Am I the only one who misses Smackdown of 2008...

Am I the only one who misses Smackdown of 2008? Currently I'm rewatching episodes from 11 years ago and nostalgia is hitting me hard. I know the roster wasn't top tier but there were some awsome storylines like Edge vs Undertaker and Jeff Hardy's road to WWE Championship (which had an awesome build-up of him trying for 4 months and finally winning after going nuts on every episode of Smackdown since Cyber Sunday). Everything was so simple and interesting back then...

Attached: 7722432.jpg (624x390, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2G6buW3_09k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>there's nostalgia for the late 2000s already
Ahh yes, the passage of time

Wasn’t this period so horrible that it killed wrestling? You have some bad taste.

2008 WWE was unironically based, slapnuts

Nah, 2008 sucked ass. I could see good parts in 05-07.

I stopped watching WWE completely during this time period because it was so depressingly shit. It's amazing how powerful childhood nostalgia is.

2008 had great PPVs, btu the TV not so much. Raw sucks as always with Gaytch as champ, Smackdown had some bright spots, until Gaytch came over and remain in their title scene. I swear that fucker killed WWE for good.

>rewatching wrestling
Why. Just let it go and forget everything about it.

i unironically only watch old wrestling because the current thing isn't even wrestling it's just marks cosplaying as video game CAW spamming their moveset

2009-2010 SmackDown was really good (granted... I started watching WWE in 2007). But, you had a really good roster with good writing. CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, Edge, John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, a young Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Dashing Cody Rhodes. It was miles better than RAW. At that time, RAW was doing the guest host shit. Matches were good. Titles were good -- we had the WHC and IC Titles and I think the Unified Tag Titles too. I used to watch it every Friday Night without fail. I remember there was a match Jeff Hardy v JoMo for the WHC. It was an excellent match which was just a TV match. I don't watch WWE anymore, but when's the last time someone defended a "top" title on TV?

2010 was dogshit nigga. at least 08-09 had that ONE marquee fued that carried the show ()

(Edge/Taker in 08 and Jericho/Mysterio and Jeff/Punk in 09)

Hit send too early hehe based me

>granted... I started watching WWE in 2007
Opinion discarded.

LMFAO that's funny because 2008 was when I stopped watching

it was good till triple gay showed up

This. Shitting up the wwe title scene with dogshit matches with Khali and Koslov

>tfw I was a massive lil jimmy mark for Ziggler during that time

nigga shudda left WWE years ago. wouldve been booked much better. not World Champion level, but top Midcarder

youtube.com/watch?v=2G6buW3_09k
remember when they paired him with Maria? they ditched that so quickly, so dumb

agreed. but he fucked off in 2009 IIRC and SmackDown became a much better show to watch

IIRC 2009 smackdown was voted WON show of the year someone go check. That's how based it was and it was! Niggas like Edge,Jeff, Punk, Rey, Jericho, Umaga, Batista and Morrison were all based! Even had Taker which was mmmmm BASED!

>we live on this gay earth where Jimmy Wang Yang wasn't cruiserweight champion once

can you document old wrestling for me? type up reviews of every show for me to read and give your star ratings? maybe some insight in where they went wrong and who they should've pushed? try to come up with neat inside jokes along the way as well if you can. just feel watching old TV shows needs to be documented more. personally I've started doing it with Neighbours. watching old episodes, writing reviews, who had the talent, who was unnecessarily buried. I've wrote to a few actors with my reviews putting them over in hopes of doing an interview or something but no response as yet. for reference I don't really watch modern Neighbours it's just too boring and shit. I don't really understand it.

k

Yep jeff hardy was the only reason I watched wwe in the late 00s and I stopped watching entirely the moment he left

Vickie was based. Sexier than Charles

Fuck, i remember my first live show, it was a Smackdown houseshow in 08, the roster was based.
The 2008 road to Wrestlemania was comfy as fuck, i want to go back lads...

08 was trash. You had shit like Trips feuding with fucking vladimir kozlov

Not gonna lie, 2008 was based and i marked when Haitch won the tittle at Backlash.

WWE literally fucking died after the Benoit double murder suicide. Product’s watchability sliced practically in half. Smackdown 2008 was held up by one great program at a time, just like Raw. The only reason there’s nostalgia for it is because there’s even less of a reason to watch the product today.

its not fucking fair :((((

Attached: JIMMY WANG SOON.jpg (750x905, 109K)

Smackdown & ecw in 09/early 10 were so damn good while Raw was a steaming pile of shit.