Why is NJPW so hesitant to push Naito? He’s a draw in Japan Mexico and the States and got over naturally

Why is NJPW so hesitant to push Naito? He’s a draw in Japan Mexico and the States and got over naturally

Attached: 1062EBDE-A732-4720-B85C-11323B1A12EE.jpg (2048x1363, 537K)

Gedo is pissed that Naito is more popular than Okada. Gedo is basically Haitch tier when it comes to his ego. He was fucking seething last year when Omega/Ibushi sold more tickets than Okada/Tanahashi

>hesitant to push
He's literally part of the big four. They push him plenty.
He's this generation's Chono. He's also more worn-down and old. Not making him FoTC =/= not pushing him.

Simp.

he's too small

a bit of DDPY and he'd hold both belts easily
NAIGOAT

Why even bother with that, though?
Okada sells out basically every building he walks into when he defends the title. He's also a better aesthetic for the company broadly because he's younger, taller and better looking.
Naito can't really improve much on that if he even can. He often has a title himself so he can headline shows and sell out buildings in his own right and he moves a fuck ton of merch regardless.

He's literally a champion, he is number 2 in the company. Are you just complaining because he didn't win the G1?

b-but his destino...

They are pushing him. He's the ace of the IC division, a fixture in the main event. The truth is, everyone has their role and they must portray it faithfully. Okada will always have the role of ace because the is the role he was chosen to portray, it doesn't matter if someone becomes more popular than him. That is how it works in Japanese wrestling, and it has been this way long before GEDO took over.

I'd say a better comparison is Naito's the Nakamura to Okada's Tanahashi.

He's made of sawdust and is going to get a edge tier career ending injury in a year or two
The old man's time is up, guys lile jay are the future

Why are the Naitofags the least tranquillo NJPW fans?

Naito's popular internationally so I think the international fans he compels are used to their Western company's less distributed style of booking.
NJPW has a big 4/5 right now, all of whom are top-tier players in terms of marketing. They may win/lose different amounts, but they're all given the chance to draw dimes.
The international Naito fans just see that he's not the number 1 be-all-end-all and perceive that as misuse despite the fact that the guy's basically attached to the IC by the hip and will probably headline a Tokyo Dome show going over in 2020 because it's a two-nighter.

>better looking
Then Shouldn't Ibushi Sanada or Jay be the champ right now?

Naito's losing the IC belt to jay

None of them are really as striking/stand-out as Okada considering he's also a natural blonde and taller. He's a genetic 1/1000000 for a gook.
That said, SANADA is freelance, Jay's a heel gaijin and Ibushi signed a contract earlier this year and literally won the G1 already, he will be champ at some point.

>shouldn't [...] Jay be the champ right now?
Soon.

Attached: Switchblade Smug.jpg (854x480, 67K)

Jay has already been the champ and will be again
SANADA will never win the strap, at least not with his current gimmick. He's too in his own head about it.
>Ibushi
1.4.20, brother

that's not correct at all. Nakamura always wiped the floor with Tana in the mid 2000's and when Tana was the ACE, he started to move past him

When has Naito dominated Okada, ever?

Attached: Nakamura vs. Tanahashi II.webm (500x282, 2.84M)

I think he just meant the Tana Ace/Nak IC dichotomy, which is correct.

>jay
Kys

Okada is not a natural blonde you fucking idiot

Worked!

Attached: worked.jpg (300x168, 5K)

werked

based evilchad sneaking in behind naito

>thinking Jay's not worthy of deepthroating
everyone look at this faggot

Because Naito is an underdog/edgier anti-hero while Okada/Tanahashi are wholesome champions. Naito having the belt does very little for Naito, while Okada absolutely needs the gold.

Naito only looked dominant in g1 bouts against Okada,it is weird to think he was ahead or tied in the score until WK 12 when Okada finally got 5-4

I think its more of they dont want to get Okada in the chasing position after dethroning Tana. Okada's quite big and has the looks and is the most consistent in the ring. Hes really young too. Though I do think he's not the most charismatic and good at promos since parting with Gedo. Though they do need bigger reigns by other wrestlers for change, maybe a heel. That said, I do think Naito shpuld get a big win, maybe theyre actually doing it with hpw theyre continuing the 2 belts thing, though I'm not keen on it and kind of looks like what WWE does. Theres also a chance theyll just let him ME a WK over Okada like Naka did with the IC

Raging

Ibushis older..

>He's literally part of the big four
besides him and Okada, who are the other two? who's the Misawa? who's the Kobashi?

Unflinching Ace: Okada/Misawa
Feiry babyface - Tanahashi/Kobashi
Anti-hero - Naito/Kawada
Other one - Ibushi/Taue
That's how I see it right now at least. Jay's booked right alongside them but I think they're going to squeeze Ibushi while they can because he's older and won't be around as long as Jay probably

jay is 26, unless he fucks off like every gaijin top wrestler he has a long carrer ahead

those are some ugly people, even by japanese standards

This, and they have Jay & SANADA on-deck to replace as needed. Ospreay is also gunning for a spot among them, but he may not make it to 30.

I think he'll leave eventually but I also think he's a smart guy who understands he's best to use his peak in NJPW cranking out classics in order to raise his profile/stock so he can get the biggest contract he can elsewhere when he does leave.
That said I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he was a lifer. He could make more elsewhere but NJPW don't let their dudes starve, he's clearly making a lot of money and has a great schedule with lots of time to rest/enjoy the benefits of the income. Seems like a great lifestyle.

Ospreay is among the most based retards alive and has trained his neck in ancient Jap techniques to be damn near indestructible.

yeah,so did hiromu and a suplex botch had his carrer in stasis for over a year at the least (i mean that botch would had killed someone 9/10 times)

long term booking
Just wait 5 or 6 more years

>he moves mercy regardless
>implying he wouldn’t move more as champ
>implying Okada would move less if he wasn’t champ
>being champ is being FOTC
So we’ve had 4 of them in the span of a year?

they realize he is a knockoff version of the original GOAT RUSH

Attached: Rushisbased2.jpg (596x546, 105K)

Don't worry Tranquilochads. Naito will feud with Ibushi and be the first guy to beat the G1 winner for the briefcase. Naito will face Okada and win the IWGP in the mainevent at the Dome. Screencap this.

Attached: 53f.jpg (600x765, 31K)

cope

If Naito is actually coming out of WK with the title, it will be in this weird 4 way contest they have set up with Ibushis press conference.
He wants the IC and HW title, challenging for them on seperate nights of the G1. They will set it up as Night 1 has the IC and HW title defended, then the winner of those two matches main event the second night in a winner take all match. Its not easy to advertise it because you cant attach names to the second nights main event, but the allure of an IC vs HW title match might help it out.

Based hopechad

He didn't mention him being champ at all though, just FOTC. You asserting him being champ is just that: you asserting.

That was what was implied in the OP: not being champ is not being pushed, which to a degree, is correct. The user I was replying to then incorrectly asserted that the OP wanted Naito to be the FOTC, and then took down the straw man by saying that “not being FOTC =/= not being pushed”.

>natural blonde
Holy shit this is why people don’t admit publicly to liking wrestling