NXT on Wednesday Nights

AEW is fucking finished

Attached: nxt.jpg (956x1200, 232K)

>Hey Vince, we're competition
>Good for you pal, compete with our developmental!
>...

Attached: 1564578453339.jpg (900x1200, 197K)

Once Cole and Dream leave, what has NXMeme left to make me tune in? Shit tag division? Joshis being buried? Extreme thigh slapping?

I caught an episode of NXT for the first time in a long time, and I saw a female ref officiating one of the men's matches. I cringed so hard I had to turn it off.

Nah NXT is once Vince feels the need to "adjust" some things

good, about time these shitters get exposed on live television without 4 months between matches to practice everything in the performance center

wow that's everything AEW is as well! Wrestling has never be healthier!

loving this pre-cope please post more

Do you honestly think Johnny Gargano and some indie geeks can carry 2 hours of live television every week?

Raw and Smackdown midcarders will be all over it.

I'd rather watch Gargano than Kenny Omega
Velveteen Dream, Adam Cole, and the rest of the roster are there
Plus you have the main roster to pluck from
AEW doesn't have any legit TV stars. Jericho was never a numbers mover. Even if AEW wins the ratings battle, it won't be by enough to make WWE worry

competition is toxic

Attached: blocked.jpg (329x378, 18K)

that could actually end up being really good if they just let them have their own matches

Holy shit... Did the AIDS meme come true with this nigga? He looks like dogshit

>FS 1

Who?

hello poorfag

*draw the Yea Forumschad views*

Attached: 1555112417487.jpg (1080x1080, 227K)

couldn't believe it when i found out he was only 35, just think that's about the age batista was when he first started in the wwe

I'm actually surprised USA aren't clamoring to air NXT, especially when NXT has more viewers than Tribute to the Troops each year it was on...

aew will be fine if they dont do retarded shit like the librarian garbage they tried to force

fox wants to build up FS1
personally I find it much more watchable than ESPN most of the time but they still have a lot of dogshit on there like NHRA drag racing.

Wrestling is banned on Wednesday from now on.

its gonna take fox like 2 months to realize that Big East Basketball is a bigger draw than some shitty developmental pro wrestling.

what is USA airing on wednesday 8-10 pm and what are their viewership like?

how long until TNT realized no advertisers want to pay for a blood and guts rasslin show that draw less than some shitty developmental pro wrestling?

Stupidest thing WWE could possibly do..
New company starts up and avoids directly competing with you, so you don't have to worry at all about "losing" anything in a timeslot. But you move your developmental minor leagues that no casual viewer is going to care about to against it on a weak channel...

All this is going to is give AEW more attention and validation. And AEW is going to beat NXT. So now you've directly opened the door for a rival company to claim they beat you head to head and build momentum and morale. Get ready for the shitposts.

Attached: vincent botchman.webm (700x344, 622K)

why not just slide in 205 the guys can already work and you already have a show. nxt is garbage.

like 3 months.

>live 2 hour nxt with main roster and more vince involved
lol, he's gonna kill it

at best they’ll have beaten wwe’s minor league circuit. at worst they won’t be able to do even that

Law & Order and Suits
Boomer favorites that do 1m+ viewers

So why the fuck aren't they doing a show on thursday? I'm 100% sure they knew about NXT being on wednesday beforehand. Thursday is the only weekday that does not show any wrestling anywhere and they would run completely uncontested.

Attached: Manny_think.png (1237x1237, 556K)

Look at this drone lmfaoo. Gonna love every laugh when AEW btfos NXT on a weekly basis and Vince has to bring Roman or other main roster talent.

>Thursdays
that's basketball day for TNT

>And AEW is going to beat NXT
AEW's marquee A show beating the c-show developmental brand isn't that big of a deal though
They need to not only beat NXT but demolish it to prove any points

>we're competition
>we're the alternative choice
>s-stop competing with us

and this is only Vince moving the minor leagues to a pay station

Attached: dweeb.jpg (245x312, 10K)

I thought it was laughable when Meltzer said "people in the TV industry" thinks AEW is going to draw 500k on their debut while Dave predicts 800k.

How is it not a failure if they drew less than 1m+ on Wednesday in prime time TV slot when Miz and Mrs debut episode drew 1.2m at 10 pm on a channel weaker than TNT?

>vince reformatting nxt completely just to compete with AEW
>vince trying to buy fite TV
he's so fucking scared, poor old man

>For obvious reasons, that was the time slot expected
>Of course it wasn't going to be finalized until TNT announced the time slot.
>The working idea is...a taped show will not work to head-off AEW.
The sheer amount of cope from Meltzer, and we're supposed to believe he's impartial and not compromised

I've watched all AEW shows so far. They pander to SJW's and redditors more than anything NXT does.

who can be impartial when your career forces you to watch WWE shitters constantly?

Too bad that AEW already has a deal with turner. He's going to kill the indie shows though.

Vince couldn't give less than a fuck about NXT. It's shit developmental that isn't worth a shit. Haitch always hires shit that comes to die in the main roster and he has had no reason to think otherwise ever since the SHIELD debuted. For Vince NXT is a money pit that's necessary to keep shitting content on the Network like 205

BUT

The main objective here isn't to give NXT a platform, but to eat part of AEW's potential viewership. Let's say that AEW have the potential to reach 3 million viewers. But now NXT is on TV. The casual retard fan who has heard NXT is actually good wrestling unlike the main roster will now want to watch it without having to purchase the Network. Now AEW's viewership goes down. The potential bragging rights they could've had about beating RAM's or SD's ratings go down the drain.

NXT is still a moneypit but now at least keeps the image of Vince's main roster. Haitch is happy he has two hours now. The NXT superstars still get called to job to Roman/Jasethy/Charlotte/Bliss. Vince wins in the end

welcome to business 101, NEET

NXT has been dreadfull the last couple of months. This TakeOver is dying on the secondary market and there's 0 buzz on social media

>says the increasingly nervous AEWtist for the 300th time this year

Cope harder. Yesterday Alvarez and Dave talked about the NXT product doesnt feel special anymore.

you mean to say people aren't buying into Cole vs. Gargano v2: The ReDo: The Rematch?

>NXT Live 2 hour show
KEK. well NXMEME ya had a good run! Have fun being just another wwe brand with all the same issues and problems that comes with!

Attached: 1509679604380.jpg (480x362, 13K)

>But you move your developmental minor leagues
NXT was always on Wednesday retard

are you that mexican guy who always calls in?

>NXT is still a moneypit

not if he can get some channel to give him millions of dollars a year to air it

Nah thats the spic banging your mom.

That's not the point. The image of NXT is already created. You'd need a Crown Jewel level dissaster to erase it. Right now there are still buzz around Dream, Riddle, Cole, Gargano, Shirai, and some others. People still believe there's good level there despite the rest of the shows being awful.

Not only that. The build for the threeway, Io/Candice and Mia/Shayna has been subpar at best.

>The main objective here isn't to give NXT a platform, but to eat part of AEW's potential viewership.
That's dumb. NXT has been on Wednesdays at 8 o'clock for years now, if anything AEW fucked up and fired the first shot by not choosing a different time or day.

People only care about the TakeOvers and now not even that.

>bait vince mcmahon into ruining wwe's most praised show with just a timeslot choice

damn cody has a mind on him

AEW is not a money pit? Most of their wrestlers are still independent contractors without health care and benefits despite their owner is 3 times richer than Vince with a roster size the fraction of WWE. Some of their wrestlers are signed on a per appearance instead of a full time multi year contract.

its v3, actually.

>Yesterday Alvarez and Dave talked about
stopped reading there
when they stop selling out takeovers get back to me

Not on TV it wasn't, nor was it live, why was there a sudden change e-drone?

Attached: dogsface.jpg (240x250, 10K)

The last one didnt sold out. Dummy

>NXT product doesnt feel special anymore.
Outside of the Goldust match the past 2 AEW shows were just another indy show

pure cope.

Attached: 0988861345.png (540x456, 127K)

I feel bad cause AEW can't compete with this. But excited too, cause we're gonna see a lot of main event talent vs NXT (Dream Matches)...

>The Fiend (Bray) vs Velveteen Dream
>Nakamura vs Adam Cole
>Orton vs Matt Riddle
>Rusev vs Pete Dunne
>Kevin Owens vs Kyle O'Reilly
>And the list goes on and on...

NXT going to a H2H two hr show vs AEW with FULL use of every wwe roster... I'm sorry, but AEW is fucking dead. They came against God and felt how awesome goodness was.

Attached: tfw.jpg (585x358, 29K)

>Healthcare
Neither does WWE ir NJPW have it
>Comparing a starting company with WWE
Holy retardation

>"Hey Brian, I don't think this company that will be going head to head with our twink friends' company feels special anymore."
>"yeah Dave, me either. I don't think this company that is directly competing with our twink friends' company feels special anymore either."
Imagine my shock.

Attached: pinteresting.jpg (578x258, 15K)

>Yesterday Alvarez and Dave talked about the NXT product doesnt feel special anymore

what amazing timing for two AEW shills to reach that conclusion

Attached: 1552275856683.gif (200x200, 3.36M)

Rent free
Go back

There's zero buzz about AEW. The gimmick that made them (Bullet Club) is dead. If a girl caught you wearing an "Elite" t-shirt you'd be instantly friendzoned for life.

>Shills
But they are NJPW shills though. Just listen to the latest show.

>Neither does WWE ir NJPW have it
NJPW has free healthcare because they are not based in a 3rd world country and WWE paid every medical expenses for all their talent under contract, from breast implants, dentals to other major surgery and physio therapy plus they still get paid when they can't work due to injury and what not.

>Comparing a starting company with WWE
>Holy retardation
AEW claimed they are going to "change the world" and more wrestler friendly but is using the same if not worst business practices than WWE.

are you really gonna pretend that nxt hasn't been on a decline since takeover new york?

>but is using the same if not worst business practices than WWE.
bullshit

>If a girl caught you wearing an "Elite" t-shirt you'd be instantly friendzoned for life.
implying women even know what the fuck the Elite is enough to do that

>Everything not agreeing with AEW is cope
Are you actually gonna think with your brain or just be a retard for a faceless corporation?

>NXT slot probably comes free for the SmackDown deal.

>If a girl caught you wearing an "Elite" t-shirt you'd be instantly friendzoned for life.
you're right. I'll be drowning in pussy if I get this WWE shirt instead.

Attached: 1551846F7B.jpg (1001x1001, 122K)

are you going to pretend aew hasn't been on a decline since double or nothing or are you actually saying fight for the fallen is a better show than fyter fest and fyter fest is a better show than double or nothing?

Yeah man. NJPW is so good that some of their talent has complained about having to buy plane tickets by themselves. Seek sunlight weeb.

>why is a taped show becoming live when a live show starts running against it?

Attached: 1565191643482.png (454x520, 13K)

>Decline
>+5000 seats and 300.000 BRL subscribers at Fyter Fest BTFOing the NJPW attendance the year prior
>FFTF sold out during the walk in
>TV Debut already sold out
What did you mean by this.

>meltzer and alvarez are biased because they say nxt is worse now!
>it is
>so is AEW!!!
did either of them ever say those free shows were better than DoN?

One of the main issues NXT has right now is its small time slot. You have to stop featuring superstars for weeks because there's not time for everyone. Look at the build for Io-Candice match. It's 70% out of the ring footage and 20% Io's matches with Shayna. That's embarrassing for a grudge feud.

When did this happen?

I think you confused NJPW with Impact whose talents literally had to share hotel rooms when they had a show in Mexico in order to save the company a few bucks and two of their most pushed women wrestlers need a second job to pay the bills.

TakeOver New York was shit as well. The brand has been on decline since Brooklyn 4 on August 2018.

>Meltzer
>two hour NXT
Fake news, but in the event it really is true this is some monkey paw shit.

Attached: Kornheiser_DESTROY.gif (320x240, 1.79M)

do you retards actually read the post I was replying to?
Someone said NXT Takeovers has been on decline, I pointed out by that "logic" AEW's shows has also been on decline when you considered attendances and match quality while Takeovers always sold 10k+ tickets and always an 8/10 shows.

>New company starts up and avoids directly competing with you
Only that's the opposite since CAWdy, Omegetty, and The Cucks have implied demonstrably that they want to beat WWE.
>FS1
>weak channel
You're a special kind of retard.

>Yesterday Alvarez and Dave talked about the NXT product doesnt feel special anymore
>Yesterday Alvarez and Dave talked about
>Alvarez and Dave

>2 hour NXT shot live, produced by Bucky Beaver and written by Vince
>in addition to 3 hours of RAW and 2 hours of SmackDown.
Sweet baby Jesus

>FFTF sold out during the walk in

that's a big nope

Attached: ohnonononoo.png (960x540, 668K)

>putting your developmental on live
>putting it head-to-head with an actual promotion
Shit this is a bad idea

I wonder how this will work, will NXT tour or they just going continue to film from meme sail?

NXT is a 3rd brand and has been for years.
wouldn't be shocked WWE dissolved 205 live and divide the roster between RAW, SDL, NXT and NXT UK.

If they go live for 2 hours then they will definitely tour.

Why not just stay at meme sail? All they have to do is make better storylines, which shouldn't be that hard. They've literally done the most basic storylines for years now, surely they have something up their sleeve.

I liked NXT as a one hour show. A breath of fresh air compared to bloated three hour raw

WWE want a hot crowd each week and doesn't want to look like it's shot in a bingo hall or small gym. I suspect they'll want it in at least a 5k venues around major city in the US.

Attached: MJF.jpg (521x381, 27K)

>NXT has been airing Wednesday nights for years
>AEW announces they will air on Wednesdays
>NXT possibly getting upgraded to 2 hours
>NXT BAD!

AEW shouldn't have tried to take NXT's night.

>be a retard for a faceless corporation?
isn't that your gimmick pal?

Attached: nu-male-edrone.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

that's exactly the point you mongoloid
>"w-w-w-w-worked!"

>making up fake newz
yikes

>AEW shouldn't have tried to take NXT's night.
how does papa H's dick taste?

Attached: 1554844685704.png (671x488, 223K)

>he thinks upper carders will be wasted on NXT
lmao

Of those 5 matches none is remotely interesting. You are a shit booker.

>takeover
>selling out
user, I.......

>he thinks Vince won't put Roman Reigns on NXT once AEW beats it
Haven't you learned anything about this man

you what? stop stuttering. NXT Takeovers always pack the house and they will on Saturday. Deal with it, cope, dilate, whatever you have to do.

imagine the full sail smark crowd on live tv for 2 hours every week

Better than Raw and Smackdown tarp crowds, maybe they would trick people into thinking WWE was exciting again

RIP nxt wwe will kill it themselves.
Making it 2 hours, live and a touring event while using main roster talents. They cant sell it as "our developmental" anymore, it's the main roster so if they lose that one its fucking bad for them. But yeah they are about to kill what makes people like nxt and expect Vince to book the show too.

That's the point they are gonna use main roster guys. Yes the same no dime draw are expected to draw in nxt. It's not developmental if you use main roster guys, so it will be wwe losing against aew. Not just wwe's developmental
I think vince is helping those guys, it's not possible for them to be this retarded

They still sell out crashing Ticketmaster and shit like that , did wonderful numbers on br
"They are on a decline"
:)

Just as bad as AEW crowd's for 2 hours every week. I can feel my testosterone dropping form just imagining them both.

>not sure how Big East basketball effects this
I thought Meltzer was a journalist. Quick search and he'd have seen that FOX and CBS made a deal back in May in which CBS will air some Big East games. The deal was for 20 games, 16 on CBS Sports and 4 on CBS.
NCAA regular season is about 18 weeks. Conventional wisdom says the 16 games that are airing on CBS Sports are the games that would have aired on FS1 on Wednesday.

Watch Being the Elite

>finished
This is actually exciting. AEW was in danger of stagnating already, becoming a generic indie fed with a lucky TV deal but this could force them to pick up the pace. We haven't had two wrestling shows competing for the same time slot on major TV networks since 2001.

>Johnny reddit and Adam manlet headlining Wednesday nights
Guess we ain't watching wrestling on Wednesdays

>Wrestling shows on 3 consecutive nights of the week

wew. Maybe AEW should've gone on Thursdays or Fridays. Nobody can be fucked watching three nights of wrestling.

I think AEW are in a tough spot, going back to the trademarks when they started they clearly wanted to do Tuesdays and fill the gap from SmackDown moving to Fridays but that was a no-go for TNT because of the basketball.

>you mean 2 hours of Izzy every week?!

Attached: LMAO.jpg (1080x1080, 84K)

205 sticks around so they can justify SDL tickets being the same price as Raw's.

>2 hours
Pass. The reason I even tolerate nxt is because its only an hour

based Cody working the grandpa into ruining the e-drone brand most everyone enjoys

fucking 4d chess

Attached: endof_2.jpg (709x610, 102K)

Kek, you're still gonna watch bitch, stop acting like you're cool

Thank you for saying this. It’s how most of us feel as well

The issue with modern NXT aid Hunter has abandoned his tried and true formula. Push someone and then give them the title at the peak of their overness, and then call them up after losing the title. Doing this allows constant introductions of fresh new talent, and allows them to get rid of anyone before they feel stale. Gargano refusing to go up and Vince having no interest in Undisputed is really hurting the nature of the product.

Nah he's right. After DON they had crazy hype, it was all the wrestling world could talk about it. But since FF and FFTF were so mediocre and meh, they've killed a lot of their momentum. Sure they're still selling out cause its new and fresh, but a lot of the buzz has gone.

They better hope All Out is an amazing show with several surprises to get the momentum back.

What is with you idiots and healthcare benefits? The ACA doesn't exist anymore. Now you can actually buy reasonable private insurance.

>Gargano refusing to go up
he was on the main roster(with Ciampa as a tag team before their blow off match, fucking stupid). When Vince saw them he said nope and he stayed in NXT

GayEW killed in the cradle by Triple Chad. Absolutely based.

I can't wait to see Ziggler vs. The Miz for the NXT championship

Except that’s not true. Why are you speaking as if you know that as a fact? You’re 100% wrong

Not user, but if you think Gargano said, "Fuck the main roster, I wanna go back to NXT and stay there forever.", you're nuts!
I assume you're the one that said Gargano refused to go up. Are you fucking retarded, he wrestled on the main roster for weeks - he didn't "refuse" shit.
I do like your version of events tho. You're saying that Gargano, King of The Manlets, took one look at the size of real wrestlers and said, "Nope! I'm out!". You're basically saying all manlets are afraid or real wrestlers and that's 100% true.

it's like you've never watched WWE before.

Attached: manlet meme.jpg (776x438, 67K)