Nu Japan about to get OWLED

Attached: 20190910_113459.png (720x798, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/07/impact-slammiversary-17-and-roh-best-in-the-world-estimated-656247/
heelbynature.com/wrestling-news/impact-wrestling/report-impact-wrestling-sources-respond-to-talent-unhappy-with-late-merchandise-royalty-payments/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Love the karma of NJPW officials talking shit about Callis and D'amore for things that happened 10 years ago and now are about to get humbled

New Japan about to get on Fox Sports 1 and buttfuck AEW, ROH, MLW and Impact.

New Japan already has a working parternship with a dying American company aka RoH

Dave is fucking obsessed with having NJPW work with Americans.

NJPW is obsessed with expanding to the US, you piece of shit.

>Impact has realistic chances of getting a partnership deal with NJPW before AEW
holy shit the cope on this board if this actually happens will be something else

>FS1
>He doesn't know

Attached: IMG_20190909_175238.jpg (2436x1125, 85K)

NJPW and Okada hate tna/ impact but who knows.

Okada is in good terms with TNA, and NJPW has a hateboner for Dixie but they're familiar with Callis, so who knows

He isn't. He talks mad shit about his days of TNA. On public he isn't saying shit but Dave/other journos have said the same thing.

>On public he isn't saying shit but Dave/other journos have said the same thing.
have they? because this is the first time i hear about it

Callis and D'amore wanted to work with them when Elgin left and they told them that they don't want to deal with the company that did that shit to Okada.

No they’re not

Has anyone ever drawn a merchant dave meltzer?

>and they told them that they don't want to deal with the company that did that shit to Okada.
thats weird, are you sure thats the specific motivation? i'm pretty sure Harold knows that the people behind Impact now are completely different from Bischoff, Dixie and Hogan

VOW reported this a while back. Okada is thankful to them on public but to his mates/people on the office he tells them that he hated his time there. Again. Just reports.

Callis is literally getting less and less dates with NJPW and they are phasing him out with Chris Charlton plus Okada was basically homeless during his TNA excursion because TNA didn't took care of him, that's the reason for the bad blood, not his push.

Callis and D'amore are Dave's sources and he wrote it on the observer when the Elgin/DBS JR thing came up.

>NJPW WILL NEVER WORK WITH A PROMOTION THAT WORKS WITH AAA
Nujapanlets about to get ass blasted.

i'm not arguing on the reasoning for why they had bad blood with TNA, but it seems pointless to keep this feud going now that everyone responsible for Okada's mistreatements has left a long time ago
ehh, could be, could be not, hard to believe anything until concrete proof shows up
well that just makes NJPW come off as marks, but then again it could be Callis playing victim when in reality they're just not that intrested

>NJPW
>ever letting bygones be bygones and working with either company
LMAO

>NJPW office are marks
No shit. AEW and now this already proved it.

NJPW doesnt get to chose on this situation buddy. If Anthem wants it they're forced or bye bye AXS.

People say this, but if they had such a big grudge, why do they keep hiring Callis? Isn’t he the top booker/an exec?

He hasnt been there since Dominion. He is still getting booked because Jericho.

If it is true it makes NJPW look like idiots considering Impact is an entirely new company who essentially hold the IP rights to TNA

>Again, Dave doesn't know.
I feel like this sentence has summed up all wrestling news for like the past 5+ years.

You forgot about the fact that NJPW has literally nothing to gain by working with IMPACT.

>Dave wonders
is there a more appropriate opening sentence for him kek

i mean, by that logic, what do they have to gain working with ROH?

Dave literally have no source in NJPW anymore since the elite left, Jericho, DBSmith and Callis have less and less dates in NJPW.

It gave NJPW a foothold in NA, now that they have it, they are literally already running the US without ROH, now that they have the LA dojo.

then why keep them around? AEW and soon Impact will have bigger visibility and both have people that are already familiar with NJPW, it seems like such a no brainer

They've had an LA dojo for like two decades you dunce

>then why keep them around?
they might cut ROH loose but never underestimate Japanese's sense of loyalty, then again Harold Meij isn't Japanese.

>AEW and soon Impact will have bigger visibility
NJPW might work with AEW because of the visibility and talent, too bad there is a lot of bad blood due to AEW taking Trent and Omega away but AEW allowing NJPW to use Jericho and Moxley should mend the bridge at least a little.

Impact is literally on the same channel as NJPW, how would they get more visibility working with Impact? Every single person in IMPACT can take overseas booking if they want and if NJPW wants them, they can booked them but they have no use for anyone in IMPACT.

Yeah, but now that Shibata is in charge of the LA dojo, they are using their american YL more and run their own shows in the US.

>there is a lot of bad blood due to AEW taking Trent and Omega away but AEW allowing NJPW to use Jericho and Moxley should mend the bridge at least a little.
i'm not sure if there's really any bad blood between the two companies
Kenny decided to leave on his own before AEW was even a thing and Trent is barely a tag guy, hardly a reason to feel any bitterness over something so small, and as you said, they're already borrowing talent
for US shows theyd probably like to draw more than 3000 people so an AEW partnership doesn't seem that unrealistic, or unreasonable at least

>Impact is literally on the same channel as NJPW, how would they get more visibility working with Impact?
they're on the same channel, but they also have very different fanbases and styles, i find it a lot less likely that the average Impact fan watches NJPW than ROH fans
>Every single person in IMPACT can take overseas booking if they want and if NJPW wants them, they can booked them but they have no use for anyone in IMPACT.
i'm pretty sure Impact talent is contracted to not show to televised events for promotions the company isn't partnered with

NJPW will never work with TNA again after the Okada situation.

>i'm not sure if there's really any bad blood between the two companies
you must've missed the bucks and omega burying njpw in interviews after AEW was formed

>Kenny decided to leave on his own before AEW was even a thing
Kenny wanted to work both but will focus more on AEW, NJPW wants to be priority and have bend over backwards to accommodate Kenny but he left anyways.
>Trent is barely a tag guy
He was in line for a massive push, most likely Archer's and he already agreed verbally on a contract extension with NJPW but decided to sign with AEW instead.

>they're on the same channel, but they also have very different fanbases and styles, i find it a lot less likely that the average Impact fan watches NJPW than ROH fans
What Impact fans? there is literally less than 5k people watching Impact on Twitch is week and less than 5k watching on Pursuit. And guess what? most of them doesn't spend a cent on Impact.

>i'm pretty sure Impact talent is contracted to not show to televised events for promotions the company isn't partnered with
Nope, Callihan is working with MLW, they are not partnered with Impact. Tessa is working with WOW, also not partnered. There's probably various examples but there is no reason why NJPW can't book an Impact talent to perform in Japan as long as they don't show it on AXS TV but they just don't do it because they don't need anybody from IMPACT.

Nigga, Kenny's choice was between AEW and WWE. He was never returning to NJPW.

>you must've missed the bucks and omega burying njpw in interviews after AEW was formed
meh, burying is a strong word, the Bucks are not good at hiding their markiness but id guess that whatever beef they have is more personal than anything, meanwhile Khan, our main guy here, i don't recall ever hearing him say anything negative about NJPW

>Kenny wanted to work both but will focus more on AEW, NJPW wants to be priority and have bend over backwards to accommodate Kenny but he left anyways.
you're making it sound like Kenny or AEW are somehow at fault for refusing NJPW's terms, but "bending over" isn't exactly how i'd describe the kinda deal NJPW envisioned with Kenny and AEW is only right in wanting to get the better end for one of their top guys

>He was in line for a massive push, most likely Archer's and he already agreed verbally on a contract extension with NJPW but decided to sign with AEW instead.
thats on Trent, not AEW

>What Impact fans? there is literally less than 5k people watching Impact on Twitch is week and less than 5k watching on Pursuit.
they have like 6 different tv deals outside of Pursuit and 2 milion subscribers on Youtube
>And guess what? most of them doesn't spend a cent on Impact.
according to you?

>Nope, Callihan is working with MLW, they are not partnered with Impact. Tessa is working with WOW, also not partnered.
fair enough

>There's probably various examples but there is no reason why NJPW can't book an Impact talent to perform in Japan as long as they don't show it on AXS TV but they just don't do it because they don't need anybody from IMPACT.
NJPW, except for rare occasions, doesn't like to use freelance talent, regardless of who they are or where they're from, that doesn't really mean much, especially when they can rely on the companies they're partnering with

I ain't your Nigga, homie.
You are a retard if you believe that WWE was an option for Kenny. He repeatedly cut a "change the world" promos while in NJPW and repeatedly say he wants to be creative and do things his way which go against WWE's heavily scripted promos and heavily produced matches. It's widely known that Kenny has a clause like Jericho and Moxley that allow him to work NJPW but NJPW aren't interested, esse.

I ain't your esse, chollo
You are a retard if you believe that WWE was an option for Kenny. He repeatedly cut a "change the world" promos while in NJPW and repeatedly say he wants to be creative and do things his way which go against WWE's heavily scripted promos and heavily produced matches. It's widely known that Kenny has a clause like Jericho and Moxley that allow him to work NJPW but NJPW aren't interested, chino

Not anymore. Seem to want more gains in UK and Australia now

>burying is a strong word,
Japanese's mentality is you don't talk shit publicly about people you work with or people you work for. That's why NJPW depushed and eventually cut Elgin after him talking shit about Cobb got out.

>Khan, our main guy here, i don't recall ever hearing him say anything negative about NJPW
of course he wants to work with NJPW and a working relationship obviously would be great for both but politics and feelings is the one preventing good business.

>but "bending over" isn't exactly how i'd describe the kinda deal NJPW envisioned with Kenny and AEW is only right in wanting to get the better end for one of their top guys
I was talking about the way Kenny was booked while he was in NJPW, they literally invent a NA title for him, they wanted a Kenny vs Ibushi match, to conclude the Golden Lovers Arc but Kenny refuses.

>thats on Trent, not AEW
made no difference to NJPW

>they have like 6 different tv deals outside of Pursuit and 2 milion subscribers on Youtube
so? they struggled to draw 1k people even for their biggest shows. AEW's live attendance literally have more people than Impact have viewers on Twitch and Pursuit combined every week.
>according to you?
This might shocked you but Impact biggest problem isn't the quality of their shows or the lack of stars or the platforms they are on, it's their "fanbase" not spending money on their product.

>NJPW, except for rare occasions, doesn't like to use freelance talent,
GTFO with this bullshit, most gaijins in NJPW are freelancer that don't have exclusive contract with them. Archer is definitely not under contract, DBSmith as well, maybe even ZSJr. But their most pushed gaijins, Ospreay, White, G.O.D and Fale are under contract.

Overwatch League'd?

>Japanese's mentality is you don't talk shit publicly about people you work with or people you work for. That's why NJPW depushed and eventually cut Elgin after him talking shit about Cobb got out.
thats not a good look
>of course he wants to work with NJPW and a working relationship obviously would be great for both but politics and feelings is the one preventing good business
>made no difference to NJPW

well fuck, i guess you're not wrong, but that just makes NJ look like a massive bitch to work with and the points you were arguing were mostly against AEW

>I was talking about the way Kenny was booked while he was in NJPW, they literally invent a NA title for him, they wanted a Kenny vs Ibushi match, to conclude the Golden Lovers Arc but Kenny refuses.
there is absolutely no reason for why Kenny would refuse something like that

>AEW's live attendance literally have more people than Impact have viewers on Twitch and Pursuit combined every week.
i've never argued any differently, what's your point?

>This might shocked you but Impact biggest problem isn't the quality of their shows or the lack of stars or the platforms they are on, it's their "fanbase" not spending money on their product.
you're talking out of your ass, since Callis took over Impact has been increasing their attendance numbers and the amount of shows they're putting on and them making more buys than ROH compared to the Carter era proves that

>GTFO with this bullshit, most gaijins in NJPW are freelancer that don't have exclusive contract with them. Archer is definitely not under contract, DBSmith as well, maybe even ZSJr. But their most pushed gaijins, Ospreay, White, G.O.D and Fale are under contract.
not having exlusive contracts =/= not having contracts, being freelance means they get brought up for particular occasions and have no affiliations with the company outside of that
also the fact that you could barely name two people shows how little they want to do this practice

continuing the Kenny reply here due to word limit
whatever happened that made that deal with Kenny fall apart involved most likely all your previous points about NJPW acting like a primadonna because they couldn't get Kenny back to work full time
AEW has already proven they don't mind borrowing talent, so its either that or something due to AEW we know nothing about

How much did buying axs cost? It's amazing someone is still throwing around big money for tna.

>there is absolutely no reason for why Kenny would refuse something like that
Kenny thought it was too soon, it was scheduled either for Dominion or KOPW, but Kenny wanted it for WK, obviously he had a match with Tana already set in stone.

>i've never argued any differently, what's your point?
point is. you TV deals, visibility, reach, youtube, and social media numbers don't mean shit. It doesn't equal selling merch or tickets. You know how NJPW made most of their money? through selling merchs and tickets, they aired at 3 am on Japanese TV. AEW and NJPW shared the same fan mentality, they are willing to travel or fly in for shows and they spent a lot of money on merch, can the same thing be said about Impact fans? there is literally no point appealing to those fans.

>since Callis took over Impact has been increasing their attendance numbers
is there is a big difference though? dozens or maybe hundreds but not thousands. Impact has never broke a thousand plus attendance in Callis era have they?

>he amount of shows they're putting on
I don't know if joint shows can be counted, Impact probably made less than 50% of the house and it's a show with how many people on attendance?

>they're putting on and them making more buys than ROH compared to the Carter era proves that
I'm going to need to see some source on these numbers, besides it's cheaper to stream ROH on Honors Club instead of buying PPVs.

>not having exlusive contracts =/= not having contracts, being freelance means they get brought up for particular occasions and have no affiliations with the company outside of that
That's literally what NJPW been doing with their gaijins, they come in for a tour and that's it. Callihan had a tour with NJPW, eagles, phantasmo and chase owens are on a per tour basis. Shane thorne's jannety, the name eluded me, is also a freelancer. TJP just did a Junior cup show.

Im not going to read all of the shit in this thread ya fuckin nerds

Attached: images.png (225x225, 10K)

I don't blame NJPW for doing what they think is best for their business. They are probably worried they'll get out maneuvered by AEW like NJPW did to ROH. Apparently they were also unhappy that The Elite was using NJPW talents and shows as content for BTE and AEW stuff when they were in Japan on NJPW dime.

reading is hard and hurt my wittle eyes.
Are you Donald Trump?

>Kenny thought it was too soon, it was scheduled either for Dominion or KOPW, but Kenny wanted it for WK, obviously he had a match with Tana already set in stone.
but one thing is to postpone it, the other is to completely close any discussion on the matter, it can't be just a question of creative control if the problem was so small

>point is. you TV deals, visibility, reach, youtube, and social media numbers don't mean shit. It doesn't equal selling merch or tickets.
the rest i can get it, but TV deals absolutely are vital for american wrestling both to create visibility and to get paid by the networks, the fact that Impact is doing as well as it is in the US despite that shit ass Pursuit deal is proof that they're being smart
You know how NJPW made most of their money? through selling merchs and tickets, they aired at 3 am on Japanese TV. AEW and NJPW shared the same fan mentality, they are willing to travel or fly in for shows and they spent a lot of money on merch, can the same thing be said about Impact fans? there is literally no point appealing to those fans.
there is if they want to tap in the TV market, the AXs deal might as well not exist as of now but it could be a great source of indirect revenue if a partner company can showcase their talent to people who are more used to watching wrestling through their TVs

>I don't know if joint shows can be counted, Impact probably made less than 50% of the house and it's a show with how many people on attendance?
i mean, why not? they're not huge moneymakers or anything but i can't see why they'd keep doing them at least twice a month if it didn't bring them enough ticket sales to make it worth it

>I'm going to need to see some source on these numbers, besides it's cheaper to stream ROH on Honors Club instead of buying PPVs.
wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/07/impact-slammiversary-17-and-roh-best-in-the-world-estimated-656247/
(cont.)

and ROH being cheaper only proves that impact fans are at least eager enough to spend money more than ROH, which kinda goes against the point you were making

>is there is a big difference though? dozens or maybe hundreds but not thousands. Impact has never broke a thousand plus attendance in Callis era have they?
big enough where they can afford to improve the living conditions of their talents apparently, and yes BFG is not out yet but they already broke +1000

>That's literally what NJPW been doing with their gaijins, they come in for a tour and that's it. Callihan had a tour with NJPW, eagles, phantasmo and chase owens are on a per tour basis. Shane thorne's jannety, the name eluded me, is also a freelancer. TJP just did a Junior cup show.
Callihan in NJPW? how the fuck did i miss that?
well i guess that proves me wrong then, but then again you also said they dont want to do anything to do with Impact talent yet in that list of names you mentioned two of them

Like trump could figure out how to post on a chan

RENTS DUE

>but one thing is to postpone it, the other is to completely close any discussion on the matter
NJPW wanted Ibushi vs Omega on their second biggest show of the year. It was Kenny's last year and Ibushi wasn't signed long term, for NJPW the only time to do the match was then. In NJPW eyes, not having that match cost them a lot of money considering they spent a lot of time and effort on the Golden Lovers Arc without having the break up angle and the blow off match.

> but TV deals absolutely are vital for american wrestling
AEW were selling out 10k venues at least 3 times and they haven't aired a single episode on TV.

>Impact is doing as well as it is in the US
Impact survived due to their India TV deal which is expiring this year, if it doesn't get renewed or they take a significant paycut, will they survived? They aren't getting any money from airing on AXS TV or Pursuit since Anthem owned the network.

>it could be a great source of indirect revenue if a partner company can showcase their talent to people who are more used to watching wrestling through their TVs
How? NJPW has been airing on AXS TV for 3 year, they got 2 hours of TV and are showing month old matches according to estimates they had 200k viewers every week, that's more than Impact's on POP. NJPW lowest attended show in the US is 4.5k, that's 4 times Impact's biggest crowd. y NJPW need Impact?

>wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/07/impact-slammiversary-17-and-roh-best-in-the-world-estimated-656247/
It said ROH ppvs buys and Impact PPVs buys for a particular PPVs are identical, except ROH have better price point, meaning they made more money.
>To compare the Impact numbers, the 2018 Slammiversary 16 pay-per-view drew an estimated 1,500 buys while Rebellion drew an estimated 2,000 buys and Homecoming drew an estimated 3,100 buys.
This part disproves your assertion that things are better this year compared to last year. They sold less PPVs in 2019 compare to 2018.

You s󠀀oy󠀀boys still don't get it huh? Loyalty in Japan is important, I get that Americans don't understand loyalty because of how conceited you usually are, Japanese are different. NJPW will remain partners with RoH until they do something drastic. You faggots will make another thread tomorrow and the next about a AEW partnership and it'll never happen, kek what a bunch of bitches

Attached: fuck-em.gif (300x200, 3.76M)

>and ROH being cheaper only proves that impact fans are at least eager enough to spend money more than ROH
this is 2+2=5 shit, if you didn't notice, business haven't been well after The elite left and NJPW start sending scrubs to ROH instead of their top guys. So good job on equalling ROH I guess?

> they can afford to improve the living conditions of their talents apparently
you mean they can afford to massive pay rise of $40k a year for Killer Kross. Or how Scarlett only make $5k a year after travel and expenses? or how Impact didn't pay their talent any merch money? you can read the article on fightful.com

>Callihan in NJPW? how the fuck did i miss that?
he did a small tour, I think it was the J cup or some kind of tourney? He got sent home early because NJPW had his kissing people gimmick.

>you also said they dont want to do anything to do with Impact talent yet in that list of names you mentioned two of them
it was 2 or 3 years ago before he signed with Impact, TJP is a LA Dojo alumni, I think he was trained by Liger and this was more his show than NJPW's.

FYI NJPW's show has been airing on the Fight Network (owned by Anthem) for quite a long time in canada, how anthem works as a business is they just want content on their channels.

>NJPW wanted Ibushi vs Omega on their second biggest show of the year. It was Kenny's last year and Ibushi wasn't signed long term, for NJPW the only time to do the match was then. In NJPW eyes, not having that match cost them a lot of money considering they spent a lot of time and effort on the Golden Lovers Arc without having the break up angle and the blow off match.
again, they could have just waited the next dominion
Ibushi not being signed long term was never considered a problem in his entire tenure as there was really no other place he could have went to anyways and the blowoff match could have happened with no problems with Kenny as a part timer working for AEW, in fact it could have been even a bigger draw that way

>AEW were selling out 10k venues at least 3 times and they haven't aired a single episode on TV.
yeah, and?

>Impact survived due to their India TV deal which is expiring this year, if it doesn't get renewed or they take a significant paycut, will they survived? They aren't getting any money from airing on AXS TV or Pursuit since Anthem owned the network.
not how it works, Impact is actually getting paid to air on Pursuit, even more than they got paid from Pop at the time, and the AXs deal will make them more money since its a way bigger network

>How? NJPW has been airing on AXS TV for 3 year, they got 2 hours of TV and are showing month old matches according to estimates they had 200k viewers every week, that's more than Impact's on POP
first of all no, Pop averaged 200k to 300k, and secondly AXS is way bigger platform so its not unrealistic to expect they could do better now than back then
>NJPW lowest attended show in the US is 4.5k, that's 4 times Impact's biggest crowd. y NJPW need Impact?
for the reason i just listed
why do they need ROH then? they're really not doing any better both in tv ratings and attendance
(cont.)

njpw is dead already. AEW took them down.

based
hey bud
want to join my stable?
namechads like us...
together we could rule this board
what do you say?

>It said ROH ppvs buys and Impact PPVs buys for a particular PPVs are identical, except ROH have better price point, meaning they made more money.
except theres multiple examples listed of Impact doing better than that
all of it despite the price tag

>This part disproves your assertion that things are better this year compared to last year. They sold less PPVs in 2019 compare to 2018.
Homecoming was this january you brainlet and they're about to have their highest drawing ppv in years with BFG

>this is 2+2=5 shit, if you didn't notice, business haven't been well after The elite left and NJPW start sending scrubs to ROH instead of their top guys. So good job on equalling ROH I guess?
more surpassing them without having to rely on foreign talent

>you mean they can afford to massive pay rise of $40k a year for Killer Kross. Or how Scarlett only make $5k a year after travel and expenses?
Scarlett had like 5 matches in her whole impact career, they pay by dates, thats why she didnt make much, and Kross wanted to quit not because of the pay but because he and her cumslut could go to NXT instead, but that didn't fare well
>or how Impact didn't pay their talent any merch money? you can read the article on fightful.com
article says the payments are late, not absent, and cites no names to prove their point, find a better tabloid link next time

>he did a small tour, I think it was the J cup or some kind of tourney? He got sent home early because NJPW had his kissing people gimmick.
how the fuck do they not check for these things before a show lmao

I`m lone wolf pal. Impactchads like me roll alone

No thanks. Keep this jap shit and their incel fans away from my based Impact.

Attached: image.jpg (1400x1400, 208K)

>business has gone up since the elite left
>Most shows with Kenny on top did smaller numbers then the year before

>again, they could have just waited the next dominion
they can't, it was kenny's last year, NJPW thought he was going somewhere he is no longer allowed to work elsewhere.

>again, they could have just waited the next dominion
you were sperging about how important having TV deals for us promotions because of visibility and shit

>Impact is actually getting paid to air on Pursuit, even more than they got paid from Pop at the time,
yes they are getting paid more by a smaller channel, on a friday at 10 pm death slot, where the network doesn't even bother to air the correct episode or continue after a commercial.

>AXs deal will make them more money since its a way bigger network
not how it works. AXS TV doesn't make money by running ads, they make money through carriage fees, which is fixed and re negotiated every certain years. Having Impact on AXS TV doesn't magically create money that Anthem could pour onto Impact.

>Pop averaged 200k to 300k,
I don't quite remember but the last 4 episodes of Impact on POP was less than 200k.

>AXS is way bigger platform so its not unrealistic to expect they could do better now than back then
AXS is way bigger than pursuit but not bigger than POP. How big is Twitch? and how come less than 4k watches every week even though they used to average 10k when they start?

>why do they need ROH then?
they don't they literally are running shows without them in the US on the same weekend.

>except theres multiple examples listed of Impact doing better than that
this is like debating which blind man can see better

>they're about to have their highest drawing ppv in years with BFG
they have less viewers than ever on Twitch but you can always dream

>more surpassing them without having to rely on foreign talent
marufuji isn't a foreign talent that is going to have a marquee match if not main event bfg?

>Scarlett had like 5 matches in her whole impact career,
she doesn't get paid for being on TV and doing lapdances? what kinda sweatshop operation is Impact running?

>article says the payments are late, not absent, and cites no names to prove their point,
Impact contract had a non disparagement source, that's why nobody can said publicly. why are they late? i thought they don't have money trouble?

>how the fuck do they not check for these things before a show lmao
he wasn't kissing people during matches before

Yeah it's actually hilarious and based

>NJPW worked with Scott D'Amore & Border City Wrestling for Canadian tours in 2014

>NJPW airs on the Fight Network in Canada

>The English commentator who put together the Jericho-Omega match is an EVP of Impact

>NJPW was going to drop Callis until Jericho publicly shamed them

>NJPW worked with Jeff Jarrett to get on PPV in 2015 and then stopped Davey Boy Smith Jr from working w/ Impact in 2018 because of "fucking Jeff Jarrett and TNA" referring to things that happened w/ Okada under Vince Russo, Dixie, & Bischoff

I feel like NJPw is full of shit

looks like you caught NJPW making excuses just because they don't want their talent working for Impact lol

what does that say about Impact and what NJPW thinks of them?

Attached: 1532235411852.gif (350x187, 1.99M)

>they can't, it was kenny's last year, NJPW thought he was going somewhere he is no longer allowed to work elsewhere.
AEW has ultimately the last word on that, and they're the ones that are open to working together

>you were sperging about how important having TV deals for us promotions because of visibility and shit
...how are the two things related?

>yes they are getting paid more by a smaller channel, on a friday at 10 pm death slot, where the network doesn't even bother to air the correct episode or continue after a commercial.
not by the channel, but Anthem, the company that owns them AND the channel

>I don't quite remember but the last 4 episodes of Impact on POP was less than 200k.
that was after they got moved to the 10pm timeslot and it lasted for a relatively short time to be fair

>AXS is way bigger than pursuit but not bigger than POP.
point taken,

>How big is Twitch? and how come less than 4k watches every week even though they used to average 10k when they start?
that's how it works for literally every show when they jump on a new place with newer audience

>they don't they literally are running shows without them in the US on the same weekend.
then why don't they drop them in favour of a bigger company?

>this is like debating which blind man can see better
Impact is the blind man who can see better then, apparently

>they have less viewers than ever on Twitch but you can always dream
hey man, i'm just reporting numbers from ticket sites

>marufuji isn't a foreign talent that is going to have a marquee match if not main event bfg?
LMAO main event, right
a one off match with a guy who is barely known by western audience is totally the same as ROH being partnered with NJPW

>she doesn't get paid for being on TV and doing lapdances? what kinda sweatshop operation is Impact running?
that one lapdance she did once? yeah i'm sure they paid her for that

cont.

>Impact contract had a non disparagement source, that's why nobody can said publicly. why are they late? i thought they don't have money trouble?
ah, ok i get it, now i will write an article about how Impact actually keeps their talents in a basement until they need them to show up in tv, i guess no one can disprove cuz non disparagement, right?

>AEW has ultimately the last word on that, and they're the ones that are open to working together
jaysus effing christ. NJPW didn't know about AEW then because it haven't fucking exist yet, you stupid idiot. You obviously know jack shit about NJPW.

>You said "TV deals for US promotions are important because of visibility and shit"
my counter is AEW sold out 10k venues without any TV

> Anthem, the company that owns them AND the channel
paid themselves? and it's count as IMPACT's revenue? I'm sure the IRS is going to have fun with this.

>that's how it works for literally every show when they jump on a new place with newer audience
they are losing viewers because people stopped watching. they gave Impact a chance and didn't like it but some how BFG are going to do record numbers based on...?

>then why don't they drop them in favour of a bigger company?
they don't have to drop it but if they do, the bigger company are WWE and AEW, not IMPACT.

>a one off match with a guy who is barely known by western audience
have you just start watching Impact recently? or are you implying that Impact is so irrelevant that nobody will realize this won't be marufuji first match with the company?

>ah, ok i get it, now i will write an article about how Impact actually keeps their talents in a basement until they need them to show up in tv, i guess no one can disprove cuz non disparagement, right?
not have journalism work though. Someone can say something off record, journalist record it, only when they get sued do they have to release the record but only the judge get to know the source and hear the record in question. That's why Impact didn't deny anything or threaten to sue. They said payment was late meaning talent WASN'T FUCKING PAID on time.

yikes, have sex

not *how journalism work though.

Someone can say something *on record,
>but undisclosed

>impact can't even pay their own talent and now you people want them to pay for okada
yeah alright ya jokers

>dave asks if X will lead to Y
>retards: Dave said X will lead to Y!
>it doesn't happen
>retards: I can't believe Dave lied. Plans change LMAO

>jaysus effing christ. NJPW didn't know about AEW then because it haven't fucking exist yet, you stupid idiot. You obviously know jack shit about NJPW.
but now they do, in fact, they've been knowing for months, enough to know that they can still book their so desired blowoff match in big fashion
fuck, they could have had it THIS dominion if they wanted to, its not like time or availability were ever going to be problems

>my counter is AEW sold out 10k venues without any TV
mine is that with tv they can sell more

>paid themselves? and it's count as IMPACT's revenue? I'm sure the IRS is going to have fun with this.
ok now you're either acting dumb or you're genuinely retarded

>they are losing viewers because people stopped watching. they gave Impact a chance and didn't like it but some how BFG are going to do record numbers based on...?
the ticket sales i've already mentioned and that are readily searchable, and the fact that you're mentioning the numbers of only one of the many places where people can watch Impact as a way to claim its failing

>they don't have to drop it but if they do, the bigger company are WWE and AEW, not IMPACT.
WWE and AEW are bigger than ROH, but Impact is also bigger than ROH now that all of their local draws left

>have you just start watching Impact recently? or are you implying that Impact is so irrelevant that nobody will realize this won't be marufuji first match with the company?
and where am i implying that? i'm just stating that the NJPW guys are bigger

if every wrestling company, even the minor ones, went on their way to sue for every unsourced/false claim that may be denigratory towards them there would be no wrestling journalism to begin with
until there's names and demonstrable facts i call bullshit

Lmao NJPW is checkmated as fuck and will HAVE to do business with one of these companies to maintain their attempt at a western expansion.

Who gets the call?

Attached: Impact-Wrestling-AEW.png (800x500, 565K)

impact gets like 15,000 viewers on tv
in what world will they help njpw
if anything if they get put next to njpw's timeslot NJPW would be helping them

they could have had it THIS dominion if they wanted to
they can't, you dumb fuck because the Golden Lovers never broke up

>ok now you're either acting dumb or you're genuinely retarded
you are the one who is unaware that Anthem is propping IMPACT up with their own money because they can't get any tv network to pay for it

>the fact that you're mentioning the numbers of only one of the many places where people can watch Impact as a way to claim its failing
because they have less viewers than 5k on Pursuit and Nielsen doesn't track viewership that lower than 5K.

>WWE and AEW are bigger than ROH, but Impact is also bigger than ROH
it's still pointless for NJPW to work with any company that is not WWE or AEW because NJPW is bigger than IMPACT in the US.

>i'm just stating that the NJPW guys are bigger
correct, NJPW is bigger than IMPACT in the US.
>7835179
the site literally had interviews with Killer Kross and Scarlett, and somehow, you don't know where claim came from. When you sue someone and win, you most likely get paid compensation or at the very least the lawyer fee paid. You can do all the mental gymnastics and deflection you want, but the thing is IMPACT doesn't even have to sue, but they didn't release any fucking statement refuting the claim nor they respond when asked for comments about the claim.

yeah, people would love watching wrestling for 4 hours straight every week, 5 if they put WOW in the same block.

>they can't, you dumb fuck because the Golden Lovers never broke up
because Kenny showing up a couple of time beforehand, to betray Kota or whatever they were planning to build this match, was completely out of the realm of imagination, right?

>you are the one who is unaware that Anthem is propping IMPACT up with their own money
they were paying them to show up on their own channel as a temporary situation until they found a better deal, what's so wrong or weird about that?
>because they can't get any tv network to pay for it
apparently thats not a problem anymore isnt it?

>it's still pointless for NJPW to work with any company that is not WWE or AEW because NJPW is bigger than IMPACT in the US.
this logic makes no sense
they're also arguably bigger than Revpro in the UK, that doesn't seem to bother them
they're definitely bigger than ROH in the US, yet they still keep their partnership in favour of everything else
they don't need a partner that's bigger than them necessarily, they just need one that can provide a new viewership, and even if AEW is a bigger company, which is why it would be understandable why they'd go for them instead, Impact also could offer a lot of new audience now that they're about to land in a channel with more people

>the site literally had interviews with Killer Kross and Scarlett, and somehow, you don't know where claim came from.
the news also claim that there's other unhappy talent with the situation, but guys like Eli, Mojo and whoever left the company these past two years never mentioned anything like that despite not being bound by the legalities of their contracts, whats that? they also have japanese mentality?

>When you sue someone and win, you most likely get paid compensation or at the very least the lawyer fee paid. You can do all the mental gymnastics and deflection you want, but the thing is IMPACT doesn't even have to sue, but they didn't release any fucking statement refuting the claim nor they respond when asked for comments about the claim.
except they did

heelbynature.com/wrestling-news/impact-wrestling/report-impact-wrestling-sources-respond-to-talent-unhappy-with-late-merchandise-royalty-payments/

>because Kenny showing up a couple of time beforehand, to betray Kota or whatever they were planning to build this match, was completely out of the realm of imagination, right?
Because Kota already have programs set all the way up to WK, you dumb fuck.

>they were paying them to show up on their own channel as a temporary situation until they found a better deal, what's so wrong or weird about that?
>apparently thats not a problem anymore isnt it?
Impact is still not getting any fucking money that doesn't come directly from Anthem's pocket, you absolute chIMPACTzee

>they're also arguably bigger than Revpro in the UK,
that's their foothold to the UK, once they are established in the UK, they'll run without them too

>they're definitely bigger than ROH in the US, yet they still keep their partnership in favour of everything else
because the relationship cost nothing, there's literally zero obligations

>they just need one that can provide a new viewership,
IMPACT can provide this how?

>they're about to land in a channel with more people
they are about to land in the same channel as NJPW, you fucking bellend.

>despite not being bound by the legalities of their contracts
Impact was in the middle of a lawsuit with Eli Drake before they settle thing off court.
who the fuck is mojo?

>Because Kota already have programs set all the way up to WK, you dumb fuck.
well fucking change them then, people will survive Ibushi not facing Naito for the 20th time if it means we're getting Omega vs Ibushi, trust me

>Impact is still not getting any fucking money that doesn't come directly from Anthem's pocket, you absolute chIMPACTzee
but they are, through their own subscription service, attendance numbers, ppv buys, merch sales, like any other company, just like ROH does with Sinclair and AEW does with the Kahns, there's no difference between any of them other than the fact that Kahn doesn't happen to own the network AEW will air on

>that's their foothold to the UK, once they are established in the UK, they'll run without them too
Tana fucking hashi is their current world champion, that's how much more than ROH they trust that company, they're not even comparable to how ROH is getting treated
they could already do standalone shows there no problem, but working with them closely is more worthy in establishing a relationship with the UK

>because the relationship cost nothing, there's literally zero obligations
i don't wanna delve into the details of this partnership because i don't know them, but i really don't think ROH has the power to keep New Japan hostage over legal quibbles or else that would have made news

>IMPACT can provide this how?
AEW has more fans, but many, most of them already watch NJPW, not that it wouldnt be useful tho, i dont wanna say Impact is more favourable as a deal, but if they chose to work with a company as small as RevPro then for the same logic Impact can provide them with new eyes on the prodyc

>they are about to land in the same channel as NJPW, you fucking bellend.
and? doesn't mean they will attract the very same fanbase by default

>Impact was in the middle of a lawsuit with Eli Drake before they settle thing off court.
the 12 months clause was never in effect to begin with

>VOW

Rather Impact didn't desu

Attached: image.jpg (200x202, 16K)

Everybody whining about how NJPW is being so mean to TNA and holding a grudge against them, what exactly does TNA have to offer NJPW? You can't just say "It's a different company now, those people are gone!", why should NJPW give enough of a shit to actually want to work with Impact? They're a run of the mill indie that's as dead as RoH at this point.

>purchases a cable network
>dead

You can shit on them for shit opinions as much as you want and you will get all the support I can give you, but you cannot take away that people talk to them and give them scoops.

AXS still is in fewer homes than Pop TV and they were already pretty much dead when they were on Pop.

They could use Elgin again...
oh umm RVD....

Nice cope. Anthem is clearly firmly behind Impact and growing the product. I will read this post to my OwlChad grand children in future, when telling them all about How Impact won the promotion wars

someone extrapolate me how Anthem buying AXS TV and airing Impact there will make it great again...

It's just content. The whole point of Anthem buying AXS is to switch the channel to 24/7 combat sports and rename it the Fight Network,

Shows already great, but now its more visible

GEDO hates Impact after their treatment of Okada according to Harry Smith.

maybe someone should tell that retard it has completely new management and ownership since then

So what. Anthem has now them by the balls if they want to keep airing on AXS.

>YOU HAVE TO BE OUR FRIENDS NOW MY RICH DADDY BOUGHT THE NETWORK SO NOW YOU HAVE TO PLAY NICE WITH ME OR ELSE
ugh
TNA is so pathetic

They've held more shows on US soil in the past 2 years than they ever did since they were founded in 1972. They hired Harold specifically with a view to expanding NJPW to the English speaking world.

Calling GEDO a retard is a bit extreme.

>I have a learning disability and struggle with reading
Very brave of you to admit on here user
I applaud you.

Bully ray fucked up the realtiobship and new japan dropped ROH

Oh no. If NJPW lost AXS, then I guess they would have no choice but to keep doing US shows and just air them on NJPW World live instead of with a retarded delay. How terrible that would be.

It really isnt

what's the point though? AXS TV don't run ads, they make money by charging company that air their channel. I don't know how adding Impact or making it a 24/7 combat sports channel is going to make anyone money.

Is it not a smaller channel than POP TV? It would be stupid to air it on the same day as NJPW or WOW because ain't nobody got time for a 3 or 4 hours wrestling in a day.

Almost as if NJPW is making up excuses because they don't want anything to do with Impact.

Yeah NJPW is most definitely airing on AXS TV without a contract that can be cancelled at anytime without penalties.

yeah NJPW definitely wouldn't care about losing 200k US viewers how silly of me to think that

Hold on pal are you saying NJPW doesn't want the amazing talents of Michael Elgin and Sami Callihan, guys they already fucking fired?

no, they clearly want Kenny King and Matt Taven instead

Impact and the ChIMPACTzees at the asylum and DPW didn't care that they lost 2 million viewers, why would NJPW care?

NJPW has more buzz and better product than Impact plus it is a live sports based show, ESPN, TNT, DAZN and B/R live are probably interested.

Okada vs Mahabali Shera is going to sell out the Tokyo Dome, brother!

Tanahashi vs Tessa Blanchard are going to sell out the Melrose Ballroom at Slammiversary!

It's not live, at this point it's just a supercut of NJPW World. They don't even do their own commentary track anymore (which imo points to the superfluousness of AXS to NJPW's enterprise)

obviously if NJPW is getting paid the right money, there is no reason why they can't have a live weekly show. And there is no reason they can't do a supercut show as well, they can always pay to use the english commentary from asahi tv.

>obviously if NJPW is getting paid the right money, there is no reason why they can't have a live weekly show
One of the things NJPW has over AEW and WWE is doing tours then getting a week- 2 weeks off
if you do a live TV show with Travel to the states you are gonna lose some people

Not really, dude, they would have to have a tangible chunk of the roster be in the US all the time, which means they couldn't do dates in Japan and the Japanese gates are NJPW's main source of income. You can't fuck with those under any circumstances.

Maybe in a few years the LA Dojo will have turned out some stars and you can think about something like that. But that's a long way off.

why do you care so much about some shitty tna fansite? don't you have something better to do? I know you're a poorfag because if you had money then you would be posting on the official f4b loltna thread instead of a mongolian origami board.

why do they need to travel to the states to record weekly TV? they have satellites in Japan since they live broadcast their shows all over the world via NJPWorld, it even have english commentary. Just has to tweak the schedule and rotate the roster so they can have a 2 hour each week.

>Nope, Callihan is working with MLW
Not anymore bitch lmfaooooo

Maybe I'm posting anonymously here for a reason?
Maybe I'm Meltzer? Maybe I'm Alvarez?
or Maybe I'm Chris Fucking Regal?
or his totally exist and very much alive brother? or sister?
or maybe I'm Josh Matthews?

>Dave doesn't know
No surprise there.