Wrestling Gear

Can someone please explain to why so many modern day wrestlers opt to wear wrestling shoes or sneakers (wtf) as opposed to actual gear made for professional wrestling like these wrestle boots?

Oh and talk about other gear related stuff too.

Attached: 85AFAC14-6E0B-4374-B090-F10CFBDFFDF3.jpg (299x695, 16K)

Because they're hipster faggots. Although, if someone is working a shooter gimmick, it makes sense for them to wear just wrestling shoes.
Also, kickpads are gay.

>kickpads are gay
This, makes them look like fuckin Power Rangers

Mmmm

Wrestling shoes are way easier to move around in than boots. They are also a bit safer because you can't roll your ankle as easy.

I've had the same question and the trend annoys me as well.

Guys like Brock I get since their whole gimmick is being a shoot fighter/amateur wrestler, but pure professional wrestlers like Seff should be wearing boots not pads and sneakers, it looks gay as fuck.

Hi Enzo.

Attached: aptopix-london-olympics-wrestling-men.jpeg-1280x960.jpg (1280x960, 166K)

What are those shoes joshi always wear? They come in every color and have like an X on the side.
Are they actually good or just cheap to start with

They’re wrestling shoes made by the Japanese company Asics. And yes, they are actually good, even the base models will last you a while. Asics has been supporting wrestling for decades and I think most joshi I see wear the older Cael Sanderson models.

I know one of you motherfuckers knows the answer to this

How unfit are you if you don't recognise a pair of asics? They're one of the leading athletics shoe brands in the world and most Jap wrestlers wear their wrestling shoes.

Streetwear in the ring should be Vader Time punishable. Only faggots do this. It ruins the illusion of pro wrestling.

>wearing literal wrestling shoes in wrestling looks stupid
>everyone should wear random boots instead

I run in 20-30$ running shoes I get from my nearby WSS :(

looks like a Nash boot

Sorry, I didn't realise you were American.
You can get shit cheap since the new ones are always just recolours, so the older colours drop in price if you can find them. I legit only wear asics because they're not as popular here so they're the cheapest.

based. caring about what you exercise in is for women and faggots

A lot of wrestlers actually like to wear them because they're more comfortable than wearing the traditional wrestling boots.

Cm Phil killed wrestling in some many ways, one of them is making kickpads the thing for newcomers indy midgets

More importantly, why does everyone have fucking shinguards now?

The only one who looks cool with kickpads is Ibushi

The main benefit of boots is that if you're big/tall and not a legit grappler they protect your ankles. It also makes it easy to wear lifts.

>He thinks wrestling shoes are worn off the mat

If you’re a non-athlete faggot, sure

The much worse thing he fucking did was let people think it was okay to wear basketball shorts as wrestling attire, then Steen picked it up, then a bunch of other people and now it's common. Fucking awful. Give me fake shiny baggy leather pants over fucking basketball shorts or jeans or sneakers that shit is for queers who can't get over any other way or are ashamed of their bodies like women.

To be fair, they make for good weight lifting shoes.