WWE finally does something right

>WWE finally does something right

Attached: EBzy33TXkAAn-Nc.jpg (680x383, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YLmUveldJvE
youtube.com/watch?v=tGgXr1yHAaI
cagesideseats.com/wwe/2019/8/13/20803226/king-of-the-ring-2019-wwe-tournament-field
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=YLmUveldJvE

King of the Ring sucks and you dumb niggas fall for it every time they wait a few years to bring it back, only for nobody to care by the time its done

It died when the PPV died

shitty ppv coming back on a Raw episode and will be filled with ads?
YIKES

Oh boy can't wait for the FIRST EVER QOTR to be announced tomorrow. I wonder who'll win that.

So which stale midcarder is going to job while wearing a crown for a few months?

Tournaments are boring

Waiting for AEWHO to make Tranny of the Ring PPV

Please don't give the winner a shitty king gimmick

Why didn't they do this before Summerslam and have the winner get the title shot there

XER of the Ring

Nobody remembers any except 96

Based or cringe?
Firefly Fun House bray Wyatt(not the fiend) wins the kotr and gets king gimmick

It's going to be Cedric or Apollo winning this or maybe Rick o'shea, I just have a feeling it's going to be someone... diverse with no gimmick.

King Booker unironically and king barrett ironically were based

King Ricochet. No one will actually enjoy this.

Based. I just finished g1 climax and hope KOTR will also have 5 star matches

>it's okay when japan does it: the thread

Time to fill it up with lower mid-carders and have bunch of retarded predictable finishes.

It's gonna be King Drew

Heyman likes Cesaro. It'll be him. The Swiss King.

Regal would have been kino if he didn't get busted.

King Booker was kino.

Always been a waste of time.

Whoever wins is fucking done for

Shamrock winning in 1998 was the highlight of his wrestling career.

I’ve got a bad feeling a nigger is going to win

The marks are in the ring

Attached: Screenshot_20190812-183320_Twitter.jpg (1058x1669, 621K)

place your bets for who gets the king gimmick
>Lashley
>Roode
>Corbin
also wwe's site still has lio rush on the raw roster.

2002 you dweeb

>Kang of da rang

They could’ve sold it as a network exclusive again or ppv. Baron Corbin is winning huh.

what are you a Liverpool supporter

imagine steve austin wearing that crown and calling himself king austin for a year

Some mid-card jobber. It won't matter because Vince will forget about it a week later. My money is on Eliath.

kek

>The King of Swing
>The King of the Ring
>The Swiss King
Surely they won't pass this up, r-right?

Attached: skysports-cesaro-wwe_4677214.jpg (768x432, 42K)

The Swiss Shitter is never ever going to win anything important ever again.

>king of the ring
>important
>in 2019

King Corbin

>Doing KoR after summerslam when they could of do it after mania and had the winner get a title shot at summerslam

>could of

Attached: 1550620041927.png (555x565, 329K)

I bet ya Ricochet wins it

g1 is fucking great, BOSJ was great this year, and even with a tiny budget, big tunes billy's crocket cup was great too. you're watching the wrong fed

Fwiw he'd have some fun with it, like a thanos power glove or change his ring name to Yakub Woods and have a big brain crown

This means we're getting the first ever herstory making Queen of the Ring tournament.

Baron Corbin

WHADDA YA SAY LADIES

Why would they make him a king when he's a Baron?

Shamrock and Gunn winning made zero sense. Rock should've won in 98 & Big Show should've won in 99.

Ali
EC3
Elias
Cesaro
Ricochet
Andrade
The Miz
Samoa Joe
Chad Gable
Kevin Owens
Buddy Murphy
Apollo Crews
Drew McIntyre
Cedric Alexander
Baron Corbin
Shelton Benjamin

Attached: 1564606384394.jpg (233x241, 13K)

They're going to fuck it up. Should make it a huge tournament with 16 entrants from raw and smackdown, let it run a few weeks with the final four and finals taking place at a ppv.

Fiv- Six times la

What is a promotion

>tfw king Ricochet

Attached: 8e8.png (509x619, 8K)

You just know that Baron is going to win. It'll be another excuse to make everyone hate Baron for ruining something that could have been good. And it's an excuse to make stupid jokes about him being a "baron" and a king.

>bringing back king of the ring after the fucking G1
Your timing is off the fucking charts Vince

Attached: 1565485095791.webm (536x380, 558K)

king booker was absolutely based

>NWJP invented tournaments

BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE

>King Corbin with his royal bard Elias

Yes that meant that NJPW invented tournaments and not that kotr is gonna look worse by being held is such close proximity to the G1

Attached: 1565561568726.jpg (204x301, 17K)

the timing sure is convenient. At least this put vince as a ruthless leader of a wresler promotion like when he lend nxt talent to an evolve ppv (which coincides with an AEW event) and when he decide to pit the 1 hour NXT show against AEW weekly show.

Attached: riHHHo.jpg (1536x2048, 383K)

RAW
>Baron Corbin
>Cedric Alexander
>Cesaro
>Drew McIntyre
>Ricochet
>Sami Zayn
>Samoa Joe
>The Miz

SD
>Ali
>Andrade
>Apollo Crews
>Buddy Murphy
>Chad Gable
>Elias
>Kevin Owens
>Shelton Benjamin

Who ya got, Yea Forums? My bet is Drew, it's time to push him the way he should have been pushed. Though I kinda wish Bobbo wasn't injured, he'd be great for this kind of thing too.

Attached: Bobby-Lashley-3-900x480.jpg (900x480, 61K)

I figure it will be Owens to reference Stone Cold. Everybody else is more or less a jobber. Or it could be King Corbin for some heat.

>Everybody else is more or less a jobber.
I feel like that's why they're doing this tournament, to try and make a new star out of someone. And who better than Drew?

G1 BTFO!!!

B block as always

Attached: 1555471982337.jpg (612x574, 66K)

She looks like Matt Hardy.

Easy to pick the winner. It's just the one person on the roster in desperate need of a gimmick change to "King".

I woulda said King Elias had he not just won a title. So peobably King McIntyre.

>Tournament to decide who gets a comedy king gimmick

This is why WWE will die soon.

Why they do it before Summerslam?

Lol someone gets a dumb crown gimmick

>thinking this is gonna be any good
you must have forgotten the last KOTR they did.

Yeah like Austin did

"king" is a bit.. um.. misogynist? like it's actually fucking 2019 right now, we should not be worshipping kings we should be tearing those motherfuckers the fuck down.

1996 was over 20 years ago. Cant remember anyone benefitting greatly after that.

King of the Ring could be great if it was just a yearly tournament where the winner gets a title shot and the prestige of adding it to his resume. They don't HAVE to make it a shitty jobber tournament where the winner gets a king gimmick, they just CHOOSE to.

Haha

King of the Ring ruined Barrett’s career, he should’ve been a face as BNB

That would require the WWE to actually put some thought into it. It'll be one of these throwaway things which will be forgotten about in a couple of months. Like how suddenly everyone seems to give a shit what show they're on about 2 weeks before Survivor Series and starts wearing a blue or red shirt, which ends the second the PPV finishes.

It only took a month of the entire world talking about another tournament to bring back their old gimmick.

G1's happen every year son.
>the entire world
Lol

Get ready for Miz vs Corbin finals, lmao.

It was trending on twitter several times. It's not an exaggeration.

They can be good. WWE can't do them for shit though.

>W-WE CAN DO T-TOURNAMENTS T-T-TOO
>please watch please

Remember when this was a PPV but Taker was in the main and drew so few buys that they canned it?

Attached: iu[1].jpg (474x695, 78K)

>Only people who were never world champion get to participate
>Winner gets a shot at a world title at the next PPV
>Do NOT settle the winner with a cringe king gimmick for the next year
There, it's good now.

BASED
AEW BTFO

Yea because that's what should determine who wins a wrestling tournament, which person will have the most fun and throwing it a bunch of nerd references.

Go neck yourself

This is the fantasy, reality is pic related.

Attached: kotr 2015.png (898x363, 15K)

King AJ Styles please

Have him full heal acting like his Cena vs styles feud

Stone cold you Knob.

THAT'S TOO FAR
THAT'S TOO FAR

I don't get it

King of the Ring is a terrible idea if the winner is forced to start wearing a crown & carrying a sceptre. It's so hokey it can be the kiss of death - just ask Wade Barrett & he'll tell you. Triple H used to purposely damage the crown bc he was so embarrassed to wear it in 1997.

It's so obviously going to be corbin or drew. Depends which Vince is more gay for that day

Just do the royalty shtick for the actual "crowning" after the finals and let that be it. Unless they plan for a comedy guy to win.

>win KOTR
>get retarded king-gimmick
>character goes up in flames
>creative: we don't have anything for you
>hello lower midcard hell my old friend
OHHHH NOOOO

Attached: 354.jpg (680x684, 42K)

That's why whoever wins needs to fully commit to the bit. Declare the ring to be their independent kingdom, assemble some cronies and name them things like the secretary of treasury and only have matches within their own rules. Basically do the Better-Than-U-Topia storyline from SvR 2009.

>year to year winners and what they went on to do
Don Muraco
>who
>Harley Race
Dead Boomer
>Macho Man
Based Macho King gimmick
>DiBiase
Wait, he won?
>Tito Santana
The most literal fucking who of all time in WWE history. Never grabbed a single brass ring despite being given all the time in the world
>Bret Hart
The tournament needed him more than he needed it. He parlayed this into stupid feuds with Lawler. Wew lads
>Owen Hart
How much does dis guy weigh?
>Mabel
Proceeds to break the faces of both Nash, and Taker
>Stone Cold Steve Austin
And then he drove a tank into an episode of nitro and won the Monday Night Wars
>HHH
Honestly, didn't even know he won.
>Ken Shamrock
Huh?
>Billy Gunn
could have been cool but austin didn't wanna work him IIRC
>Kurt Angle
dude was on a monster push
>Edge
began the breakout of his singles run
>Brock Lesnar
No stupid crown shit, just got a shot at the WWE title. That's unironically how this tournament should end every time.
>Booker T
okay actually stupid crown shit can be cool if you give it to the right guy.
>William Regal
drugs drugs drugs
>Sheamus
Dude was already a made man when he won the tournament, dude did not need to win it.
>Barrett
And he still hasn't ever gotten out of the midcard.

That's why King BOOKAH was so kino.

>No stupid crown shit, just got a shot at the WWE title. That's unironically how this tournament should end every time.
I agree. King Booka was pure luck. I've always thought it'd be cool if they treated KOTR like the Rumble for SummerSlam. Earning a main event spot for that show would make it feel more important.

I love the one held during the summer of 92. Nash putting over that pack of noggets was great!

>QOTR
Shit I never thought about this.

Attached: 1565640698709.jpg (402x416, 33K)

It'll be Corbin, McIntyre, Braun or Ricochet. Or a debuting Gargano.
It should be Zayn or EC3 though.

Oh no, this whole thing is just so they can give Charles something to do while she doesn't have a belt, isn't it?

I think Im one of the five people in Gable's corner, he needs way more love

>This is the fantasy
Nope, that's the real list of participants:
youtube.com/watch?v=tGgXr1yHAaI

cagesideseats.com/wwe/2019/8/13/20803226/king-of-the-ring-2019-wwe-tournament-field

Attached: cef08-15656658994104-800.jpg (800x449, 62K)

Gable could realistically make it to the finals of that bracket, if he can pull off an upset against Andrade (who loses by upset a fucking LOT) or KO.

Huh. Well, there you go. Pretty neat, actually. Would've had Strowman instead of Miz and Nakamura instead of Owens just to ensure the winner was someone who never got a run at the top, though.

Imagine the reactions to King Corbin

The man will be the Queen just because it doesn't make sense like WWE's booking.

Bone-chilling apathy from the audience and endless crying on Twitter like everything else that involves him?

loool

based Gable Squad, manlets rise up

The King Booker character was based, and the KOTR win and that character finally got him a main event run in the 'E, albeit it on the B-show.

The KOTR can be cool when they actually use it as a device to elevate someone new. When they just do a tournament and then do little follow through with the winner, it seems completely pointless.

KOTR has been fucking awful since Undercarder killed it in 2002

It was my favourite PPV as a kid. I've hated Taker ever since I learned that he was the reason it died. Fuck his no-dimes-drawing ass.

>Charles beats Asuka again in the finals

Attached: sheltonlook.gif (296x235, 2.38M)

You're all gonna shit when joe wins

sorry they dont make capes in XXXXXXXXXXXXXL

crong zoomer

Attached: Mark Henry.jpg (642x642, 81K)

WWE spoiled the winner in the thumbnail

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 1.37.25 PM.png (249x257, 62K)

that's missing at least 4 X. COPE

source/story on this? google just brings up taker's matches at the ppv

That'd be cool.

is that Joe down there carrying the throne?

yeah bro. and Fit Finlay

>Cedric wins and starts doing a WE WUZ KANGZ Wakandan gimmick

Attached: 041_WM34_04072018cm_00465-f613058aa1e19d433c58964384634a44.jpg (1200x675, 136K)

With the exception of Regal, Austin, and Savage when was the last time KOTR done ANYTHING remotely good to the winner's career.

Edge won it in 2001 and it kickstarted his solo career. Brock won it in 2002 to get the WWE title shot at Summerslam that made him the youngest champion in history at the time. Edge won it in. Booker won in 2006 and had the best character run in his career. KOTR had a lot of misses, but also its fair share of hits.

Edge did so well for himself I included him twice.

He main evented and the buyrate absolutely tanked so they cancelled the PPV because its reputation got destroyed

Pretty much.

Am I stupid

Coming right after the G1 could be a good thing if it means that someone in the back watched the G1 and learned something from it and this is the reason they are bringing it back now. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Meaning?

meaning you can't cum if your balls are on cloud 9, but your dick is a crazy 8

So is ghe king getting a shot at the title or is it pointless loke last time?
Also post yfw buddy murphy wins

Based

My pick is Andrade