How come nobody talks about this match anymore? I remember it felt like the biggest match ever as a kid

How come nobody talks about this match anymore? I remember it felt like the biggest match ever as a kid.

Attached: armageddon.jpg (480x360, 45K)

It scared me as a kid.
I thought it was too violent and just too much in general. And rikishi kinda scared me also

Triple H looks like a retard

Why won't NJPW book Okada vs Ibushi vs Naito vs Tanahashi vs Switchblade vs Ishii Hell in a Cell?

Who is that guy next to Rikishi?

Paul is clearly the odd man out. He should have been swapped out for Kane.

Because the elimination chamber is a thing now

It was unironically rikishi

That's Chris Benoit.

Get the fuck off our board

>No Shingo
>Cringeblade
Ding-Dong Diddlysimp

Have you watched 2000 WWF you fucking boomer? It was the one year where Triple H was undoubtedly BASED. And don't even @me with that "Hi Paul!" Bullshit either, because even if you think he's shit 2000 was his best year and it was dimes.

hi Paul

So he looks like he always looks.

Hi Paul! Ya still fuming over Kane being a bigger star than you? I was too busy watching New Japan, All Japan, and NOAH to watch garbage attitude shit.

Because Rikishi,like what the fuck

Hello Paul

hey Hunter

Jay White.

Everyone in this photo looks like a fake tough guy faggot

>Hell in the Cell
>the

What the fuck? I thought it was "hell in a cell."
Mandela Effect strikes again?

it's hype as fuck on paper, but it was a pretty boring match

Then he would have had his own singles match to carry the show...

this

Because it pales in comparison to other cell matches. It's not even in the top five.
1. Michaels/Taker
2. Mankind/Taker
3. Cactus/HHH
4. HHH/Batista
5. Taker/Lesnar (2002)

Rikishi falling ass first into the flatbed truck was bretty based

I don't think the Mick Foley v. HHH HiaC gets brought up ever, though I remember it being a big deal due to Foley putting his job on the line.

Kurt Angle is literally an Olympic gold medalist armature wrestler but okay

Michaels Taker is not the greatest hell in a cell match you fucking reddit personified user

Okay Boomer I'll play along.
- Headlined No Way Out 1v1 in Hell in a Cell against Foley
- Headlined Both Backlash and Judgement Day v.s The Rock
- Headlined Survivor Series against Austin
-Headlined multiple other PPV's in multiman matches including Wrestlemania, KOTR, and Summerslam to name a few.
- Literally headlined all 4 Big 4 PPV's that year.
- Oh and this one. Which by the way, HE LITERALLY HEADLINED A 1 ON 1 HELL IN A CELL MATCH EARLIER THAT SAME YEAR.

18 Fucking Plus Kiddo

Attached: 1479694431367.png (856x600, 472K)

>t. foley mark

It's a really great spectacle match, and easily one of my favorite HIAC matches. Austin dragging Haitch's face along all four sides of the Cell is a great moment. The sub-narrative of Vince trying to end the match prematurely only to have Foley stop him yet allowing the carnage to spill outside was an interesting call. And of course, Rikishi's plunge is still an awe-inspiring spot that, while not as good as Mankind being thrown off, still looks amazing. The match holds up very well almost 20 years later.

Buy a blog.

>armature

You mean armchair? Yeah, I believe that. He looks like a punk

OP wanted to talk about the match, I'm trying to get some conversation started. Fuck you, bro.

Hi, Paul! You'll always be levels beneath Austin and Hogan!

So what would today's equivalent be?

Reigns, Rollins, Brock, Styles, Bryan, and Wyatt/Fiend?

Sorry pal, I'm incredibly lonely and lash out violently at people who did nothing wrong.

Probably.

Sad state of affairs then.

AEW should run one at their next PPV.

Jericho, Moxley, Omega, Cody, Page/MJF, and Punk if he signed. Dimes.

Michaels vs Taker is still the best Cell match. Kane got instant main event cred just by being a part of it.

how'd the buy rates do? Did they tank like ratings?

You've got to get Pentagon in there to do a crazy bump instead of a shitter like Cody.

Remove rikishi, add Kane and Jericho

Roman
Seth
Braun
Drew
Styles
Joe

nitro had a tag match with Sting and Warrior vs Hogan and Bret Hart. i thought it was going to be the biggest deal ever as a kid

Probably more trouble then it would be worth

Based
Based

>Punk circa 2019
>dimes

>literally every single match is against a bigger draw who carried him

you must have been a pussy faggot as a kid, I loved violent WWF as a kid

Nitro had Goldberg vs. Steiner vs. Booker T vs. Nash vs. Jarrett, vs. Sting vs. Kronik vs. Harris Brothers in a TRIPLE DECKER STEEL CAGE, I thought it was the biggest deal ever as a kid

>That brief push Rikishi got for no real reason
What a weird time. Like this dude was literally just the comedy relief in 3 man tag team who literally had a dancing gimmick, and it was HIM who drove into Austin? What were they thinking?

Attached: 2.gif (288x216, 493K)

based match

Test

>dat time they tried to book Rikishi as aheel and a legit threat and not a comedy act

I'M A BAD MAN

Attached: 1323739033875.jpg (671x605, 42K)

because they book logically

rikishi could have been great if they went full umaga

Attached: 1565906942217.jpg (506x673, 41K)

it was a shit match, thats why

I'll never understand why rikishi was in this match and not someone like Chris Jericho or something.

Rikishi got absolutely fucking destroyed by stone cold in just the last ppv if I remember correctly. There was nothing making him look strong or like a threat for the title at all in that match, he looked like a little bitch in a squash match. He should never have gotten a title shot after that.

Kane should've been revealed as the one who ran over Austin. It would've made more sense. Kane could say, "Austin took the title from me just 1 day after I won it and I've been pissed ever since."

So I come to this board and I start reading these posts...
and after a bit I DONT LIKE WHAT IT SEE, YEAH!
… so I do a bit more reading and then it hits me: THESE LITTLE PUKES ARE TALKING ABOUT WWF SUPERSTARES THAT don't eveeeeen…. matter.

So I see this post talking about a bunch of nobodies. Talking about how it was the biggest match ever.
Who could have made a post like this?
IT WAS A FUCKING ZOOOMER YEAH!
NOBODDDDIEEEEEEE has had a BIGGER MATCH. THAN
THE MACHO - MAN!
YEAH!
AND DONT YOU FORGET IT!

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Lol Rikishi.

>it was HIM who drove into Austin? What were they thinking?

They weren't thinking. They went through the whole roster coming up with scenarios for every guy to be the one who ran over Austin. When the time came to make a decision, Vince couldn't decide which one he liked best so he asked Pat and Gerald what they thought and jokingly Pat said Rikishi and Vince went with it. This one angle is one of the reasons why Vince won't give up control of the overall booking. Once the angle ran, he hated it and was shocked at how awful it was. It's one of the reason's Vince doesn't listen that much to suggestions any more.

So the reason why WWE sucks now is because Vince is an autist who doesn't get jokes.

Attached: 1452663269191-2.jpg (255x255, 73K)

It felt too forced with Rikishi and Carder in it

Because that faggot Angle won

Based Triple H is an all time great

>Plan the angle with no driver
>Ask for ideas and take someone's joke suggestion seriously
>Give no real reason and tease better options
>Angle flops
>GODDAMN IT THIS PROVES I DONT NEED HELP

One of the few good ideas I've seen here

It was later revealed that HHH was the mastermind behind the whole attack and Rikishi his willing patsy.

That sounds perfect actually. Too bad Vince is such a retard he didn't even think about doing that.

it was a shitty spot that was bizarrely telegraphed and set up. like, one of the wrestlers drives a landscaping truck full of woodchips over to the cell for no particular reason, also no explanation as to why there's a landscaping truck backstage at an indoor venue in the first place

probably because it was pretty boring at a time when the wwf was on fire

i wasn't even born when this match happened lol how fucking old are you dorks

What?

rikishi ruins it
should have been kane or something