Remember when braindead Smarks thought he was the reason the E was shit?

Remember when braindead Smarks thought he was the reason the E was shit?

Attached: JohnSeman.jpg (667x750, 47K)

Lets be honest, the people who say that John was always based are the same people who were shitting on him in the first place

No, I wasn't even watching because i'm an intellectual and I always knew the underlining problems with the E extended further than just Cena.

In fact I still don't even watch today

He is extremely based and nikki bella is a dumb slut because john is on to bigger and better things and living life happier

I remember when he was. Now that the company is dead revisionist will look back at his time like it was supposedly some kind of golden era.

slow day on set, john?

Quits wasted on a pseudo-intellectual but still right nonetheless.

Remember when retard revisionists decided that because Cena’s last five years were tolerable, he wasn’t absolutely unbearable at the height of his run? Oh yeah that’s right now.

He did nothing wrong. He buried shitters who had no right being on TV in the first place

Who?

lose weight

>buried Wyatt
>buried Sandow
>buried Rusev
Yeah im thinking he based

John was boring as well, let's not defend his boring matches, however he was at the very least charismatic.

Then
>gladly accepted reciting scripted lines
>never put anyone over
>mark for himself and never turned heel
>used a submission finisher as a face to make his opponents look weak
>overly packaged and merchandised

Now
>everyone delivers scripted lines
>no one gets over
>everyone is a mark for him/herself
>50/50 booking and heels go on decades-long losing streaks (Joe, Bray)
>select people are overly packaged to the point that it annoys anyone over the age of 11

Cena is the only guy who buried almost as many people as Triple H. The difference is Cena did draw dimes compared to Triple H. But guys like Orton, Batista, Edge, Punk, and even Brock Lesnar had to job to this guy, and could never unseat him as "the man", even when fans were begging for it to happen.

Yes Punk and Bryan beat Cena a couple of times, but Cena stayed the #1 babyface. It's like the opposite of WMX-7. Austin shouldn't have turned heel because it left too big of a void, because Rock went to make a movie, and Triple H stayed a heel, so there was no top babyface on TV, and people tuned out. For Cena, he stayed the top babyface for too long, while the crowds were rooting for other people to take his place. He should've turned heel at some point around 2011-2014. Cena contributed to this stale malaise of the product that persists.

>b-but if some people are already booing then he is a heel!

WWE in general was intolerable, if anything his matches and anything involving him were the only portion of the PG era that was serenading in the first place.

I bet you unironically thought boring shitters like Evan Bourne should have dethroned Cena back then

>John was boring as well

Yeah, that's why Yea Forumsies called him "BIG MATCH JOHN" because he was boring.

Do you even remember anything about the PG era that doesn't involve Cena?

Lol let's not pretend him burying any decent prospect for 10 years straight was a good thing

>buried Zack Ryder
>buried The Nexus

Who has Cena "buried" that didn't deserve it? Barret is shit was always shit. Nexus was a joke...Sandow? Kek

>watching Cena overcome the odds weekly was serenading

K.

The only draw on that entire list is Wyatt and he was truly buried when he got squashed by MMMMMMMMMMMMMM boomer Taker

I was there fucker, don't you accuse me of shit. I remember every guy I get a little for only for Cena to no sell the entire match.

It was when "MUH ATTITUDE ERA" cucks and boomers watched Stone Cold, The Rock, and Hogan overcome the odds.

Fuck off Hunter

He basically lost every ppv match he was in after the Cena match.

Brock Lesnar

We were not wrong. WWE has a lot of problems, and he was the expression of a lot of them, he embodied so much of how WWE had become shitty from his booking to his wrestling. However successful you can say he was, he was still only half as much of a success as the top babyface of the company should be because half the audience hated him. He was a failure in that regard. They could've made more money off him and not buried their own company by booking him differently.

Bobby Lashley

Ugh, i quit watching because of this faggot.

K.

K.

K

>no period

Y?

He beat him once and moved on. If anything triple h tried to bury brock

Even if they are shit, Barrett and Sandow were over.

>The only draw on that entire list is Wyatt

Attached: neev.jpg (646x687, 69K)

Wyatt drew dimes in 2014. First hand experience of him drawing the dimes.

Cena only ever buried shitters and put over guys like AJ who he knew wouldn’t crack under the WWE pressure. Even when he was fed lines he worked the crowd like no other

>beat him once and moved on
Yeah, that's a burial. That's what you do to jobbers.

He was though. He buried a huge part of the roster, and now that he's gone E has almost zero star power.

For me he was horrible, the exact opposite of what I wanted from wrestling. Can't deny he was a draw though.

He was a symptom of the problem
Nice

He was a "draw" in the sense of he stopped people from leaving following HHH's reign of terror. He never drew anything new and most of the "Children" that were cheering him see him as a meme and don't watch anymore.

He sold merch, but that's because he had a shitton of it when compared to others. He was good on the mic, but had many times where he would say cringey dorky shit, and would do that weird Black Preacher voice when he was "Serious"

Also, "Fine Speech" was HHH levels of burying an opponent. I don't think Cena was as bad, but like said, he's one of the reasons things are so bad. He's one of the guys who gladly took whatever stupid shit Vince was doing even if it didn't make sense.

HE actually could've been far more over than he was if he lost when he needed to, and wasn't overly presented. Look at Roman today, they tried the same shit and it failed spectacularly.

The thing that always bugged me about Cena was how he'd occasionally go way way off-script to bury his opponent. Poor Roman looked fucking lost in that one promo
Though whenever somebody steps up to the plate when he does that it is kino, like Punk

did anyone other than punk step up to Cena's bullshit?

> they didn't turn Cena heel for his feud with the Rock
What a huge waste of an opportunity. He even had a singlet and a reworked gimmick ready to use in 2012 but they kept him as a goofy smiling babyface.

fine speech

>Cena only ever buried shitters
Tell that to Lashley

This, we keep hearing saying he never put over shitters, that's because he never fucking put anyone ever except Edge, Haitch, and Orton on certain occasions.

Think about all the guys cena buried
Did any of them become stars outside of WWE?
No
Because cena realized that they didn't have what it takes to be the guy
If you can't deal with fine speech you shouldn't be anywhere near the title

You mean like when AJ was buried? because he was.

They were right. Just because it's worse now it doesn't mean he wasn't shit.

Yes. Cena was fed the promising upper card for over a decade. He is the reason why the wwe has no stars

who raped you?

>Anonymous 08/15/19(Thu)03:50:53 No.7644430▶

I didn’t like him back then but I do appreciate it now. I still stand by 08-11 Cena being mostly lame though. Just his wrestling.

Man are buff like John Cena

John was stale as fuck and corny as hell. Not to mention over pushed. Cena wasn't the reason wwe was bad, but he was the start of the downfall.