WON:

WON:
>the thing with AEW and DDT...I don't know what this means for New Japan. Maybe it divides them further? Kenny went to Japan during the G1 finals to set this up. New Japan wasn't interested. There remain differences that would have to be sorted out if they're ever going to partner, maybe even people in the office no longer involved with the company. The thing about AEW is that, going forward, Tony is only letting guys work for other promotions that they're partnered with. Kenny is going to be there for DDT's Sumo Hall show, which is going to be big for them (tickets are already nearly sold out)
So is DDT in and New Japan out?

Attached: 129348929832.jpg (632x317, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0jjOpllWZxW
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aren't Sanada and Suzuki freelancers? They could get them for ppvs and treat them well to show NJPW that there's no need to be upset. Anyway, DDT is more important for AEW right now due to their stacked women's division.

>Aren't Sanada and Suzuki freelancers?
Can't they at least be considered as independent artists? Yes, but they're not just freelancers. They've also established businesses. In order to be classified as artist, one has to have a business, and so a lot of times in Japan it's not the case. It's not only about selling one's works, but also about taking risks, having a hobby and trying to improve. I am no different. At a certain point in my life I had the chance to start a business, so I am very comfortable with the idea of moving out of the industry. I would, however, consider it an important job.

Do you prefer working with other artists, or do you love it when you work with no one? It's hard to say. That's not the same as liking it, though. I'm really happy when I work with other people, the best part is to be with people who aren't afraid of my work. I hate it when I'm with other people

Based New Japan will never work with these tranolas
They lost Kenny so the expansion lost steam as AEW moved into it's place, that sucks, but they can still tour America independently on a smaller scale and do big big business in Japan that exceeds anything any company but WWE does.
That, AND they still have potential access to Jericho and Kenny, without the hanger-ons.
Feels so good to win!

>tickets are already nearly sold out
how do you sell tickets to a free show>?

This is why I don't like Meltzer's opinion reporting sometimes. He should be writing about DDT here, but he makes it all about NJPW

Meltzer's reaction to the DDT news:

vocaroo.com/i/s0jjOpllWZxW

Oh no I can sense Meltzer quivering words just from reading this.

This is a problem. He hates comedy wrestling but will watch the show for the omega match and shit on it since it's not NJPW omega and will be Kenny just having fun

AEW didn't help out AAA with their US shows, and New Japan doesn't need help in Japan so why would they work with AEW?

He's never going to shit on Kenny since he's one of his sources.

I have been saying this the whole time but retards scream "DOUBLE DOME SHOW REEEE" ignoring the fact tickets for both shows are doing better then last year at this point

he shit all over Yano vs Kenny from the G1

>They lost Kenny so the expansion lost steam as AEW moved into it's place, that sucks, but they can still tour America independently on a smaller scale and do big big business in Japan that exceeds anything any company but WWE does.
The thing about a promotion that has a ton of superstars that aren't at the same time is they get to be super talented on paper. With Kenny, I don't think we can really say what he actually is. So, if he wins the championship, he doesn't really have the same ring credentials for the big stage. But I don't know if it's the same thing with Finn Balor where he's just a wrestler on paper. It's hard when a guy is going to get booked against a guy that is more athletic and more skill than him in many ways."

>When asked about AJPW's lack of a tag titles, Balor said. "Yeah, no tag titles. There's no reason for it. There's no reason [laughs]. When you can have the two top guys in the world who have such a tremendous rivalry, it's going to be hard for anyone to defeat them, which I think will be great."

someone has the link to WON

>nearly sold out
Kenneth can't even sell out a bingo hall lmao

Except he's doing it right now?

yeah i've heard that too and consider it an admission that someone doesn't know what they're talking about. like the young bucks are needed to sell out a liger retirement show.

>not an instant sell out
A guy like Seth Rollins would instantly sell out. If course he's the number 1 wrestler in the world so a not unfair to compare to some indie shitter

You should post a source on that. They haven’t sold out a Dome in almost 2 decades but you fags think they’ll suddenly sell out 2 in a row?

DDT also has guys who can work a good match with inanimate objects and Joey Ryan and a fucking load of promising young dudes, whereas NJPW would only really give them shitters like Yoshihashi and a young lion. They also work a more American style there and a far more expansive one than the same match every night house style of new japan that would quickly bore the casual audience.
>artists
What the fuck are you talking about? Omega isn't working a 10 minute simulated wank in the gagosian. He's doing light entertainment with zero conceptual value.

>DDT is more important for AEW right now due to their stacked women's division
wut? except 2 or 3 girls TJPW is full of shitters and besides womens don't draw.

I disagree. Kenny Omega, and for that matter Cody Rhodes and the Young Bucks, are truly artists. They are a very talented wrestling unit and a great match is no more than a product of them combining their talents. For the fans who have had the misfortune to get caught in that trap, these guys can't be better than what they have been getting for their entire careers.

There is nothing wrong with booking and producing shows that are a little light on substance and more heavy on the spectacle. Fans need to see it all because to truly appreciate and root for the wrestlers on an individual level these acts still need to bring out the best in those individuals. If you're a professional wrestling fan you might as well be the average fan or even the idiot. It's a matter of taste.

That's the nature of wrestling, but as an industry that makes all of it to do with what fans want we ought to be cognizant of our place in the entertainment and entertainment consumption. Our business has never been an industry built on selling tickets or selling merchandise. This has always been an entertainment medium which has always been a reflection of our values and beliefs. Wrestling is an inherently violent and vulgar art form, but if it is to become a viable, global sport we must also be able to hold the line on violence. This is why I have always supported the International Wrestling Federation (the largest wrestling federation in the world) in a zero tolerance policy for all forms of violence in live or studio shows.

Stop trying to trigger me ya retard. Why don't you go learn even the name of even one actual artist who is actually alive and actually working right now or stop trying to pretend your favourite circus act is art because you think that word automatically ascribes cultural value to things.

The report is he’s going to DDT. What more do you want him to comment on regarding that?

Omega’s relationship with NJPW is a far bigger story than the fact he’s going to DDT

tl;dr dilate harder

K

Fake news

>Omega’s relationship with NJPW is a far bigger story than the fact he’s going to DDT

only if you're a bushidrone

He said he was going to do a few specials shows in DDT last March.

It’s nothing to do with if you think NJPW is good or not. He’s going to DDT. That’s the beginning and end of the story. The ramifications in regards to what that means for new Japan is a bigger story.

Dave is making shit up just to convince himself that aew and njpw wants anything to do with each others

Exactly! He is obsessed with njpw its fucking annoying

Is that why he is literally one of the worst drawing champion ever with Kofi kingston?

The bigger story is the partnership between AEW and DDT. Are DDT guys going to be appearing? Are AEW guys going to be showing up in DDT? Will this lead to AAA and DDT working together (Maximo Sexy vs DANSHOKU DINO)? Will OWE be working with DDT? Will Omega be putting Takeshita over at some point (please no)? Will AEW take Takeshita as a regular (please yes)? Where the fuck is Irie and why hasnt Kenny signed him since they're friends?
But no, all they talk about is new japan who have literally nothing to do with any of this.

>Omega’s relationship with NJPW is a far bigger story

it's a non-story except for the bit where Dave has been acting as a voice for AEW for months

Yep, I said they were the DDT of the west when they first started so i won't be watching this gay shit.

They're nowhere near as good as DDT and their roster isn't close to as good.

k

>Comedy wrestling company allies with comedy wrestling company

I don't see what is wrong with this

I doubt he will return in the short term, it's gonna take years or something extraordinary for him to back. If he does in the circumstances he is now he will return as the executie vice presiden of gAyEW and he will demand way better pay and privileges and i don't think this will translate into big enough profits for NJPW. If he ever returns it will be as a nostalgic special attraction.

No one gives a shit about DDT in the west nor in Japan seeing as they can't even sell out their biggest show of the year despite the tickets being free.

They're on the decline because they keep pushing the wrong guy. They were doing incredible a couple years ago. Wrestling is generally unpopular as a whole worldwide. People who watch wrestling care about DDT.

>AEW didn't help out AAA with their US shows
Because AAA didn't want any help. They were specifically asked about this at their MSG announcement press conference.

yea bc that was a comedy match. he gives all of yano's matches bad reviews. one bad review for kenny in years and years of coverage, oh no, guess he's not biased after all.

I watched Peter Pan and thought it was a great show but almost no one talks about it. So saying people who watch wrestling care about DDT is wrong, people thinks that every DDT match is a Joey Ryan style match.

>People who watch wrestling care about DDT.
Only when Omega and/or Ibushi are involved. And that's bc those two were/are big in New Japan.

If you think that the autists who post on the Internet all day are the entire wrestling audience and not a small, autistic pocket then you're absolutely retarded.
DDT was popular before them since DDT made both of their careers ya ninny.

>Are DDT guys going to be appearing?

Yuka Sakazai and Shoko Nakajima have already appeared.

As for men, It would be good to see Takeshita and Endo make an appearance in AEW, if only to educate the Nu-japenlets that there is more talent out there other than Bushiroad

There was plenty of hype about Takeshita and Endo, enough to get both Meltzer and the VOW guys to watch it (although both rated it great but not MOTY level, which shows their bias, big time seeing as it's still one of the top cagematch rated matches this year,

>the autists who post on the Internet all day are the entire wrestling audience and not a small, autistic pocket then you're absolutely retarded
As far as America goes you do realize that those people are the only ones who watch DDT right? And as for Japan only hardcores watch DDT.

>Yuka Sakazai and Shoko Nakajima have already appeared.
They are TJPW girls. They are under the DDT umbrella, but not on the DDT roster. Same goes for everyone in Basara and whatever the other DDT affiliate promotions are.
Takeshita sucks, going to the US might actually get him some personality though. It was a real waste not to book All Out for All Out.
The young dudes like Yuki Ueno are who you ant to come in and make your midcarders look good.

>you do realize that I have decided that the only people who watch wrestling are twitter fags because I never leave my house
Cringe.

I don't get it

Nice reading comprehension retard

Liger too.

What I'm saying is, AEW should get Liger at least once before he retires and preferably do it somewhere within driving distance of me.

>Are DDT guys going to be appearing?
Maybe, but none of them are big stars so it's not that important
>Are AEW guys going to be showing up in DDT? Will this lead to AAA and DDT working together (Maximo Sexy vs DANSHOKU DINO)?
I'm sure Dave would LOVE to talk about the possibility of that match.
>Will OWE be working with DDT?
They already did
>Will Omega be putting Takeshita over at some point (please no)?
No
>Will AEW take Takeshita as a regular (please yes)?
Maybe
>Where the fuck is Irie and why hasnt Kenny signed him since they're friends?
He's in STRONGHEARTS now and can show up if he wants to.
>But no, all they talk about is new japan who have literally nothing to do with any of this.
Because nobody cares about DDT

Just because Meltzer doesn’t talk about them doesn’t mean no one cares about DDT. If no one cares then they wouldn’t be at least the #3 promotion in Japan.

Why is NJPW so butthurt? Don't they understand that being on TNT is good for business?

It has nothing to do with pushing the wrong guy. It's the fact that they have no idea how to push and develop him. The problem lies in the promotion relying on the same stale presentation and formula for so long and their own struggle trying to fill specific roles for new guys. Compare New Japan's presentation changes from 2015 to now to DDT in the same timeframe. What has changed about DDT besides the names that have come and gone?

>DDT was popular before them since DDT made both of their careers ya ninny
As in DDT being popular before New Japan or before Ibushi & Omega? Both are wrong. Things like their match with Taguchi & Devitt, their Super Junior runs and Ibushi's G1 push and subsequent double contract made them bigger stars while being in DDT than they would've been otherwise. Once they were gone, the attention and hype started leaving too.

Dave didn't watch the show, that was someone else who watched it and reviewed it.

Because Japanese are stubborn as hell. They let their pride get in the way of business and to them honor is everything. For NJPW, Kenny, the Bucks and Cody leaving is shamefur dispray on their part. The fact that they could not get them to stay in NJPW due to them low balling the Elite is their biggest mistake they have done in years. Heck had NJPW offered Kenny Omega Okada money it would have hurt AEW tremendously.

Also NJPW thought they had the Elite in their hands. Japs tend to get comfortable due to the natives being used to not leaving companies for years. They got comfortable with the Elite and did not considered that they were planning to leave let alone build a new promotion. At worst they probably imagined that some of them would go to WWE, something they can predict. NJPW offers less money than WWE but gives more creative freedom. They did not imagine that the Elite will build a promotion offering WWE money and giving wrestlers creative freedoms. That hurts NJPW because now they have to compete with AEW for talent.

To give you an idea how bad things were going between the Elite and NJPW, Kenny Omega and the Bucks were closer in getting a deal with WWE than NJPW. Triple H did more work in trying to get the Elite than NJPW did in keeping them.

That's still not proven and no matter what they'd have to work AEW's way and no sensible company would want that.

>TNT is good for business
How? I doubt this will get them new fans and and NJPW will get $0 from the TV deal.

It will give them exposure like the never had before and the possibility to finally sell out one of their US shows.

Irony. You literally admitted that you think that only people who spend all day posting about wrestling on the Internet watch wrestling which is fucking retarded.
>Maybe, but none of them are big stars so it's not that important
To edrones, maybe. Dino and HARASHIMA are big stars who have consistently been great for their entire careers. Isami Kodaka, who I assume is still running Basara, is one of the most popular indy workers in Japan and a certified draw. There are also a tonne of potential stars in the company who are stuck behind Takeshita who will never get over.
>I'm sure Dave would LOVE to talk about the possibility of that match
I'm sure it already happened. At the very least there is a picture of the two of them together.
>Because nobody cares about DDT
If nobody is a group term for edrones and nujapanlets then sure, because they are all nobody incels. To people who watch wrestling and have sex DDT is the most based promotion.
>The problem lies in the promotion relying on the same stale presentation and formula for so long
They have never tried to make a new ace this way before, ya retard. And their presentation is the perfect format for a wrestling show, the problem is that they use the wrong guys in the wrong positions.
>their match with Taguchi & Devitt
They had already won match of the year before that happened and DDT was already being talked about internationally and still has the same top 2 guys it had then.

>To people who watch wrestling and have sex DDT is the most based promotion.
Puro twitter loves DDT and ive never seen a bigger group of permavirgins in my life brother.

The vast majority of NJPW western fans discovered them because of bunch of twitter GIFs, they should embrace social media more, that will give them way more exposure than TV.
Also burgers like a different style, i doubt they will ever be that popular in the US unless they become a WWE like product.

Knowing what puro twitter do and don't like makes you the biggest permavirgin. Pretty sure they're just contrarians anyway.

Let me tell you how I know you're a nujapanlet

Read again you fucking moron, where did I admitted that I think that only people who spend all day posting about wrestling on the Internet watch wrestling? Only the hardcores of the hardcores watch DDT in the west and those people are the ones who talk about wrestling on boards. And lmao at "To people who watch wrestling and have sex DDT is the most based promotion" it's obvious the only woman you ever touch was your mom.

>Dino and HARASHIMA are big stars who have consistently been great for their entire careers.
Both aging and calling HARASHIMA a big star in 2019 is a stretch. Dieno will continue to get some level of attention due to being a sideshow attraction.
>Isami Kodaka, who I assume is still running Basara, is one of the most popular indy workers in Japan and a certified draw.
He is still running BASARA but he's not a "DDT guy", he's taking his brand out of the DDT umbrella and BASARA doesn't draw shit.
>There are also a tonne of potential stars in the company who are stuck behind Takeshita who will never get over.
That's DDT's fault. It has little to do with Takeshita directly
>To people who watch wrestling and have sex DDT is the most based promotion.
Yikes
>They have never tried to make a new ace this way before, ya retard.
Yeah because every company suddenly wanted an Okada but didn't know how to develop a successful one until All Japan turned Kento into a Tanahashi hybrid.
>And their presentation is the perfect format for a wrestling show
It's not even the best presentation in its own echo-chamber. The shit is clearly not working at a core level anymore in terms of growth, especially after years of not changing anything along with the bloated roster.
>the problem is that they use the wrong guys in the wrong positions.
There is literally nobody in that company that can carry the role of ace better than Takeshita, and I say that knowing how sad that is given how poorly they've gone about his push. It has nothing to do with him, but the people booking
>They had already won match of the year before that happened
No they didn't
>and still has the same top 2 guys it had then.
Part of the problem

Let me tell you how I know you're a nujapanlet

>You now remember in 2015 when Tanahashi came to DDT and shat on them so hard they still haven't recovered business wise.

Fuckin' sweet get, nigger.

Fuckin' sweet get, nigger.

Remember when Riki Choshu buried Gota Ihashi and that tried becoming an angle? Yikes.

Gota is always getting buried, guy. That's his entire character.

What did he do?

Shat on DDT, cant you read, stupid?