When he retires, what will be his legacy?

When he retires, what will be his legacy?

Attached: John-Cena.jpg (618x412, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=64jjsEtvkdM
youtube.com/watch?v=y0v4J1JsJeI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Company Man John

But Seth may beat him for it , let's see

Delaying the death of the WWE

austin theorys dad

The man who retired ace at the tokyo dome

Its not going to happen

greatest of all time

The last star WWE made

Which year do you think John will be in the HoF?

Killing the biz

Hugging fat chicks and kissing babies

Soon. Only way to get him to show up.

youtube.com/watch?v=64jjsEtvkdM

fruity pebbles

Why didn't you post the promo?
youtube.com/watch?v=y0v4J1JsJeI

bases

a meme and a bad joke.

Its a mixed bag. Late millennials and G-Zers will say he is this generation's Hogan. But he was also the top star during a slow decline in quality, ratings and attendance for WWE.

IMO he is a first ballot HoFer but I can understand why some more older fans might shit on his legacy.

One of the greats but also the top star during WWE's decline after the Benoit murders.

Fart juice.

Zoomers Hulk Higan

>IMO he is a first ballot HoFer
WWE having ballots....Yikes and Cringe.

Attached: 1390692060794[1].png (256x256, 54K)

Ruining wrestling from 05-11

The first face of the company that nobody took seriously and was detrimental to the business in irreparable ways

As one of the all time greats

Chasing away millions of fans

cuck

Attached: cuckfena.jpg (505x366, 103K)

Anti-draw

Everyone who says he's the last draw WWE produced or that he delayed it's death missed the fact that it's only because Vince ruined the business when he focused the entire show around Cena. He's an artificial draw in the way HHH is an artificial legend. It's the narrative they craft from shit booking that drones eat up because they have an attention span that barely goes beyond 2 weeks

Couldn't draw a single new viewer

Killed the WWE but also kept it alive.

Great guy, but didn't draw.

>Great guy
heh

bump

literally killed the business

literally saved the business

this

The same as it is right now. Zoomers remember him being cool when they were barely out of diapers but he was such an anti-draw he drove away hordes of fans with his stupid gimmick and persistent push that the WWE has never recovered from.

This

Why all the bitterness, we tend to agree (although Triple H is a hard guy to read when you take his whole career into account).

John Cena will be forever known as the man with a twiddly bumhole and if you aren't down with that then such it

I never understood people saying first ballot. Deadlock maybe but first ballot? Doesn't work like that

This generation's Bret hart in my opinion

A good wrestler killed by terrible booking. He was great, had the potential to be a superstar, to be loved by everyone. But they booked him like he was invincible and had him easily defeat all challengers, it made him boring instantly. And no matter what he did, when he would switch up his wrestling style, when he would add a few moves to his arsenal. It would always be the same, "dominate the opposition". Which is why CM Punk was his greatest rival, CM Punk did the one thing Cena couldn't have done. Earn love and respect from the fans. But, in typical fashion. Cena must win and dominate, and he couldn't win and dominate over CM Punk as CM was the fan favourite. So CM became a midcarder (with the top title) and Cena continued dominating.

This was my first time seeing Bray Wyatt. In University, one of my flat mates used to watch wrestling and stopped after Punk left and I was the same. So we decided to watch WM 30 just for old times sake. And at the start of the show, it gave the rundown of the card. And seeing Bray Wyatt made us burst into laughter.
Hawaiian shirt, fedora, neckbeard vs Cena, who we remembered as the super hero who never lost. Then later it showed the promo and Bray instantly became our favourite wrestler. Especially since the Wyatt family had those sheep masks.
It was also the Undertaker vs Lesnar on that card. It was really awkward explaining to my girlfriend who the Undertaker was and how he was undefeated and how I can't wait to see how he beats someone like Lesnar. Then yeah, he got concussed pretty early on and Lesnar dominated.

All will be forgotten except for his monumental retirement match against the ACE at wrestle kingdom, and we shall remember Cena as based for his worked with Tanahashi-san

Attached: tanahashi.jpg (600x600, 158K)

Anti-draw who is synonymous with WWE's downswing. The first modern top guy to fail in the creation of new fans.

Actually, I think most people in 2019 respect Cena as a worker and a person more than Punk. Pretty funny what an absolute flip that was, all Cena had to do was go part time and put people over more, while Phil pissed it all away trying to continue that “respect” he earned only to lose more and more credibility. I mean shit, look at the podcast fiasco.

True rivals dude, though I’d rather see Punk v Ryback as a rivalry in AEW

Attached: 9E3FDE4A-3E92-47D1-B33D-84262226AB70.gif (203x199, 292K)

Making us look at that shitty spinner belt for like a decade.

Hmm... he gets more respect form adults than he does children now. Kids probably see him as a meme, while adults realize that his reign on top, while shitty, stopped the business from declining rapdily like it was under HHH's reign.

Cena's US title period was better than Punk's whole career.

You are wrong.

sucked

Gaitch was killing the business far worse than Super Cena ever did, Cena was put at the helm of a sinking ship and it's amazing he held it together as well as he did