AEW first champion

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-15-17-56-25.png (720x1280, 168K)

I thought it was obvious, Page is a shitter

>lets push one our completions biggest guys
This fucking company

>unironically wanting hangman as champ
smarks are stupid
cawdy should follow everything vince does in order to succeed

I grow tired of heel Jericho. I thought he was just going to be a build to the tv show happening then they’d focus on younger talent. A fucking boomer will be the face of AEW

Holy Cringe, Make the switch

Attached: 13e (1).jpg (1600x900, 395K)

Their best choice is either Jericho or Moxley for the first champ. Omega should be chasing the title, Page is a shitter, and everyone would bitch if Cody booked himself as the inaugural champ. I don't think there's anything wrong with starting with a face champ, but they don't have a ton of options either way.

TNA! TNA!

>Dawg
literally who?

the top of their card is thin as fuck. omega is the only guy who can realistically be respectable and that's if japan kenny shows up. even then who's going to give him a good match?

>not wanting Cody as champ is bitching
No, it's people with logic and actual taste.

>only ex wwe guys can be champs
this shit sounds terrible to me. Let Kenny be a heel and fucking dominate that belt

smarks wont boo kenny.

Hangman is not ready at all for the belt
I don't even know if he'll be world champion material one day
he's not special

no one boos anyone nowadays

Literally no one gives a shit that he was the first Undisputed Champion considering those that do remember also remember he looked weak as fuck doing it.

>Page
>shitter
Cody, Haitch and Gedo were all high on him but I guess you bitch ass marks know better

Pretty much. I'd rather fucking Cody won the belt

Fucking smarks killed wrestling.

omega should have been the first champ. he is the biggest star who is not ex-wwe they have and he can pull at least decent matches out of pretty much anybody. how did they fuck this up so badly right out of the box?

>taking a page from wwe
kek you fucking idiot

It was either Jericho or Omega to hold it first

>Cody
>implying his input is good

>taking a page from the WWE
kek

Hey Adam!

Kys adam

Omega's the entire reason this is happening. The "money in the chase" ideology is one proliferated by fucking morons who don't know how to book unwavering aces. Is Okada a chaser? No, and he's New Japan's biggest draw. Was Hogan a chaser? Tanahashi? Misawa?
Put the belt on your biggest draw while he's still hot and build the promotion around him, use him to elevate others through even managing to contend with him.
These simps are WWE 2.0 already and it's already garbage.

This, "muh chase" killed Surfer Sting's momentum. The only time the chase ever worked was because of The Rock, and that's because he's The Rock.

>giving historic first reign to the old man that can stab you in the back and return to wwe at any moment

THATS IT AEW IS DOA

Man lands on the Moon over here.

This was obvious enough. Its a new promotion. A whole fresh roster that viewers need to learn about. With Jericho as champ you can build up face stars by being contender's. And in Kino Terms Jericho is like an Old Kung Fu Master in the world of Pro Wrestling. No doubt part of Pro Wrestlings top 4 Mount Rushmore. It makes sense he's champ over the Younger Page.

>No doubt part of Pro Wrestlings top 4 Mount Rushmore

Attached: baito.jpg (283x427, 17K)

>No doubt part of Pro Wrestlings top 4 Mount Rushmore
Even in terms of just American wrestling, that's stretching it.

Stretching it it's fucking tearing it. Austin/Hogan/Andre/Rock are the four and even after them I can name ten guys on the spot bigger than a career midcarder.
If you reduce it to American wrestling and make the Rushmore somehow stretch to 50 maybe Jericho would be there

>taking a page from WWE

That's been a storyline in wrestling for a hundred fucking years

Get ready for TNA 2.0

>Cody
Adam's his literal friend you're getting worked.
>Haitch
Haitch is high on Gargano, Cole and Ricochet. He's a simp.
>Gedo
Gedo's a unique case. NJPW can extract talent from a stone and mold it into something watchable. If Page stuck around he probably would've matured well due to his environment, but as he is now he's still worthless. Beyond that, Gedo just saw pretty Gaijin.

well no shit
>Cody
>>>>>>>>>Triple H
yeah no.

Seriously what's the thought process behind "let's make a company that wants to go vs WWE and let's start with a literal who as champ"?

It'd be great though, him showing up the next monday on Raw with title, nuclear heat material.

Adam Page is nothing close to a World Title level main eventer. His ceiling is, was, and always should be IC title or its equivalent.

That being said, just fucking LOL at booking a geriatric part-timer as your first WHC. Jericho is literally gonna be like the Brock Lesnar of AEW

>japan booking will work the same way here that it does there
Cena wasn't a chaser and tanked ratings
HHH wasn't a chaser and tanked ratings more
Plus Misawa was a chaser at first

This.
You can even build up multiple faces to go up against him until someone sticks with the crowd and have him be the one to finally topple the Omega Monster. That’s a half to a full year’s worth of main title programming right there.

>A 20+ year career all over the world
>Countless titles won all over the world
>Within his whole career he is always able to reinvent himself and be part of the main event scene.
>Within his whole Career he never has been Seriously injured or anyone else.
>Renown by his peers.
>Went over the Rock and Austin in WWEs biggest championship match.

And he is still going. No doubt he is top 4. Ya'll dont want to admit it because he aint dead yet. But if WWE did a life of Y2J documentary Wrestlers would come out of the wood work to praise him.

Gedo is retarted, or at least incredibly gullible, when it comes to gaijin talent. He put his chips on the bucks, Cody, Chuckie T, Lelgin, etc. Other guys that would be good have left (Kenny, Trent). The only gaijin they've really had large success with is Juice.

>who is Switchblade

Page is a fine titleholder but you have to at least have him win the belt off someone credible. Jericho makes the most sense because he is able to have great matches and is the most respected guy in the company and is a living legend.

As much as I like to shit on him, Jay is actually doing pretty good.

>because he is able to have great matches
When he gets carried by NJPW booking, sometimes
Okada couldn't have a good match with him

He's a manlet who never drew dime. Barely makes Top 10.

Jericho is a good idea, because he's a name normies who used to be wrestling fans 15-25 years ago might actually know. Him being the first champ of a hot new competitor to the WWE's cancer, available on basic cable, will get some attention, some normies will hear this and check the show out. It will literally draw. But 50 Year Old Jeri-dough isn't going to be able to carry that for a long time. They'll REALLY need to put someone over him inside of two months.

Tony Khan's rationale behind this decision is fucking stupid, and concerning for the product as a whole. The "babyface chasing the belt" only works for a brief time, because there comes a point where the audience loses interest in seeing the babyface come up just short AGAIN. And the WWE has already beat the general angle to absolute death. And being WWE Lite is a death sentence to this fucking show. Jericho needs to win the championship, and then drop it within two months to whoever they think makes the best babyface in the company. Having a good babyface routinely ending shows by winning matches and looking good will make the crowd happy, and actually make money (look at Cena's US Open Challenge if you think otherwise). Which is the exact opposite of WWE's strategy to actively piss in their fans' faces, which is why they're wrestling in front of tarps.

>lets push one our completions biggest guys

They're booked in to a corner already. Mox is the hottest wrestler in the world right now so he NEEDS to get that strap soon. Jericho is slated to put over Omega though and since Omega is partial owner you know it'll happen.

He's their guy now. It's a stupid mentality that people somehow belong to another company even when signed to yours.

seems someone forgot what happened to TNA

Shit booking hurt TNA more than anything else. Angle was based as fuck there. No sane person could think they looked worse for pushing another company's guy.

>Y'all
Open dat mouf, wh*teboi. Also, Jerichode has never drawn a single dime.

>let's just wing it and see how it goes
stick to painting, bro

Attached: D9hLu8wUwAUshvo.jpg (1080x810, 304K)

Yeah Angle was cool but then all of the ex WWE guys came because they treated Angle so good and wanted their slice of cake.

TNA 2.0

You two drooljockeying faggots are a cancer to the wrestling industry. A consistent, main event, long term heel champion is ratings poison. It pisses off the audience at the end of every fucking show. Kenny as champ is a good idea, but only if he's a cool babyface who can say "bang" and shit. He can have consistently good TV main event matches and send the crowd home happy, eager to see another AEW show, when he wins. You do that until either the audience reaction wanes, or you have another hot babyface in the oven, then your best available heel beats Face Omega for the championship, and can be used to put over a new main event babyface a few months later.

>Hogan
>Andre

Fuck off. Andre was a one-note, one match shitter, and Hogan was a goddamn cancer that is almost entirely to blame for the sorry state of wrestling today, because his bullshit directly killed TWO national wrestling companies.

Ric Flair, Lou Thesz, Chris Jericho, even Kurt Angle all deserve to be on that Mount Rushmore before either of those two chumps. Either of them would be the Theodore Roosevelt, the obviously out of place jabroni that's only on it because politics.

That's what I've been trying to tell you smoothbrains

Attached: AEW Is The Next TNA.jpg (1712x498, 230K)

You lack reading comprehension, that's basically what we're saying. That the top star going through the chase is shit.

I think the bigger issue with TNA was less the WWE talent and more the quality of it they picked up. Peole don't really complain about the Christians and the Bully Rays, it's more the Punisher Andrew Martins and the like. Hell, they made Elijah Burke more interesting even if they didn't actually do anything with him. Don't see why AEW can't be the same as long as they pick and choose a lot better.

nice quality

Shit, ignore this post thought it was a reply to mine. I lack reading comprehension

History is littered with babyface champions having long runs. Go back to Bruno as they built the WWWF. The money in the chase shit stems from the NWA having their champion come in and the local top star being "thisclose" to winning the big one. Hell even Cena was someone who mostly held the title instead of chasing it.

I'm mostly indifferent to Page, but my god have they booked him terribly out of the start
>#1 contender match with PAC cancelled
>comes out as the LAST entrant of a geek battle royal that turned into the #1 contender spot
>moderately interesting MJF feud seems to have been put on the back burner
>pinning Jimmy Havok in a pretty meaningless 4-way
>nearly going to a time limit draw with literal who Kip Sabian
Forget everything that happened in other companies, why would anyone want this guy as a world champ after what he's accomplished in AEW so far? Anyone that isn't Omega, Mox, or maybe Cody just doesn't belong in the top face spot right now.

Yes and they were sucessful, look at Surfer Sting if you want an example of the chase killing someone.

I hope AEW fails. Not because I'm an Edrone and not because I hate competition. I want there to exist objective, quantifiable proof that the stupid play wrestling fans have shit taste.

>Cena wasn't a chaser and tanked ratings
citation fucking needed, yeah he was boring as fuck but he's a decent draw
>HHH wasn't a chaser and tanked ratings more
He wasn't a babyface either.

>taking a page from the WWF

Err, it took Shawn Michaels to be a heel for Vince (or his daddy) to put the World title on anyone other than a pure babyface for longer than a couple of mths once Bruno won the title (exception: Superstar). They didn't adopt the NWA/WCW 'chase' storyline really until Austin. NWA had the belt on Dory and Terry Funk, natural heels, Race, Flair. Faces held the belt for only days at a time (exc: Brisco).

>Cena wasn't a chaser and tanked ratings
Ratings were already in decline. Cena was a provable draw on top.
>HHH wasn't a chaser and tanked ratings more
Because for differing philosophies you still have to choose the right person and Gaytch isn't the right person to chase or ace.
>Plus Misawa was a chaser at first
At first. He came to draw huge as an ace.

>Fuck off. Andre was a one-note, one match shitter, and Hogan was a goddamn cancer that is almost entirely to blame for the sorry state of wrestling today, because his bullshit directly killed TWO national wrestling companies.
Both still drew huge and came to be regarded as cultural plinths of their time.
Stop embarrassing yourself. All that matters is impact and they're two of the guys responsible for taking wrestling mainstream.

>>A 20+ year career all over the world
Longevity =/= Significance
>>Countless titles won all over the world
They're fake
>>Within his whole career he is always able to reinvent himself and be part of the main event scene.
The midcard scene
>>Within his whole Career he never has been Seriously injured or anyone else.
Good for him
>>Renown by his peers.
Good for him.
>>Went over the Rock and Austin in WWEs biggest championship match.
And the subsequent reign was a ratings flop.

He has been a draw for about a tenth of his entire career. Sorry, he's not even top 40, mark.

>The only gaijin they've really had large success with is Juice
Ya seethe?

Attached: 1564950267564.jpg (1040x596, 130K)

well jericho is a bigger star than kenny but it says more about their roster than anything

>Inaugural championship feud is Page vs Jeribloat
CRINFE

>When he gets carried by NJPW booking
You’re a faggot. He had good matches in every promotion he’s been in for over 20 years.

fucking begging you to get a clue lil guy

The fact that some of y'all seem to not trust Jericho as a person when he's never done anything but do business with whomever he's worked with is testament to how good of a heel he is. You all fags are getting worked if you think he's playing some long con with Vince to sabotage AEW.

The whole "ex-WWE" meme is so annoying. People used to shit on TNA for that constantly, but now you never hear a peep when WWE is full of ex-TNA guys.

He's never drawn a dime

Why would WWE push TNA guys to legitimize their company?
WWE is the biggest company, so when people push ex-WWE talent off the bat it appears as a hokey way to legitimize themselves by spotlighting a star that may have name value transcendent of their own company.
Do you think fuckin AJetty or Samwhoa Joe have that name value within the confines of WWE relative to someone like Jericho transitioning to AEW?

Did you miss AJ Styles year long WWE championship reign? Did you miss them calling Smackdown the house AJ Styles built?

You actually make some pretty good points. “Mount Rushmore” is a gay metric and Jericho may not be in the top five most important wrestlers either, but his career is way more impressive than he gets credit for. Right out of the gate he was pushed into prominent view wherever he was booked and he always kept up with whoever the top guy was in the promotion where he was working, travelled the world having great matches with almost everyone and winning titles everywhere, was part of several big money angles where the intrigue was simply “will he show up”, including the angle of beating Austin and Rocky for that unified title in the same night, and has had a 30 year career that is still going.

He must be one of the most respected guys in the business easily.

Yes because I don't watch WWE but what does that have to do with anything I said? You think they did that cause he was in fucking TNA?

How is it winging it? You have to plan to build the faces up. It let’s you actually build up and establish your roster through an overarching title hunt storyline..

Greatest angle EVER:

After the match at All Out, MJF or Janela can come down with a MITB suitcase. He'll grab a mic, shout 'I bought this muthafucka at a Smackdown house last week from a merch table. I'm cashing this bitch in'. Hands the case to Earl Hebner, who says, I don't give a fuck, rings the bell. Janela throws a cig into (winner)'s eye, headbutts him in the nuts and becomes NEWEST AEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT RASSLIN CHAMP!
Cornette's head implodes then explodes.

If Cody or Bucks ain't reading this, I'll send to y'all's Twitter DM. Don't give me cash, just tickets for the first time u come to GA.

I'm samefaggin this shit so bad, I'm going straight to Khan. Wish me luck.

I don't have a lot of hope for Page. He's not going to improve in AEW like he might have in NJPW.

What promotions have lead with face champs with heel chasers?

Jericho also is a known name.
It makes sense he wins the belt.

Fairly Obvious, Omega can beat Jericho for it next year, you need a brand name to be champ to start your belt off.

Attached: Inoki IWGP.jpg (614x1000, 69K)

New Japan, however most Promotions arent purely face-dominated anymore, AEW will probably have heel champs with Faces getting 3-7 month runs in between, WWE is all sorts of messed up because there's no consistent booking

>if they push a legend
A WWE GUY FUCK THIS COMPANY
>if they push one of their own
THE VICE-PRESIDENTS ONLY BOOK THEMSELVES TO WIN LIKE HAITCH. FUCK THIS COMPANY.
>if they push a new new guy
LITERAL WHO CAN WIN THE BIG ONE HERE. HOT DOG COMPANY. FUCK THIS COMPANY

fuck all of you seriously

I thought Jericho was the champion

the match was supposed to be Omega vs Neville, but Neville refused to lose to Page in the semis because he's Dragon Gate's champion (like it matters) so instead AEW flipped the match are going Jericho vs a nobody.

maybe don't crown a champion before you establish some stars

Lmao WWE guys are their only draws

>(like it matters)
Matters more than who's AEW's champion.

>All that matters is impact and they're two of the guys responsible for taking wrestling mainstream.

Wrestling was mainstream before Hogan, AND that faggot was largely responsible for taking it out of the mainstream TWICE. His boring invincible babyface brought the entire industry to its nadir in the early 90s, and his large ego combined with his walnut brain to kill both WCW and TNA. I want you to understand that, WCW was, at one time, the single most profitable wrestling company on earth. Hulk Hogans unmitigated faggotry killed it. That's the most anti-dimes thing anyone has ever done in the history of professional wrestling. If Hulk Hogan never existed, pro wrestling would be in a BETTER place today that it currently is with the spray-tanned fuckjob.

>Do you think fuckin AJetty or Samwhoa Joe have that name value within the confines of WWE relative to someone like Jericho transitioning to AEW?

Nigga did you not hear the MONSTROUS pop AJ got the very second "PHENOMENAL" appears on the titantron at his Royal Rumble debut? He was the best known wrestler on earth at that point, and he elevated the WWE, not the other way around.

Why is this nobody suddenly being spammed here as an insider?

>Gedo is retarted
>Retarted
Perhaps it is you that is retarted, ya retarded simp

>AEW first champion

imagine making an old fat dwarf your first champion

Attached: Jeribloat.webm (960x540, 2.59M)

>let's push one of our competition's old midcard guys
Fixed and more embarrassing. But that's their best option. Big leagues and minor leagues.

God, that elbow is so fucking bad.

Kenny has already proven himself as a heel chasing the best but in no other role involving it. If wrestling wasn't dead he'd be an upper midcard heel that's a good hand, not a main event guy.

chasing the belt*

>Saving an image with text as .jpg
seems to me you are the smoothbrain

Insulting to TNA since TNA broke 2 million viewers and this would do well to break 500k

What exactly is hangman page's deal? Is he just a generic cowboy? He reminds me of Bradshaw's first generic cowboy gimmick in the wwe even before the blackjack thing.

Yeah bro he last won the wwe titleumm like almost 2 decades ago lmao who cares

How many weeks until this dog wanking money mark puts the belt on himself?

Attached: tony khan.jpg (696x392, 40K)

>Cody is on the level of the game or gedo

Attached: 1565721069413.jpg (700x1244, 85K)

You morons are dumb as fuck. Get a critical thinking class or something holy shit. The entire fucking tweet is about Hangman and how are they going to boom HIM. Nobody said that Kenny won't be a dominating champ right after Jericho.

>AEW
>Money
>Jericho
>A draw

Attached: 1564549014190.jpg (638x616, 24K)

>Criticises WWE for putting the belt on a part time like Brock
>AEW makes part timer JeriBloat first world champ

Dumb. Omega is the most important guy they have. People are just gonna say “That nigga Jericho still wrestles? That shit is trash”

People didn't want to watch Jericho 20 years ago but Khan thinks they do now lmao

>Omega is the most important guy they have

no one that has washed their ass in the last month knows who that is

Yep, I would have no problem with him being champ but the booking has been atrocious

kek

fucking PAC shouldnt of been losing to Page anyway

You moron.
Why hasn't PAC been booked in any US based company? Why is he not booked in PWG?
It's not the title. It's the visa.
Why are you still trying to convince yourself that it is some weird "creative" differences.

Why does PAC have visa problems, guy wrestled in the states for like 10 years

PAC missing? this has literally never happened before

Attached: 11D6D792-75C2-4711-B3C0-A0AF131879D7.jpg (1183x757, 269K)

>the state of this faggot

This is the least clue I've ever seen anyone have.

Shit booking, but how can you forget he didn’t beat the Rock and Austin on the same night since they beat us over the head with it ever since he won.

Trump is a EChad

More like Trump is a rEtard

Dont talk shit about him (pbuh).

Does AEW have anything worth promoting outside of WWE rejects?

wow what a bold prediction.

>that's if japan kenny shows up.
When is the last time you saw Japan Kenny outside of Japan? He needs Okada to be any good.

Based

I'm just sad Jericho never got to work with Angle when Angle came back.

That doesnt look good at all, couldnt he have done something else

I’m so glad faggots like you are only on imageboards

This desu, they could've used the crowning of a champion as their first TV angle, but they're marks for fake belts and had to blow their load on ex-WWE midcarder.

seethe?

The minute he got BTFO in a real fight by fucking ENZO AMORE he should have been dead in the water.

Hi Seth! Tell me where’s your five star match? Oh, you don’t have one? O-ok pfft t-that’s fine hahaha