Meltzer: WWE wants to purchase Fite.tv

>WWE has had recent interest in purchasing Fite TV to the point there are meetings upcoming regarding it. What that would mean isn’t clear, as could they just own it thinking it’s a good future business and have it run separately, or incorporate it into a higher tiered network. One thing for sure, it would make indies that work with Fite TV in jeopardy in some form, and the key is, it would for sure shut down AEW’s leading streaming partner. That said, AEW can get a new streaming partner within the Turner family and may end up that way anyway, and WWE talks to a lot of people and that doesn’t mean a deal is getting done

Attached: B9036A55-2867-4B75-B602-7245DDE3F1A8.jpg (766x400, 26K)

lol indie shitters BTFO again

Now I know who raped the indies

Man I seriously can’t wait for WWE to die. Constantly told by E Drones that if you don’t like WWE stop watching it, you stop watching it and WWE still kills wrestling for you.

RIZIN BTFO!!!!

Someone's gotta. The business side of WWE has to know what it means that AEW is being run by people who know how money is made in the NFL. All of the mid sized indies with content catalogs are going to sign licensing deals because its a way to make cash on old product, the bigger indies are going to either have to band together and try to make a streaming service of their own or get bought out. If WWE owned fite.tv they'd have a much shorter line to building those deals and being able to package that content then AEW and that might make the difference between AEW being a TV show and AEW being a streaming competitor.

Imagine if AEW had the entire catalogs for ROH, AAA, Impact, CZW, and PWG on a streaming service. Or if they came to a deal with NJPW. Thats the kind of thing where some people who are only going to pay for one wrestling product might choose to pay for AEW instead of WWE. As it stands now, AEW doesn't have the volume of content to justify a streaming service, which means they aren't really competing for all of the same dollars as WWE. Buying fite might head that day off.

HAHAHAHAAH OH NO NO NO NO. ALL YOUR PRECIOUS INDY COMPANIES ARE NOW WWE’S. GCW/ROH/AAA/AEW HAHAHA. It’s sports entertainment. Not wrestling!.

AEW wouldn’t really be effected by this. It’s all the smaller companies that would be.

If you're a wrestling fan, this should upset you.

>If you're a wrestling fan
Sorry, I don't know what that is. I'm only a sports entertainment fan

Attached: eDQvTAB.jpg (1080x1331, 97K)

Theres no clear revenue stream for AEW to be a touring company with a weekly TV show and justify a nine figure investment. A vanity project could have been done for a lot less. AEW's long term plan has to include a streaming service and to get the kinds of numbers you need to make money they need more content then they're going to build before their nut runs out.

Every single content catalog that WWE licenses from an indy is one that AEW can't use to build whatever that service is. Thats the goal here, to lock in deals so that AEW can't get their hands on enough content to really challenge the Network.

I want it to die though.

>What that would mean isn’t clear, as could they just own it thinking it’s a good future business and have it run separately, or incorporate it into a higher tiered network.
Don't be a simp, Vince just wants it just to shut it down to (shocker) hurt other promotions making money and cripple other companies. Fuck WWE.

Attached: iy27z.jpg (504x503, 65K)

WWE just needs to fucking STOP.
I still watch, I still love... but fucking leave the indies alone for fucks sake that's where all the good shit happens.

>BIG CORPORATIONS BAD

dumb drone

EVERYONE'S GOT A PRICE
FOR THE BILLION DOLLAR MAN
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1560072624094.jpg (1000x562, 301K)

>defending big corporations
fuck off republicucks

Attached: 1565054266465.png (1024x732, 966K)

very bad

Dumb comment.

>WWE BAD
>OTHER BIG CORPORATION NOT WWE GOOD!

Vince is INEVITABLE

Attached: 1554700345349.gif (200x150, 2.38M)

State of this bootlicker

I want wrestling to die.

>Meltzer
Regardless, big if true. I think Vince is bringing back the territories with that purchase.

>If you're a wrestling fan, this should upset you
Wrestling is dead user. Let Vince give it a quick one already.

>actually tried bribing fans to keep watching
OOOOOOF

Gonna cry? Gonna piss your pants? Maybe? Maybe shit and cum?… Well then you fucking normie, maybe you should click on my username and on my profile you should see three dots to the right of my username. Click those three dots to open a dropdown menu reads "Block". Click that option and confirm that you want to block me to avoid seeing my future posts

The still picture was supposed to show Vince about to snap his fingers like Thanos and kill half of every indie promotions in the universe

if there was a single dime to be made from those catalogs someone would already be doing it.

Correct, a lot of idiots over valued catalogs of old wrestling shows, there are so many better wrestling content easily available and made every week, only a bunch or retards still living in the past would rather watch a 5 or 10 year old matches than watching new ones.

Well the fucking COO (not CEO but whatever) has worked with WWE/TNA and is likely responsible for this meeting. Fuck him.

The only saving grace might be that the other FITE owners wanting to stay within the MMA, Boxing and Kick-boxing streaming business, which WWE has no market share in.

Attached: FITE.png (1533x804, 380K)

Why doesn't Vince just buy out Meltzer and turn the Wrestling Observer into the WWE Observer?

Based

Is the CMO an Austin Powers fembot?

Attached: austin-powers-7.jpg (2528x1322, 396K)

mark belzer, an on-screen talent who runs a dirt sheet and obnoxiously harasses talent about their match scores, over-scores the guys who kiss ass and under-scores others based on dubious criteria, etc. would be dimes.

LMAO FUCKING BASED