MELTZER WOR: WWE Ratings Expected To SKYROCKET After Nielsen Rating Change

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter mentioned that the Nielsen Ratings are about to change. Of course, the Nielsen Ratings system is used to determine most television ratings.

The service will now start measuring viewers who watched a program outside their own homes. This means that they won’t be limited only to shows that someone watched in their own home that was typically recorded with a box to calculate data.

>Nielsen has announced that ratings will be changing next year and they will be measuring viewing outside the home, in places like bars, airports and offices as well as other areas.

>Nielsen has been testing out doing ratings of out-of-home viewing and has found that sports events in particular, with sports bars, will increase an average of 11 percent with the added viewership.

Attached: raw_ratings.jpg (797x547, 53K)

I've never seen wrestling on at a bar. I think people would immediately say, "CHANGE THAT GAY SHIT"

>airports and doctor's offices
now this is corlorate welfare
cannot wait to hear about how CNN is back on top

Top kek this is just to save CNN ass from drawing under 900

I watch Raw at the gym, as do a lot of other E Chads, so ratings are gonna skyrocket.

Meanwhile AEW ratings will be EVEN LOWER since AEWtists don’t leave their homes.

They’re talking about WWE not AEW.

I’ve watched WWE at the bar while drinking whiskey, it was incredibly cool and I met a lot of people while doing it.

11% increase seems like a lowball number for WWE. I’d guess it’s honestly close to 30-40% based off of how many people I see at the gym and doc’s office watching Raw on TV.

Thankfully this explains why ratings have slipped a little lately.

The new play will be using IR scramblers and universal remotes to turn CNN off in these locations. Very easy and nobody in the world will complain.
CNN in one year:
>Deranged incel racists attack CNN in tele-terrorism events across the nation!

Sure thing incel

Imagine being seriously ill, and then mad to watch WWE programming.

>...and then everyone clapped!!

Attached: 1560796679835.jpg (272x256, 21K)

Wow so sports get an increase when a bar is empty too? Because plenty of womeme sports will be increased when no one watches that shit.
You'll have 10 tvs playing nba, nfl, etc and 2 playing womeme shit that no one cares about

>tfw the ratings don't change at all

My grandpa is basically catatonic at this point but every Monday we put Raw on for him since he used to love wrestling when he was conscious.

oh my god this level of cope is cringeworthy

Attached: just_.jpg (650x456, 16K)

It's highly likely this won't effect WWE at all, literally nobody watches it on their phone or some shit

Actually based. Does he hate niggers?

Attached: 5676556.png (608x339, 278K)

>measuring viewing outside the home, in places like bars, airports and offices as well as other areas.
this won't really relate to WWE then, airports and offices usually only broadcast the news and current affairs while sports bars mostly cover REAL sports like football, basketball, horse-racing, etc.

of course WWE will try and spin this and probably try to find a gimmick to get Raw & Smackdown airing in your local but this isn't gonna reflect on viewership when every Tom, Dick and Harry says "change that gay shit!" and go back to watching the NFL game.

>They’re talking about WWE not AEW.

>I’ve watched WWE at the bar while drinking whiskey, it was incredibly cool and I met a lot of people while doing it.

Attached: 1565042550519.png (454x520, 13K)

For CNN to be competitive, they need their prime time ratings to be high. Which means no doctors offices. Airports would be a big boost, but CNN needs to be pulling at least 3 million primetime, compared to their lackluster 900k now. There aren't that many airports in the usa, just 19,700, with just 5,170 being open to the general public and only 554 serving commercial flights (which is defined as 2,500 or more passenger boarding a year). Let's say that each of those commercial airports has 200 tvs all tuned to CNN, that's a ratings bump of 110,000. Shit, let's go with the general public airports, with that same metric. 1,034,000. Add up the current ratings and they barely squeak by with 2 million tvs.

based

He's talking about regular bars not gay bars.

>has to mention that he was drinking whiskey for some reason
Sure thing kid kek sounds like it's gonna be a while yet before you're allowed to partake in the bubbly

Attached: IMG_7160.jpg (960x934, 90K)

Post the name and location of the bar.

XD

Won't that only amount to erroneous projections though? For instance these numbers won't carry over to real people watching at home, it just tallies NPC's in very large waiting rooms browsing their phone who aren't even playing attention. They must really be desperate if this is a factor in their game-plan.

FU-CKING CRI-IINGE
*clap clap clapclapclap*
FU-CKING CRI-IINGE
*clap clap clapclapclap*

I watched WMXXX, and Daniel Bryan beat Cena clean at SummerSlam at my local bar in STL.
Close to 15 bars show the WWE ppvs

>partake in the bubbly
yeah you've had a little too much of the bubbly tho

Attached: Jeribloat.jpg (770x433, 37K)

>watching WWE at a bar
>Lashley’s sisters segment happens

Your mom’s house.

But if you’re serious it was a TGI Friday’s

> For instance these numbers won't carry over to real people watching at home, it just tallies NPC's in very large waiting rooms browsing their phone who aren't even playing attention. They must really be desperate if this is a factor in their game-plan.
Yes, yes they are. My numbers assume full on CNN watching on all 200 tvs in airports (which is rather gracious).

The key is to look at the percentages, which is what Neilsen uses. All their numbers are based around 41,000 households. There's 13,000 sports bars in the USA, but Neilson mentions that sports would be the largest gain at 11%. Let's go with scaling here and go with 41,000 households being the base number. 11% is like 4,500 or roughly a third of all sports bars reporting in to the neilsen ratings (on the basic assumption that multiple TVs tuning into the same station don't count. If they do, then the population number of surveys drops significantly). So from there, we can determine that not all bars/airports/offices will be used. There's 120 million households in the US. 1% is 1,200,000. 3% of 1% are neilsen houses

Moreover, with sports bars having the highest projected increase, we're going to see a fuckload of nothing.

Brooklyn Taphouse, whenever no big sports events are on, you can catch Raw and SDL. Even if their are events, you can ask and they’ll put it on one of the 30 screens. It’s cool.

No one watches wrestling at Bars, Airports, or any other area outside their home television set.

>Expertise: I'm an alcoholic and frequent flyer.

Attached: 298654ed76f2ef26990c3d78c9addf19.jpg (576x1024, 46K)

I saw TNA on in a bar once. It was before the move to Twitch though.

Back during the Monday Night Wars, our college bars actually turned off NFL to watch wrestling. Think about that.

>Think about that.
Never

Nielsen ratings are antiquated anyhow. they consider age group 18-49 as preferred to advertisers, but these are current Gen X, Y and Z. aside from early Gen Xers, none of these people have any money. Hannity gets over 3m viewers but places outside the top 20 because "muh young people", but those groups are all poor and worthless, living in mommy's basement watching stuff on a stream anyhow.

WWE is saved

What a retarded change,sure people in public places might be exposed to the program but its not like they can decide what channel they are watching.

just as long as they keep posting the real ratings too i.e. people actually choosing to watch the show in their homes.

I work in the bar industry, WWE on tv is fairly common the younger your clientele is, Buffalo Wild Wings I know shows PPVs and I'm sure the barcade chains Dave and Busters and Bourbon Street does as well.

BASED E-CHAD

Dilate and cope you faggot trannies

yeah, this basically to back their faulty news with the fallacy that more people are tuning into them so it must be true. CNN is basically worse off than WWE. Only marks watch CNN. WWE at least has smarks who know its fake.

>bars airports and offices
Not a single one air wrestling

when somebody defaults to buzzwords you know they've lost hard LMAO

fucking based, i ask local models out for wwe and chill all the time and we usually go to the local pub, watch raw on screen there and proceed to watch wwe network at my place before fucking

BASED

>proving you don't go outside

So, last millennium?

3 people got shot outside my favorite bar last Sunday. Feels bad, man.

I've been getting mail from Nielsen where they'll send me money for my ratings and Smackdown and Raw are literally the only things I watch on TV. Feels good to contribute in some way to the based-E.

Never been there, but there's a bar down the street from where my mom lives that for sure shows every WWE and NXT pay per view. Not sure if they have Smackdown and Raw on.

Sup Indianapolis poster

Fellow 317 bro?

Nah, I just google searched to fuck with you. What are the chances any other bar recently had three people shot outside? I live around Lexington, though, so not too far off.

Close enough, my fellow midwesterner. Funnily enough I had planned on being there to watch SNF but my buddy convinced me we should go elsewhere.

Sounds like a buddy you should keep.

Timing is everything. I doubt I would have been there at 3 in the morning but you never know. And yes, he's a good friend.