Meltzer on G1 final

"Man, these guys today, no matter what anyone says, these guys today are the greatest wrestlers I've ever seen by leaps and bounds. The guys I watched 10-15 years ago like Ric Flair and Barry Windham and everyone and those guys were great for their time but they were nothing like this. This level of selling and this level of emotion. I've never seen anyone like these guys. This was the class. You watch this and this is like--this is pro-wrestling. This is what a pro-wrestling angle is, this is what a pro-wrestling storyline is, this is what a pro-wrestling match is"

Attached: 081208.jpg (600x400, 88K)

He’s not wrong, and in 15 years people will be saying today’s guys can’t touch what’s happening 15 years from now. Wrestling evolves.

You’re both marks getting worked. Wrestling hasn’t evolved, the FORMULA for what makes a “good” match has. G1 matches 5 years ago rarely went over 20 minutes, and now every G1 main event nowadays goes at least 20 minutes because it makes matches feel more “epic” thus fooling idiots into thinking wrestling is somehow better today.

HOLY RATIONALLY BASED

This old fucking jews needs to be ignored

5 years ago the entire card more or less was G1 matches, so naturally they got less time on average. Now they split the tournament up more so that they can run more shows and draw more money.

new japan talents regularly wrestle for 40 minutes before they can weaken their opponent enough to plausibly get a pin. Why should wrestlers be easier to beat in a tournament? If anything, we should get MORE time limit draws.

money and miles kid

And more boring matches then? No thanks

Naito vs Jay went 18 minutes you dumb cuck.

>because it makes matches feel more “epic” thus fooling idiots into thinking wrestling is somehow better today.
>produce more exciting matches
>this "fools idiots" into thinking the matches are better
seethe

>longer means better
based brainlet

after watching Jay White in the second half of that match, I agree. I've never seen anyone do the cornered villain who panics and crumbles apart before so well, it was absolutely insanely good. Jay is a cunt full time through the entire G1 and the only time he breaks down into raw sheer terror and fear is when Ibushi is going full power at him, it was beautiful.

Those sons of bitches, they fooled people into thinking the matches were more exciting by having matches that were more exciting.

Jay has an uncanny quality where he can be a sniveling coward in the middle of a match but still manage to look like a fucking warrior by the end. Maybe I'm just in love with the sleeper suplex though.

Jay White is our generations Ric Flair.

Quads of truth. Fuck the boomers

Based and quadpilled

Based

HOLY FUCKING BASED QUADS WHO JAPAN BTFO!!!!!

He said the same shit in 2016, then 2017, then 2018 was the best year ever now is 2019. Which one is it Dave?

that comment is in support of the statement that newer matches are better you dumbshit.

Based retarded user unable to comprehend words

Ric Flair filled stadiums. Jay couldnt even filll a nba arena.

work on your reading comprehension my guy

literally worked god damn

Based Who Japan working this user & cripple his reading comprehension

Jay is gonna fill 2 stadiums back to back come WK.

He's already a better wrestler and character than Flair ever was.

the irony LMAO

>Ric Flair filled stadiums.
Which ones

>watches Barry Windham matches in 2004

The Korea show.

No one is there to watch Jay White. Okada, Naito and Ibushi are the top draws.
Zoomers need to kill themselves.

That was mandated by the government you faggot lmao

Attached: 6kGliTj.jpg (349x642, 52K)

Okay. World Class. Wanna keep going?.

>this is pro-wrestling

Attached: fuck pro-wrestling.png (1440x900, 1.06M)

Inoki drew the damn house and you know it, Rick did a nice job warming up the ring for him though.
Unlike the shit you watch NJPW just keeps getting better and better, as opposed to worse and worse. Make the damn switch.

>Implying Ric drew that house and not Kerry

Yes, literally the point, and it got a reaction out of you because you couldn't help but feeling the the biggest smartass ITT keep seething though LMAO

Seethe and fuming. What the fuck are you even trying to say? You couldn't even wrote a coherent sentence.

literally got worked again go sit in the corner of a room with a dunce hat on LMAO

>w-w-worked
It's okay to be retarded & low-iq user. No one's going to track down your stupidity back to you on a Zimbabwean bodypainting forum.

people are still saying music from 100 years ago is all time great.

Art does not get better, it merely changes into different styles.

>ric flair
>15 years ago
is meltzer going senile?

>why he exposed me as a dumb retard who took his every word at face value
>imma say w-w-worked as a gotcha
literally worked LMAO

I'm glad you at least have some self awareness.

>Meltzer can't maths
No wonder his scale is broken. His hatred for senile Vince has made him become what he hates

I'm glad you finally decided to end your flaseflagging and come clean that you're just arguing with yourself the whole time. Seek help

Keep posting. I'm sure it'll make you look less like the retard if you're keep trying.

keep getting worked LMAO

>LMAO
Keep saying that word who knows it'll make you less retarded the next time you use it.

the only retarded one here that gives a shit enough is you seething and keep getting played like a fiddle LMAO

>n-no y-you!
If i'm the one who's supposedly getting worked, then why do you keep responding to me? Hasn't it occured in your mind that i'm just messing with you at this point? You played yourself fool.

Oh shit I got worked into enjoying something. How will I ever recover?

because it's my thread and it's only kind of me to entertain my guest. Thanks for constantly bumping it you keep playing yourself LMAO

Why thank you, then i'm carrying your anti-draw thread to actually draw dimes.

Keep bumping to the top to show the world how retarded you are since that is what you're so concerned with LMAO

I know you're spastic and pretty bad with words, but if that's how you say thank you, then i'll gladly accept it :).

I'll accept your inability to grasp basic sarcasm and made yourself a clown LMAO

I too, am a forgiving person, i already forgive you for lacking the intelligence to realize you're being messed with.

QUADS OF TROOTH

Attached: MIKI MOTOI.jpg (1200x675, 129K)

Attached: arn anderson.gif (256x190, 3.73M)

Music had already been around for a very long time, and our rules of harmony and melody a few hundred years. Wrestling is relatively new. Things can get better but reach a peak. If anything, modern NJPW is the peak of wrestling in terms of the mix of overall storylines, characters, performers, crowds, match booking, etc... This may be the last time we see something that ever feels like it's on 'another level' from what we've seen before.

All me btw

Don't apologize for having low IQ LMAO

Someone like him saying this who regularly has simple stories go over his head is hilarious. What a pleb.