary, sometimes it isn't.

What do you want to do? (And if the answer is IDK, then hold off on college until you know the answer.)

Get a trade instead.

Attached: 1550423284647.jpg (720x762, 43K)

yes OP

i am in the trades
i make lots of money
because i went to college for it

Negative

Attached: 1502690726867.jpg (500x580, 26K)

might do trade, finance isnt working out for me
how do i know if a fieldsin demand

Attached: AWZL1114.jpg (714x892, 105K)

Did you like High School? Because it’s just like that. Except now you will be COMPLETELY ostracized!

Attached: FE1C2125-4119-46C9-8363-EBDC8028A5D6.jpg (600x330, 39K)

Professional user here.
It all depends on the degree.I have friends with doctorates who are janitors.
I have friends with a college degree that make over $150,000 a year.
Find something that you enjoy that you can thrive at doing. Or just pick the most lucrative and stick it out to make the dough.
Like anything do research and make a wise investment.

Attached: 5712240313_7eafa675a5_b.jpg (800x600, 127K)

it wasn't for me. Maybe it is for you.

Figure it out. Why do you want to go to college? can that be accomplished without college?

Even if you don't end up with a degree or a job in your field of study, college is still 2-4 years of extra learning. It can be quite useful, but if it's as useful as it is expensive is hard to say.

I think the time I spent there helped me to progress quickly in my chosen field...even though that field has nothing to do with what I studied. If I had known then where I would end up, I think going to school for that would have made the journey even easier.

it depends almost entirely on what you go for.
some (most) fields absolutely require higher learning on a college level. Bachelors degree or higher.
some fields could be satisfied with an associates from a community college.
dont just go to college and take an easy degree just because you think college is the right thing to do and youre looking for an easy path.
also, be realistic about the degree youre going for. if you are dumb, dont go for maths and science. if you arent committed/determined/something dont go for business.

it is an unfortunate, but in todays world, and in the future especially, there is going to be more competition and more people with degrees.
its really a crapshoot.
do you go to school, accrue debt, and hope to get a good job?
or do you go right to work, earn less, but not be in debt?

my problem is i cant find something im interested in (cliche ik) im going out and learning about various fields rn but im having a hard time

what i did as think about what kinds of things i would like to do at some point in my life.
then i went to a community college to get a degree that would help me go in that direction.
If i didnt want to go further, then i wasnt really in debt and i had an associates degree that i could use for basic stuff in that field or in general.
then i transferred to a real school for a bachelors.

Look into manufacturing. There is a massive skills gap now and for the foreseeable future. Someone with the credentials to implement automation or automated systems programming can make very good money pretty much anywhere. Industrial mechanics are also highly sought after if you like working with your hands instead of a computer.

that's the kind of thing im going for. ill make my moneys by putting poor people out of work. 'Murica

certification and experience is worth a lot more than any college degree. only go to college if you want to find a gf or fuck buddy. But there is no future in colleges. Certifications are cheaper and equivalent to a masters degree and only cost $200-500 for the test.

Awesome meme.

>credentials
AHAHAHA HE ACTUALLY PAID FOR A UNIVERSITY OF PHEONIX DEGREE

Attached: 1486354131631.jpg (184x184, 20K)

anyone who does one of those online univesities is the kind of person who should just work in retail forever

I'll tell you what I tell my 8 year old. Go to college and do well and you can do what you want. If you don't your choices are limited and usually made for you. The exception is if you have a trade skill. Mechanic that lives next to me makes 90k.

I never went to college and I own my own biz, I make more moneu and im not in debt like every single college kid I know....

Get an associates in transfer studies from a community college and work close to the industry you like part time. Then decide if you need a 4 year degree

Don’t borrow money

This guy is a nigger don’t listen to him. It’s great he started a biz... but he’s too lazy to do the reading.

78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck... so it’s not just “college kids.”

for the sweatshirt only

Attached: tijuanatortillaswillsukstrangermarvelforjust5pesos.jpg (385x385, 12K)

>le strawfish

America -> nah
Rest of the world -> you probably should

Where do live

OP go to college if you want to educate yourself and are willing to take on debt.

Go to trade school if you want to make a lot of money doing 40-60 hours a week of heavy labor for the rest of your life.

murica
new york

100% worth it IF you make an actual effort. Has been a shining star on my resume since i got my BS and employers take it as actual proof that you make a real effort. Now with that said: there is not a single thing you learn in college that you cannot learn at a public library. Seriously the only upside is the bullet on the resume to make you a legit employable person. You can get certificates and entry jobs that will get your feet wet so you can see if you even want that career. A career is a big deal and if you do college, get the debt, and the such just to find you hate the job/environment it will fuck with your head. So i guess yes and no...baby steps

What? Hell no.
Went to a local city college then some other cheap place for a year. Decided it wasn't for me.
Luckily I'm only 20k in debt. Unlike my older sister who's 500k is a bitch an a half. God knows what my little sister will need to pay.

Attached: 298.jpg (402x402, 27K)

No, but feel free to let the liberals tell you what to do.

fuck yea it is, I'm walking into an 80k a year grad job next year

>there is not a single thing you learn in college that you cannot learn at a public library.
Yea, no. In my MBA program we rarely used the books much. You learned everything from discussions and others experience. Two things I learned, chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.(learned the actual application) Also, everything is a game. Besides death, everything else is basically two dudes measuring their dicks.

it used to be. Not anymore.

No, at least in USA. I can't stand living in debt now, even less 15 years back, younger and penniless, with a student debt following all my young life.

Yea Forums seems to be full of people who went for marketing or basket weaving. Going for something in demand and skilled is worth it.

4-5 year apprentice

So he was born lucky with a silver spoon in his mouth and managed to get into daddy's trade union?

Trades DON'T WORK for non-nepotist people who aren't born sucking dadys dick.

Depends on job.