I grew up in the ruthless aggression era, but i heard he can work in the ring, is that true?

I grew up in the ruthless aggression era, but i heard he can work in the ring, is that true?

Attached: macho man.jpg (948x1201, 372K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dMbcOC5dS5k
youtu.be/xFstlEfDdno
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He could work anywhere

Macho was a pioneer for just straight up planning matches out in segments.
Dude check out Randy VS Steamboat.
Macho was legit fucking amazing.

Attached: 1562305039211.jpg (1024x1018, 106K)

yes. he was the perfect mix of 80s roided over the top character and today's star marks. perfection

People nowadays shit on this match saying it's overhyped. Fucking retards

Watch his match against Tito Santana in the Boston Garden for the Intercontinental Championship on February 8th, 1986.

Zoomers cant handle the madness

I dunno. People rank John Cena above him, so I guess not.

Macho Man was very good in the ring, especially for his time. Athletic and he knew how to tell a story in a match.

Add to that his excellent character work, top-tier look, and understanding of when to put guys over, and he is one of the all-time greats.

>His Hulk Hogan diss track was kino
youtu.be/dMbcOC5dS5k

>So was his tribute to Mr Perfect
youtu.be/xFstlEfDdno

Long live Macho man

Attached: 9BF318C5-5ABF-44B6-AE83-B0705BB12306.jpg (600x600, 55K)

Macho Man is the definition of full package
>god tier promos
>god tier look
>god tier in ring

Amazing worker, talker, and storyteller. Macho was one of the all time greats. Although his WCW career was rather disappointing, his work with WWF, and Memphis territory before that, were the stuff of legend. He could work a great match with anyone. One of my favorites was his match with Warrior at WrestleMania VII (Savage's retirement match). This match is a prime example that solid storytelling is more important than chain wrestling or having a lot of moves in your repertoire. In one match, Savage went from a hated heel to a redeemed, beloved babyface, reunited with his former valet and girlfriend (shoot wife), and put over the "new" talent. The crowd reaction was unreal. And Warrior was a known stiff and one-dimensional character. This was all Randy planning out the match, feeding off the crowd, telling a story throughout and after. Brilliant stuff.

>People rank John Cena above him

Attached: 1546445480457.jpg (1600x1600, 407K)

Never had a ***** match

he was the velveteen dream of the 80s

Care to extrapolate?

based

Care to extrapolate?

based

Literally who

Care to extrapolate?

These was all me

Who?
Structurally, it's pretty damn perfect.

>People rank John Cena above him, so I guess not.
Blasphemy

General criticism is that it's more robotic then other GOAT matches.

Only because Meltzer only judges workrate, even though storytelling before, during, and after the match is equally important.