Dave Meltzer on the G1 wrestlers

Dave Meltzer on the G1 wrestlers.

>These are, without a doubt, the best wrestlers I've ever seen. People I watched 15 or 20 years ago, like Barry Windham or Ric Flair, they were great for their time, but they just can't compare. The level of selling, the level of emotion... They're just on another level.

is he right?

Attached: dave-meltzer-baaae6ff-7f7d-48f5-8e75-33c4427c1cc-resize-750.jpg (489x352, 25K)

Yes
Boomers can fuck off

Yeah but E-drones will scream

>The level of selling

Based autistic Meltz comparing wrestlers at their peak with Barry Windham who wasn't even wrestling by 2004 and a 50 something Ric Flair. $11.99 baybay Wooooo

Selling isn't all restholds E-drone

Dave unironically needs to take a shower and have sex. He's shilling a shitty product as "THE BEST EVER" so gullible marks keep his business afloat.

>The level of selling, the level of emotion

Attached: 1548202390073.jpg (600x580, 235K)

not enough flips for you?

>The level of selling
>The level of emotion
>Literally just disingenuine :O face
I needed confirmation and now I have it with what this semen slurper's taste in wrestling is

None of this shit comes close to NOAH in the early 2000s

He is completely right from an in-ring standpoint

>The level of selling, the level of emotion
GAYYYYYYYYY no wonder this guy isn’t married he’s fucking gay

Attached: 6C927055-1C84-44A6-9A02-FC99C49C0F7C.gif (245x280, 1.3M)

Nice job exposing you as not having watched a single match

dave has done this before, he says "20 years ago" when he means the 1980s. a lot of people do that

Nice job coping because your favourite wrestlers do it but don't want to admit it

>does 40+ minutes on NJPW to start the Summerslam review

literally has to do this because if he did two separate shows, like he should have, no one of have listened to the G1 radio. He literally has to lump NJPW shit with WWE jsut to get a few people to listen to it..

Obviously not because that statement applies to a few of them but not fucking Fale or KENTA

not enough tarps for ya?

>The level of selling, the level of emotion...

Attached: Rich Swann's Fedora.jpg (640x660, 69K)

Imagine owing so much head space for KENTA and Fale to live comfortably inside OP's head OH NO NO NO NO NO AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH this workrate mark seething. LMAO

I bet Dave thinks Rollins is good at selling

huh?

try making sense next time, retard. face facts, if NJPW gets a WOR show with little or no WWe content, the listens are WAY down. We dont want to listen to that shit.

>thread about "G1 wrestlers"
>bring up G1 wrestlers
>"rent free"
Based newfag

Can anyone be bad at selling? How does one fail at conveying how much pain they are or are not in? Dave has never been a wrestler or even been a booker, how would he know how much moves hurt?

Matches may be the best it's ever been but I still don't care because everyone is more concerned about getting their shit in with perfunctory performance of going through the motions it all just feels soulless

Most people have seen a real fight retard

>he spelled it as new
Lurk more nufag LMAO

This. I always turn off whenever weeb or Indy shit comes up. If it starts the show I skip through it. Chads don't want to hear about how Hiroshima Banzai-kun sold Seppuku Vegeta's 20 stiff headbutts and then did 12 flips through the air.

Very few wrestling matches emulate real fights, particularly not in Japanese rings. Unless they're literally giving each other headbutts and causing brain damage. But you know actually hurting yourself or your opponent isn't the point of wrestling. That's mark shit.

But we know what seeing someone get legit hurt looks like so the wrestlers should emulate that. The point might not be to be real but it is supposed to LOOK real

Retard in Japan wrestling is actually more realistic since they do exchanges and reversals more often,in a real fight both opponents swing punches and kicks until one goes down for good.

>DID YOU SEE ORANGUTANGO MAKABANGE VS ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA YAREYAREYAREYAREYAREYAREYARE FOR THE DRAGONBALLS AT THE HOKAGE DOME? SUCH EMOTION, CRISP RING WORK, REFINED STORY-TELLING
>8 STARS!

Attached: Anime tip.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

>But you know actually hurting yourself or your opponent isn't the point of wrestling.
>Japanese wrestling literally does that
Guess you're calling yourself out for being a mark for defending weeb shit

The state of this contrarian board. Yes, wrestlers, the current top ones, are better than 99% of the older ones. It's just how life is with almost everything, especially sports, except for certain freaks of nature who remain the best for decades or even centuries.

only people in their 60s do that

implying I'd waste a moment of my life watching weeb wrestling

I'm really glad that Dave is enjoying himself.

what selling is he talking about? in NJPW you have to murder someone with 800 finishers to win a match, after getting 50 obvious and pointless near falls
too many actually

And you are here,wasting your life on a wrestling board bitching about stuff you don't even watch.

>smelly bug-eyed gooks
>Showing emotion

Lol, good one. What, did they hang themselves from the rafters after their match?

im a zoomer and i do that retard

That's great. On an unrelated note, is NJPW TV still being beaten in the ratings by a 10-year-old anime?

fuck off zoomer
how the fuck is anyone enough of a fag to have started watching wrestling after it became gay as fuck?

>The level of selling, the level of emotion... They're just on another level.

*get chopped*
OHHHHH THAT CHOP :O OHHHH THAT HURT ME OHHHH OWWWWW
*get chopped again*
:O OHHHHHHHHHHHH STOP PLEASE STOP IT HURT ME
*get chopped again*
OWWWWWWWWWW :'O OWWWW OWW OWWWW

>AEWtists and E-drones coming together to COPE over the fact that Meltz likes NJPW
Sad!

Confirmed younger if you don't remember how big WWF/WCW, i watched that shit in the womb

it was shit by the time your mom got knocked up lil guy