Loses its booker/founder and turns into NXT UK's NXT

bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-49664623/progress-wrestling-inside-london-s-flourishing-independent-scene

>loses its booker/founder and turns into NXT UK's NXT
>flourishing
Yikesola

Attached: 1542016598784.png (1281x527, 718K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/25911039/royal-rumble-daniel-bryan-blames-wwe-for-exclusion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I’m really worried about New Japan and this is why more than anything I want New Japan, AEW, IMPACT etc to form a relationship of some kind. Paul’s next vanity project is putting an NXT in Japan.

There completely different fan cultures and stuff like that in Japan. NJPW is growing in spite of having no TV, they grow thanks to word of mouth and advertising from Bushiroad.
They do not need to be scared of Paul's vanity project

Maybe not New Japan, but everywhere else will be gutted. We’ve been shown that Japs have no problem making the switch, and they’ll be even more likely to do so when they don’t have to leave their home and family.

It’s definitely a concern and I feel like people aren’t taking it seriously enough.

NXT Japan wouldn't have a hope in hell of doing what NXT UK did to the UK scene. The UK had an indie scene and people signed mark contracts on promises they'd still be able to work indies just not World of Sport, everyone knew those contracts were just to take people off the table but the marks signed anyway and sure enough now they can't work lots of shows they thought they would have been able to. Japan is not an indie scene, NXT Japan would be the minor leagues.

Being a WWE development is bigger than whatever it was before

Nice try Cody

He's still got to conquer Brazil, China, India and the Middle East first.

Attached: 1537034200746.jpg (1200x800, 130K)

What does NXT stand for?

Where does this cunt get off, exactly? What business school did he go to? What level of education does he have?

fucking seething

I am seething. If WWE wants to ruin America that’s fine, but fuck off with ruining other countries scenes also.

Isn't Progress literally closing down?
Also lol at NXT Japan, he has been trying for years and got nowhere. NXT UK lost tens of millions and nothing has come of it yet. You think NJPW wont destroy them if they tried opening up shop? NJPW just destroyed NXT UK in the fucking UK. And who is there left to even sign? Either NJPW or AEW has all the big names, and new ones would obviously choose to be Young Lions and get a chance at being Okada rather than doing rolls in NXT and having a chance of... nothing.

*plays HHH’s theme music*

Progress has literally less than 18 months left because Smallring has, like Dunne before him, realised that if Paul is intent on taking over the UK it's best to be on his side and push everyone you left behind under the bus.

>It’s definitely a concern
It is.
But it is not as big concern as it was with NXT UK.
Every single guy in wrestling today in UK has dreamt of being WWE "Superstar" (I hate that term so much) and they will try to get their dream job.
In Japan not everyone in wrestling grew up on watching WWF/E.
That is the main difference.
Also you have to remember that NXT Japan would be running Tv tapings (which are horrible live show experiences) in Korakuen, so there is no change in venues really, they cannot really optically afford to go to Sumo Hall or other venues.
And any mid range indy can run Korakuen.

bbc writes the dumbest mark articles on wrestling like the time Daniel Bryan wasn't in the Royal rumble bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/25911039/royal-rumble-daniel-bryan-blames-wwe-for-exclusion

>more than anything I want New Japan, AEW, IMPACT etc to form a relationship of some kind.
AEW, IMPACT, etc have nothing to offer to NJPW
>Paul’s next vanity project is putting an NXT in Japan.
NXT is a money hole. and WWE is irrelevant in Japan, they would bleed a ton of money Putting an NXT in Japan would be one of the dumbest moves Paul can make.

AEW have a TV deal.

Lmao. WWE is never gonna succeed in Japan and NJPW is never gonna succeed in the US.
It's just two different fanbases with different tastes.

newsbeat is literally news for children you simp lmao

of course they write mark shit about a children's tv show

this is categorically untrue and akin to gaslighting why are you whiteknighting the BBC

And there is still this thing you people repeat.
AEW has TV deal. Right. And? What does that mean for NJPW? Nothing. If NJPW wrestlers would have appeared on AEW shows, while they would be running US market, they'd be dilluting themselves.
In the end I think it is just because you are Elite fan who stopped watching NJPW and is sad that he doesn't get to see good matches anymore. If you want to watch NJPW wrestlers, you can watch them in NJPW ring on NJPW world.

I'm sure Hiromu, Suzuki, Goto, Ishii, Shingo are salivating at the thought of fighting Darby Allin, Sonny Kiss, Peter Avalon and Marko Stunt.

>implying New Japan officials wouldn’t want the exposure a TV deal gives them
Don’t be a retard.

Lance Archer's going to AEW so....

They are signed to a deal with AXS TV until 2021.
And what exposure they'd get? What for? What is the gain?
Do you think some random person who would see Okada wrestle on AEW once per three months would go and buy a plane ticket and fly to next NJPW show, so NJPW will make money from that TV exposure?
Again.
The argument you people (I think it is like 2 people here) have no monetary gain for NJPW. You still conflate US market with the major NJPW's revenue stream, which is patently untrue.

And I’m sure PAC, Pentagon and Fenix are salivating at the thought of fighting Yano, YOSHI and Fale

>it’s another WeebMark that’s delusional enough to think NJPW wouldn’t want a prominent place on a nation wide network
I’m not going through this with you retards again.

>nation wide network
What nation, tho? What nation? That's the issue.
Would be AEW broadcast team be promoting:
"come to Tacoma on 7th of September, there will be NJPW show, where you can see stars like Kazuchika Okada, who you can see in the ring"? If they would, yes, why the hell no. But do you really think they would be promoting live shows from other companies?
We will see if they do, because Kenny is going to be on DDT's Sumo Hall show, so we will see if they do it for DDT and tell people they can do free trial DDT's streaming service.
But without said promotion, what's worth of being on someone else TV show?

They’d obviously have promotion if they were going to advertise NJPWs wrestlers.

Yano > Fenix

new japan has already begun scouting for 5'11+ prospects
paul is going to fail because he won't have a japanese star

Have they promoted STARDOM? Saying that you can watch Riho or Bea on STARDOM world?

>tries to reverse it on him
>accidentally names someone better than the AEW guys he listed
Based yano pleb filtering this tranny

>NXT South America
>NXT India
>NXT Scandinavia
Holy fucking yikes

India is unironically their best hope of a second territory that draws actual money. Khali's retirement match drew 50,000 people and he was wrestling fucking Rob Terry.