2K DITCHES YUKES

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
videogameschronicle.com/news/2k-splits-with-veteran-wwe-studio-yukes/
>WWE 2K20 will instead be led by California-based Visual Concepts, which co-developed recent instalments in the franchise, the game’s publisher 2K confirmed.
>2K told VGC in a statement: “WWE 2K20 will be developed by Visual Concepts, who have worked with Yuke’s on the development of the series since WWE 2K14.
>“As we’ve continued to invest in the WWE 2K franchise, we’ve seen the Visual Concepts team display incredible passion, talent and commitment to the future of the series. We thank Yuke’s for their years of partnership and are excited to see what the Visual Concepts team brings to the franchise moving forward.”

Attached: 3566989-wwe2k20 std (esrb) agn fob.jpg (720x907, 850K)

Great. Yukes gets dropped for the company that assisted Yukes for five years.

BASED Yukes will bring in a solid competitor

>Yukes talk about making another wrestling game
>Immediately get canned by 2K

Wrestle Kingdom 3 fucking when?

Attached: 1nhn9d94gaw21.jpg (616x876, 376K)

Would it still be as bad as the latest WWE games?

Yukes is actually doing a different wrestling game since a few months

Yes

Rumble Roses 3?

Attached: 58139_front.jpg (640x908, 105K)

WK was on the Day of Reckoning engine, which was far more solid than the other WWE engine.

Please God

Would ding-dong diddly cream myself if this got announced

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Becky Lynch sucked on my asshole in the summer of 2019.

hey roman

>Visual Concepts
>NBA 2K series

I hope you guys like microtransactions.

At least this means the end of the Frankensteined Smackdown 1 engine. I fear that 2K21 will be really limited though since they have to redo all the assets.

Why does it look like an early PS2 game then?

>who have worked with Yuke’s on the development of the series since WWE 2K14
So it's still going to suck. Good to know.

Would pay full price for. These games were awesome.
>not calling it Rumbles Roses XXX
Want, but is absolutely never happening.

>wrestler debuts new move
>new move added to moveset in game
that will be 2.99 plus tip

Don't worry you can buy a package deal with the wrestler + all their moves to use for CAW's for only $19.99.

Oh wait your CAW doesn't have high enough High Flying stat to use this move, but you can get a stat boost for just $9.99.

Are the Rumble Roses games actually any good? I just can't imagine a wrestling game made by Konami being any good. How do they compare to the AKI games? Any customization?

>Ditch Yuke's
>For basically their team of interns and grunt workers
Classic 2K

wwe 2k games have always had an insanely bad DLC model. The problem is there's no way for them to monetize online multiplayer because it's a miserable cheesefest no matter what tweaks they try to make

From the articles I've read they've referenced that their new IP is meant to be an in-house rival to their current system.. and that they haven't had a rival since AKI.
They've also developed a new motion capture system yet to be used in WWE games.

>“For WWE, for example, motion capture is created by the wrestlers and/or actors, and then that data is cleaned up by a mocap studio before being sent to artists for further processing and fine-tuning.

>“With ALiS Zero, the data is created on the spot, along with the motion capture, and submitted immediately,” she said.

>“This new system does not require anyone to edit or process the data. It immediately creates data that can be implemented directly into the game. So yes, it can save a lot of man-hours, and a lot of time overall. We are confident that this is a huge breakthrough.”

So I think they're hinting at trying to a create a game like AKI that's smooth and well animated, as well as high variation in animation.

I would put it as a passable wrestling game. Would describe the gameplay as a cross of Shut Your Mouth and Dead or Alive. Predictable, but nothing horribly wrong with it. Never bothered with creating a character because I have no creativity. Did play with the body sliders though.
It's the Senran Kagura of wrestling games: there's better wrestling games out there, but if you want anime tiddies it's easily the best.

FUCKING FINALLY

Never. Wrestling games have bombed in Japan for 20 years

The first one is solid, the roster is small, there aren't many match types and the controls are confusing coming off any other wrestling game, but it's a fun arcadey game you can play with your pants around your ankles with some nice features like distinct babyface and heel gimmicks for all the characters.
I don't rememeber much about the second one though.

>not THQ
yep don't give a shit

>2K DITCHES YUKES

Attached: tenor.gif (498x280, 3.66M)

based

It's irrelevant, the game has been the same since 2000, they still use some of the same fucking move animations since the first smackdown.

I'm just waiting for that game Yukes said they were gonna make.
2K20 just looks disappointing already so i'll just keep playing 2k19 for now lmao

No it hasn't and no they don't.

It's probably cancelled, like the WWE Brawl and WWE Parts Unknown of yore.

This was true in 2010

Theyre probably still using mostly the same codebase and will revamp in the next year or two

If only. The DLC never even matches whatever is going on in WWE at the time. If they were smart, they'd be selling skins/moves/arenas/characters within days after they were shown on a Raw/SD episode.

worked

Return of GM mode when????

no not very good mediocre at BEST

>wwe 2k games have always had an insanely bad DLC model
no not really

>Visual Concepts one step closer to making football kino when the new CEO launches

DO IT VINCE. Save the world from madden.

When the new XFL launches*
Fucking mobile

FUCK 2K KINO IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

Based. Didn't Kenny say he wanted an AKI engine game if he were to make one?

they tried their damndest with 18 but people freaked out abuot the grinding in story and they said they wouldnt add them or some shit
pretty sure 19 has them dont they? or does 19 still have the unlock dlc that you buy to unlock everything at once?

Remember when THQ folded and everyone was hyped that a "real" dev would get their hands on the game series after the shit shows that were wwe 12 and wwe 13? then they released 14 which was a thq game in all but name, and 15 which was a reskin of a thq game with higher resolution graphics and less creation features?
thats going to be this situation except they arent starting over on a next gen so they arent ditching the creation features yet. just the same shit in a new package

oh shit you are right, the GOAT football games were from 2k, hopefully the guys who made them still work there.

They absoultely do. Any game that goes in with a planned DLC model is bad enough, but the bread and butter of a wrestling game where the gameplay is buggy rehashes every year is the roster and selling packs of six wrestlers, even when they they aren't new debuts is scummy as hell.

i was this poster () and yeah. I might have been being a little dramatic, but the accelerator (editing roster attributes) and the fact that you won't be able to download half the CAWs on CC if the guy who made it used kneepad 16 or middle kick 4 from the DLC are both real bad.

I know there's worse ways to do dlc than making people buy extra models but the way it interacts with CAW is shitty

>the accelerator (editing roster attributes) and the fact that you won't be able to download half the CAWs on CC if the guy who made it used kneepad 16 or middle kick 4 from the DLC
Shit, I fortgot about these because I haven't played WWE games in years, but the accelerator was the thing that pissed me off most because it was free to change stats for years (and rightfully so because it costs them nothing to do) until THQ started nickle and diming people with DLC when they were going out of business, then I was doubly pissed off when 2K kept doing it as well.

Even if the same guys aren't all there, I imagine they still have the old 2k football engine and it can't be worse than madden

>visual concepts
HOLY SHIT KINO INCOMING. Unironically hyped now, VC is unironically a great choice. God I hope Vince hires them for XFL games, the physics and attention to detail on All Pro Football 2K8 were fucking fantastic.

Attached: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg (847x572, 50K)

They've been working with Yukes on the WWE games for about five years, don't expect this to be anything but a cost cutting measure to make up for soft sales.

>Knowing that.
Holy cringe.

holy cope, i just follow regular wrestling news you fucking faggot. i bet you only follow wwe.com because you're too retarded and feeble to follow the biz in any meaningful way despite watching 50 hours of wwe a week.

You're gonna get AEW: Intersectional Microaggression Simulator: Current Year Edition

You guys know Visual Concepts made pic related right?

Attached: 1554572375062.jpg (640x457, 75K)

No, but they make me compulsively masturbate so I pretend they're good

Game was the shit

>Yukes can go back to making games that are actually good instead of boring sim shit
thank god

Taffy was the michaels

literally what is wrong with her face?

Testosterone.

Too bad it's too late in the development cycle that it'll be exactly like 2k19, and it'll have to reuse assets from 2k20 in 2k21 so MAYBE we'll have a somewhat playable game in 2k22!

XX is alright. Lots of characters with a heel and face costume, customization, photo gallery mode to take naughty pics of your harem roster, and the gameplay is a mix of Dead or Alive/Tekken with N64 era AKI wrestling games. I got it years ago for like 15 bucks and enjoyed it

Wait so 2K20 is made by VC or did Yukes make 2K20 and VC is now taking the helm? Either way, I'm excited as fuck. 2K21 might end up being the best wrestling game in a decade with them in charge. Attention to detail, physics engines, etc. Hopefully they get the license to make an XFL game before it goes under.

Attached: 3527512925.png (464x398, 208K)

make the switch

Attached: mayu.jpg (1199x677, 113K)

The game comes out in just a couple months, Yukes made 20.

>Rasslin game not on Xbox
As if it sells better on PC than it would on Xbone.

Considering the bone is the laughing stock of this gen, yes

Imagine the dimes it would draw now that DoA has been permacucked

Yuke's was the developer since the first Smackdown game until WWE 2K19. THQ and 2K are only publishers AKA the suited guys with the money.

You know what happens when a yearly sports game franchise starts over because of new generation consoles and starts using a new game engine? The first few games will be barebones a fuck when it comes to game modes, customization and shit like that.

See: F1 2015, NHL 15, many others

WWE 2K23 is the one you should be looking forward to.

Attached: fucken this.png (100x98, 33K)

The game comes out in 2 months. It's too late for them to make any major changes. It's still gonna be the same old shit.

look at her face. yikes

The games got worse when 2k got involved and now that they have full control you think they’ll be better? Lmao

Don't talk about the Man like that. She will beat your ass.

>not Ichabod Clay
get out

This. And it hurts. Why won't they make wwe games great again?

Bruh look at this dude
The games be having move and taunt animations that look super out of place compared to the mocapped shit
Lazy Yukes has been dragging out their same tired fucking engine for like 20 years now
Would like to see a new ground up engine more than anything really

>thinking any of the guys who were on the development team for that are working on wwe games

>The game will now be developed by the studio that has been co-developing it ever since it turned into hot garbage
Am I supposed to be excited?

Wouldn't be the same without master cripple artist Shiro Kotobuki.

Attached: rumbleroses_artist.jpg (200x200, 42K)

the games are basically SDvR with some crazy impossible moves thrown in but a bit more arcadey as there was a health meter and a humiliation meter which maxed out left you open to a super submission move.

as for the roster, there's only one real wrestler in the RR games and that baby face Reiko everyone else is just a gimmick based on their costume

the create a wrestler in RRXX is abysmal, you can change Lambda's skin tone hair, boob size, and costume and give her a move set from another character, but that's it you couldn't make a unique character from the tools your given, it'll always be Lambda in a different costume.

and finally the unlocking process in XX brutal, you have to be come champion to unlock your characters super star for and to do that you have to max out you popularity but the kicker is you lower the other girls popularity as yours goes up so using a 2nd character to chase the title takes twice as long and so on and so on.

it's a fun game to play with like minded bros but single player is a drag