*goes 30 minutes with literally everybody*

>*goes 30 minutes with literally everybody*
will someone tell this self mark that length =/= good match?

Attached: EC890115-668D-47F9-B618-B938B0338BC9.jpg (800x666, 88K)

No because I would never lie to Will

>pro wrestlers book themselves
Lol mark

Will is definitely too generous in the ring for a guy booked as strong as he is. Hes over because the fans love his shit but he really should protect himself a bit more. He took the most offense out of anyone from Narita in the BOSJ, it helped Narita, and probably didnt hurt him, but there should be someone stopping him from letting it happen.

He's following the philosophies of his senpais Okada and Tanahashi.

Thats true I suppose. Tanahashi, coming off a Tokyo Dome main event win went 15 minutes with Shota in the NJC.

unironically what is his gimmick? Superhero cosplayer?

Ospreay and SHO going 30 minutes sounds relevant to my interests.

>length =/= good match
wtf how does he do it then

It was necessary for the story of the BOTSJ. Ospreay had to fight from behind and battled his way to win his block as an underdog, to contrast with Shingo going undefeated and barely ever looking in danger.

Aerial Assassin

Attached: HLS_270_v4 (272p).webm (600x340, 2.3M)

brit who flips

President of the okada fan club

Reminder that it took Okada 20 minutes to beat that guy from TM 61. This shit is one of the worst things about New Japan.

you realize you can't read right?

the guy from TM61 hes talking about is Mikey Nicholls. Okada had him in a main event though, so it had to go 20. They should have had something else main event and had the match go 12 minutes.

>he deleted his comment
KWAB

Attached: 1514941201451s.jpg (248x189, 9K)

That's New Japan's philosophy,if its a main event is should be very good regardless of which wrestlers are involved.
Needless to say to have a really good match you need time.

It can fuck off desu. Just came off a tournament and now he's going almost 30 with Amazing Red? Like, he's Will's childhood hero sure but he has to realize his childhood shitter's a retired dimeless nobody. Squash that geek and move onto round 2 I ain't watching half an hour of an amazing simp match.

It was the main event,i'm sure the people that paid for a ticket were satisfied,fucking Yea Forumsies not understanding what actually draws.

>Needless to say to have a really good match you need time.
Lol no. The mark of a capable wrestler is managing to fit a story within limited confines.

I don't care about the fucking marks you geek nobody brought additional tickets to see a 30 minute Dimeless Red match they brought tickets to see Will regardless of his opponent and regardless of his match time. Could've delivered in 15-20 and the house would've had the same amount of people.

>nobody brought additional tickets to see a 30 minute Dimeless Red match
No, but they might buy a ticket next time NJPW is in town because the last time they went the main event was great. Thats how they operate. Deliver in big singles to keep attendance growth. Its working.

>and regardless of his match time

New Japan built his reputation by having long bouts,Ospreay himself built his reputation by having long bouts with a really high workrate,keeping people entertained for 30 minutes is better than keeping people entertained only for 15.
And longer matches=more exposure for the wrestlers=match feels more important

And they would've done the same off a fast-paced and more competent 15 minute match that didn't drag like shit.

>keeping people entertained for 30 minutes is better than keeping people entertained only for 15.
Not everybody wants to watch 30 minutes of the same spots over and over. It gets tiring for people with brain cells who can map the matches out as they happen after watching a few.
>And longer matches=more exposure for the wrestlers=match feels more important
You're a literal mark getting worked by their style. Importance is denoted by performance, not length of time, and length of time mean a great performance.

were you in the building for the match? how do you know it dragged like shit? Pretty much everyone ive seen talk about it online said it was great.

I saw it and there's no need for a match involving a retired career geek and an actual draw to go 30. Could've been one-sided and 15 with a better story like Will in his prime dominating his idol. A borderline squash match like that old WCW Cruiserweight match between Ultimo and Rey, I think, and it would've been even more better, logical and competent while making more active intelligent use of half the match time.
But shit has to drag.
>people who talk about new japan enjoy it
Woah it's almost like the marks that review things have nothing better to do than watch half an hour of the same flips every month.

>by their style

Fucking durr of course i like their style,its ADDfags like you that want matches to be shorter,personally i have never seen a boring singles Okada match and he often goes 25+ minutes.

>ADD fags
I'm fine with matches going long, just the right matches.
Did Mikey Nicholls need to go long? Did EVIL/Tanahashi need to go 23? EVIL/Okada need to go near 30? Only competent wrestlers with the right build in the right spot should get that time. Amazing Red getting it just makes it shallow.

you saw it? so you bought a ticket and went to the show? because it hasnt been uploaded yet you moron. I feel like you are talking complete shit and havent actually seen it, because if you were there you would have said you were.
Take a screen of the ticket receipt you goon.

Pic of ticket stubs, pictures taken at the event, etc? Everyone is saying it was amazing, is everyone wrong and you are right?

you guys realise that the wrestlers themselves don't decide match length, right?

Bunch of retards with that Triple H mindset

New Japan doesn't do squash matches because they want every member of the roster to look like they have a chance no matter how small to beat anybody else,that's why the G1 works so well

>Did EVIL/Tanahashi need to go 23? EVIL/Okada need to go near 30?
Evil beat Sanada, Kenta and Ibushi in the G1. He was positioned well overall. It makes complete sense for those matches to go that long. Especially the Okada match where they have a history, and it makes more sense for the match to be drawn out.

Yes I went you simps. I'm not even disagreeing and saying the match was bad I'm saying it dragged needlessly and needlessly dragging matches themselves are a plaguing philosophy.
I don't have my stubs because it wasn't Wrestle Kingdom or Dominion it was Super J Cup Night 1 headlined by fucking Amazing Red I'm not keeping that shit like some mark.
You'll just have to trust me :^)

Amazing Red isn't a member of the roster and I said "borderline" squash. Yknow, like Jericho vs Okada at Dominion this year?

EVIL didn't beat KENTA. Most people beat SANADA. Ibushi's a valid point.
EVIL is still boring as shit and Tanahashi never had chemistry with him much less current duct-tape superglue'd oldmanahashi. Main event spots should be given to people that can utilize them, not simps and oldfaggots.

And that's why you are wrong,people pay to have great main events,your idea of "just have a 15 minute match in the main event of nearly every tour they do unless Okada and the other top guys are involved" doesn't work and would be damaging to their business.

post a screen of your email receipt.

>"just have a 15 minute match in the main event of nearly every tour they do unless Okada and the other top guys are involved

I literally didn't say that. Main events of tours usually involve titles. Those SHOULD go long.
Ospreay vs Amazing Red is a first-round match involving a retired non-roster member. Somebody backstage should've pulled Will aside and told him not to be a mark.

No I can't be bothered to validate you

>Somebody backstage should've pulled Will aside and told him not to be a mark.

Ya simp he doesn't decide how long to go,New Japan's bookers do.

Then I dont believe you. You would have mentioned it sooner and wouldnt have used the term 'saw it'.

This is literally a match that Will effectively organized and set up. It's his childhood hero, he wanted him back out of retirement and got him this match.
This is the one match that DOES apply to because he had a direct hand in it's creation.
Therefore, somebody should've pulled him aside and given him the 15-20 slot instead of placating that simp's mark fantasies with 30 because Red's a fucking jabroni.

Ok I accept that you have trust issues because your mother bonce ronced your cornew

The time limits are not decided by Ospreay,they told him "you have 30 minutes and you are going to win" and they decided the in-ring stuff to perform.

You're a liar making up a story just to make the stupid argument that they shouldn't have a lengthy retirement match for someone when they have a chance, with a guy who idolized him, in front of a foreign crowd that doesn't often get to see NJPW, and might never get to see Amazing Red again. You try to back up your dubious point by claiming you were coincidentally there, and will continue to post in this thread, but can't bother proving it despite it being very easy, and would mean you have a much bigger claim to the argument you are putting in the time to try and squeeze by with a stalemate.

I didn't say they were? State of your reading comprehension.
I'm saying they should have reined in his in-ring stuff because
>30 minute Amazing Red match
Yikes!

seethe