When did you find out wrestling was fake?

When did you find out wrestling was fake?

For me, my dad was taking me home from a WCW show in Greensboro, NC and pic related pulled up beside us at a light riding together. They had just had a heated main event match.

Attached: 9F618BA0-52CC-42EB-B066-CB7F85190995.jpg (620x349, 21K)

Maybe the match made them form a temporary mutual respect ya simp

I'm not a fucking retard, so the first time I saw someone sell something.

That's harsh. For me it was after Hogan turned heel and I was worked into such a shoot my dad had to explain that wrestling is a work so I would calm down.

I never thought it was real.

Wrestling is legit, you retarded fucking faggot. Get the fuck out of here with your anti-wrestling bullshit.

i was scrolling through our limited tv channels in 2007 and found smackdown. was intrigued and was watching when my dad walked in, laughed, and said "this crap is so fake". after that we started watching it every friday night for a couple years

Nice that was the year I stopped watching

I got into wrestling after playing one of SmackDown vs. Raw PS2 games. I kind of knew the whole thing was fake, but it didn't matter much.

This isn’t anti wrestling bullshit I’m a lifelong wrestling fan

Wrestling's fake?

then stop exposing the business

I was just trying to share a cool and possibly relatable story and see if anyone else had similar experiences

it's not relatable to me because wrestling is still real to me.

Okay sorry brother

I remember my dad getting home one day from one of his trips. He was at a truck stop and they had Raw on and a couple of truckers were pointing out all the spots. He listened intently and then got home and told me. There was a part of me that still didn't want to accept it.

Care to extrapolate?

I forgive you.

Attached: forgiven.png (695x500, 346K)

Cool

2008 RAM, after first couple of minutes i went like "Wait, no one stomps while punching, this is fake"

Care to extrapolate?

kys milhouse

this. as a child I never cared to put much thought into though because it was entertaining back then

Well I’m 40 so things were a little different for us gen x guys. People knew it was fake but kayfabe was still kind of a thing.

>kayfabe
Worked

Not him, but he’s right. Kayfabe died when AOL was in everyone’s homes.

Hello boomer

I think it was a shawn/bret match. They were doing the rest spot were they stand there fucked and eat slaps, before making the come back. And my mum turned to me and said, it's obvious fake look, they are using this as chance to get their breath back. 8 years later I left juve and I've been living under an assumed identity since