Did Bret take wrestling to seriously?

Did Bret take wrestling to seriously?

Attached: 7C45FC43-0280-462D-A7B0-A1567BFEED94.jpg (300x300, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-news-details-of-shawn-michaels-real-life-backstage-fight-revealed-by-former-wwe-champion
youtube.com/watch?v=i-aYHjhyXXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not really. He was just in a setting of bullies and people that didnt take it seriously enough. I mean Scott hall is virtually dead from his own doing and Bret's almost dead because of shitty people.

Bret's legit a hero and everyone thinks hes some jabroni

At times, sure, but that's what made him great.

He had to take it that seriously, that's all he had going for him as a wrestler other than how seriously he took the business

He was a jabroni though and a self mark who went into business for himself.
>Muh im gonna switch companies but hahaha no im not gonna give up the belt lol are u crazy?
What an unprofessional shitter

Yes, but that's what made him so good. I always laugh when other wrestlers call him a mark for himself-- while being marks for themselves.

Hall constantly called him a mark, but Hall is hte one begging people for change because he drank his millions away. Hart was a victim of circumstances and had to deal with a bunch of idiots who constantly went out of their way to try and shit on the thing that he loved and grew up on.

You're a moron. Any guy in Bret's position would've done the same.
>Hey, I'm gonna put you over Shawn.
>Nice, I would never do the same for you if positions were reversed.

Do you think anyone would actually go with doing the job, when disrespected like that? Austin, Bruno, Hogan... you think any of those guys would agree to job after someone told them that? And, Vince was the one that gave him creative control before he left. Most of the shit falls on Vince's lap for being an idiot and letting Shawn run out of control.

Yes

>To

Its funny that Nash and Shawn claim Bret took wrestling too seriously when they were the guys always refusing to do jobs

It's a wonder Shawn wasn't knocked out for real by somebody considering he was pulling this shit at the height of the roids and drugs era.

Reminder that after Owen died, when Bret and Vince met for the first time since the Screwjob, Vince asked Bret “is there anything I can do for you?” And instead of asking Vince to take care of Owen’s family, or to set up a college fund for Owen’s children, Bret said “what I’d really like is to have access to my old matches and publicity archive.”

no
the business would be better if there were more bret harts who actually cared

>1997
>height of roids and drug era

reminder that this guy is a retard who likes to make up stories

Why would Bret ask for charity from the guy who fucked him over?
It's not as if Bret was broke himself either.
Go outside and have human interaction you autist

True. Wins and losses mean nothing nowadays. Back in the day with all the backstage polititians it actually meant something when a guy got beat.

>It's a wonder Shawn wasn't knocked out for real by somebody
did you miss that story where he was beaten to a pulp by marines at a bar

He literally asked him for charity (access to his match archive that he didn’t have any rights to) you absolute fucking brainlet

Define “care” this generation probably has the biggest crop of guys doing it for passion over money

He was. Shit, Bret fucked him up early that summer.

>this is somehow remotely the same thing
Shower/Weights/Clue/Sex/Test/Social Awareness

They don't care about their image or treating things seriously. Everything has to be done with a wink and a nudge like them looking into the camera and saying "yeah we know how ridiculous this stuff is but just go with it hehe"
same way so many movies today use humor and quips as a safety net, like they're afraid of being sincere

It’s literally in his book dumbass

Yes, he got concussed and waited a month to call in saying he was hurt. Jeff Jarrett got concussed and called in the next morning.

Attached: 1568912366202.jpg (1024x829, 79K)

To be great you have to work yourself into a shoot but pretend like you didn't

Pretty much.. Benoit also

Shawn has been knocked out several times in his career, Marty Janetty beat his ass at one point

Fuck off gaytch. You're cross eyed butt buddy is an overrated shitter

The dudes social life was being Stu Hart's kid. Give him a break

JJ looks every bit of a dimeless hack

for the exact time when he was at his peak, yes, somewhat. bret is the kind of guy who would have been really been able to do his thing if he'd come ten years early or ten years later. the exact time he worked was the worst possible time for a guy like him. just imagine a young bret hart working in NXT or NJPW now

This. The whole Hart family are a bunch of weirdos. Stu was such an autist he would regularly put cat shit into meals he was cooking without thinking anything was wrong with it.

No. If Bret had his way WWE would pretty much be like NJPW today. The Kliq are complete cancer and their "Lol don't take it so serious you self-mark" shit was just an excuse for them to fuck everyone over while they destroyed wrestling.

That story of Jericho's in the WCW locker room on Bret's first Nitro where Bret was trying to work out his segment with Nash and Hall and they said "Who cars bro, it's just Nitro." and Bret literally didn't understand how they could care so little about their work or the paying fans is heartbreaking.

Attached: bret 001.webm (556x420, 762K)

The irony is, the kliq had the absolute biggest self mark

Attached: 712F3930-2803-4305-ACAC-4BC888E8A8C3-12570-00000FAA13E956D2.gif (320x184, 695K)

imagine peak bret vs peak tanahashi

Bro imagine Bret vs Roman Reigns in a TLC match. That would be epic!

Cringe

If it weren't for Bret Hart, The Kliq wouldn't have existed. The Kliq came about because of a few key things

>1. Hogan left
This created a big power vacuum.

>2. The steroid trial
This made Vince only trust small, less-obviously roided guys like Bret and Shawn....until a 6'10 Diesel showed up

>3. The history of Bret not being able to carry Wrestlemania IX
Which took Bret down a peg in Vince's eyes, and made him reluctant to get behind Bret as the face of the company, while Shawn was able to backstage-politick his way into convincing Vince that he could do it instead of Bret

>4. Bret having a low-money contract
Which acted as a ceiling on other guys, leading to Hall and Nash eventually going to Turner for more money

>5. Bret's introverted and perfectionist nature
Bret was like a stranger to everyone, never knew how to hang out with the boys. He would get passive-aggressive and pissy any time things didn't go his way, and The Kliq pushed his buttons over and over again to drive him away

Had Bret been a real man, The Kliq wouldn't have existed.

Peak Bret vs. Okada would be killer too. They pretty much have the same style, control the match by perfectly executing a handful of moves that you've mastered from any position and be able to counter anything.

Attached: bret + nakameme.jpg (1080x1078, 172K)

>Bret wrestles with himself while Roman naps on the outside for 10 minutes

Could be good.

Bret took bret to seriously.

Not really. Shawn Michaels was a twat and he didn't want to job to him. Most top guys refuse to job to somebody at some point for whatever reason. It being in Canada is as good an excuse as any.

based. the kliq were dismissive because they didnt want to work with other people just get themselves over while crying 'its all a work bro'

if by "too seriously" you mean being right about every single thing he predicted, then yes

what did he predict?

the kliq being shitters that ruin everything, Rock's potential, made Austin by adding blood to their match when Vince didn't want to, sports entertainment being bullshit

hey shawn, trying to rewrite history again?
maybe gunter can pick you up in his tank and drive you to get revenge on that one army guy who beat the shit out of you

No.

I think it was right and I think we need more of this in wrestling today

Yes, but as Meltzer says, every topguy at the time did, since back them you HAD to at least take yourself seriously if you wanted to get anywhere.

there's a difference between protecting your character and thinking that wrestling is fucking real (like Bret did)

Do wrestlers still do backstage politics?

The facts

Attached: 63478.jpg (642x361, 34K)

Bret's guys
>Stone Cold
>The Rock
>Roddy Piper
>Mr. Perfect
>Owen
>Brian Pillman
>The Undertaker
>Edge
>Chris Jericho
>Booker T

Guy's Bret hates
>Shawn (after Kliq formed)
>Nash
>Hall
>Triple H
>Seth Rollins

Think that just about says it all.

You said it imbecile: "Marines. He clearly meant other wrestlers within the company.

I just discussed this in a related thread: But yes, OP summed it up perfectly: he took prowrestling too seriously. The world fucking turned on him, he couldn't take the change in culture, and used a concussion as a convenient way to sit out his contract and retire.

>tl;dr - Bret Hart's heart... broke.

Bret hates seth? source?

Not user, but I member Bret shit on Seth weekly back in the day. Said he was too dangerous in the ring, amongst other things (this was around the time he injured Cena, Sting, and Balor).

Probably the only time Bret was ever right about anything.

Bret Hart once said Melina was one of the best and most innovative wrestlers in the world.

How valuable is his opinion really.

He buried him for being unsafe when he broke Cena's nose and then said I told you so when he wrecked Sting. He said later he was trying to be constructive which I believe because he knew Seth was being groomed to be a top guy and from Bret's POV a top guy can never be unsafe.

You have to take wrestling that seriously in order to become the technical GOAT

Cena has buried a couple of careers, like Piggy James or the Nexus. Nakameme was never the same after Cena got hurt by his own fault during their match

Cena literally told him "Don't be sorry," right after it happened. He won a fucking Rumble after that.

Nah Cena was full on in "nice guy" mode by the time Nakamura was in WWE but he was much a cunt as top guy during his rise. Ask nexus and Rusev.

Where is seriously located?

Yes

Yes, but I'd rather people take it too seriously, like him, than not take it serious at all, like these new niggas.

Bret Hart that doesn't take it seriously would just be a Seth Rollins.

If I remember correctly Bret got into a fight with Shawn and whipped his ass, he also ripped a chunk of his hair out. Shawn got mad and went to Vince.

He got anyone who stood up to him fired

sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-news-details-of-shawn-michaels-real-life-backstage-fight-revealed-by-former-wwe-champion
See above link, and also yes, the fight was for the Sunny Days comment.

If Cena wasn't a lazy shitter he wouldn't have got hurt by Seth or Nakamura. But he only knows his own spots, so he goes on autopilot when everyone else tries to do their routine and predicts it all wrong. That's why he got hurt. He didn't expect something that should have been expected.

Took it pretty seriously when Goldberg ended his career lol

Seth had a reputation for being unsafe even in the indies.

He was brought up to take it seriously. Gotta remember Bret was around at a time when 90% of wrestlers were in it for the money & didn’t give a fuck about their matches. Not like the nerds who wrestle today.

Too seriously

Nash & Hall were in it 100% for the money. They didn’t give a fuck about wrestling. Bret did. And that’s why the guy put people over constantly. He did what was good for business. Nash

The only people Bret put over without complaining nonstop about it were his own family.

Bret slapped the fuck out of him. Undertaker was ready to slap the fuck out of him. A group of pissed up marines slapped the fuck out of him. He’s a massive fucking pussy. Can’t remember who’s shoot it was but when they said Janetty ran at Shawn and instead of standing his ground he cowered & started screaming. Sums him up.

This is just objectively 100% untrue in every way it can be.

He’s only considered a member because he’s married to Steph. Can guarantee that if he wasn’t Nash & Hall would have fucked him off time ago. HHH is a boring bastard who has nothing in common with them. Michaels only liked him because he nobody else liked him after Nash & Hall left.

They hung out with him because he doesn't drink so he could be their DD. That's actually true.

Literally the groups bitch

>sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-news-details-of-shawn-michaels-real-life-backstage-fight-revealed-by-former-wwe-champion

why didnt vader kick his ass irl? im disappointed that he let hbk bully him

He probably just wanted to bang her.

Entirely this. Haitch got in with the Kliq because right before he left WCW Terry Taylor told him they held all the backstage power. He sucks up to them, carries their bags and drives them around, then while HBK is popping pills, Hall is getting high and Nash is ingratiating himself with the black community haitch is ramming his nose as far up Vince's ass as possible.

Shawn was constantly getting bitched slapped, it's just that he would run directly to vince's office crying and offering up his orifices to the boss in order to make his problems go away.

Not one of the best, the best.
>I think there’s some great wrestlers in the WWE. I think Melina is, you know to me is really creative and imaginative, and she’s an innovator and she comes up with some great matches, I love watching her wrestle. In a lot of ways I think she’s the best wrestler in the world right now.

Attached: 1568956818878.jpg (1500x2100, 310K)

>ingratiating himself with the black community
you son of a bitch

They're all dead except Bret.

Bret truly is alone now, isn't he.

And he's got feuds with Owen's widow and some other brothers.

Prime Bret in NXT or NJPW would be the kinoest shit.

Is water wet?

>just imagine a young bret hart working in NXT or NJPW now
I never knew I wanted something so badly.
Bret was so god tier talented he actually drew dimes while being a workrate shitter, yet performed when WWF was going peak firework show.
>ywn see Bret Vs Okada

yes its fucking fake fighting the "muh respect the business" is cringe as fuck.

Ja, and that's why Germany loved him.

According some person involved in the marine incident, a single marine beat the shit out of Michaels coz he was chatting up a girl who was dating that marine's friend

Name a single thing he's wrong about

youtube.com/watch?v=i-aYHjhyXXM

Attached: bret hart.png (500x669, 524K)

Christ he is a straight shooter. It would never happen because the company is a Paul's playhouse and because Bret has a life but can you imagine if he was hired as some kind of consultant for WWE? He just hung out backstage and watched the matches and every time Becky or Elias or Corbin or literally anyone finished a match he didn't cry and give them a hug but instead said "That was shit because you did this. You fucked up here. Don't do this and it will be less shit. Go work out and practice this."

he would filter so many shitters

The whole hart family has a feud with Owen's widow since she took the kids, money and dipped from all their lives and the the rest of Bret's siblings are shitters anyway.

Based cerebral assassin

>Bret stretching Gargano out backstage like the shitter he is just like old man Stu used to

Attached: 453273788.jpg (497x640, 111K)

That's just complete horseshit. The WWE could never be like NJPW because Vince isn't that type of guy. It took Shawn Michaels and Russo practically begging him, as well as Nitro beating his ass close to bankruptcy in order to finally relent and go for a more edgy product. And once the threat was gone, he returned back to his usual self. Don't kid yourself, Vince has always been a softball. Bret was also never going to push the E for a more edgy product, he got butthurt every time Shawn made a promo about him and he was never like Shawn - one to push the boundaries.

>Bret was also never going to push the E for a more edgy product, he got butthurt every time Shawn made a promo about him and he was never like Shawn - one to push the boundaries.

Bret was a hundred times more responsible for the Attitude Era than shot. Bret was doing worked shoot whiny heel promos about the state of the company. He was a Stone Cold supporter from DAY ONE and put him over and made him a main eventer. You have no idea what you're talking about.

*than Shawn.

He took himself too seriously.

>seems okay with arnie
>talks shit about bodybuilders

Attached: fuckyouasshole.gif (490x327, 316K)

Ruthless

>ywn have Buretto Haato-san be your autistically blunt coach who cares about you on the inside and will corner you at WM

That shit he says about WWE hiring guys backstage who never drew money to teach young guys how to draw money is dead on. And his example of Punk as who knew what he was doing and got hindered by them is dead on.

if Cody has a modicum of brain he will hire him to put matches together

>to
Lowest IQ board

user, Bret is rich as fuck and he has a great wife and family and he is a national hero in Canada. Anyone in wrestling would pay him anything to be involved in their company, he's not in it because he has no interest,

Tfw no frens to go see the rumble

Attached: 5BA7C6A2-3E32-476D-96F6-E2BDC60D5E8D.jpg (1406x1433, 456K)

where is seriously and who is wrestling?

it was his hobby, he's a pro pog player

Attached: wheres my boy toy shawn.jpg (1200x675, 129K)