These are the three most acclaimed NJPW matches of 2019 so far according to Cagematch users. Do you agree?

These are the three most acclaimed NJPW matches of 2019 so far according to Cagematch users. Do you agree?

Attached: cagematchtop3.png (691x114, 17K)

Shingo's matches with Naito and Ishii weren't at that level for me, but who knows I might just be CHOPPAed out.

>vidya game scores for fake fighting
seek sunlight

Agree with 2 of the 3 but Ishii/Shingo wasn't on the level of those other matches. My number 3 would probably be Okada/Ishii NJ Cup.

Based big match Shingo

Shingo/SHO and Ibushi/Ospreay were better than all 3 of those matches imo

>no
>no
>yes
nujapanlets overrate the fuck out of every generic big match main event

Why not? How is it different from video games.
No, really, I know you are shitposting, but why even ask about that, why make a shitpost out of it. It's not triggering anyone and you surely aren't thinking you are making a good suit post

I only know ospreay but only because he gets shitposted here. I don't care about stars for a fake fight

k

Based ShinGOAT

Don't know who Shingo is

I don't watch NJPW, so I don't care.

based

Shingo is doing for New Japan what Jiro Kuroshio will do for the WWE.

Literally who?

>Cagematch
So shit opinions galore. They'll eat anything Meltzer spews out of his mouth. There's your problem. Stop listening to the opinions of German smark numales.

>wasting good shitposts on the lowest iq board
Get a load of this mark
Worked

BASED SHINGO. Now imagine him... vs. Okada

For me, it's Okada vs Ospreay, Shingo vs Ospreay and Ospreay vs Ibushi, but I haven't seen Ishii vs Shingo yet, and I also think Okada vs Ibushi will take a place there

Takagi vs Naito and Takagi vs Ospreay deserved a really high rating,Ishii vs Shingo happened yesterday and i can barely remember it.

ELP vs Rocky is still my fav njpw match this year
shit was kino

They hit each other so hard that just watching the match caused you memory loss. My condolences.

Omega-Tanahashi (1/4/19) would still be #1 if not for the genefreaks of Puro Twitter negging it with [0] ratings. Same with Okada-SANADA and Okada-Ospreay. Cagematch needs to do something about how impactful negative ratings are. Some fucking smuck loser should not be able to drag down a score like that.

but puro twitter would give it a 10 for the fact Kenny lost and fuck off forever

Wrong.

Still a better opinion than namefags on 4chink

Best matches thus far have been Okada-SANADA G1, Okada-Ospreay G1 and the Ibushi-Naito series, just to piss off Alvarez (plus it's been feud of the yr)

>the Ibushi-Naito series
Wrong.

>Acclaimed by the most brain-dead masses that has been influenced to like a certain style

The 2 best MOTY so far took place the same night, Shingo vs Ospreay and Tana vs White

Spotted the neckbeard.

Let me preface this by saying I am not an AEW shill and am kinda glad that Omega left and exposed himself as 1 dimensional.

Omega/Tanahashi was match of the year and if you doubt it watch it again. The Wiley bombs, Omega trying to get Tanahashi to play his game and suckering him into throwing himself through the table, kneeing Tanahashi's ribs relentlessly, etc.

ELP vs Rocky is up there too.

Where it gets tricky is the Ishii/Moxley, Ishii/Shingo, Shingo/Naito, Juice/Ishii, Naito/Moxley, etc group of matches. They are all good and have slight variants and peaks between them. But can you call any of them a top 3 match for the year if there are such similarity with so many other matches? SO number three is Jay White/Juice. Terrific babyface in peril and fired up against cowardly and sadistic heel. I am so glad White brought back the inverted Figure 4. It is perfect for his style of torturing a babyface since in that position they cannot attempt to force a break from Jay, they can only hope to crawl to the ropes.

But this whole year has had a super high level of matches going on. Have not even mentioned Sho/Shingo, any Okada or EVIL matches, and more. It is really a buffet and everyone is going to have different tastes.

tl;dr

>1. Tanahashi vs Omega
>2. El Phantasmo vs Rocky Romero
>3. Jay White vs Juice Robinson

Attached: Evil Counters Rainmaker.gif (342x193, 1.9M)

God damn Dave really is just handing out 5+ like nothing now.

isn't shingo supposed to be a jr?

It speaks to the level of Dave's confidence. He's an amazingly confident person who is comfortable with his tastes. You see so many wrestling reviewers who are afraid to rate something 5-stars out of fear of being labelled a mark. Dave says fuck it, goes in head first.

Take the choppa pill

didn’t read lol

huh didn't know you could turn your triple chin to look down at yourself

i'd put tana v omega in there instead of one of them, probably the ishii match

Dave's ratings became very questionable since 6 stars and worthless since every other match started getting 5+ stars in 2018

His rating has been questionable since he gave 5 stars to Manami Toyota matches while other women on the same cards were having better matches. It's just now people watch the matches he rates.

this year has been really "eh" for me
there's been some great matches, but nothing that really blew me away
definitely no five star matches
Omega/ Tanahashi
Takagi/ Ishii
Okada/ Ishii
Okada/ Jay
Naito/ Ibushi III
these are my top five off the top of my head, in order. Naito/ Ibushi is the best, but I still wouldn't give it five.

I think the Ishii match was a bit overrated. It was the typical Ishii match.

>he gave 5 stars to Manami Toyota matches while other women on the same cards were having better matches.
A subjective opinion and one that means very little considering the source (some literal who on Yea Forums).

Yeah, that's why his record in the G1 is fucking horrible.

The dude rated Akira Hokuto vs Shinobu Kandori lower than the botch filled tag Toyota/Yamada vs FMW girls on Dreamslam. It's been clear since the 90's that Metlzer is a movez mark. When it comes to rating matches everyones opinion is subjective and means very little btw.

Yeah, I just watched it. It was great but not 5.5 stars great.

And he has every right to be. There's no objective measure to determine a match's quality, everyone will or can perceive it differently. Also words carry power depending on the speaker's popularity and depth of knowledge, and it goes without saying that Meltzer is the most popular journalist in wrestling.

I'm not bashing Meltzer I don't care about his rating.I just find it dumb when people uses his rating as an argument to say if a match is good or not, especially when they say the match had a great story/psychology when it's obvious that the thing Meltzer has always enjoyed the most in a match are the moves.

His favorite wrestler is Ric Flair, so this idea that he only enjoys movefests is one that holds no water, I'm afraid.

All those multi woman AJW matches and more recently all those young bucks matches he rated highly proves he is a moves mark. And Ric Flair was doing a lot more moves than most of the other wrestlers from the same era..

Based big dimes shingo