No OP saved

Skating is 10% body 90% mind

Get out and skate you old fattie

Anyone can

Skatepark etiquette:- don't mention Bam

Attached: tenor.gif (496x280, 2.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/CxdBGA6W
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0
docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform
youtu.be/BjJbfxlGYMA
youtu.be/zvReOL6sbhY
youtube.com/watch?v=nbte75YMgBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zvReOL6sbhY
youtube.com/watch?v=n9M9VUSBnhY&t=827s
youtube.com/watch?v=IqJ5Or_CSHw&t=181s
youtu.be/L4sVoK7TAdc
streamable.com/vunpe
youtube.com/watch?v=9yJFOAv3wmM
landyachtz.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=nKVG6dsExHs
youtube.com/watch?v=kz38fG_2LMQ
youtu.be/-7fIgbeK4Hc
discord.gg/jnRra7
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkmQVw2_TRw
youtube.com/watch?v=gizM-PuVnY0
youtu.be/20kxndDs1Tk
youtu.be/IvqgS2a-Jbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Based

Attached: 1511377093418.png (1280x1250, 1.09M)

Basic brand information for beginners: pastebin.com/CxdBGA6W
Shoe reviews: docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0
Submit a shoe review: docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

This is a good image, I smile everytime

>I smile everytime
Same

Cool

This is a wrastlin board

Attached: source.webm (480x270, 1.03M)

esg never die

Agreed

Attached: 1563821407293.webm (480x480, 1.16M)

Carlos left braille :(

Attached: maxresdefault(2).jpg (1280x720, 173K)

Attached: 1559674854473.png (593x580, 621K)

Why did Thrasher set Johan Stucky's Rough Cut to private? Anyone have a mirror?

youtu.be/BjJbfxlGYMA

youtu.be/zvReOL6sbhY

The wait for Verso is killing me

I'm usually a wrestlechad on here but I learned helipops today and have no one else to tell about it

I got my 8 inch deck + ~27 mm worn down wheels setup back out to learn spinny shit

27mm wheels?

Might as well just wrap a rubber band around some bearings

How does a skateboard fair for commuting? Would 10 miles a day 6 days a week wear it down too much?

Is it a pretty flat trip? At that distance a bike might be more appropriate, especially if there are any extended uphill sections.

It is pretty flat, I used to ride my bike but I stopped for a year and my cheap bike went to shit. I was thinking of picking up a skateboard because I wanted to start skating for a while and figured I could try to use it for transport as well.

Get a bike for that in all honesty

Get rollerblades

that sounds like a lot, stick to a bike I think

I used to post on here all the time, but I took a 2 year break from skating and filming or so. I just released a new quick vx1000 edit. Hopefully I'll make a much better longer one soon with more skaters.

youtube.com/watch?v=nbte75YMgBQ

>Skatepark etiquette:- don't mention Bam

Fucking kek.

Old thread/OP is right here

3 miles is my limit on my skateboard for a commute. However 5 isn’t too bad but I would never do 10.

What shoes do you guys recommend I’m sick of vans and Nike shoes. Vans get holes in them super fast and Nike shoes get the soles worn down super fast. My blazers never last me longer than 4 months and my skate HIs last me a little longer than that. I’m learning toward a high top adidas any recommendations?

your heels would die

Probs wasn't a good move. Don't know any real teams would take him after being on the youtube skate team.

Braille would've paid the bills for a long time. Depends on how is new video part comes out I suppose

Are skate teams really that elitist they'd turn him down just because he was on a popular yt channel?

>Depends on how his new video part comes out I suppose

No, it doesn't. He got his start on a "lame" YouTube channel. No Thrasher approved company will take the risk of bringing him on their team. Core skaters don't find Braille to be "legit" so he's fucked. He will never be a Thrasher approved "Pro" skater.

Bump

That's a shame

this.

Yo. I'm 27 and thinking about getting a landyachtz dinghy cruiser. I mostly wanna be able to ride around and ollie up and down curbs. There's mostly rough asphalt around where I live.
Is it too late for me to brahh's? Should i be good with the Landyachtz dinghy?

Its never too late!!!

This

that fucking sucked, imagine breaking your back to boardslide a 3 inch hubba

Thank you.

man it had to be at least 6 inches bro!

What skating injuries you got recently /esg/?

Pulled my quad after just stepping on the board today

broke my wrist last summer. not even on something cool.
>ollied up on a tiny little 6" funbox
>try to do a little baby kickflip off of it
>board hits ground and shoots out from under me
>do the ONE thing you're not supposed to do and instinctively put my hand down to catch myself
>broken wrist
I'm 28 now, guys. I don't heal as fast as I used to. I don't even attempt gnarly shit anymore. I go to the park, get in a sweet ollie off something, get in a kickflip, heelflip, and a no comply and I'm DONE. Gotta quit while you're ahead.

Shoutout to the user who helped me pick my wheels about a month ago (Ricta clouds). I just started skating and I'm loving it.

Blew out my tailbone doing this: It's blackened and bruised now, looks like I took a shit and just wiped it up my back. I've gone back to just pushing because it hurts so bad and I can't take another spill for a while. It sucks I can't get much progress in, but I'm happy to take time getting comfortable pushing around. I might try and scope out some smoother slopes to go down in the meantime.

got a big knee scrape that hasn't healed in over a week and it's pissing me off
hit little piece of wood on the sidewalk and got sent flying

as a 27yo newbie who's never broken anything this shit scares me so much
is dropping in that big of a danger if you suck? I stick to my own little parking lot and haven't been to a park yet

>is dropping in that big of a danger if you suck?
I'd try to find a mini pipe. Once you get the muscle memory for a drop in, you can pretty much do it off of any size pipe. Me personally, I don't drop in off anything over 5' these days. I used to drop in off this fuckin 12 or 13' quarter pipe at my old skatepark like it was nothing. I'm too brittle for that shit now lol

This

Attached: 1.gif (500x281, 765K)

The music was annoying and didn’t fit the skating. Would have felt better raw with no music. skate faster next time, you got a good bag of tricks and let the filmer get closer.

youtube.com/watch?v=zvReOL6sbhY

Attached: 1.gif (500x281, 1012K)

OMG a non wrestling thread airsoft fag here voicing support for this, wish they would clean this borad up for everything not wrestling, i just longborad busted my ass on a skateborad when i was younger

Learn to pump up and down the walls of the pipe before attempting to drop in. Get a feel for it first.

Thanks for the bump, now fight the good fight and start an Airsoft General!

I'll bump it just to help keep the grownmancuddlefags down

How do I overcome my fear of people seeing me skate

For how long do I have to skate to see calf gainz?

This is a WRASSLIN BOARD

you need to undestand that nobody gives a shit about you mayne
even if you will do something dumb like fall and someone sees it that person will maybe think "what a dweeb" but mostly people dont care and forget about you 3 minutes later
people have more important things on their minds than some nerd learning to skate

Basado

>tfw ywn skate as stylishly as austyn

Attached: tumblr_p8uvkxTJt21ri61l0o1_400.gif (301x191, 1.77M)

Attached: tumblr_piirepc3JC1qcjlv3o1_400.gif (400x225, 1.49M)

Attached: tumblr_piir69JZHV1qcjlv3o1_400.gif (400x225, 2.02M)

yo new skater here
can anybody explain me why skate shoes are so important? today i wanted to buy some but didnt find anything good+i didnt really want any obnoxious shoes like vans or nike janoskis
i have some old new balance sneakers and now when i cruise around the street they work pretty find(pivoting front foot is kinda hard but i doubt its my shoes's fault) but im kinda scared what will happen when ill start learning tricks
what do yall think?

>work pretty find
i meant to say pretty fine of course

Are there fat skaters lads

See But really, there are a few

>didnt really want any obnoxious shoes like vans or nike janoskis

The cupsole masterrace is calling you. Any flat soled shoe will do but a GOOD skate shoe has a suede upper, cupsole and a half decent insole for impact.

shit like this always makes me cringe. I don't like seeing people getting hurt. Don't put your inexperienced friends on a board on top of a roll in or quarter pipe. That's a dick move and a surefire way for someone getting seriously hurt. If they wanna skate, just let them roll around slowly on the flat for a week or two. Force them to learn to kickturn and pivot and bail properly. This shit ain't funny. I hate seeing that shit.

I'd like to give a quick shoutout to my Nose truck's pivot cup, who sadly is no longer with us. You have provided and blessed me with gnarly skateboard maneuvers, and for that I am grateful
RIP, F etc etc

Attached: 20190817_193416~2.jpg (1681x1821, 659K)

Saw some dude at the park forced to do shit like this by his friends. He just ate it.
Hes livin in a wheelchair now.

gruddyhogey & billeaudeautrey on Instagram.

chinese indys, not even once

word, I need something American. sucks about them moving forgery production to China. suggestions? everyone recommends Ace around here but they're on the pricier side. I have older Independents on stand-by which will replace the retarded nose truck I have now. kudos to anyone who can get away with no piv cups because its reminds me of wobbly Daewon nose trucks. they really fucked with me on transition. kinda fun other than being super fucking loud and rattling in an obnoxious way. not a fan.

Attached: batfetchintrickwifmyteefherhyuk.gif (380x260, 1011K)

I'm going to bomb my first hill tomorrow. RIP me.
There is fat wrestlers who can do everything an in-shape wrestler can do, but it doesn't look as cool. Same with skateboarding.

THIS.

Attached: Badass chokeslam.webm (432x336, 1.21M)

No matter how much you trailer trash Faygo drinking juggalos think you're "badass" or at all cool?
This is what I think about when I think about wrestling:
youtube.com/watch?v=n9M9VUSBnhY&t=827s
No matter how cool you think you "sport" is, the above is what I envision when I think "wrestling."
inb4 pic kek faggots

Attached: 1565152999392s.jpg (125x92, 3K)

Legit more entertaining than WWE. Like a car crash that I can't look away from.

I might have to subscribe - "Xacutor" seems like a keel dude

Holy shit this is in Barcelona, right behind MACBA!!!

What is the point of switch tricks? I don't think they should be even a category. Maybe I'm retarded but isn't switch just literally going goofy instead of regular or vice versa? It's the exact same trick, it's not like fakie or nollie. Also, it's not really well defined because I just can say I'm regular while I actually skate goofy and boom every trick I do is suddenly mind blowing because I did it with my weaker side...? In no other sport do you get points for doing something with your weaker side, you either don't do it or you do it and get scored as if you did it the normal way. I don't care, take figure skating or high diving. Nobody is saying "look at this, I did it in the less comfortable way, give me more points". No, you did the same fucking trick as the other guy. This is where it doesn't make sense, 2 people could do the same exact trick with their left and right feet at the same positions in the same stance but one is switch and the other one is not? What the fuck

RadRatt has done this topic a couple times. I think switch is more about respecting the process. Obviously its like relearning every trick over again the opposite way. Its respectable in some sense.

But when youre looking at ig clips of dudes youve never seen skate before and dont know their stance, the only way you can tell something is switch is if it looks sorta sketchy. That i see a problem with and think its lame. Btw bmx has “switch” and “opposite” tricks too, so skating isnt the only sport. Its action sports in general.

Anons, I practised all day today and I finally feel comfortable on a board again. Feels gud man. [spoiler]Especially because I just got an anxiety diagnosis and it's hard to ride when people are around.[/spoiler]

>10 miles a day
I commute daily with a skateboard, but it's only 3km round trip, so it isn't worth the hassle of taking and locking up my bike.

>What shoes do you guys recommend I’m sick of vans and Nike shoes
prada

youtube.com/watch?v=IqJ5Or_CSHw&t=181s

Attached: 1530260683225.jpg (769x1078, 112K)

damn bro i feel you im scared to ride around people too and that kinda stops me
how did you cope with that? where did you ride? pls share sum tips cause i feel like shit everyday not progressing cause im a wuss

never forget this shit is all in your head.

>the only way you can tell something is switch is if it looks sorta sketchy.

You just need to watch more switch until you fucking get it. Its the upper body, the way the skater holds their shoulders and head. Its usually a stiffer or more mobbed style. I think switch looks great with the right trick.

Went to a green space/park near my house. There's residential areas strewn about so there's also concrete streets, and broad roads that don't see much traffic. I skated on those first when there was no one around. I slowed down when people would come out, but since I know about my apprehension, I made it a point to not stop completely. After a while I practised to go faster, which put me in such a nice state of mind, that again I cruised by the people emerging, this time without slowing down. That gave me enough confidence to purposefully ride on the streets where the chances were higher that people would show up. I'll definitely go back tomorrow, maybe even tonight, to further overcome my fears.

Also, I'm not at my usual home but visiting my hometown. The change of scenery is helping probably. I feel more relaxed here than where my stressful every day life is going on.

>Its usually a stiffer or more mobbed style

I guess thats exactly what i meant by “sketchy”.

Anyways
>go to skatepark this morning
>slip out and board flies across park
>older dude who’s in his 40s grabs it and brings it to me. Taps the tail on the ground before handing it back to me
>”looks like you need a new board. Sounds a bit soggy and waterlogged bro”
>tell him i just got it two days ago. Its a Welcome board, so PS stix. Tell him its made in made in mexico so it didnt have to travel far and that its not warped in any way.
>”yeah well a lot of decks are made in mexico so they dont have to pay their workers as much”

Why are people like this?

Yeah why do people bring back boards just let the fucker go get it himself

Attached: 1.gif (500x281, 872K)

Bombed a hill. It was mellower than I thought it would be. Encourage you all to try it.

Attached: asuka316.jpg (640x480, 51K)

Summer doesnt last forever, anons. It's a perfect night to go for a cruise. Bump

>unironically paying actual money for a welcome deck and literally riding it in public

Whats wrong with Welcome?

fuck them they don't skate
and skaters will respect you for trying in public

What?

hey fellas, need a little guidance on my ollies
I can pop and land some (10% maybe) but I'm working on the front foot movement to get more tail height

my board keeps turning a little fs and I usually fall forward, catching myself w my front foot
is that because of back foot placement or my shoulders being too open? I think I hunch over too much and should be bending my knees more and staying more upright
am I supposed to close my shoulders entirely when I ollie?

esg for best general btw

It could be any number of things. Maybe you're jumping to much and not taking the board with you and its floating away fs. You might also be opening your shoulders to much, pretty common newbie mistake. As for rear foot position, the ball of your foot should be dead center on the tip of the tail.

> I think I hunch over too much and should be bending my knees more and staying more upright

If you think its to much it probably is. Try filming yourself so you can see the flaws.

you're turning your shoulders.
also, the front foot motion is overrated for new people, it's much more important to learn to pop properly with the back foot, i.e. slam it against the ground and move it the fuck up and out of the way of the board.

because its about context, if someone does a backside or frontside ollie into a manual or grind, that manual or grind is going to end up being switch because their body turns around. thats obviously a much different trick than just doing a regular ollie into it. for some reason i often hear people making this argument about how "switch is pointless", but i never hear people say that nollie is pointless because its the same as fakie. its the same amount of difference.

what shud I wear? I want heavy duty clothes to tank falls to boost my confidence. something not whack.

Oh man user, that reminded me that it won't be as comfy to ride in winter.

Cool

Can someone spoonfeed a boomer about the humor behind this image?

youtu.be/L4sVoK7TAdc

this one time a guy on a bike told me i was going around 12mph cruising. had some oj keyframes (wheels). i think penny boards are alright except it's harder to ollie and kind of scary going fast because of how small the thing is. it'd be great in the city because of how compact and maneuverable it is

Attached: pax malper smile.webm (854x480, 572K)

Can fat people actually skate? Post some fat skaters

word on the street (slap) is that it's never coming out

Attached: mork_lightning.webm (480x480, 1.64M)

Its a parody of the Legend Of Zelda video game split timelines diagram, but with Tony Hawk.

Amusing if you like vidya, nonsensical of you dont

Attached: Zelda-Timeline.png (1822x2827, 3.22M)

Mork olly

Attached: mork_ollie.webm (720x720, 522K)

streamable.com/vunpe
hey guys. Me and my friends are trying to make a full length. I came up with this as an idea for our intro. Let me know what you guys think .

youtube.com/watch?v=9yJFOAv3wmM

lokey fuckin inspiring

>Get out and skate you old fattie
>Anyone can

Dickies or Carhartt pants uwu

Agreed

Very nice

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 1.65M)

great dog

a yo waddup, got a question here
I've been seeing people having transverse lines on their griptape like the one in the pic. What's the point of those and where exactly do you draw them?

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-08-20 10:59:41.png (861x485, 353K)

Any tips on not breaking boards on flat? Broke a board on low popped halfcab flip on my second session. Sixth broken board since 1st of april... Two broke on flatground tres, one on kf down a 2, one on kf bs boardslide and one on an ollie down a six. I weigh 95kg (~210lb) and I am hopeless. I am about to try a Real Heavyweight deck and hope for the best...
"Landing bolts" is hard when you're learning something sadly

Attached: EAqT3VtUYAEe51k.jpg (769x1078, 152K)

The point is both esthetic and functional. That way you know which way is forward in the board. You can either sraw them or just cut out a piece of griptape

Many years back I won a no-name skateboard at a funfair. Its maneuverability is fine, the only issue is that the wheels don't spin for long. Do you guys think if I just get some new wheels it'd be ready for the street?

Post a pic

Agreed. Goodboy

do you skate in long pants even if it's summer?

dont want the girls to see my fucked up knees

is that common to have a premiere and then not release it?

Based

this is so fucking funny

marc is trying to get an ender for the part. it probably will be released... but when? who knows

Attached: fifty.webm (480x480, 684K)

Wait what the fuck? Did they premiere an incomplete video?

we Yea Forums now

I find this hard to believe. He's one of the best skaters in the business right now.

I ate shit just doing a rolling ollie on sunday and I bruised my ribs. Possibly fractured but I haven't been to a doc. Feels bad man. Can barely breathe or move.

flippy trick board, nah. drop through, drop deck on 65mm wheels is a full send on less than 4 mile each way. 70mm plus if you have a big hill or a long trip doe

dinghy is dick balls. get a deck like uh tomahawk where it has kicks and shit

TOKYO 2020 SENPAI

I got a boo-boo on my elbow. It was my first skate I'm a _very_ long time, and I couldn't tweak the board into Casper like I used to

Attached: IMG-20190802-WA0000.jpg (2560x1440, 528K)

get some cheapshit Red bearings

you can tell when someone is rolling away switch and it looks steezy so get fucked with this dumb post

I got a roughed up concrete curb at this spot me and few other people are tryna turn into a little diy. I read to buy a rub brick to smooth it out but I aint got that right now. I do have a grinder and plenty of grinding wheels. Would that work or nah? Regardless I'm gonna bring some lacquer down and hit it with some of that tonight.

Diff user.
I'm a street sk8er and I advocate for Cruzers and Longboards for anyone not trying to learn tricks but wanting a good short commute ride. Personal Fav:
>landyachtz.com/
Get some big, soft, wheels and you'll be floating on your very own magic carpet in no-time.

Attached: 1524092337194.gif (444x250, 3.04M)

Pls respond

calf gains are purely genetics bro

>Landyachtz dinghy
I love mine. Had it for about 4years now. Takes hella beating, and when your ollie is FIRE you'll see it as any other street deck in terms of use.

>"Thanks for my board."
>[Initiate Next Line]

i prefer this to the actual make

Attached: b9359fe014286d759abd47330332d8597a090774c141384e85e88d1a6ec81b89.webm (854x480, 1.25M)

based

Post knees.
Me too.

/n/ cyclist here. If it was me I would definitely use a bike. You could even ride a fixie if you want, since you say it's flat (personally I live in a hilly area - I recently converted my single speed conversion back to a geared bike for this reason).

If you wanted to board, though, then longboarding would surely be your best bet. But even then, 10 miles, 6 days a week is a loooooong way to longboard.

Up to you obviously, do some research, but trust me: bikes are awesome. You can go damn fast. And if you want something you can learn tricks on, get a fixie. Just learn how to ride it up and down your street before doing a proper ride with it. I crashed into a parked car the first time I tried to ride a fixie. My brain was just so used to being able to coast, but you obviously can't on a fixie.

Attached: sweet but expensive steel road bike.jpg (970x650, 184K)

Why must there be literally no skateparks near me in toronto.

toronto is for fags

Attached: 1.gif (500x250, 853K)

youtube.com/watch?v=nKVG6dsExHs

Not wrestling.

Attached: 14660344295293.webm (480x474, 252K)

shoo shoo go away hulk

Attached: 1557106636188.jpg (503x582, 106K)

Wtf there are parks and skate spots all around Toronto/Mississauga. You're just fucking dumb.

Is anyone else's ankle on the popping foot sore like a motherfucker the day after the session? Should I be stretching it way more before and after or something?

I can't wait until my son is old enough to shred with me

Skating is all about drip either you have it or you don't but fuck those kids tryna compensate with obnoxious fashion

>watching grown men dress up in tights and play make believe
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

Attached: Costanza.jpg (600x600, 35K)

just out of curiosity, what do you consider obnoxious?

yeah

I though esg meant eat shit general

Is that why you came into the thread, shiteater?

Basado

I think you just need to keep building muscle. don't quote me I'm not a doctor.

Watch this, you fucks.
youtube.com/watch?v=kz38fG_2LMQ

ultra beginner, anyone have tips for pushing? i can stand and stay on a board fine if i push off something like a wall or pole, but starting from 0 and pushing has been kinda slow progress
not looking for a magic answer, just anything you found useful or when it 'clicked' for yall

all your weight on one foot, maybe try balancing on one foot while on your board? that's one way I strengthened my switch foot. it could be a weight or a strength problem but it's hard to say without seeing you. try asking someone irl who skates?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

Since youre starting out (and if youre not planing to ever quit) learn to ride in both regular and goofy so that you develop both feet almost equally.
After many years I decided to work on my switch stance and it's kinda demotivating seeing how bad I am, because I believe a good skater should feel comfortable whichever way hes facing

Thank you user.

Have some crunchy street shit from the UK:

youtu.be/-7fIgbeK4Hc

>Penny boards
>That outfit
>No shoe marks

Attached: 1499815942115.gif (480x270, 3.36M)

Switch is nostalgic for me. Who cares if you look bad, if you need to stunt just go back to your normal stance. That said you need to be decent at switch for rotation and some ramp tricks.

ty lol that'll help even if it's not a strength issue and turns out to be a mind issue

It's Christian Hosoi.

Attached: i[1].jpg (1024x576, 117K)

Yeah of course, you dont?

Cool

Why is "mall grab" bad? Its a convenient way to hold a board

Attached: b353aa7ed7458dd4eb75df5fe2d44a63b899273b_hq.jpg (768x1024, 108K)

it's pure guilt by association because every single time someone like H&M is doing a cringey photoshoot, the model is mall grabbing.

but at the same time, it's kind of awkward to get on the board from that, you'd have to re-grab some other way before you throw down. plus, there's no real point in getting too comfy holding the board because you're supposed to ride it, not carry it around.

Thanks

if you grind down your trucks, aka actually skate, then you'll have to touch waxy, grimy, jagged metal.

the real answer

nice digits

Attached: IMG_20190822_113318.jpg (4160x3120, 3.53M)

But the grip tape rubs my soft hands, and I can't grind :(

Fucking this, meant for riding, not for holding, thats why its considered a poser thing, more holding the board than riding it

are there any skaters that are actually short? like around 5'5-5'6? i noticed skaters are usually pretty tall to average

Carlos Lastra is pretty short I think, I checked he was like 29

can't throw down from this position either but people don't be bitchin

Attached: boy skatedboard.jpg (957x1300, 94K)

you're right. he may even be 5'4. he's real small.

learn, 5050 on a curb is one of the best things in skating

Attached: 1111.gif (495x249, 564K)

Why do skatefags even try? this ain't no place for you

Attached: 1541680997313.gif (245x180, 1.6M)

Does this mean we can go there now?

1month old here, started from nothing and now I can do rolling ollies alright (not over anything yet tho)

get comfy standing only on your lead foot
idk if there's a way around that except getting on your board as regularly as possible, especially cuz it's not just skill but underdeveloped muscles
the first few days my foot was BURNING within minutes of pushing around

I feel like if you don't get on your board even for 5m within like 24hrs you lose a lot of muscle memory progress early on
I'd stand on the board for a few min a day just to get over the fear and feel the burn of balancing

then as your balancing muscles get stronger, start bending your lead leg so your weight barely leaves it as your pushing leg does its motion

also try putting your lead foot at a slight angle on the board when you push instead of straight forward? I notice pros do it and I think it gives you better turning leverage when pushing harder
my early pushes would turn and unbalance me a lot cuz my lead foot wasn't strong enough to right the board direction after a push, so the angled placement helped w that

To me it says "I'm such a pussy I literally can't touch sandpaper"

>Does this mean we can go there now?
Ding ding based

the time has come. cant believe this is really the final /esg/ thread on Yea Forums. ill see you lads in Yea Forums

Attached: 4564.png (408x316, 163K)

dont worry brother. sls and x games will free us of the asp shackles.

>it's not just skill but underdeveloped muscles
this
>also try putting your lead foot at a slight angle on the board when you push instead of straight forward
this as well. you don't realize it but when you put the foot at the slightest of angles (toe inward), it compacts your entire leg, making it easy, almost automatic, to keep it solid and safely in place.

>we Yea Forums now
Where is this coming from?

Attached: IMG_20190821_094141_1_1.jpg (1350x1516, 193K)

Tokyo 2020 Olympics baybee

Attached: team usa skateboarding.jpg (1600x800, 144K)

Isn't it only 2 riders per country? That makes that pic pretty silly.

i can't think of any other place less appealing to watch skateboarding than the olympics. shit is boring no matter what

I hear yuh.
I'm not a big fan of competitive skateboarding, but I'll probably end up watching just cause.

discord.gg/jnRra7

Come to esg discord friends, while this maybe the last of esg, we take shelter there.

Landyachtz are great for cruising, but if you want to Ollie and such, try something with a tail or a cruiser board.

I just want to see Rayssa btfo all them thots.

Literally who?

iv learned to like sls because of just how consistant some of the guys can be, the judging is terrible though.

What who?

Sports with judging all fall prey to that.

We are an Olympic sport now :^)

>We are an Olympic sport now :^)
Based

biggest fucking spin

based

>haven't skated in years
>do one ollie today
>hip is fucked beyond belief
God dammit, I'm only 28

Attached: hank ehg.jpg (500x417, 27K)

Am I the only one here taht always enjoed summer Olympics? I am actually really excited and can't wait

>5050 on a curb is one of the best things in skating
Well at least for you muricans. No curbs grind here it's just a getting-stuck-flying-face-first experience.

Strech before skating grandpa

And that's why you wax, doofus

Wax doesn't work really

Youre not using enough then. Rough surfaces may need a lot, but any curbstone can be made grindable with enough

Well, all I got is candles and that didn't work

I was here.

Will there ever be another Bust or Bail?

Attached: xd.png (960x659, 909K)

>biggest fucking spin
Hell Yeah

leaf here, our curbs are extremely shitty. just wax it to high hell and then wax it some more. use as many candles as it takes and then once it slides try skate wax or crayons. you're just trying to smooth it out. honestly once you get a good ledge technique you wont need much wax if any because you sort of use your wheels to roll along, instead of standing on your axels. assuming you're in some europoor country and you dont have painted curbs but some parking lots have them or you could paint one yourself, even better than wax. trust me user, it is one of the best things maybe in life period.

I kinda wish I lived in the suburbs just so I can plop down a curb smack dab in the middle of the road.

You need more candles. And maybe a blowtorch to melt the rubbed candles so they are smooth as sin

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkmQVw2_TRw

in the very first clip you can see why you don't really need a lot of wax. it does make it easier to learn though.

I've been practicing the neen williams heelflips and I can get the rotation down easily but the board goes waaay infront of me. and by infront I don't mean infront of where I'm riding at but infront of my feet
what do help

Good

that's because it's already broken in, dummy

I was here before the wrestling faggotry, i bid goodbye for the asp that we all used to know

Man, I remember when I used to skate when I was 9-12 and then right after I became a fat homeschooled quasi-NEET neckbeard that's almost 30 and still are the same.

Things were so fun back then...

Attached: 1416431864834.png (196x200, 52K)

Favorite use of music in a part.

Not just your favourite part or track but the perfect use of a song to compliment a skaters style.

youtube.com/watch?v=gizM-PuVnY0

I bought qube bearings, bad idea? Please help

youtu.be/20kxndDs1Tk

youtu.be/IvqgS2a-Jbs

Cool

Even us chessfags think you guys suck get the Fuck off asp

>Zion holding the board like a gun

What did he mean by this /esg/?

>Summer doesnt last forever
Thank fuck, maybe I'll actually get back on my board when my town stops being a fucking sauna.

excellent choices

Attached: 1111111.gif (500x281, 487K)

I'm getting back into skating after a decade of not touching it. I used to be really fat and only ever bombed hills and did shitty reverts. I've hit the gym and lost a lot of weight since them, and am looking forward to actually being able to land some tricks.
I really like the look of Creature skateboards. I know they're made by Dwindle, but has anyone here actually had any shitty experiences with them? Those Maniac decks are just too sick.

Attached: CR_Maniacs_Hitz_Brown_Bottom_DL34.jpg (300x900, 62K)

Go for it. Youre probably not good enough to notice any problems, if there are any.

new board

Attached: 3E79E3C0-E607-4F33-8033-932089DD20BC.jpg (826x1624, 348K)

>us chessfags
*we

Attached: 1566759883.webm (854x480, 1.16M)

Land on your bolts smooth brain

Literally who

Sexy

pop it high, flick it hard, land bolts, ride away smooth

why do they make boards so pretty you wouldn't want to cover them with griptape or fuck them up skating. this is Nora's.

Attached: nora.jpg (1779x889, 96K)

my dad told me if you love something youd beat the shit outta it

This

You need a flight deck

Based

Very nice looking

None available, VXs are not for sale yet

I'm bored and playing Skater XL. Andy trick requests? I mean you won't see them but I'll have a bit more fun.
Nothing impossible in the game please

do a street plant

I have no idea what's possible as I don't have the game... So do a 180 no comply into a nose manual

Feet leaving the board in such a way are not implemented (yet), neither are any tranny tricks or grabs. It's mainly body rotation, flips, grinds, slides (no darkslides or special ones) and manuals. Think street skating, tech skating, handrails and ledges, stairs and gaps. Sex changes, ghetto birds and such are possible, pivots are not
All stances.

Attached: d.png (1280x1024, 2.6M)

Backside 180, fakie manual, half cab out.

This actually took me a bunch of tries. A shoddy manny pad but a good one. Thank you dude

Makes the board more unique, it could also help with gripping also if the boards too long or too wide and you want extra wiggle room when gripping it

Lose some weight, I'll genuinely help not breaking your board

It's not the wheels that dont spin its the bearings, either clean or get new skate bearings

Try tightening your skate trucks, I'll make it more stable at the cost of maneuverability

Daewon is on the shorter end too and many female skaters too

Fs 180 late fs shuv

Tre flip nose Manny nollie Tre out

Steve Caballero is 5'3''

Attached: 1111111111111111111.gif (301x177, 1.61M)

28 isn't old. Keep going you'll get stronger

Not sure if you're a troll or not but you need to go outside and do something. Skate, jog, bike, walk fucking anything. Get a new hobby, find a new job with a handful of coworkers you can stand. DO SOMETHING. Its self fulfilling. Wittle a fucking stick if you can't find a new hobby.

this big time

IT'S TOO FUCKING HOT OUTSIDE HERE IN TEXAS TO SKATE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1550179585209.jpg (750x737, 85K)

At what point did you start doing grinds? I can ollie & 180

honestly, there's no reason to start trying 50-50s after you can ollie if you have a good curb/box

*no reason not to

That sucks.

Link's expired, got another one?

Or, you could contribute to the thread by having your discussion here instead of on a fucking discord.

hey this really helped a lot, thanks

>Let's split the discussion even more by shilling my gay discord
Fuck off discord tranny that shit ruins generals

have a bump

Thanks homie

Attached: 1460495435704.jpg (460x346, 120K)

having discord installed on your PC should be punishable by death

Skating on acid is the best experience of my life and I don't usually like to skate under the influence

i skated nothing but flat, drops and gaps for the first 4/5 years. now i exclusively just go fast, do manuals and slappies. if i'm at a park, i'll do some grinds and skate transition

>t. fred gall

>28 isn't old. Keep going you'll get stronger

Kek thanks. I actually lift weights regularly and have for years. It's the tendon that runs down that leg. I think I just pulled it.
Gonna drag my friend to a skate park soon. He snowboards but cannot ollie. We're going to eat shit and i can't wait. I've always wanted to learn how to ride a mini ramp.

Attached: 1550633498855.gif (376x320, 451K)

You shouldn't have told him

Not a troll, I was being sincere. I learned to ollie when I was 10 and I was tearing up the skatepark when I was 12 but then I moved and became fatso.

>feels bad man

For you

Attached: skate.gif (377x480, 110K)

Attached: 111111111111111.webm (720x405, 582K)

Kind of a bummer but I can see the business move that he made. His brand sells reissue shapes, mostly his old hammerhead pro model.

>Old school decks are trending with normal fags
>normal fags don't know any OG brands or skaters
>penny is popular
>slap Hosoi name on a penny board for exposure
>maybe get more sales
>???
>profit

Still cringy to team up with Penny though.

Santa Cruz was the only company that made the Hammerhead functional. If you’re into some old-school shit, minus the ego, you should check out Scram Skates

I don't know why you guys like to hate on youtuber skater that actually are insanely talented.

I didn't hate. I just said, leaving the YouTube brand wasn't a good idea for carlos if he wishes to continue his career as a skater because no one will take him. His chance of going pro sailed ten years ago. Only option is to build his own brand.

New bread!!!

Thank you user.