Being an atheist takes as much faith as being any religion that's devoted to a deity

Being an atheist takes as much faith as being any religion that's devoted to a deity.

Prove me wrong.

Attached: wlurb1d68zu11.jpg (960x540, 109K)

ha ha that was really clever ha ha

haha yes

It’s a lack of faith, bud. You don’t miss what you don’t like. Did it take alot of thought to become an atheist? Yes. Does it require alot of thought to be one after that? No.

> Not ordering a sandwich requires you to pick toppings as much as ordering a sandwich with toppings.

I dunno, how much faith does it take to never be told about that shit and never really think about it?

You're implying that it takes effort to continue faith. Not exactly, you could have a boner for Jesus and never have a second thought about if you'll go flaccid.

Assuming to know that nothing exists after life is just as ignorant as thinking there's a special place in the afterlife for you.

it takes effort to stop believing in god if you were indoctrinated as a child

If you're speaking about the atheists who talk about "evolution" and "big bang" to justify why they're atheists, but when you ask them to explain what is the big bang exactly you get

>It's like a big explosion, and then life was created or something, I'm not sure but a lot of scientists believe in that and I stand with them against religion and ignorance!

Then sure.

Yeah well I would argue that if you've been indoctrinated to believe in God, you'll never truly stop believing in Him/Her/It no matter what you do

>what is observation

The only thing the kind of atheists I'm refering to are observing is "what belief system make people look smarter because I badly need it"

Now the atheists who actually look up, study and understand that shit, I have no problem with.

You’re an atheist wrt thousands of other gods. You are 99.99% atheist. yfw.

Attached: 694E995F-B2E0-450B-925A-C13A09790439.jpg (645x671, 76K)

^^

It takes a ton of faith to believe in unicorns despite a lack of evidence. It takes no faith to not believe in unicorns.

Look, I have no qualms with religious folks at all. I was raised catholic, did the alter boy thing, did the sacrements, was in bible studies. Religion just stopped working for me. It’s not important why Iot did just as I don’t really care why you belive. I will sit in my corner, and you will sit in yours. I will propose, though, that while you’re going to church, and while you’re reading the bible, expending effort, I’m not. I am blissfully unaware of religion as a need of mine. I don’t spend effort doing that.

But, look, I will defend your right to worship just as strong as I will protect my guns. I have no issues with you. Please do as you want.

wow that was the dumbest way to put it. in your analogy being an atheist would be to not get a sandwich at all, actually. getting a soup maybe.

if faith is in a soundtrack then yes

meh The God Delusion cured me of any illogical beliefs in a deity of any kind

Not thinking about religion =/= atheism.

Devotion to the non-existence of an afterlife is atheism.

Agnostic is to be blissfully unaware.

Well, I guess I disagree.

The analogy is making the same argument OP is making. Both are nonsensical.

Vaccines cause chemtrails. Prove me wrong.

lole
i met ure mom in 1980

The only thing I have faith in is that my sister wet the bed.

hawt