Gosh I want to give this bitch a rear naked choke

Gosh I want to give this bitch a rear naked choke

Attached: 9DBAD9E3-BAAE-450A-8CAF-90CF5BEB6EC9.jpg (750x710, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PjBeCwz2fXg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 3A24E7DE-58E0-4615-A8C7-822818D1076A.jpg (750x828, 373K)

I don't get how people are so fucking dumb. Of course it's a performance art, but it's a performance art that facades as a sport. You don't puncture that facade for literally zero reason. It's your responsibility as a worker to actually work, not go around yelling it's fake just because you can.

Based Cornetty getting these greenhorns over with the smarks

Isn't Cornette barred from this discussion by his own logic? He is not a professional wrestler and never was.

Corny getting worked real hard here.

Ugh, a little sexist, no? I thought Jim was woke.

"Performance art" is such a broad net that it's basically a meaningless signifier. Some chick can just shove some SpaghettiOs in her cooch in front of a crowd and call it performance art and she'd be correct, what's the point in even attributing that terminology when "pro wrestling" already exists on its own as a more accurate descriptor?

he was a booker for several promotions
if that doesnt qualify him then what the fuck does?

Because it's not about what it is as much as what it isn't and it isn't a sport so it's a performance art.

Attached: oh nononono.png (478x547, 236K)

It obviously isn't a sport, it's pro wrestling. Is it also performance art? I suppose, but why call it that?

New Japan and the few other decent decent wrestling companies that remain consider wrestling to be a sport,only WWE and shitty indie promotions want it to be considered something else.

Attached: 8876655.png (517x807, 209K)

Corny is perpetually worked into a shoot, all they did was jump in the crosshairs

It's clearly not a sport, but you're supposed to pretend that it is. That's the whole ''''performance art'''' bit.

I fucking hate Corny, not because he's a whiny liberal dicksuck, but because despite being a whiny liberal dicksuck i agree with him about wrestling too often, he's absolutely right about these shitters who have no respect for the business.

Attached: Busy_CEO.jpg (426x454, 118K)

Imagine if in the middle of terminator 2 Arnie turns to the camera and says 'hey, i'm not really a robot but the famous comedian arnold braunswiger and nobody is really in any danger, it's all just make believe!'
I imagine that would do a bit of harm to the tone and narrative of the film.

That's the problem, these fat tranny-enablers think wrestling is Last Action Hero instead of T2

Last Action Hero was fucking based tho. Today's wrestling, especially the shitters on the indies, fucking wish they could be LAH. Fuck, they're not even Kindergarten Cop or Junior at this point.

It's time for ol' Jim to #passthemic to a new generation of wrestlers.

Attached: Serious-Sport.webm (1280x720, 1.61M)

Professional wrestling exists in the world, is not reality, but is more like an agreed-upon surreality. The people who do it the best really get people to think it is "real" and achieve some sort of surreality. Artistically, professional wrestling is closer to the specific performance art of being a magician than performance art in general. All of these people today are running around say, "Oh yeah, David Copperfield isn't my real name, by biological name, its my "work name." My 'real name' is David Kotkin, and by the way, this is all BS, I can't actually do magic. I'm in a big fake fraternity where we perform fake magic."

I bet Joey loved that

Why do these dumbg fucks not realize that wrestling is, and has always been, at it’s best when it’s taken seriously and portrayed as close to reality as possible?

But bro that's the gimmick of the most succesful modern magician duos in Penn & Teller. They acknowledge the shit they do is fake, they even show how they do it to sell the skill and control necessary to make magic work

>AJ Kirsch
Literally a guy who participated on a wrestling reality tv show and nobody remember him

I love cornette but he's wrong. I watch WWE to see violent, dramatic dancing and critique the dancers on their performance. There is no sport involved.

Who the fuck cares dude. Just watch the damn wrestling fool. Instead of bitching

jim cornette is either a giant bitch or based af. There is no inbetween

He was a booker in multiple companies and even wrestled/took bumps in many of them. Sometimes he just likes to hate but he's right that shitters are shitters.

I hope pro wrestling dies so these faggots can go ruin something else instead

God she is fucking hideous

It would but in the case of Corny he was replaced by a video store owner so definitely not qualified.

How big would Penn and Teller be if Chris Angel, Dynamo, Ricky Jay, AND David Blaine were also showing people how they do it? It's a gimmick that can work, sure. Exposing the business, I believe, does have a place within the business, at least in the modern world of social media, but you can't peel back the curtain if there's no curtain to peel back.

>I don't get how people are so fucking dumb. Of course it's a performance art
Nice irony ya retard. There's no such thing as "a performance art", there's just performance art. Individual works are art, not entire media. Not every painting is art but some are, not every vomit is art but there have been a few, not every wrestling match is art and also no wrestling match ever has been.
If you can't name 5 living contemporary artists you're not qualified to argue with me.

Why does that bother you? Jim is almost always bang on with his critique of wrestling. Just filter out his shitty political rants and stay for the scathing reviews and tales of the good ol' days.

I have no clue who that AJ jew idiot is

Penn banged my ex wife so i will perpetually hope for his painful death. he worked me good.

former Tough Enough participant

What a smug dumb bitch.

Cornette can be a miserable fucker who refuses to give things a chance but he's a much better alternative than these people.

based fucking corny never stopping even in the face of death

sounds like he worked your wife better

Sigh, based.

I’m not the type to go around hating female wrestlers for no reason but holy shit this bitch can suck my dick.

When is that fat fucking cow Jordynne going to fuck off to patreon "modeling" already? This dumb skank is a real lolcow.

Live action athletic theater with emphasis on combat

But she said it on Twitter, not in the ring. I'd agree with you if she stopped mid-match, but it was just a twitter thing. Lots of actors in interviews have said things among the lines of "It's just acting", and no one gives them shit.

The people want to believe but I don’t think that most of the wrestlers today have the confidence in themselves that they can make fans believe.

Jordynne Grace isn’t even a bad wrestler but her ego makes her think she’s a lot smarter than she is. So she’s trying to intellectualize her not even trying to sell the illusion of wrestling with ‘performance art’ as a sticking point and Cornette keeps making her look stupid.

lol why so pathetic old timers insist play fighting is a sport? They literally go backstage and talk about what they’re gunna do, its choreography. And if they call it in the ring, it’s improv. What a bunch of fake faggots.

It IS a performance art

Do people really except wrestlers to be in kayfabe 24/7? Actors dont, why should wrestlers?

Attached: 131342535.jpg (1106x1012, 70K)

The old timers were around when wrestling was popular and drew mainstream dimes. Wrestling is niche nerd fodder now and this ‘it’s all fake bro! LOL’ keeps it that way

Imagine if Arnold Schwarzenegger walked around his entire life acting like the Terminator just bc it was the first shitty movie he was in. He never would have gotten big gigs after that, never would have married a Kennedy, never would have become a governor. He'd just be that weird cringey asshole, which is all that old school guys like Cornette are and will ever be.

What does a wrestler have to gain if he tells people that wrestling is fake at every opportunity?
He only has to lose,all these stupid indie midgets are only making the business they work in lose money and status.

lol yeah dude I’m sure when Austin was spraying beer on Vince and Brisco and Patterson were having dress matches the mainstream audiences treated it the same as baseball and football. Gain IQ points you dumb faggot.

Wrestlers don't portray the character only in the ring.
What if after JR's Rock and Austin interview, one of them came out in public before X-Seven and said it's all fake performance art and Rock and Austin don't really want to beat each other up?

Yeah. Someone like Nick Gage lives it and he's treated like a god because he's smart enough and confident enough to know what drives people. People like Jordynne Grace and Ethan Page don't move the needle so they do this.

Wrestling had a few very short boom periods where it drew "mainstream dimes." Two years in the 70s, two years in the 80, two years in the 90s. Shitters like Cornette would love for you to believe it was consistently huge because of kayfabe and then dropped off the cliff in 2002. Not so.

What he has to gain:
-The respect of sensible, well-adjusted people
-More people understanding the nature of what he does and why he is good at it -- people don't like Jennifer Lawrence because they think she is a good archer.
-The ability to move upward from the profession like The Rock did

This ain't the 90s brother

Or 00s I should say.

Even replying to frogposters is a mistake,my bad

He was massively involved in the business, dipshit

The basics of wrestling are still the same,if a wrestlers can't understand what is the most basic principle of his/her job then he/she shouldn't find work.

The wrestling performance doesn't end after a show and continue when another show starts.
Actors performance starts and ends when the movie or episode starts and ends.
That's why i said in the middle of terminator 2, meaning during the movie ya pinhead.

im not the frogposter, dipshit. learn how anonymous boards work.

Based retard

It use to be a sport till they let all the pussies and marks into the business, now its gymnastics

Imagine white knighting an old commie faggot. Dipshit.

The basics of wrestling has chaned and evolved. It's why southern wrasslin' done back then doesn't work anymore.
Same way with kayfabe, no one gives a shit about any semblance of kayfabe except oldfags.

It would be one thing if he ever booked a succesful promotion, even for a year or so. But he never has. He's a wannabe.

>Imagine if Arnold Schwarzenegger walked around his entire life acting like the Terminator just bc it was the first shitty movie he was in.
He literally does lol

based jordynne grace getting over by baiting corny

The only corny shes baited in the corn covered logged coming out of her fat shitter

No you fucking maggot,the basic rule is "don't show or tell everybody that what you are doing is fake",there are some people in the past that broke the rule but they didn't break the rule every single time they entered a ring or did an interview.
You probably find these retards doing 20 thousands flip per minute while no selling every move funny but you are a minority.

what in the fuck am i reading

didn't school begin again in america, pay attention instead of browsing your phone

lol he tore both his ACLs in the famous bump he took because he's a shitter. Can't bump, can't book, can't work. All he is good at is mouthing off. Fuck jimmy hart too for that matter. Anyone whose only success in the business was as a manager is worthless as an insider except for the funny stories they tell.

Sure, but it hasn't changed into a product people enjoy more when the wrestlers blantantly tell you how fake it is once they're off the clock, as evidenced by teh decline in viewers.

>baited

This white while didn't even do it on purpose since its not the first time she says such stupid things,she's that clueless about what she does apparently for a living.

*white whale

>’lol yeah dude’
>changes the argument from protecting kayfabe to wrestling being equated with baseball and football

Back then the audience knew it wasn’t ‘real’ but they believed in who they were watching because they weren’t being told ‘it’s fake’ nonstop. Inb4 you either bring up Gaytch and GayBK or change the subject again.

Even as a kid, I never thought wrestling was "real" and I did not know any other kid who thought it was real either. We watched wrestling because it was entertaining, plain and simple, and it was a very lucrative business then.

If you were trying to trick people into believing your "sport" was real anyways, it would not resemble pro wrestling at all. It would be more like those early Pancrase fights.

Yeah, those are basic rules for the ring and on air. But everyone knows that wrestling isn't "real" and so you see wrestlers relax about keeping kayfabe outside the ring and off the air, because most of the audience doesn't care. Hell, most wrestlers would want you to treat them as regular people too, how many times have we seen them complain about having to act like a wrestler at 4 AM in the airport? Keeping kayfabe out of the job is just shitty and the wrestlers know it.
My favorite active wrestler is Minoru Suzuki, btw.

The product is declining because the stories are not compelling. Not because of what they say on twitter.

You don’t have to put marks around a quote if you’re already greentexting it, newfag. Welcome to the site :)

>Keeping kayfabe out of the job is just shitty

It is shitty for people who are paid in hotdogs and handshakes,if you paid a decent wage you should be expected to be a professional in the ring and in real life.

Is there any indication that, were they saying NOTHING on Twitter, wrestling would be in an even WORSE place right now? If not, then it's not helping.

Twitter's a Non-factor business-wise, literally only matters (ironically) in politics.

Alright, then there needs to be more wrestlers who don't do social media so that I don't here about what their little dog choked on that morning when I happen to google pictures of them to remake them in 2k19. Not for the business's sake, but just so I don't have to know all this shit.

Twitter is a factor when people say stupid shit,notice how all these indie scumbags are only good at exposing the business.

The first line was a direct quote, the second was a summary. I know things are a little faster here but if you don’t show improvement soon I’m afraid it’s back to the remedial class with you.

The business has been more lucrative because of social media promotion in general, particularly for the indie attendance and global promotion. The AEW deal(s) would not have been possible without those guys self-promoting so much on Twitter and Youtube. Compare the dark days of 2004-2011 to now. It may not be mainstream but it's way more popular and accepted.

You're getting worked up by something that is literally news filler.

Attached: 076.png (605x264, 40K)

honestly I'm not sure if Nick Gage is crazy or not and thats pretty exciting.

This dude is seething so hard he started a new thread. Imagine what he looks like. That's your guy if you're anti-Cornette.

Same case with that dude that got btfo in that stacy keibler blacked thread that he had to make another. 100% sure it's the same dude.

the Keibler guy didnt get BTFO he worked most of that thread into a soapy, lathery seethe

People like Scott Hall destroyed their life and their families because eventually they couldn't separate reality from fiction. It's not healthy, not worth the money that fucking pales in comparison to real athletics, and is fucking retarded to expect nowadays because no one is actually clamoring for it besides (you) faggots that already watch week to week anyway. Of course, if you're Jimmy Cornette, you are already a miserable violent asshole nerd who can only make a living heeling on younger people instead of actually moving on in life, yeah I'm sure it seems natural.

Never go full retard

Based retard ignoring the wrestling TV boom in the 50, the consistent record business Memphis did from the 60's to the late 80's and the constant sell outs in MSG, Boston and Philly from the 50's to the 90's.

>he thinks doing well in a few working class neighborhoods is "drawing mainstream dimes."
i got nothing else to say to ya, mark

ITT: worked and seethin everywhere

remember kids, if it ain't a work it's a worked shoot and never be a mark otherwise ya nothin but a mark thats worked into a shoot

I wish Joey's head was me giving Sonny a rawdog.

Meanwhile indie shitters break their necks for the three smarks that care about them

Yeah, tell the fat hog that and yourself as well and the majority of autists who want force validation onto their favourite things by calling them something they know nothing about.

He went to matches, took photos, wrote magazines, sold merch, became a manager, took bumps, got fired, made money and booked a promotion all before he turned 30 years old.

There’s a reason he’s annoyed at people essentially shitting on something he invested his life on.

UFC fights are literally sold off guys talking shit. Boxing fights? You think Floyd and Pacquiao hated each other or Floyd and Conor hated each other? No. They presented it that way because they understood to make money, people need to believe in a conflict.

I don't mind when wrestlers use shoot names and stuff, but people like Grace just open their mouth and say stupid shit to sound smart.

Hall's problems had nothing to do with wrestling. Hall's problems were all on him and if it wasn't for wrestling he wouldn't be in a situation that he's in now, where people actually want to help him out.

Based Cornette

>Seethes and vibrates about people killing kayfabe
>Does a shoot interview every other month

I've never used "social media" in my life. Do I need an account to see these posts? I love Cornette.

I watched a bunch of Jordan Grace matches. They're all the same garbage. If that lolcow actually considers that slow slogging "imma do a power move that needs assistance anyway" shit to be art, then she's clearly delusional. Bitch is awful in ring.

he became the governor of california on the back of terminator quotes

People who are addicted to anger/rage are generally bad people.

Lmao at how terrible she looks compared to her pic

no

I thought that was Silas young for a second, thank goodness it was just that other moustache fag who does comedy spots

Man, this is why wrestling dorks should not try to talk about the one or two actual fights they've heard about to try and support their stupid kayfabe fetish. The build up to Pac-Mayweather wasn't even about them hating each other. Second, even when the fights are built that way fighters literally break kayfabe afterward almost every single time, especially in boxing. Tyson-Lewis was notorious for this shit. Conor and Floyd did the same thing. It doesn't affect future fights drawing ability at all because the majority of people buying them still see it as entertainment and aren't actual spergs or dumb crackers.

That's not my problem. I want to be entertained. Some of the most influential and most remembered figures in acting, music, and even wrestling burned out quickly but burned the brightest before doing so. That's opposed to the current generation of happy to here cosplay shitters who won't be remembered in time. I'd rather have fucked up freaks of nature on roids and cocaine over almost anything being produced today.

I agree with this 100 fucking %.

What Cornetty needs to wrap his head around is how the mainstream views pro wrestling. When people find out I watch pro wrestling, I still hear people ask "you know it's fake, right?". The mainstream doesn't respect pro wrestling because they think pro wrestling is about carnies tricking stupid people into believing it's real. They don't understand that we KNOW it's fake and enjoy it in the same way that anyone else enjoys any other performing art. By presenting pro wrestling as a performing art to the mainstream, you can rebuild its respect and credibility as a performing art just like any other live and/or scripted entertainment.

This, for all of Jim's talk of his time in the business he's never amounted to anything, he managed a forgettable team and has never been successful as a booker. Also for his criticism of wrestlers exposing stuff, to quite Eric Bischoff
>if that (the finger poke of doom) made a mockery of the business I want to talk to the guy walking around with a fucking tennis racket blowing pixie dust in people's faces talking about 'mocking the business'

So everything about Jim is based then?

>The EU uses the definition of sport established by the Council of Europe which encompasses "all forms of physical activity which, through casual or organised participation, aim at expressing or improving physical fitness and mental well-being, forming social relationships or obtaining results in competition at all evels".
Pro Wrestling fits perfectly in this definition.

Crazy how American wrestling was most successful when it tried to avoid breaking kayfabe as much as possible, also crazy how CMLL and NJPW are the most successful outside of America and treat it seriously. Also crazy how the people who want to 'progressh away from this never drew a dime.
He worked with many promotions, managed one of the biggest teams of all time, and booked shows that drew 10-30k regularly. He also still draws more money and makea a living while doing as little as possible, mwanwhile these Indie shitters are raking neck bumps and eating tampons for a fraction of his pay.

Exposing the business REEEEE

Attached: 1491870682825.png (365x274, 153K)

Struck a nerve did we Corny?

>dad walks in

if rasslin went legit with the 'performance art' the wrestlers would probably get access to certain unions like the screen guild/voice actors guild in hollywood right?

If they weren't so petulant about it like Jordynne is I'd be in full support.

PUSSIES ON TWITTER

>unzips pants

Attached: image.jpg (965x952, 126K)

He was a manager, he was involved with it a lot.

WWE does it for tax evasion reasons.
These marks dont know shit though and are too lazy to actually put in the effort to be wrestlers.

The thing is though, they worked the fourth Wall breaking into a shoot and still had to make you believe there is real action on the screen.

>Do it professionally

I didn't know corntown is a wrestler now

>The respect of sensible, well-adjusted people
Do you really think someone would see a wrestling match, look down on it, and then gain respect because the wrestler pulled him aside and said "Listen bro, this isn't actually real. It's performance art. Not a sport"
>More people understanding the nature of what he does and why he is good at it
The only people who don't understand what pro wrestlers are kids who think it's real. Why tell them otherwise?
>The ability to move upward from the profession like The Rock did
None of these fucking geeks have what it takes to be an actor

It was without question “most successful” when the owner of the largest company in America flat out told the audience it was fake you wannabe old timer posing ignorant faggot youtu.be/PjBeCwz2fXg

SUPER busy

>describes the rationale that drove the attitude era
>bro, that could never work!

God I hate that fat retarded cunt

based Trump Derangement Syndrome suffering Corny

Literally the first time I have agreed with Cornette in my life