Do you think Vince regrets losing Jericho? He and Vince were always close, but I mean on a business level...

Do you think Vince regrets losing Jericho? He and Vince were always close, but I mean on a business level. Jericho is the only active wrestler with mainstream appeal--Rock and Batista retired, Cena on hiatus, CM Punk in UFC. The only one who's on Jericho's level of star power is Lesnar. Seriously, Jericho will be huge for AEW.

Attached: 348c0-15629466172544-800[1].jpg (749x473, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uXemabnp_Ro
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

reddit

That old faggot can’t even do a triple powerbomb anymore

Jericho has always been a B- player. Paul was right, he was never "the guy". Revisionist history likes to pretend Y2gay was ever anything more than a glorified midcarder, but most of the time he was fighting with X-pac in the curtain jerker if he was even on the card at all. Nothing of value was lost

Jericho was a key reason WWE business started to falter in late 2001. His feud with HBK drew decently in 2008 but that had a very short shelf life. Vince probably misses him in a way, but not enough to pay him more than Money Mark Khan does.

Did Jericho really get that big? This paints a pretty depressing picture of the landscape of wrestling

Inasmuch as he regrets any of the stupid shit he did that led directly to AEW being created, I guess. That's getting to be a pretty long list.

Vince's whole thing right now is paying people exorbitant amounts so they can't make any money for anybody else, dude, he would absolutely pay Jericho big money if it meant he wasn't in AEW.

>jericho
>mainstream appeal
in what possible way
fozzy played in the third smallest venue in my small town

>invasion sucking
>austin turning heel
>rock becoming gay
>hhh injured
>jericho becoming the guy
>9/11
is 2001 the worst year ever?

he had him job to Fandango, buddy. Vince can simply push that great new main eventer Fandango that he built up using Jericho instead.

Look at what he does for AEW, he draws big dimes from the millenial gen who grew up watching him. Vince is absolutely seething he didnt lock him in a contract.

i once saw a thread where the op was r*ddit wordforword and the subsequent replies were also copied from r*ddit

the millennial gen has been goofing on jericho for years now
he's not onions enough for them

He's been trash even since he left. Actually takes away from cards he's on. His latest "reinvention" with that elbow is embarrassing. Needs to retire soon.

>But he brings in new viewers!

Jericho has never and will never be a draw, no matter no much he says otherwise.

Jericho's feud with LIJ was kino.

Sure he's been goofed on, but they still tune in for his shows.

Even in 2000, Chris Jericho and Fozzy weren't main stream. Their debut album did less than 5k copies, the label canceled the European release and their documentary,as well as appearances and endorsements..

when your top draw is a guy who vince mcmahon relegated to jobbing for fandango at wrestlemania, you have a problem

I remember Jericho saying that when he told Vince that he was going to leave, one of the reasons was the stupid amount of money.

The damage was done far before Jericho fucked off, it' could've been Punk the one that legitimized another promotion with the momentum that he had.

Damage's done though, others will leave and if you get the occasional Mox that doesn't care about the money Vince will have to give up control once again.

what happened to that guy?

Heel Austin wasn't bad, he was just Too Cool still and nobody cared if he turned on JR or did evil shit.

Attached: 22_Too-Cool-03.jpg (642x722, 333K)

He's 50 and slowing down. Jericho is delusional about his star power and is no more well known than a guy like Orton at best, forget Lesnar. But he so genuinely believes or at least pretends to believe that he's the biggest thing around that marks like you do too, so good for him for marketing himself well.

>Heel Austin wasn't bad
literally hundreds of thousands of blue collar/lower middle class kids were turned off by it. the numbers don't lie

You seem to have misclicked newfriend. The address bar is at the top of the screen.

Is that his fault, or is he just doing his job? He went over ole Stone Cold and the Rock in the same night. Vince wanted Fandango to go over, the audience didn't like it, it's done. Jericho went to Japan and was over as it gets.

>He went over ole Stone Cold and the Rock in the same night
yeah because HHH was injured and they needed a heel to job to him
>Vince wanted Fandango to go over, the audience didn't like it, it's done.
Vince could have put Fandango over a number of different people. His former multi time world champion? Whatevs
>Jericho went to Japan and was over as it gets.
Any top WWE guy would be over in New Japan. Despite what Memezer tells you, WWE is still the be-all-end-all over there, that's why they sell out every time they go
just look at this HBK vs. Flair match from 20 years ago. HBK got one of the biggest ovations of his career there.
youtube.com/watch?v=uXemabnp_Ro

Jericho isn't big, but he's the only active guy that can go and promote wrestling on a boom radio show, local TV, etc, where there's a chance non-fans or lapsed fans will recognize him.

I think half of Jericho reigns were ended by Trips.
Is it because Steph always had the hots for him?

My phone is fucking me over I would like to just point out that WWE can't sellout Sumo Hall. Which has less seats than Budokan, Osaka-jo Hall and of course Tokyo Dome.
No, user, NJPW does better attendance wise than WWE in Japan.

>NJPW does better attendance wise than WWE in Japan
i'm sure they do. WWE is still just as big over there even though they only run it a handful of times per year if that. Meltzer only mentions this in passing but he does admit it

>yeah because HHH was injured
He still went over the top 2 stars in the industry
>Fandago
We agree there, he wasn't fit for the top.
>NJPW, ex WWE guys
Obviously it's not the same environment, some guys are cut for it, some aren't. Jericho and Mox can thrive in either feds/promotions

>some guys are cut for it, some aren't. Jericho and Mox can thrive in either feds/promotions
you're talking about workrate here. Jericho's big accomplishment in NJPW was doing a WWE-style garbage match. Mox is a masochist who wants to get over with the marks at all costs after years of being labelled the Jannetty of the shield.
At the end of the day, Seth and Roman still make more money than Seth, and HHH still makes more money than Jericho.

>that's why they sell out every time they go
They can't even sell out Sumo Hall going once a year.

yes they can.

They did not this year, user.

They drew 6700 and 7500 over two nights when they went there earlier this year. Way less than NJPW draws in that building on average.

becky and jasethy cards don't count

Attached: 1552778294995.jpg (719x719, 82K)

Compare KENTA to Mox or Jericho