What were the least necessary name shortenings in WWE? Which ones actually improved the name?

What were the least necessary name shortenings in WWE? Which ones actually improved the name?

Attached: langston antonio samson alexander.jpg (920x920, 194K)

Rusev and Cesaro arent horrible. Big E fits but Elais just sounds gay. Neville should have had a new name altogether.

Improvement
>Big E
>Rusev
Neutral
>Cesaro
Detrimental
>Elias Samson

Elias and Rusev were already only called by their single name so it didn't matter

Reminder that based Charlotte is the only one whose name actually got longer

Attached: Charlotte-Flair.jpg (625x380, 32K)

Name shortening in general is just really stupid and I don't does much to help a wrestlers image, the worst ones would be Mustafa Ali (simply because Ali on its own might be the worst name in wrestling right now) and Big E Langston (since it just sounded cool). little things about peoples names help feed into their character, what if The Great Muta was just 'Muta', is Velveteen Dream gonna get cut down to just 'Velvet' or 'Dream'? I generally don't buy into the narrative that Vince wants to punish guys who get over but name shortening almost feels like an indicator that you shouldn't care about someone anymore.

Attached: 1532488838952.png (690x600, 630K)

This. Elias' lisp every time he said his name worked me into a seething shoot

Ali is the worst, it's like calling someone John.

Recently
>Unnecessary
Mustafa Ali, the brief period of Shinsuke Nakamura being known simply as "Shin" on commentary
>Neutral
Otis and Tucker, Andrade
>Improvement
Rusev

Her whole gimmick used to be 'I don't need to nostalgiafag about being Flair's daughter to be the best!' now it is just Flair's daughter lol.

>Nakamura being knowm simply as "Shin" on commentary
I blame Cole/Vince for being lasy shitters on that one

Andrade Cien Almas still makes me seethe because that’s a fucking amazing name

I legit forgot Mustafa Ali got his name shortened

I'm torn because the name comes off good live, but it looks "off" in a print format. The Andrade part kills it, should've been Cien Almas.

Op is a jewtuber or “columnist” looking for ideas sage this shit

K

Otis and Tucker is retarded, especially since it ruins Otis "Dozer" Dozovic. Andrade is fine, but it's also inferior. Andrade Cien Almas was fun to say.

Sheamus was the worst one because it's like being called "John".
They're all bad, it's stupid.

You really think calling him Sheamus is worse than Sheamus O'Shaughnessy?

Shut up, Seamus. Not everyone lives in your drunken shithole.

"Andrade Almas" is the funnest way to say it

Im convinced all the name shortenings was because Vince kept fucking them up. My dad is the same age as Vince and makes those old guy name mistakes from time to time. So it would not surprise me if Vince just got frustrated saying "Anthony Cesaro" or "Andre Steven Almas" and people correcting him.

Yes, because I have a brain. Imagine how much Americans would seethe over that name. They even spell Séamus wrong because it would make them seethe too much.

"Harper" and "Rowan" worked for the Bludgeon Brothers gimmick but they should've returned to "Erick Rowan" when he joined Daniel Bryan

Otis and Tucker needed the surnames. Specially since now we have no reason to call him 'Dozer.

Americans spell Bayley wrong, they are just retarded

People called Steve Austin "Austin" quite a bit. It was a quick way to refer to him. But he was Stone Cold Steve Austin for a reason.

Same with calling Bret The Hitman Hart "Bret". But if Bret Hart was wrestling now, Vince would insist that Bret Hart just be referred to as "Bret".

>The Nature Boy Ric Flair
He's just Flair

>Jake The Snake Roberts
Just call him Snake

>The Viper Randy Orton
From now on, just Orton. Never say Randy.

>Rowdy Roddy Piper
Under no circumstances should talent refer to him as anything other than "Piper". t.VKM