Why didn't Cena take this feud seriously?

Why didn't Cena take this feud seriously?

Attached: rockcenas.png (806x397, 612K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZBg-djXhaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wasn't that the "fruit loop bitch" promo? I wouldn't sell it either, he was completely phoning it in.

What amazes me more is that people still get worked by this shit, and actually believe they really disliked each other. Complete marks.

He conducted feuds like an Yea Forums shitposter basically. Don't know if that's based or cringe or a bit of both.

He's basically doing a "worked"/"seething" to Rocky in this picture.

I mean I can't imagine Dwayne being too happy with Cena basically corpsing throughout their whole angle

Cena's gimmick is that if someone gets the better of him in a promo he pretends to be unaffected.

Because The Rock is the GOAT and Cena will never top him. Might aswell laugh it off to pretend he doesn't care about the feud.

cope
Rocky was dishing out schoolyard level insults in that promo, he was so unprepared
Can't blame Cena for the no sell even though that's typical Cena

Basically this, Cena's whole shtick is undermining his opponent as much as possible so they won't get over him.

Rocky was trying to do an Attitude Era blood feud where the two stars hated each other but Cena was being PG era cringe

imagine if Stone Cold no sold everything Rock said during the build to WM X7?

fuck the attitude era was so good bros why cant they just go back to when men were men this should have been Rock vs HHH

He was coping

You only no-sold dweebs back in the AE because if you did it against anyone who had a lick of say you'd either eat a receipt or have to stare down one very thirsty Undertaker in wrestler's court

fuck they were even still trying to sell the shockmaster's botched entrance when it happened, you'd never see that level of dedication now

Because he knew Rock was right.

This feud was the first time I ever rooted for Cena.

>This feud was the first time I ever rooted for Cena.

Unironically worked.

Who would?

I was so pissed when he lost my flat mate ordered rock sweatbands and wore them all week working me into an autistic shoot

>Rock's phoned in "ur a gay poopoo head" promos he wrote off his hand were supposed to be bad

He was legit seething and envious of Rock's success.

>>Rock's phoned in "ur a gay poopoo head" promos he wrote off his hand were supposed to be bad

Yes.There is a reason Rock had to go on facebook

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZBg-djXhaM

Kek, did this to my highschool teacher when Germany murdered Brazil aka his home country in the world cup after he lost our bet. Got kicked out for the whole class period

This was peak ego era Cena

What a fucking promo, Jesus.

I'm sure I remember reading a while back that Rock said during those feuds, he was told to hold back and go easy, since once the feud was over he wouldn't be sticking around and Cena would be, so no point completely burying the guy who's still gonna be there every week.

People actually thought this was real.

Some fans are so fucking easy to work.

Attached: the-rock-wrist-notes.jpg (333x269, 80K)

He did the same against Miz and Roman. Completely no sold everything they said about him.

As a kid I remember Rock insulting Triple H, and Hunter legit looking pissed and angry, I believed it. Better than just laughing and grinning like a fucking Cheshire cat.

this promo would've buried Cena, permanently had it aired on TV.

This.

Cena always does that goofy smiling and laughing thing when someone bodies him on the mic.

Rock has literally cut the same style promo for 20 years. If you think he needs notes to do so, you are retarded. That was a work 100% just to give Cena a burn at the end of that promo.

It's not specific to the Attitude Era; it's a rule for wrestling. You're never supposed to completely bury somebody (if you're actually trying to build a match) because it's counterproductive. You can bury jobbers because they're jobbers. You're not trying to sell a match with them.

Attached: 123904092342.jpg (645x370, 53K)

>removes hat
>smirks
>completely buries you in his promo
>beats you clean and sends you to the lower midcard

Cena was fucking awful outside of a few feuds.

Why do marks gloat about not being worked?
This is why you dont enjoy the product, you refuse to get worked and engross yourself in the show

>Calling it "the product"
What a mark

Rock has said they had legit heat during their feuds and you can tell. Cena was pissed over Rock leaving (not sure why it allowed him to become top guy) and kept insulting him for quitting on wrestling, but according to Rock they're friends now, and Cena apologises for those comments in every damn interview he makes kek.

Because Cena legitimately didn’t like Dwayne at the time.

worked

It doesnt really make sense for Cena to hate him either seeing as he is doing the exact same thing now.

Why didn't Rock take it seriously? He just said Fruity Pebbles over and over again.

Which is why he's apologised in dozens of interviews those comments, admitted he was wrong etc etc.

Think of all the guys who shit on Brock for getting 10 mil for like 6 matches. If in 10 years they get the same deal, they'll be issueing apologies constantly. Its the same thing.

See:

Nice fucking blog at the beginning of that video

Would you take a feud seriously when it consists of an opponent who does nothing but regurgitate the same tired promo, verbatim, that he's been saying for a decade or more?
Cena knows what we all know, Rock got extremely lucky being pushed as the first third generation guy and getting to ride the coattails of much better wrestlers.

Fucking GOAT