Wtf lads? Cornette told me wrestling was respected in the 50s

wtf lads? Cornette told me wrestling was respected in the 50s

Attached: CLG-n3.webm (320x180, 752K)

Wrestling was exposed in the late 30s, but at least kayfabe was maintained

Based Cornette living rent free in this simpolas head.

Spot wrestling did not exist in its present form until Steamboat-Savage changed everything.
Finishes and overall time were always predetermined.

A-E-DUB
A-E-DUB
A-E-DUB

underrated post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHH IT WSAA VINCE IT WAS VINCE IT WAS VINCE NOOOOOOOOO NO NO NO NO NO NOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: aecuck.png (687x791, 78K)

the state of this jabroni

Steamboat-Savage was in 1987, well after spot wrestling and fully planned matches had been done for years around the world.

Yea Forums would never ever admit this but the current style of wrestling traces back to Jaguar Yokota and late 70s Joshi wrestling.

yes, pic related is the person responsible for a large majority of what goes on in wrestling rings these days. And she still wrestles. Sometimes life is stranger than fiction.

Attached: 1024px-Jaguar_Yokota_a_-_shimbashi_sep_1_2016[1].jpg (1024x1346, 164K)

i will also point out that one of Jaguar's peers and rivals, Mimi Hagiwara, was also influential to the transformation from 50s through late 70s wrestling to the fast paced gymnastic style it is today. Japanese wrestlers copied this because it drew and then western wrestlers ripped it off too.

Mimi Hagiwara, who retired in her twenties.
Who went on to a career of being a flamenco dancer on cruise ships.
Who had a shitty singing career.
For whom wrestling was just a stupid silly thing she did for a little while when she was young.

That's what modern pro wrestling is built off of.

Attached: AGF-l79OnTenrvge0XiUN1t9n3TJ0nan9N7tP4lAAg=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no[1].jpg (900x900, 84K)

Wrestling was known to be a work in the 20s, when bookies quit taking bets. Wrestling was a work as far back as 1900, if not earlier, but at least all of the workers were legit hookers.

Based Woody exposing the business

90's WCW fans legit thought it was real, white trash are dumb

I want to dispute this but I don't actually know who any of these people are.

There needs to be an Anime about these two. And their heir-apparent's like Manami Toyoda, Aja Kong, Akira Hokuto and Pic related.

Attached: 640px-Mariko_Yoshida.jpg (640x480, 42K)

Oh yeah, and Bull Nakano too.

nice fanfic NOAHs_Savior

Not him but there is some truth to it.

>him
Yikes

Yeah shame someone knows things beyond asps 5 words of doom like your cuck ass

He's right though. Old school joshi greatly influenced they "Jr Style" men's wrestling. They invented some of the moves still used today. It real injection of it into men's wrestling was the Tiger Mask vs. Dynamite Kid matches, not Flair-Steamboat.

Lincoln was ready to say wrestling was fake but we all know how that went down.

Who was the Jannetty?

>bookies quit taking bets
>corey graves talks about "betting good money" duriing commentary as of the last year
>UK sites still take bets
>Carter used to leak the results of the ppv's

damn ya got worked kid

the bird chest

I think overall wrestling fans who just casually follow wrestling history and get most of their information from the WWE tend to place Wrestlemania III as earlier than it really was. I bet if you asked some random wrestling fans to name the year it took place in they'd say 1980-85.

Thank you for this post. The #1 reason I browse Yea Forums is because I have no way of predicting what piece of history an user will share next.
That's gonna be a big HELL YEAH from me.

Attached: Hell Yeah.png (210x497, 23K)

Why did Warner job this mastodon out to Bugs?

Attached: tenor.gif (336x252, 2.36M)

>5 words of doom?
>shower
>weights
>sex
>clue
Thats only 4

Attached: A69355E0-DA6D-4502-893B-79FD60672210.png (300x250, 21K)

>cope
>seethe
>dialate
>worked
>based

Why KWAB didn't come out?

I said 5 and didn't want to give you an opening to say "kek user cant count" so I was hoping you wouldn't notice

Is he natty?

Because Bugs is a great promo and has off the charts charisma. He's dimes compared to this one dimensional musclehead.

>Because Bugs is a great promo and has off the charts charisma. He's dimes compared to this one dimensional musclehead

Attached: Neckbeard.jpg (405x720, 46K)