Kayfabe is dead, and that's the bottom line

Attached: causestonecoldsaidso.png (878x464, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/steveaustinBSR/status/1165278869747687424?s=19
youtube.com/watch?v=un7q2hWnfi4
youtu.be/ZYuNQ0w1QvE
youtube.com/watch?v=fhL0aVtNDtw
youtube.com/watch?v=IvuUJi6LQRI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

haven't seen this at all today

wtf is this retard doing???

RIP Cornette

>Magician: "HERE'S HOW THE MAGIC TRICK IS DONE PEOPLE WATCH CAREFULLY!"

We now live in a timeline where stone cold is the "current year" guy.

Attached: firstblood.jpg (480x360, 24K)

>bruh

Attached: D2FqjHHVYAAj_mf.jpg (1080x806, 133K)

>making and posting fake tweets
embarrassing

twitter.com/steveaustinBSR/status/1165278869747687424?s=19

this is a real tweet, by the way.

he was "current year" in 98 you soupbrain
youtube.com/watch?v=un7q2hWnfi4

why do "white" americucks talk like kneegrows?

Almost everyone knew wrestling was fake when Austin was in his prime, the thing about kayfabe is it helps the viewer suspend themselves in disbelief long enough for them to think/pretend it's real.
Without kayfabe it's harder to believe the match is real and it becomes harder to trick your brain. Believing the match is fake is literally the opposite of what you should be doing but hardcore smarks want something different because they've watched traditional kayfabe mandrama for decades. Breaking kayfabe is the retarded way to be contrarian.

Attached: jayare.gif (200x200, 3.95M)

Holy shit, it only took 2-3 full threads, but there’s finally a link to the source.

he's a retired wrestler reminiscing about matches from 3 decades ago, i enjoy the angry cornette rants as much as anyone else but you're being ridiculous

If there's one thing I can applaud Bray Wyatt for is that his Twitter is 90% kayfabe

2 decades*

>hardcore smarks want something different because they've watched traditional kayfabe mandrama for decades.
I don't think modern smarks have. Most of them are zoomers who grew up in a time when kayfabe was already dead.

Do you know that all the top guys back then did routinely did interviews where they talked about themselves as characters? What exactly do you think has changed?

Only faggots and niggers say bruh, brother HH

Attached: 1563732371541.jpg (1151x1838, 1.4M)

Wrestling has a severe manbaby problem and the childish devotion to enforcing kayfabe in a wrestler's personal life is one of the biggest symptoms of it.

18+ kid

I never said it was a new problem.

>plebbit acting like SCSA saying bruh is unusual
He says it in every interview. Very quickly and naturally and you would hardly catch it.

It is though, it's a social media problem. Austin wasn't posting pictures of himself on the internet laughing and having dinner with Vince in 1998/99

Children who have grown up with all their TV shows being completely exposed on social media don't see how it is a problem

youtu.be/ZYuNQ0w1QvE
Austin out of character and praising McMahon at 04:46 in the middle of the height of their feud.

The Rock, Triple H, and John Cena all regularly did talk shows talking about how they "act" on TV.

Happy to see Stone Cold is a true SoCal resident.

Kayfabe has been dead since the late 80's/early 90's. No one really cares mate.

Outside of wrestling, what are you even getting at?
Are you implying people watching television shows in the 90s thought the actors were actually their characters? Because only very few, very dumb people thought that.

Cringette does

Even earlier than that. It goes back before the 50s. But if you want a hard cut-off 1950 is a good spot to pick where only foolish people still truly believed it was real. But a lot more people liked to play along back then, and certainly the wrestlers went to great lengths to preserve the suspension of disbelief in terms of their character work (the wrestling was much less realistic then than it is now).

Based Landsberg working marks.

youtube.com/watch?v=fhL0aVtNDtw

>Why won't the key demographic for success listen to autistic incels and an aging fatass from Kentucky whose understanding of pop culture caps at 1980 understand that any business catering to THEM is a major problem!

Cornette seems to think all "true" wrestling = the south in the 80s + WWF in the 90s aka the places he worked. It's just a silly amount of short-sightedness.

It's called suspension of disbelief, something basically impossible these days. Superhero movie/Game of Thrones marks are worse than 1980s wrestling marks, how can you take that retarded CGI shit seriously

>Hogan is Clawpilled
Absolutely based

Literally no wrestling fans watched those shows, extremely easy to avoid unlike social media

>something basically impossible these days.
again, what are you getting at? Do you think people in decades past were not watching interviews with famous actors, behind the scenes documentaries, or even collecting props and memorabilia about their favorite shows and movies?

I think you have picked a very bad hill here user.

So you've created a strawman to argue with yourself? Have fun bro

Well that is simply not true. These interviews were widely discussed on wrestling boards of the time. If you want to say a minority of wrestling fans you could possibly be correct (but keep in mind SCSA was world famous at the time and fans slavishly kept up with what he was doing), but to say "literally no wrestling fans" that is completely false.

No, I never said anything like that. If people wanted to expose the shows they watch they could watch interviews and behind the scenes shit. If they didn't want to expose their shows, they wouldn't watch it. Now when Austin posts "it's all fake you stupid marks" on social media it gets re-posted everywhere, how do you avoid it?

Penn and Teller are the most beloved and highest drawing magicians in the world.

>These interviews were widely discussed on wrestling boards of the time
Smarks are smarks. 90% of wrestling viewers back then weren't smarks, they watched Raw/Nitro/PPVs and that's it, they didn't go searching for kayfabe-breaking Austin interviews on random obscure chat shows

Extremely false. Why do you think you find so many wrestling people (Vince, Bret, Bischoff, Austin) on TSN around this time, dumbshit? Because they drew actual wrestling fans to the program. Fans did watch and seek them out because they were novel. You literally have no idea what the boom was like.

SO STONE COLD WAS PERUSING TWITTER EARLIER TODAY
>WHAT
STONE COLD SAW SOME TWEETS BY OL' JIM CORNETTE
>WHAT
JIM CORNETTE
>WHAT
THAT FAT SUMBITCH
>WHAT
THAT FOUR EYED JACKASS
>WHAT
THAT SPRITE GARGLING AUTISMAL MANCHILD
>WHAT
CORNY SAID THAT WRESTLING WAS A SPORT
>WHAT
SO STONE COLD REPLIED
>WHAT
"CORNY, DON'T YA KNOW WRESTLING'S FAKE?"
>WHAT
SCRIPTED
>WHAT
FIXED
>WHAT
WELL OL' CORNY FLIPPED HIS SHIT
>WHAT
CALLED STONE COLD A MORON
>WHAT
IDIOT
>WHAT
DUMBASS
>WHAT
SO STONE COLD
>WHAT
HE STOMPED A MUDHOLE IN JIM'S FAT ASS
>WHAT
AND WALKED IT DRY!
>WHAT
AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE
>WHAT
CUZ STONE COLD SAID SO

Attached: What.gif (220x161, 98K)

The late 90s wrestling boom had heavy amounts of social media. AOL chat rooms, wrestling forums, and fansites all documented and dissected every bit of newz. If you were a teenager in 1999 you were desperate to get internet access, and if you managed to pull it off one of the first things you'd look up is pro wrestling. And boy, what you would find.

As an aside: it feels like there has been a sort of "memory hole" action done to the fact that the internet was popular and influential before facebook, youtube, twitter, etc. Gen Zs and even some Millennials seem to assume only a scant few were online in the 90s when that is hogwash.

See the post directly above yours retard

Don't use twitter?
Don't follow SCSA?

Based Sensible Jimposter with a succinct take on exactly why s󠀀oysmarks are cancer!

the irony of this faggot
based

>90% of wrestling viewers back then weren't smarks, they watched Raw/Nitro/PPVs and that's it, they didn't go searching for kayfabe-breaking Austin interviews on random obscure chat shows
*sucks teeth*
You just weren't there, bud. You go to school there's always that one smark there talking about newz he read online, or you're the smark to begin with. You go to a guy's house for a get together to watch a PPV and there's always the one or two smark guys there telling everything they read in non-apter wrestling magazines. And probably you read some if it yourself in the supermarket or actually paid money for it so you could jerk off to that one photo your chosen Nitro Girl that was in it.

This idea that even casual fans (and more specifically teenage and college age males) in the 90s were not to some degree "smark" is a fantasy. Ironically a kayfabe of its own.

I don't do either of those things. Do you see OP's picture?

They weren't shitting all over kayfabe DURING their goddamn shows, nor in direct promotional material. Which is what Twitter is, particularly if you're using your goddamn ring name.

I can no longer tell if you smoothbrains are being deliberately obtuse in being unable to spot material differences between different things, or are just fundamentally mentally dysfunctional.

>AOL chat rooms, wrestling forums, and fansites all documented and dissected every bit of newz
Smarks are smarks, as already stated

>irony
don't use words you don't understand kid

>This idea that even casual fans (and more specifically teenage and college age males) in the 90s were not to some degree "smark" is a fantasy. Ironically a kayfabe of its own.
This
Same thing I think of when people say "people in Mexico take kayfabe seriously" - they don't, they're just willing to play along because they just want to see guys beating each other up, or some cool moves at the end of the day.

>when STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN white knights for you

Attached: 2019-01-23 14.55.31 1963381469430734973_2227744625.jpg (1080x1350, 176K)

Landsberg is one of very few people who have an interview with Mark Calaway, not the Undertaker.

Off The Record was a good show way back then.

Twitter is only direct promotional material in the WWE. Every other person in the industry considers twitter to be outside kayfabe and treats it as such.

>They weren't shitting all over kayfabe DURING their goddamn shows
t. did not watch wrestling in the 90s

>You just weren't there, bud
Yes, I was

Again, it's called suspension of disbelief, something that is impossible nowadays with social media. I was a smark back then but I could still enjoy the show because they weren't breaking constantly immersion by outright telling you it's all fake like they are now

>Landsberg
Literally never heard of this guy or his show apart from when WWF mentioned him

Cornette is one of the biggest hypocrites in the wrestling business since he used to do shoot rants on RAW in the mid 90s.

This is yet another reason why Undertaker is the G.O.A.T, and is ten thousand fucking times better than Austin could ever hope to be. 'Taker still keeps kayfabe, and doesn't go around posting retarded shit on social media. Austin BTFO.

Attached: utss98.jpg (620x349, 35K)

Nothing forces you to go on twitter.
If you want to complain the show breaks suspension of disbelief that's a different topic.

I'd LOVE to see Cornettes reaction to this Tweet from the biggest star in the modern era of the business.

>posts him the ratings
>buries stone cold stone austin
Wow, that was hard.

He will ignore it cause he is too much of a bitch to pick a fight with austin

WWE probably doesn't mention him much in the US since his interviews with WWE personnel were often shoot or worked-shoot.

Oh, and by the way he already addressed it, including the SCSA time
youtube.com/watch?v=IvuUJi6LQRI

Tldr nigga

You need only the first two minutes, he buries Cold Stone, and then keeps going.

>I have had as few $$$ ideas as my nemesis Vince Russo since leaving WWE and my time booking ROH was a complete joke but I can still rant like a lunatic so I must be correct.

Which fucking retarded zoomer took over steve's account? Please tell me he is not this gay.

>pic related

Attached: fsdfsf.png (577x247, 27K)

No, nothing like that.

Living in SoCal corrupts everyone, sadly.

>10+ minutes
life is precious user
And time is finite
Don't waste it like this

He's probably drunk. It's a Saturday afternoon.

I've never seen a truer statement posted on this board.

>Gen Zs and even some Millennials seem to assume only a scant few were online in the 90s when that is hogwash.
blame this faggot Yea Forums meme

Attached: 4chan zoomers actually believe this.jpg (913x1200, 142K)

>muh secret club

BASED

Deal with it, internet died when it broke kayfabe and became a bunch of people using real names.

Internet was devastatingly niche in the 90s.

also to debunk all of these
>phones connnecting to the internet were gaining increasing popularity as early as 2003 when cellphones started getting full color screens, and there were already phones that had decent internet capabilites in 2007 such as the T-Mobile Sidekick and Blackberry devices (Blackberrys were better than most at it at the time to the point that people who owned them called them "Crackberries"). The iPhone's internet browser was notable as one of the first to display webpages as they would actually look on a normal computer, and even then most people saw it as an iPod you could make phone calls with and it was at first only limited to people on AT&T
>shitty local news stories went viral even back then, plus you have the fallacy of calling local news stations on a channel that happens to be a Fox affiliate "Fox News"
>CBS made The Big Bang Theory specifically because "Geek Culture" was already popular by that point, mostly due to the fact that tech company CEOs were already among the richest men in the world. (Rappers were already comparing their wealth to Bill Gates by that point, see Nelly's "Country Grammar (Hot Shit)" released around 2000)
>Tumblr didn't get popular for another couple of years
>The Facebook thing is a fallacy, if social media wasn't a popular concept, why would millions of people move from one social network to another? (Facebook was seen as an "adult" alternative to Myspace because every page had a unified format and at the time every other Myspace page was a mishmash of puke neon colors with emo music autoplaying in the background)
>Twitter, see tumblr (Austin himself made his Twitter account in 2009, and mostly used it to entertain himself by making shitposts about beating up sharks and chickensauruses)

Jewish conditioning.

Late 90s absolutely not. What podunk backwater mudhole do you hail from?

But they dont show you the trick that THEY ARE doing. They subvert another way to do the same trick and then dont do it that way.

>What podunk backwater mudhole do you hail from?
That would explain it desu. By the late 90s virtually every major city had broadband cable internet/DSL, while people in the sticks were stuck with 56k for another ten years (if their shithole county even had that as an option)

Stone Cold saying people kinda know whats up and kayfabe being dead so twat faced uggos like Jordynne Grace can say they are Performance Artists are not mutually exclusive. When Austin had his feud with McMahon it was because kayfabe was mixed with reality but was still kayfabe. McMahon made his character by screwing Bret out of his belt which was the beginning of mixing kayfabe and reality (please dont start shouting that the Bret thing was a shoot or work. The fact you argue it means it was GOOD kayfabe because you cant tell either way). That continued with Austin up to and including the time he left WWE because of the match with Brock that was proposed to him. Kayfabe has ALWAYS been a mix of reality of fact and fiction that is what great kayfabe is. Blurring the lines until you cant tell what is real or isnt. And it isnt dead because people still argue about the good versions of it (Brock beating Taker and people mad he beat the streak and concussed Taker wondering if he went off script for example). The only difference now is that new elements have to be used to get kayfabe over (like Twitter etc) and that less guys are good at it and shitters think posting real stuff online is the new bees knees because they suck at being pro wrestlers.

You got told not to use your real name/location as a kid because they didn't want you being groomed by pedophiles in random chatrooms ya fucking dumbass.

1. Moreover, people were already using laptops all over the place. In addition to video game consoles using the internet as far back as the SNES/Genesis days. Eternal September with AOL is far more responsible for the idiotification of the internet more than the iphone.
2. Agree with you
3. South Park, anime, and World of Warcraft already proved that gamers and geeks were willing to throw down all sorts of money on retarded shit at that point. Make Love not Warcraft was a year old by the time BBT even started. Shit, South Park had been riding on US GEEKS HUH type humor for years.
4. Agreed. In fact, tumblr didn't really start taking off until 2010
5. Agreed. Myspace died because of that html abuse, same reason why people copypasted tumblr links and typed "/archive."
6. Odd enough to remember when Twitter actually was a free speech platform, ideally used by people under some sort of totalitarian lock down. I specifically remember it being used to show the Arab Spring shit because of no journalists. Then celebs started using it and it all went to shit. But that took years after 07 to happen.

I think the image was made by some dude that graduated high school in 2007, and didn't realize that he peaked then.

>It's actually real
Amerigay wrestling is dead, bury it. New Jachad is the future.

To expand on 3, World of Warcraft wouldn't even have gotten made if shit like Everquest and Ultima Online weren't already massively popular by that point, plus WoW explicitly marketed itself as an MMO without the bullshit that plagued other MMOs at that point (e.g., most of your early game combat leveling consisting of killing rodents)

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Seriously, on a hot day you can drink three in 15 minutes.

>pulls the ladder up on the next generation
nice

I'm from rural KY and I was online looking at wrestling news at school by 1997 in the 7th grade. Had two friends who had it at home in 1998. Internet in my own bedroom first time in summer 1999.

>they're just willing to play along because they just want to see guys beating each other up, or some cool moves at the end of the day.
That's how it works for normal people.
If you are paying to go to the wrestling show, why you wouldn't want to be captured by the story being told to you. Do people go to cinema and shout at the screen "Ha! Now this is the scene you will die in, because I have seen the trailers!"
Only mentally retarded people if they are in arena are not able or willing to suspend their disbelief. I do not care about outside of the arena, why the fuck should I require wrestlers to live their gimmick? That is fucking bullshit.

>something that is impossible nowadays with social media.
It's not. I can do it very easily. Lot of people can. You just cannot, because you let them live rent free in your head. Don't know if we ever talked to each other here, probably did and I probably told you several times over the years here, that you can just go offline, if you cannot. You can just not click on social media you can just filter your social media intake, if you cannot, just cannot (cause you are probably mentally ill, mate, seek help) not to filter wrestling stories through social media filter, maybe consider killing yourself? Cause you have a very hard life I guess.

>bruh

He's catering to the dipshits on Twitter to watch his show on Mondays. Fuck Austin, I'm not a cornette fan by any stretch but he's right about how the business should be presented.

Faking your real life in social media is even more pathetic than pretending to be a half-demon half-vampire on a forum.