Why are religions so culty

Why do all religions seem to be structured in such a way as to revolve around indoctrinating new members through fear and war, pacifying them once indoctrinated through promise of happiness, and making that promise conditional so as to control them?

Can't there be a nice religion? Say, one whose doctrine is something like this:
1) There's a benevolent higher power that created everything and loves us.
2) It's okay if you don't believe in it because it loves you anyway.
3) It loves everyone no matter what, and loves every action that does more good than harm.
4) The only things it hates are actions that do more harm than good, and it only hates the actions, not the agents thereof.
5) Though it does not hate the agents of actions that do more harm than good, it does sincerely request they stop.

Attached: yoojey.jpg (350x477, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8OwlLwBGW4c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because the belief in a single god implies that your god is the correct god and people that don't believe in your one true god need to be forced to believe in your one true god for the sake of their own soul. You can't have a religion that also has logic and reason in it, because then it wouldn't be a religion.
What you're describing is also not nice because you specifically say that your god hates things, which is contradictory to you saying that it loves everything. You can't create a religion that makes sense because the basis of religion doesn't make sense. You're attempting to talk truthfully about something that is objectively false. Eat a penis.

>Because the belief in a single god implies that your god is the correct god
It does imply this.
>and people that don't believe in your one true god need to be forced to believe in your one true god for the sake of their own soul.
I don't see how it implies this at all.
>You can't have a religion that also has logic and reason in it, because then it wouldn't be a religion.
Does it really matter whether it would "be a religion?" My point is, why doesn't something like this exist at all, regardless of whatever it would be?

>What you're describing is also not nice because you specifically say that your god hates things, which is contradictory to you saying that it loves everything.
I didn't say it loves everything, I said it loves everyone. Anyone who truly loves everyone would love everything that helps anyone, hate everything that hurts anyone, and hate no one. That's just common sense.
>You can't create a religion that makes sense because the basis of religion doesn't make sense. You're attempting to talk truthfully about something that is objectively false. Eat a penis.
It's not objectively false, it's objectively unknowable with henceforth no rational basis to believe it's true. The best anyone can do is speculate. To assume it's false is the most rational speculation, but the purpose of the doctrine I suggest above is not strict adherence to rationality, but warm fuzzy goodfeels.

Attached: relgon.png (1000x1000, 1.54M)

Attached: yosho.png (271x274, 15K)

Attached: BirdEat.jpg (1024x768, 118K)

Attached: the yujibeast.png (438x477, 179K)

Attached: birds_are_very_important.png (1450x1088, 1.96M)

Attached: the bavibeast.png (742x768, 729K)

>I don't see how it implies this at all.
Because if your god is the true god then that means that other people are believing in false gods and due to that incorrect belief you need to correct them and get them to believe in your true god.
> why doesn't something like this exist at all, regardless of whatever it would be?
There are many religions that are nice and tolerant, maybe do some research into religions and find one that matches closely to what you're talking about
> it's objectively unknowable
oops, except all religions are manmade and there is no such thing as gods or spirits
please stop being retarded on purpose
>the doctrine I suggest above is not strict adherence to rationality, but warm fuzzy goodfeels.
Watch Barney and Friends if that's what you're looking for

Attached: the baviavibeast.jpg (1918x1088, 1.73M)

>Because if your god is the true god then that means that other people are believing in false gods
Yes, I accept this premise
>and due to that incorrect belief you need to correct them and get them to believe in your true god.
I reject this one. I don't see how "that incorrect belief" entails what you claim it entails.
>There are many religions that are nice and tolerant, maybe do some research into religions and find one that matches closely to what you're talking about
Guess I will because I've never heard of one.
>oops, except all religions are manmade
I accept this premise
>and there is no such thing as gods or spirits
I reject this one. I don't see how the undeniable fact that religion is an invention of man leads to the conclusion that it's impossible for there to be any truth to it. There's no doubt it's impossible to form a belief grounded in fact, because there's no such fact to speak of, and the only rational belief not grounded in fact is disbelief; ergo, the only rational decision is not to believe in any religion. However, I reject the implicit premise that all beliefs need be for rational purposes. I don't see what's so wrong with choosing to believe something because it's nice. But only if the thing you're choosing to believe is something which can never be proven or disproved. Because if you choose to irrationally believe something which can be disproved, and such circumstances arise that would disprove it, your belief will cause you to respond to those circumstances in a dangerous manner. For example, if you choose to irrationally believe with all your heart that there's a bridge between two cliffs, and continue believing this in the face of empirical disproof, then that very empirical disproof will physically end your life. But since it's impossible for there to ever be empirical disproof of something so abstract as a benevolent higher power, I see nothing wrong with choosing to believe in one if you want to.

>Because if your god is the true god then that means that other people are believing in false gods
And actually, come to think of it, I don't even accept this premise. Who's to say you're not claiming that everyone who believes in any god actually believes in your god and they just don't know it?

>Watch Barney and Friends if that's what you're looking for
This doesn't make anyone feel good except very young children. I seek something that can make adults feel good. Every such thing I've ever seen is unhealthy.

meh, I don't care about this anymore

based trips of concession

Attached: ripa braps .gif (369x480, 731K)

i also don't even care at the beginning tbh lole

Your fortune: You will meet a dark handsome stranger

Attached: 69829921_p9_master1200.jpg (1200x1200, 515K)

Loser

Attached: enjoying my anger.jpg (960x544, 98K)

I like to believe we are an experiment for a god if there is one. All our actions are neither good or bad to them, but research to them to understand the creation of life and choice

the world is a simulation o:

A god that loves everything would only be a good god if everything was good, otherwise he would be evil for loving evil things. The concept of a God that believes in loving everything or not loving everything is always gonna be perpetuated as long as there are people who love everything or don't love everything.

Attached: oldtop05-12.jpg (500x352, 50K)

God created the entire universe in order to produce saints, when He has enough He'll just delete everything else in it

Your fortune: Good Luck

The churches/religious institution you want die out bcuz you don't go to them. Vid related:
youtu.be/8OwlLwBGW4c
By participating in a strict religious group, you are forced to do and say things that simultaneously isolate you from the outside world and bond you to your fellow adherents. This fosters in-group trust and is key to the sort of community and support people find in them. That in itself is the most important ingredient to successfully create a religion.

Is there really a difference between the two?

Also the religion you're looking for is called "Unitarian Universalism," which if u cud convince them to stop being sjw for a moment would b p nice otherwise lol

The difference is you believe in religion, Cults are something others believe in

Attached: TimeForAnExperiment.jpg (572x877, 76K)

hydra desu

Your fortune: Good news will come to you by mail

Attached: hydra.jpg (850x650, 586K)